The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

5 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"You would not. Freedom I would imagine. A realm of it's own perhaps where it could rampage to its heart content. That or vengeance on me."

"Hmm... a realm of it's own, eh?" a smile crosses Vale's face. "You're giving me ideas, Nath. Don't worry, the vengeance thing won't happen."

49 minutes ago, 00kla said:

"Go for it. I'll make sure to give you more if you run out. If the dust gets contaminated or used too much it starts to lose a charge, and while it's hard to make more, it isn't too hard to recharge it. I think I'll teach you one more, and then you should probably go practice and make sure you have them down."

"'Kay. One more, then go write them down and practice. Ask when I need more. I'll do that!"

Just now, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"'Kay. One more, then go write them down and practice. Ask when I need more. I'll do that!"

"I like you, kid. What do you want to learn? There's a glyph for just about anything, although I'll tell you if something is probably too complicated. For instance, I once made a glyph to create ice cream sundaes, but it takes about ten minutes and a whole lot of charge to draw, so that's not too helpful except as a party trick."

11 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Vapor, when you come back, remember that we still love you!

@Vapor

10 hours ago, 00kla said:

"Go for it. I'll make sure to give you more if you run out. If the dust gets contaminated or used too much it starts to lose a charge, and while it's hard to make more, it isn't too hard to recharge it. I think I'll teach you one more, and then you should probably go practice and make sure you have them down."

"I'm sure I could handle that if we need to. But regardless, we still need to deal with the monsters, and get Daolan and Herate out. You said they had some kind of hold on Daolan?"

"They... did something to him. Some guy can control his heartbeat."

10 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

The exhaustion returns to my eyes as I listen to Vale and Fadran. "We are powerful, but we have limits. We cannot prosecute a war alone. What happens to these people once we leave this place? They must be allowed to stand on their own. If we alone fight for them and even if we summon supernatural aid then they are far worse off for it. I have seen what happens when immortals take interest in worlds and agree to fight for them. Mortals must not lose the ability to wage war for themselves."

"So the only place we can get an army from," Fadran concluded, "is here."

4 hours ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"So the only place we can get an army from," Fadran concluded, "is here."

"The wisest course would be to have an army of this world is to fight for this world. There is a great deal of risk involved in doing this any other way. Unless we stay here forever or an outside army that we bring in stays forever what will happen when we go? Will these people be able to survive?"

30 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"The wisest course would be to have an army of this world is to fight for this world. There is a great deal of risk involved in doing this any other way. Unless we stay here forever or an outside army that we bring in stays forever what will happen when we go? Will these people be able to survive?"

"In that case, I have a Plan C: get recruiting."

15 hours ago, 00kla said:

"I like you, kid. What do you want to learn? There's a glyph for just about anything, although I'll tell you if something is probably too complicated. For instance, I once made a glyph to create ice cream sundaes, but it takes about ten minutes and a whole lot of charge to draw, so that's not too helpful except as a party trick."

"Um... is there anything you really enjoy or think I need?"

A report on how things worked out with Herate, xino.

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

You forgot to say "please"

:) No, my goodness, he asked "A report about what?" and I was answering his question.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

"Not from you," said Psyder. "You have other things to do."

"Can I help it if I'm a little curious?" Herate smiled innocently. "And what other things?"

38 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Um... is there anything you really enjoy or think I need?"

Chrysler laughs. "I guess it is kind of hard to pick something when I just told you to pick literally anything. How about we get a retrieval glyph? If you put it on your book or something, it will fly back towards you when you make the glyph again."

1 hour ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"In that case, I have a Plan C: get recruiting."

"A reasonable plan. However, we will have to ensure that Wyrn does not get to the fox before we do. The castle will have to be watched immediately. We will have to be ready at a moment's notice."

1 hour ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

"We're leaving at noon to... take care of the silver fox. You'll need to be prepared to fight alongside us."

"That's a short deadline. What does being prepared entail?"

51 minutes ago, 00kla said:

Chrysler laughs. "I guess it is kind of hard to pick something when I just told you to pick literally anything. How about we get a retrieval glyph? If you put it on your book or something, it will fly back towards you when you make the glyph again."

"Oh, sounds awesome! Let's do that, I'll never lose it again!"

5 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"That's a short deadline. What does being prepared entail?"

"You have been endowed with power," explained Psyder, "but have no way to access it." He rolled up his sleeve, revealing the black tattoo-like marks on his arms. "You need these."

2 hours ago, 00kla said:

"Perfect. Now, memorize this." Chrysler sketches a slightly more complex glyph in front of her

Andante stares at it for a moment, then gives up and pulls out a smaller spiral-bound journal. She sketches it in the book, along with the other three runes, and smiles. "There, will that do?"

1 hour ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

"You have been endowed with power," explained Psyder, "but have no way to access it." He rolled up his sleeve, revealing the black tattoo-like marks on his arms. "You need these."

Herate is both attracted and repulsed by the strange black marks on Psyder's arms. She settles for leaning forward a bit. "Those look like they hurt."

8 hours ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"That's right. Any suggestions on how to do that?"

"Some of us will remain here and begin the process of preparing this army through recruitment and training a second group will have to keep an eye on the castle or failing that draw the fox out of hiding."

55 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Andante stares at it for a moment, then gives up and pulls out a smaller spiral-bound journal. She sketches it in the book, along with the other three runes, and smiles. "There, will that do?"

"I mean yeah."

Chrysler grabs the book from her and throws it as far as she can, which is considerably farther than would be expected.

"Now get it back"

8 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

"Some of us will remain here and begin the process of preparing this army through recruitment and training a second group will have to keep an eye on the castle or failing that draw the fox out of hiding."

"Right-o. Fellowship: who's going and who's staying?"

Ah, scud... how many people do I have to tag?

10 hours ago, 00kla said:

"I mean yeah."

Chrysler grabs the book from her and throws it as far as she can, which is considerably farther than would be expected.

"Now get it back"

Andante draws the glyph in the air, focusing on her book. "Like that?"

2 hours ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

Ah, scud... how many people do I have to tag?

All of them, Fadran. All of them. :P And some people aren't even with you right now.