The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

4 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

"This I think will be the best solution that we can hope for at the moment." I turn to Kailer. "We have little time to waste. If you could call the platoon and their officer we can begin."

@Ookla the Grammatical

"They're awaiting you at the training ground, I assumed that would be the best place for them to learn."

3 hours ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

Psyder hand stopped inches from the entry point of the withergeist.

"Very well," he said neutrally. "For projection... shadow acid. A substance that annihilates normal matter, and causes pain to living matter. Dyrlings are varied, but pain is universal. 
For construction, armored plating is your best bet. Your frail form will not be able to withstand many attacks without assistance.
For jurisdiction, telekinesis. One of the most versatile offensive options, and useful for enemies that are hard to get close to.
For perception, you may as well choose darkvision- it will help you better work with other Myrkaal.
And finally, for augmentation..."
He slid the blade across his skin once more.
"I'm sure you can see the benefits of regeneration."

Herate compared the two examples in her head to give herself a basic idea of the range and nodded. "For projection, I would instead like to radiate contentment or dull emotion. Akin to yours, but less... destructive. I would also prefer to keep my basic appearance, so for my construct I will choose claws. For jurisdiction... this one sounds fine, telekinesis. Perception sounds reasonable, and enhancing my strength for enhancement. Do those all work?"

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"They're awaiting you at the training ground, I assumed that would be the best place for them to learn."

4 hours ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

'That will work. I'll get them ready and be off, if that's all right with you."

Unless anyone has any objections, I'll just do this off screen and have the wards finished in a few hours

Edited by 00kla

3 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Herate compared the two examples in her head to give herself a basic idea of the range and nodded. "For projection, I would instead like to radiate contentment or dull emotion. Akin to yours, but less... destructive. I would also prefer to keep my basic appearance, so for my construct I will choose claws. For jurisdiction... this one sounds fine, telekinesis. Perception sounds reasonable, and enhancing my strength for enhancement. Do those all work?"

"Those are all possible," replied Psyder. "I could give them to you now, if you are sure."

The pain was worse. Much worse.

First came the easy part: projection. A few lines from the core to the hands, some script to create the effect, and it was done. A few more lines and some script later, the ability to construct claws was added. Barely any trouble at all. Sure, the lines felt like maggots crawling with live electrical wires, but at least it was only on the skin. The telekinesis ability was the last on the easy ones, requiring only a few symbols in key places across the body so as to best create a surrounding web of power.

After that, the power began to turn inwards. Tendrils that were somehow both freezing cold and burning hot began to worm their way through Herate's body. Script formed inside of her, power etched into her very bones. It spread outwards from her chest agonizingly slowly, leaving behind a residual ache as it passed. Almost as an afterthought, it wove script into her eyes to let her see what lay in darkness as well as light.

"Perception abilities are mostly automatic," said Psyder. "You can deactivate them, but usually there's no need- they don't use much power."

He extended his hands, transitioning. "The first trick is projection. Pretty simple- just let power flow from your core into your hands."

Edited by Ookla the Reserved