The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

4 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Fadran's voice drifts on the winds and in a single smooth motion I turn. My steps are filled with a spirit of urgency and in moments I am back where I started. "What is it Fadran?" My voice remains calm despite the urgent energy within.

“You guys are throwing together a force of magical soldiers, right?”

7 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"Magical? Other than myself, Vale, and Chrysler it would seem that our group of warders and fox dealers possesses no magic users."

“I’m pretty sure that Chrysler’s magic can be learned and taught—which is why you’re collecting artistic soldiers.”

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

“I’m pretty sure that Chrysler’s magic can be learned and taught—which is why you’re collecting artistic soldiers.”

"It is possible. If so then this will be something for us to take advantage of. Once the wards are set up I will have Chrysler return and teach others if she is willing."

13 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"It is possible. If so then this will be something for us to take advantage of. Once the wards are set up I will have Chrysler return and teach others if she is willing."

“Yeah, I was just thinking...” Fadran gestured to the landscape. “Our position isn’t very advantageous. We’re situated in a valley, and Wyrn probably has guards all over the mountains. We can’t move our armies outside a five-mile circle of land without getting buried under a rain of arrows. If we could take some mountains, though, we could start spreading our forces and pressing advantages. The problem, though, is that we can’t take a mountain by a regular military force. With a team with powers like Chrysler’s, though...”

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

"If one can be spared it would be appreciated. We would require these as quickly as they can be mustered."

@00kla

"Yes sir. I'll send you Platoon 54 and their lieutenant."

2 hours ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

Why were there so many mountain ranges that they didn’t control? There were basically no places through which they could move their troops. They’d have to take a region if they ever wanted to possibly flank the castle... but that would be costly, and they didn’t have the resources to launch a full-scale invasion on a mountain.

Unless...

Fadran poked his head out the tent flap. “Nath? Chrysler? Kailer? Can you come in here real quick?”

@Nathrangking @00kla@Ookla the Grammatical

"Sir?" Kailer walks into the tent.

Just now, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Yes sir. I'll send you Platoon 54 and their lieutenant."

"Sir?" Kailer walks into the tent.

He just said all this:

31 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

“Yeah, I was just thinking...” Fadran gestured to the landscape. “Our position isn’t very advantageous. We’re situated in a valley, and Wyrn probably has guards all over the mountains. We can’t move our armies outside a five-mile circle of land without getting buried under a rain of arrows. If we could take some mountains, though, we could start spreading our forces and pressing advantages. The problem, though, is that we can’t take a mountain by a regular military force. With a team with powers like Chrysler’s, though...”

17 hours ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

Why were there so many mountain ranges that they didn’t control? There were basically no places through which they could move their troops. They’d have to take a region if they ever wanted to possibly flank the castle... but that would be costly, and they didn’t have the resources to launch a full-scale invasion on a mountain.

Unless...

Fadran poked his head out the tent flap. “Nath? Chrysler? Kailer? Can you come in here real quick?”

@Nathrangking @00kla@Ookla the Grammatical

16 hours ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

15 hours ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

Chrysler and Vale walk in.

"I could certainly teach some basics, but I definitely don't have enough dust to power up a whole squadron. And it would take me weeks to make that much and enough to set up a ward around the castle. I was going to tell you guys it was going to take a day or so to get enough dust for a full ward anyway."

1 minute ago, 00kla said:

"I could certainly teach some basics, but I definitely don't have enough dust to power up a whole squadron. And it would take me weeks to make that much and enough to set up a ward around the castle. I was going to tell you guys it was going to take a day or so to get enough dust for a full ward anyway."

"What kind of dust do you need?"

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"What kind of dust do you need?"

"I usually use chalk, but it takes a ritual to give it magical power." she cocks her head as if listening to something. "Um, I've got a sense of deja vu, like there's another time and place where you guys might be able to figure it out. Anyway, I could use rock dust or even sawdust too."

9 minutes ago, 00kla said:

"We don't have the time then for a full ward. They are likely going to try and leave as soon as they can. The fox seems to be tearing through this land. it seems unlikely that they will wait to take it on. Can you instead of holding them back completely perhaps put stumbling blocks in their way? Could you make it so that attempts to leave by magical means would require them to expend greater power? If they try by physical means could you do the same thing. Forcing them to weaken themselves is the next best thing to setting up a full ward."

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"We don't have the time then for a full ward. They are likely going to try and leave as soon as they can. The fox seems to be tearing through this land. it seems unlikely that they will wait to take it on. Can you instead of holding them back completely perhaps put stumbling blocks in their way? Could you make it so that attempts to leave by magical means would require them to expend greater power? If they try by physical means could you do the same thing. Forcing them to weaken themselves is the next best thing to setting up a full ward."

"I can do that. I'll be out of commission for a day or so afterward. It's going to take pretty much all my reserves to do that. I can get that done in... a couple of hours if your soldiers are quick learners."

14 minutes ago, 00kla said:

"I usually use chalk, but it takes a ritual to give it magical power." she cocks her head as if listening to something. "Um, I've got a sense of deja vu, like there's another time and place where you guys might be able to figure it out. Anyway, I could use rock dust or even sawdust too."

"There's a place where I could get you tons of that stuff."

Just now, 00kla said:

"I can do that. I'll be out of commission for a day or so afterward. It's going to take pretty much all my reserves to do that. I can get that done in... a couple of hours if your soldiers are quick learners."

"This I think will be the best solution that we can hope for at the moment." I turn to Kailer. "We have little time to waste. If you could call the platoon and their officer we can begin."

@Ookla the Grammatical

17 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"Great... though we'd have to make it quick. Volcanic gasses are not good for your health."

Vale nods. "I'll come with you. Chrysler, you get started on those wards"

"Right. All right, where are my soldiers?" @Ookla the Grammatical

13 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Herate paused. "Wait, no. I want to know what you think I should do and then I'll decide."

Psyder hand stopped inches from the entry point of the withergeist.

"Very well," he said neutrally. "For projection... shadow acid. A substance that annihilates normal matter, and causes pain to living matter. Dyrlings are varied, but pain is universal. 
For construction, armored plating is your best bet. Your frail form will not be able to withstand many attacks without assistance.
For jurisdiction, telekinesis. One of the most versatile offensive options, and useful for enemies that are hard to get close to.
For perception, you may as well choose darkvision- it will help you better work with other Myrkaal.
And finally, for augmentation..."
He slid the blade across his skin once more.
"I'm sure you can see the benefits of regeneration."