The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

8 minutes ago, 00kla said:

"Great" Chrysler pulls out some rune dust from her pack and drops it into Andante's hand. "This is the first shield spell I learned. I still use it all the time, so this will always be useful for you. We're going to give it a few tries and then I want you to try and Call the rune, ok?"

"Will do. So you'll do it and then I'll do it."

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

"It is fairly simple," said Psyder, his shadow deepening. "Simply let it inside."

With that, he slammed the withergeist into her navel.

She gasped, the withergeist entering easily. A bolt of intense pain shot through her and she clutched her torso. Her vision blacked and she was aware of nothing but the pain, all-consuming agony. When her vision cleared and she could control herself, she blinked and laughed slightly at the rush of pure adrenaline running through her. She found it hard to be mad at Psyder, she'd done something akin to what he'd done once. It hadn't been an easy decision, but it was a smart one. "That... was unexpected," Herate said. "It doesn't feel like it did anything, though."

Daolan stood, furious and worried as Herate seemed to experience great pain. It was over in a split second, he assured himself. Make sure she's okay, then react. It seemed like Herate had been in agony, yet somehow she wasn't as furious as he was?

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

She gasped, the withergeist entering easily. A bolt of intense pain shot through her and she clutched her torso. Her vision blacked and she was aware of nothing but the pain, all-consuming agony. When her vision cleared and she could control herself, she blinked and laughed slightly at the rush of pure adrenaline running through her. She found it hard to be mad at Psyder, she'd done something akin to what he'd done once. It hadn't been an easy decision, but it was a smart one. "That... was unexpected," Herate said. "It doesn't feel like it did anything, though."

"Look inside your soul," replied Psyder. "And listen."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Will do. So you'll do it and then I'll do it."

Chrysler nods and starts tracing a simple rune in the air, leaving behind a trail of dust as she does so. While it doesn't seem magical yet, it does hang in the air much longer than it should otherwise. When she finishes, the rune flashes blue and hangs in front of her, the dust fitting itself into the pattern quickly, like a magnet with iron filings.

1 hour ago, 00kla said:

"Fortunate we don't just have to use mortal armies, then. Is there a way we can isolate it away from civilians and our soldiers?"

57 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"What do we do about it?"

"We will need guile and power on our side. Alas we don't know where the beast is now. Wyrn and his thugs do. We will need them if we want to find it easily. If we want to defeat it we need to plan."

I sigh. "I know that is why I asked Daolan if he honestly thought that they were battle ready."

Edited by Nathrangking

45 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"We will need guile and power on our side. Alas we don't know where the beast is now. Wyrn and his thugs do. We will need them if we want to find it easily. If we want to defeat it we need to plan."

"That brings up another point. What are we doing about Wyrn? I know Herate promised she'd work with him. But we surely can't let that situation stand for too long."

1 hour ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

"Look inside your soul," replied Psyder. "And listen."

Herate closed her eyes and tried to find... something. She didn't know what, but she knew she'd know it when she 'saw' it. She searched farther, pushing aside things it certainly wasn't. And then she found it. Destruction, complete demolition. There wasn't even enough left for fire to ravage. She shivered, pulling her consciousness away from it. "What - what was that?"

1 hour ago, 00kla said:

Chrysler nods and starts tracing a simple rune in the air, leaving behind a trail of dust as she does so. While it doesn't seem magical yet, it does hang in the air much longer than it should otherwise. When she finishes, the rune flashes blue and hangs in front of her, the dust fitting itself into the pattern quickly, like a magnet with iron filings.

"Do you want me to do it too?"

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

I sigh. "I know that is why I asked Daolan if he honestly thought that they were battle ready."

"They aren't... but I think they can be."

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Andante grabbed some dust and wrote the same rune in the air. Her lines weren't as neat as Chrysler's, but it was a passable imitation.

The rune doesn't flash quite as bright, but it still has the same effect.

"Good job." Chrysler throws a punch at Andante, but is stopped by an invisible shield along the same plane as the floating symbol. Andante feels a small force against her, both mentally and physically, as if a much smaller person is trying to hit her with a pillow.

"Looks like it works." Chrysler dismisses her rune by waving a hand through it, which disturbs the dust and sends it scattering down to the ground. "Can you do it from memory?"

Just now, 00kla said:

The rune doesn't flash quite as bright, but it still has the same effect.

"Good job." Chrysler throws a punch at Andante, but is stopped by an invisible shield along the same plane as the floating symbol. Andante feels a small force against her, both mentally and physically, as if a much smaller person is trying to hit her with a pillow.

"Looks like it works." Chrysler dismisses her rune by waving a hand through it, which disturbs the dust and sends it scattering down to the ground. "Can you do it from memory?"

"Um... maybe? Let's see..." Andante turns away from the rune she drew and draws another opposite of it. "I think I forgot a couple of lines."

12 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Um... maybe? Let's see..." Andante turns away from the rune she drew and draws another opposite of it. "I think I forgot a couple of lines."

The dust falls to the ground after a few moments. Chrysler says "Come" and it flies up into her hand. She pours it into Andante's hand. "Try again. You forgot this line. You have to memorize them to Call effectively."

9 minutes ago, 00kla said:

The dust falls to the ground after a few moments. Chrysler says "Come" and it flies up into her hand. She pours it into Andante's hand. "Try again. You forgot this line. You have to memorize them to Call effectively."

"Okay." Andante repeats the rune, this time adding the line that she forgot.

"Great. Now, hold your dust, and I want to picture the rune in your mind, every line in sharp detail, then say "Defend". 

She should get some kind of response but probably won't be able to form the spell on her first try. It's a mix of proper will, visualization, and Connection

1 minute ago, 00kla said:

"Great. Now, hold your dust, and I want to picture the rune in your mind, every line in sharp detail, then say "Defend". 

Andante closed her eyes tightly and visualised it. "Defend," she said quietly. A fizzle of blue sparks popped in front of her, and she cracked an eye open. "Did it work?"

1 hour ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Herate closed her eyes and tried to find... something. She didn't know what, but she knew she'd know it when she 'saw' it. She searched farther, pushing aside things it certainly wasn't. And then she found it. Destruction, complete demolition. There wasn't even enough left for fire to ravage. She shivered, pulling her consciousness away from it. "What - what was that?"

"That is the withergeist," said Psyder. "Now affixed to your soul."

Just now, Ookla the Reserved said:

Psyder raised an eyebrow. "I certainly wouldn't recommend trying to remove it," he said lightly. "You could wind up worse than dead. But that shouldn't be necessary."

I believe Rien was invited inside the command tent, if you want to reply to that.

"There's not much that's worse than dead, but I'll take your word for it. Will my father be expecting a report?"