The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

1 minute ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"We have - or had - four companies, sir. There should be a record of the established hierarchy in the command tent."

"Thanks, sir... again, I'm sorry I had to put you in this position." Fadran looked around the camp; it was so small. "You had four companies?"

Ah, okay. I'll just pretend Fadran said Major General and call it a day.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"Thanks, sir... again, I'm sorry I had to put you in this position." Fadran looked around the camp; it was so small. "You had four companies?"

Just checked, and apparently we don't know any last names(if they have any) from Elantris to give me examples, so we're going first name basis only.

"Yes, sir. We took down a lot of the tents after most of the others decided to attack Wyrn's castle without General Daolan."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Yes, sir. We took down a lot of the tents after most of the others decided to attack Wyrn's castle without General Daolan."

"I see. Well... to win a war, you need an army. But to get an army, you need some leaders." Fadran cleared his throat. "I'm going to need some volunteers to help lead the army... at least until we can get some more experienced leaders."

"It's nice to meet you, Mister Vale. We met and then all went to go rescue someone's lab from a monster, but this kid was controlling the monsters so we came here to get help. What's been going on here?"

"As far as I can tell, just one disaster after another. Herate wanted us to help her with a revolution here, but now apparently she's given herself up. If we're still planning a revolution, this is as bad as that time on Syderon."

Chrysler shoots him a look. "We won on Syderon"

"We had Deren on Syderon"

"Am I not as good as Deren?"

"He's got a unique talent. And that's not the point"

1 minute ago, 00kla said:

"As far as I can tell, just one disaster after another. Herate wanted us to help her with a revolution here, but now apparently she's given herself up. If we're still planning a revolution, this is as bad as that time on Syderon."

"Oh, her? She didn't seem like the type to just willingly give herself up without a good way out, but I guess looks can be deceiving." Andante looked around. "This isn't as many people as I'd imagined."

"Thank you, sir. And if I could be excused, I can find another captain, some lieutenants, and some sergeants."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"Well... Nath, you've had more experience than the rest of us combined. And Martin, you're from the military?"

@Nathrangking @Ookla the Naxdin

"You could say that.  I've never been in a command position officially, though there have been times I've had to take over on the battlefield."  He feels his jaw clench slightly.  The foxhole.  The rifle.  The all consuming exhaustion and terror and one last shot.  "I am fairly good at adapting, though."

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Thank you, sir. And if I could be excused, I can find another captain, some lieutenants, and some sergeants."

"Please do."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Naxdin said:

"You could say that.  I've never been in a command position officially, though there have been times I've had to take over on the battlefield."  He feels his jaw clench slightly.  The foxhole.  The rifle.  The all consuming exhaustion and terror and one last shot.  "I am fairly good at adapting, though."

"At your discretion, Martin. Your choice."

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"Well... Nath, you've had more experience than the rest of us combined. And Martin, you're from the military?"

@Nathrangking @Ookla the Naxdin

Inwardly I sigh.  I step forward. "I have fought in many battles. Before he was taken Daolan and I had arranged to figure out a way to train this army to withstand the enemy. I have a feeling that it will be no easy task."

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Inwardly I sigh.  I step forward. "I have fought in many battles. Before he was taken Daolan and I had arranged to figure out a way to train this army to withstand the enemy. I have a feeling that it will be no easy task."

"I'm sure these boys are up to it." Fadran raised his voice for the army to hear. "You guys are up to it, right? Herate didn't hand off an incompetent army, did she?"

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"Please do."

"At your discretion, Martin. Your choice."

Martin breathes.  "I don't know."  The words are far harder to get out then they should be.  He's supposed to know how to deal with this sort of thing.  "I'm an okay strategist," he offers.  He's never going to get free of the YTP.  They really did take his mind.  He can't tell these people, never.  They cannot know about those years.  "This is very different from wars where I'm from," he settles on.  "So I need to know more."

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Naxdin said:

Martin breathes.  "I don't know."  The words are far harder to get out then they should be.  He's supposed to know how to deal with this sort of thing.  "I'm an okay strategist," he offers.  He's never going to get free of the YTP.  They really did take his mind.  He can't tell these people, never.  They cannot know about those years.  "This is very different from wars where I'm from," he settles on.  "So I need to know more."

"We'll do our best to get you up to speed... only if you're willing, of course."

@Ookla the Grammatical

Edited by Ookla the Channelknight

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

Fadran nodded. "Nath, Martin, meet me in the command tent at noon."

@Nathrangking

"Yes sir."  The familiar term slips out before he can stop it, but it does't feel as strained as it used to.

Please tag me when 'noon' is, I'll have school in a few minutes.

Just now, Ookla the Channelknight said:

Fadran nodded. "Nath, Martin, meet me in the command tent at noon."

@Nathrangking

I command the winds to transmit my words to his ears alone. "We must discuss what happened in that tower. If what they said is true then we will have to be ready. Let us retire to the command tent immediately." The air again allows words to flow freely.

Just now, Ookla the Naxdin said:

Please tag me when 'noon' is, I'll have school in a few minutes.

Will do

Just now, Nathrangking said:

I command the winds to transmit my words to his ears alone. "We must discuss what happened in that tower. If what they said is true then we will have to be ready. Let us retire to the command tent immediately." The air again allows words to flow freely.

"Right, then."

Just now, Nathrangking said:

Trying not to betray any more of the maelstrom that blows within I walk through the camp and enter the command tent.

Fadran walks in. "Daolan was bonded to a withergeist? I remember fighting a bunch of unbonded ones, and those were easy enough, but wasn't there a guy at some point who was bonded to one? The son of the Fallen King or something like that?"

18 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"I'm sure these boys are up to it." Fadran raised his voice for the army to hear. "You guys are up to it, right? Herate didn't hand off an incompetent army, did she?"

In answer, he receives a resounding "No sir!"

17 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"We'll do our best to get you up to speed... only if you're willing, of course."

@Ookla the Grammatical

Kailer jogged back with 14 men in tow. When he didn't see the new general, he took them instead to the command tent.

Mist, you going to post anything for T/Ember? Hiiri's out there helping T.

In answer, he receives a resounding "No sir!"

Kailer jogged back with 14 men in tow. When he didn't see the new general, he took them instead to the command tent.

I'm going to do both these storylines at the same time and pretend they happened separately.

"She raised a good army, with good men! Good men who are capable of doing things, no matter how difficult."

Just now, Ookla the Channelknight said:

Fadran walks in. "Daolan was bonded to a withergeist? I remember fighting a bunch of unbonded ones, and those were easy enough, but wasn't there a guy at some point who was bonded to one? The son of the Fallen King or something like that?"

I turn to Fadran. "Perhaps. I recall our encounters with those creatures. Those foxes that they claim are loose on this world could pose an even greater threat than some withergeists."