The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"With the promise of Daolan and my soldiers freed safely. And my friends here would have to be allowed to leave."

Psyder laughed coldly. "You really think you're in a position to make demands?" he replied. A slight chuckle. "You remind me of your father...."

I would be honored.

Edited by Ookla the Reserved

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Aren't I? And believe me, you remind me of my father more than anyone should have a right to."

"I wonder what Sir Resistance General thinks of that," said Psyder softly. "Do you think he will remember you fondly as he passes?"

Edited by Ookla the Reserved

Just now, Ookla the Reserved said:

"I wonder what Sir Resistance General thinks of that," said Psyder softly. "I wonder if he will remember you fondly as he passes?"

Herate bit her lip and acquiesced. "You don't have to return all of my soldiers, just... half, say. Then safe passage for Daolan and my friends."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Herate bit her lip and acquiesced. "You don't have to return all of my soldiers, just... half, say. Then safe passage for Daolan and my friends."

"Dawn is just a few minutes away," said Psyder neutrally. "There ought to be enough of his soul left for a decent snack, don't you think?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

Psyder laughed coldly. "You really think you're in a position to make demands?" he replied. A slight chuckle. "You remind me of your father...."

"She makes demands. I would instead ask that you see reason. My offer will make you the most powerful man in this kingdom. Forget her demands and pay attention to this." I toss the sword so that it lands at his feet. 

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"She makes demands. I would instead ask that you see reason. My offer will make you the most powerful man in this kingdom. Forget her demands and pay attention to this." I toss the sword so that it lands at his feet. 

Xanthos chuckled. "Not a high bar," he hacked.

"Dawn is just a few minutes away," said Psyder neutrally. "There ought to be enough of his soul left for a decent snack, don't you think?"

"What more can I offer? I could, instead, reduce the number of soldiers you must release," Herate mused, "but I'd like to save as many as possible."

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

Xanthos chuckled. "Not a high bar," he hacked.

"Indeed. I would imagine not. Though only a fool would turn down an offer which would give them precisely what they want. You want to protect this world? The death of one will not accomplish that. However, this blade will make you a true force to be reckoned with." The slightest hint of emotion infuses my words.

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"There must be something you want from him, otherwise you wouldn't be here. If he was indebted to you, it would make it that much easier to get what you want."

"He is already indebted to us," sneered Psyder. "Besides, I doubt he would care about the death of one soldier."

7 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"Indeed. I would imagine not. Though only a fool would turn down an offer which would give them precisely what they want. You want to protect this world? The death of one will not accomplish that. However, this blade will make you a true force to be reckoned with." The slightest hint of emotion infuses my words.

Xanthos hacked again. "What use is a blade of false pride?" he said mockingly.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

"He is already indebted to us," sneered Psyder. "Besides, I doubt he would care about the death of one soldier."

"Maybe, if that 'one soldier' was the general of the resistance. Letting Daolan and my friends go in exchange for my allegiance is the best deal you're going to get. Just take it."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Maybe, if that 'one soldier' was the general of the resistance. Letting Daolan and my friends go in exchange for my allegiance is the best deal you're going to get. Just take it."

"One minute till dawn," remarked Pysder. "I think Wyrn would rather see him dead than free and fighting back, don't you?" He shrugged. "I'll even let your friends go," he added. "That's the best offer you're going to get."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

"One minute till dawn," remarked Pysder. "I think Wyrn would rather see him dead than free and fighting back, don't you?" He shrugged. "I'll even let your friends go," he added. "That's the best offer you're going to get."

"To get this right, you're offering to let Daolan live and let my friends go in exchange for my allegiance?"

"Yes," said Psyder. "And your promise you will do whatever is needed to help us fight the invaders."

"Whatever is needed? Sounds ominous, but..." Herate took a deep breath. "Okay."

Andante still stood behind everyone else, somewhat shocked at what had just happened. "So wait, what just happened?"

21 minutes ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

Xanthos hacked again. "What use is a blade of false pride?" he said mockingly.

I turn to Xanthos and I let out a chuckle. Mirth fills my eyes. "Blade of false pride. I can see how zealots might believe it." All of the mirth melts away in an instant. "False pride will be your undoing." I call to myself the warmth that surrounds my two antagonists. In an instant the stones beneath their feet freeze and shatter in an explosion of stone. "That was no more than a taste of what I could do. You wish our help you may have it. However, crossing us would be a mistake." 

Edited by Nathrangking

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Whatever is needed? Sounds ominous, but..." Herate took a deep breath. "Okay."

Andante still stood behind everyone else, somewhat shocked at what had just happened. "So wait, what just happened?"

Psyder's grinned deepened. He snapped again, and Xanthos allowed Daolan's heart to beat once more.

3 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I turn to Xanthos and I let out a chuckle. Mirth fills my eyes. "Blade of false pride. I can see how zealots might believe it." All of the mirth melts away in an instant. "False pride will be your undoing." I call to myself the warmth that surrounds my two antagonists. In an instant the stones beneath their feet freeze and shatter in an explosion of stone. "That was no more than a taste of what I could do. You wish our help you may have it. However, crossing us would be a mistake." 

Xanthos giggled. "Ah, but we are not the ones who failed, are we?" He licked his lips. "Silver foxes of fire have to come from somewhere, yes?"