The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

"I vote for a quick and quiet infiltration. One must be cautious when a battle is being fought on the enemies terms."

37 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Vapor looks down at Rish. "I stopped it!" she calls excitedly.

Rish looks up silently. There is nothing in her eyes. Neither pleasure nor disappointment. The cup remains empty.

Just now, Condensation said:

"... Slap you?"

"Yes, as hard as possible, please."  Oh.  Right, they don't know what locks are.  "Locks have a trigger.  This one - "

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran doesn't hesitate. He slaps Martin in the face.

Martin cuts off as Fadran's hand collides with his cheek.  It hurts.  Quite a bit.  And then, a familiar numbness settles over a corner of his mind.  "Thank you," he says.  His voice is different, smoother.  Blanker.  The rapier is free, then.  "What do you need me to do?"

2 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"Yes, as hard as possible, please."  Oh.  Right, they don't know what locks are.  "Locks have a trigger.  This one - "

Martin cuts off as Fadran's hand collides with his cheek.  It hurts.  Quite a bit.  And then, a familiar numbness settles over a corner of his mind.  "Thank you," he says.  His voice is different, smoother.  Blanker.  The rapier is free, then.  "What do you need me to do?"

Haiire pried off the stamp so Herate could see this, she'd want to know. Herate looked closely at Martin, looking for any difference in how he looks. She can't see any, so she nods. An inferior version of Essence Marks, then. Except it is kept in your mind, which could be an advantage. "We're infiltrating an evil king's castle to rescue a prisoner in one of two tower cells."

3 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Haiire pried off the stamp so Herate could see this, she'd want to know. Herate looked closely at Martin, looking for any difference in how he looks. She can't see any, so she nods. An inferior version of Essence Marks, then. Except it is kept in your mind, which could be an advantage. "We're infiltrating an evil king's castle to rescue a prisoner in one of two tower cells."

"I see.  Would you like me to scout ahead of the group?"  Martin lets the rapier's voice overtake his own, letting himself sink a bit.  It will be a while before he can come back, so he might as well rest.

I've got to go, be back in about fifty minutes.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"And we're going now. Like... right now. Let's go." Fadran starts heading for the castle.

Herate follows close behind, stamping herself with a different Essence Mark. Hareon grins coldly. "There's no need for you to scout ahead. I can do it."

Andante leaves behind the camera, but takes the picture and the book. She tucks both of these in her pocket.

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Herate follows close behind, stamping herself with a different Essence Mark. Hareon grins coldly. "There's no need for you to scout ahead. I can do it."

Andante leaves behind the camera, but takes the picture and the book. She tucks both of these in her pocket.

"I'm not sure if I like this new person or hate them." Fadran looked at Hareon. "Hey, you. Scary person. We're not scouting; we're just winging it."

8 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Rish looks up silently. There is nothing in her eyes. Neither pleasure nor disappointment. The cup remains empty.

Vapor stares at the frozen water in front of her and frowns. She reaches into her mind and tries to create heat with her power. A ball of flame shoots up in front of her and she prepares to fill the cup.

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I'm not sure if I like this new person or hate them." Fadran looked at Hareon. "Hey, you. Scary person. We're not scouting; we're just winging it."

"You can call me Hareon, you've met me before. I suppose that's okay, since Herate would be okay with it. Usually I wouldn't be fine with it."

10 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Nope, I don't even think Herate would have an idea. Wyrn didn't keep any regular prisoners and he doesn't have any particular preference."

"In that case... Ayia, shoot up to one of them and scout it out? I know I said we were winging this, but now that we have the accessibility of a Linecaster..."

"No problem, honey."

"Don't call me honey."

"No problem, Fadran. Be back in a jiffy." Ayia sent her line into the sky, hopping aboard and skating along it towards one of the towers.

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"In that case... Ayia, shoot up to one of them and scout it out? I know I said we were winging this, but now that we have the accessibility of a Linecaster..."

"No problem, honey."

"Don't call me honey."

"No problem, Fadran. Be back in a jiffy." Ayia sent her line into the sky, hopping aboard and skating along it towards one of the towers.

"I thought you said we weren't scouting?" Hareon inquired innocently.

21 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Vapor stares at the frozen water in front of her and frowns. She reaches into her mind and tries to create heat with her power. A ball of flame shoots up in front of her and she prepares to fill the cup.

Rish watches and waits.

I follow behind and bend light around us. The creature rises again. It scratches on the door demanding release. I go cold as I fight to keep it contained.

18 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Whatever you say. Obviously you're the boss here." Hareon raised an eyebrow, indicating what she thought of that.

"I'm... just a person who tries to get things done." Fadran nodded. "That's really what a leader is for."

I'm going to be stealing this line ^^^ for my book sometime.

9 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"And it makes it so much nicer to get things done when everyone obeys you unquestioningly. Or close to it, at least."

"That's making assumptions. My 'orders' are never final, if you could even call them that. I make suggestions, and people follow them. It's a system based on trust, not subjugation."

Ayia returned, hopping off her Line, expression more serious than it was usually. "I didn't see him in either, but the lighting wasn't great. In other words, we're going to have to wing it."

1 hour ago, Vapor said:

The water melts out and she fills the cup. "I got it!" she cries happily and slowly lets herself down.

No emotion appears on Rish's face, but within a spark bursts alight. Rish takes a step forward and the cup in Vapor's hands explodes in a burst of power. "Such power and promise. Yet you were too foolish to follow even simple instructions. How will you ever learn." The waters melt, rear up as a lion and slam into Vapor. "If you will not learn the easy way you will learn the hard way."

"We are hidden for now. I have bent the light of day around us. None will see us."

@Condensation @Channelknight Fadran