The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran begins opening the door, then, when Nath catches up, asks, "so you're, like, Fox's dad now?"

I look around cautiously. With a thought I command the winds to capture our words. "She does not have a father or any other family in the world. I have never had a daughter nor do I have family. Our bond became such that unofficially adopting her seemed the right choice."

11 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I look around cautiously. With a thought I command the winds to capture our words. "She does not have a father or any other family in the world. I have never had a daughter nor do I have family. Our bond became such that unofficially adopting her seemed the right choice."

"If you're her dad, then can I be her ecstatic uncle? The one who cracks dumb jokes at family gatherings and has really strong opinions about politics?"

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"If you're her dad, then can I be her ecstatic uncle? The one who cracks dumb jokes at family gatherings and has really strong opinions about politics?"

Despite the seriousness of the situation I chuckle. "If we survive this. We can bring up this issue with Fox. The next question would be if you are from my side or the other."

On 11/24/2020 at 4:51 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

When Fadran crested the wall, he said, “if someone’s unworthy of your trust, then don’t trust them.”

"Sure. And how am I supposed to know that? I'll trust Herate's judgement... for now. Hopefully I'll get enough time to form my own opinions. Now, move it!"

Andante follows wordlessly, obviously frightened but determined to continue.

41 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I quirk an eyebrow. "If you insist. "

"Nice."

18 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Sure. And how am I supposed to know that? I'll trust Herate's judgement... for now. Hopefully I'll get enough time to form my own opinions. Now, move it!"

Andante follows wordlessly, obviously frightened but determined to continue.

"Got it!" Fadran finally finished picking the lock, pushing open the door to the tower.

12 hours ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"Nice."

"Got it!" Fadran finally finished picking the lock, pushing open the door to the tower.

12 hours ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

Fadran starts running up the staircase, wasting no time.

Ayia, on the other hand, casts a Line, grabs Andante, and begins skating it with him.

I shake my head in disappointment. With care I ascend. Everything becomes sharper. Scents stab at my nostrils while every sound is increased a thousand fold. My eyes take in everything and forget nothing. The air within the staircase seems to buzz with unfettered energies. My hold slips and I see so many things that had long since rested. A field strewn with legions whom I alone had shattered. Their blood covers me in scarlet and is an ocean that drowns the earth. Cities aflame their walls rubble beneath my feet. Armadas obliterated and being tossed in a stormy sea. Crimson blades hacking away at the shields of countless infernal lords who plead for mercy. They vanish and I am frozen in the middle of the stairwell.

Edited by Nathrangking

9 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Wind had almost zoned out again but then he felt it, something was blocking him from seeing the world, something nearby. Wind’s mind clouded as he tried to focus on the spot and then he completely blacked out and couldn’t see anything. Wind’s body appeared where his presence had been most focused and fell from the air onto the wall breaking both legs and then laying there motionless.

Edited by Wind

11 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I shake my head in disappointment. With care I ascend. Everything becomes sharper. Scents stab at my nostrils while every sound is increased a thousand fold. My eyes take in everything and forget nothing. The air within the staircase seems to buzz with unfettered energies. My hold slips and I see so many things that had long since rested. A field strewn with legions whom I alone had shattered. Their blood covers me in scarlet and is an ocean that drowns the earth. Cities aflame their walls rubble beneath my feet. Armadas obliterated and being tossed in a stormy sea. Crimson blades hacking away at the shields of countless infernal lords who plead for mercy. They vanish and I am frozen in the middle of the stairwell .

Fadan stops, letting the others pass. "Nath?"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

Fadan stops, letting the others pass. "Nath?"

I look up at Fadran, the slightest hint of blood lust combined with my terror shine from within. Wearily, I lean against the right stairwell wall. I smile grimly. "I wish I could lie to Fadran and say that everything is fine. You deserve better though. I was a warrior once. Fadran. Mighty and terrible. As a god I was a force of not just nature, but also destruction. That part of my nature has been locked away for a long time and it wants out."

Chrysler and Vale walk into the camp, still bickering.

"Well, it's better than that one time in Teringwen."

"That time doesn't count"

"At least I told you that I got an assignment"

"If I told you every time I had to go somewhere you'd run out of data in your file."

"How about just the dangerous ones?"

"Do you have any idea how little that narrows it down?"

"By the gods, Vale, you're impossible."

"Shush, we're here. Is anyone else still here? It looks rather deserted."

11 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I look up at Fadran, the slightest hint of blood lust combined with my terror shine from within. Wearily, I lean against the right stairwell wall. I smile grimly. "I wish I could lie to Fadran and say that everything is fine. You deserve better though. I was a warrior once. Fadran. Mighty and terrible. As a god I was a force of not just nature, but also destruction. That part of my nature has been locked away for a long time and it wants out."

"I... I see." He pats Nath on the shoulder. "Just be careful, bud."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"I... I see." He pats Nath on the shoulder. "Just be careful, bud."

"We must all take care Fadran. This side of my nature is a dangerous thing, but not more so than that which we face. Don't take too many more risks than you must Fadran. In this short time the Fellowship has become like my family. I would not have something to any you because care was not taken."

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

"We must all take care Fadran. This side of my nature is a dangerous thing, but not more so than that which we face. Don't take too many more risks than you must Fadran. In this short time the Fellowship has become like my family. I would not have something to any you because care was not taken."

"You know me, Nath," Fadran said, stubbing his toe on a stair and almost falling down the tower. "I'm always careful."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"You know me, Nath," Fadran said, stubbing his toe on a stair and almost falling down the tower. "I'm always careful."

"You joke Fadran. I most certainly do not. You ran in here without taking care that an enemy could have been waiting for you." I push off of the wall. "We are brothers born of fires Fadran. We protect each other. Never become disillusioned."

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

"You joke Fadran. I most certainly do not. You ran in here without taking care that an enemy could have been waiting for you." I push off of the wall. "We are brothers born of fires Fadran. We protect each other. Never become disillusioned."

"Yeah, I know, Nath." He rubbed his toe. "I promise I won't die before we can get Fox to confirm me as her crazy uncle."