The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

1 hour ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

One of the soldiers stepped forward. "Begging your pardon, sir, but most of the high-ranking soldiers went against Daolan's orders and are now in Wyrn's possession. I'm one of the highest that's left, and I've only ever led a company."

"Soldier, do you think that it's better to slowly peel off a bandage, or rip it off in one fell swoop?"

Just now, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Rip it off, sir. It might hurt more, but it won't hurt as long."

"Right, then. I won't hesitate." Fadran cleared his throat. "Wyrn has several unique individuals on his side; one of which had the ultimate choice of life or death over you general Daolan. To spare his life, Herate has given herself to Wyrn." He looked around. "She left me in charge, unfortunately."

Just now, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"Right, then. I won't hesitate." Fadran cleared his throat. "Wyrn has several unique individuals on his side; one of which had the ultimate choice of life or death over you general Daolan. To spare his life, Herate has given herself to Wyrn." He looked around. "She left me in charge, unfortunately."

"The Council help us all" Vale mutters. Chrysler just looks dumbstruck.

Just now, Ookla the Channelknight said:

The soldiers had mixed reactions to this, varied between utter despondency and standing up taller. The soldier who had spoken before squared his shoulders. "I - We would be honored to serve under you, sir."

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

The soldiers had mixed reactions to this, varied between utter despondency and standing up taller. The soldier who had spoken before squared his shoulders. "I - We would be honored to serve under you, sir."

"Thank you. I'm afraid you're getting yourself a promotion, sir."

9 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Herate gasped and drew back slightly at the sight, then examined it closer. "What does it do?"

"It gives power," said Psyder. He extended his hand. "A concept with which you seem quite familiar with, given your reported tendency to collect magics."

10 hours ago, 00kla said:

"Andante! Glad you're all right!" Chrysler calls.

"This your newest protégé?"

"In a matter of speaking. We didn't get to do much protégé-ing"

"Oh, hey Chrysler! Who's this?" Andante smiled at the unfamiliar person.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

"It gives power," said Psyder. He extended his hand. "A concept with which you seem quite familiar with, given your reported tendency to collect magics."

"I don't collect magics. I just like to know how things work in places different from Sel. And... you said you bond it? Interesting."

21 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Oh, hey Chrysler! Who's this?" Andante smiled at the unfamiliar person.

"This is Stephen Vale. He's grumpy but he's also kind of like my manager so he gets a pass."

Vale snorts but cracks a smile.

"So, kid. What were you all up to without me?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Captain Kailer, sir, of Third Company."

"Well, now you're Marshal Kailer, of... uh, how many Companies do you guys have? Maybe I should've familiarized myself with how this army's organized before I took the reigns..."

I'm just gonna drop a basic military hierarchy:

Spoiler

(Lowest)

Footsoldier

Lieutenant

Captain

Knight

Commander

Marshal

General

(Highest)

3 minutes ago, 00kla said:

"This is Stephen Vale. He's grumpy but he's also kind of like my manager so he gets a pass."

Vale snorts but cracks a smile.

"So, kid. What were you all up to without me?"

"It's nice to meet you, Mister Vale. We met and then all went to go rescue someone's lab from a monster, but this kid was controlling the monsters so we came here to get help. What's been going on here?"

Thanks.

Here's mine: Army - General(s)
Corps - Lieutenant General, 5-6 divisions
Division - Major General, 3-4 brigades
Brigade - Colonel, 3-4 companies
Company - Captain, 3-5 platoons
Platoon - Lieutenant, 2-4 squads
Squad - Sergeant, 9-10 soldiers

"We have - or had - four companies, sir. There should be a record of the established hierarchy in the command tent."