Quick Fix 45: To Set an Example

7 minutes ago, Gears said:

@Ashbringer, @Vapor, @Shard of Reading, @Mist, @The_Truthwatcher, @MysticLotus, @The Young Pyromancer, @Experience, @Fifth Scholar, @Devotary of Spontaneity, @Lahilt, @Sparkrunner, you have not voted. The current plan is to lynch Pyro so we can extrapolate TJ's alignment. 

Thank you for the information.

I have not been able to read through the posts, but for now I will put my vote on pyro until I can get more information. Be back in a little, after I have read the posts.

I mean, I don't see how that actually affects TJ's alignment.

Re:straw, I did provide an explanation. His actions seemed a little like his actions in the MR, and so I had a slight gut read on him.

I feel the fact that people are advocating for my lynch without providing a clear opportunity for me to defend myself is actually quite suspicious.

3 hours ago, Straw said:

@Ashbringer Why didn't you want to break the tie between Silber and Pyro?

Mainly because I still wasn't sure what the protocol for ties were. In some of the games I've seen, ties can be useful as it gives vote manipulation a chance to visibly alter an outcome, or a chance to lynch multiple suspects at once. But here, all it does is give a random chance to lynch one suspect or the other.

I also had very little time to analyze things due to a Father's Day party, and as far as I could read I didn't think either Silber or Pyro were acting overly D1 suspicious. Although Pyro has proved... multiple times that he can fool people of his alignment. So I didn't want to break the tie because I thought neither one was more suspicious than the other and didn't have the time or ability to make an informed judgement.

4 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I feel the fact that people are advocating for my lynch without providing a clear opportunity for me to defend myself is actually quite suspicious.

Clear opportunity: Defend yourself. It'll be interesting to see what you say, I'm genuinely curious.

5 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I mean, I don't see how that actually affects TJ's alignment.

Re:straw, I did provide an explanation. His actions seemed a little like his actions in the MR, and so I had a slight gut read on him.

It affects TJ's alignment since an elim has very little reason to care who is lynched between two villagers.

Could you please explain what exactly is similar? You're not being helpful.

You do have an opportunity to defend yourself. Take a look at my post about you, for example. Also, providing some reads would be nice.

Also, why did you try to PM me? Has anyone else been PMed by Pyro?

1 hour ago, Shard of Reading said:

Not alinment indicative. 

It's if the post does not lean towards elim or village.

Ah, makes sense, thank you.

I don't have many reads at the moment, but these are my suspicions:

Pyro: Second time lynch train has been started against them. My main problem with suspecting them is that their mistakes(appeals to emotion, etc.) are ... not what I would expect from an experienced player.

Straw: For some reason I really want to say that they are elim, but this would be absolutely baseless. I read and reread their posts but couldn't find anything to suspect. 

TJ: They started the lynch train on Silber, while they did provide a reason, it does not feel adequate.

This are my only reads at the moment.

To be fair, my fooling of alignment only really worked in ONE game, albeit the most recent one, and that only worked because no one alive had actually played qith me as village at that point IIRC. I actually tend to be more chaotic as an elim, as well as say several things that are funny from my perspective, but don't make much sense from others. If people knew that, they could probably have read me better.

Will defend later.

2 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

Also, how can you vote for me based on my vote for someone else when the result of that vote has not yet been revealed? Just because you have a good read on them doesn't mean others cannot find them suspicious, and it doesn't do good to vote on them just because of a difference of opinion. 

So does no one else find this part of TJ’s post super suspicious? Is it just me? Like, the whole point of this game is that you would vote on someone you think is voting for someone who’s a villager. Mist TJ. I also feel like a lot of their posts since then have been really weird too. 

Also, we should probably make sure to not talk about games that are still running, even if we’re dead in them.

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

Like, the whole point of this game is that you would vote on someone you think is voting for someone who’s a villager.

...noo? Villagers vote for villagers all the time. Even most of the time. Voting for someone who disagrees with your reads is an elim move, as they want to cut down on the village voices that disagree with their narrative.

Striker has a point with the dead talking thing. We should stop.

17 minutes ago, Straw said:

Has anyone else been PMed by Pyro?

Yep.

6 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

So does no one else find this part of TJ’s post super suspicious? Is it just me? Like, the whole point of this game is that you would vote on someone you think is voting for someone who’s a villager. Mist TJ. I also feel like a lot of their posts since then have been really weird too. 

That's what I thought! Then TJ confused me. :P (Then I got ninja'd by Pyro and he confused me even more. So I dunno.) 

Edit: And ninja'd by Truthwatcher. Their use of the word 'bandwagon' is interesting, though that's probably just from inexperience.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

5 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

...noo? Villagers vote for villagers all the time. Even most of the time. Voting for someone who disagrees with your reads is an elim move, as they want to cut down on the village voices that disagree with their narrative.

What I’m saying is that it isn’t an elim move necessarily to vote on someone because they have different reads than you. If you think someone’s reads are coming from a place of them being an elim, then you’re perfectly justified in voting in them.

8 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Also, we should probably make sure to not talk about games that are still running, even if we’re dead in them.

Voting on people entirely based on flips is a really bad idea. You could be a villager and vote for all villagers. The process matters more than the result if you're trying to read votes. Strongly disagree with this.

1 minute ago, Straw said:

Voting on people entirely based on flips is a really bad idea. You could be a villager and vote for all villagers. The process matters more than the result if you're trying to read votes. Strongly disagree with this.

I think you’re misreading what I’m trying to say? From how I read TJ’s post, it seems like he was the one saying you should wait until a player flips to make a read on people who voted for them. Which...no. That’s not how it works. I’m sorry if I made it sound like I was supporting that somehow.

2 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I think you’re misreading what I’m trying to say? From how I read TJ’s post, it seems like he was the one saying you should wait until a player flips to make a read on people who voted for them. Which...no. That’s not how it works. I’m sorry if I made it sound like I was supporting that somehow.

The way I read it, TJ was saying that it was bad that people were assuming Pyro was an elim when voting on TJ, which is valid. I think that people should try to minimize assumptions like that when possible.

1 minute ago, MysticLotus said:

I just don't really get how knowing Pyro's alignment will get us TJ's. So, for know, I think that I will vote on TJ, although I will have to think about it more.

Could you please point to what you find suspicious about TJ?

It doesn't 100% tell us his alignment, but it helps shed light on the shift to Silber, which TJ was part of.

3 minutes ago, Straw said:

The way I read it, TJ was saying that it was bad that people were assuming Pyro was an elim when voting on TJ, which is valid. I think that people should try to minimize assumptions like that when possible.

Hmm...that makes sense. I’m still not a huge fan of their other posts since the one I quoted, so I’ll be leaving my vote where it is for now.

With Silber not being evil, all that particularly means is that the late switch back to Pyro was not an attempt to save a teammate.

Why would it be true that if TJ is an elim Pyro also is, and vice versa? TJ's vote came very early in the Silber train when the vote was tied between Fifth and Pyro. There isn't a reason TJ would be defending one over the other, and at that point it's also plausible for a villager to have decided there was enough time left in the cycle to move off two wagons they thought were village.

34 minutes ago, Straw said:

It affects TJ's alignment since an elim has very little reason to care who is lynched between two villagers.

What two villagers are you referring to here? Fifth and Pyro? Pyro and Silber?