I’m slightly bemused by the sudden outpouring of suspicion for myself and Ada, though if it helps me be lynched this cycle I won’t complain too loudly. As things stand currently, it does seem that quite a few people do distrust me, so I’d again call on the general public to please lynch me to prove what I’m saying about having an extra life. However, so as not to allow votes to escape scrutiny, I’d appreciate it if those who suspect me could give a general summary of what they find suspicious about me.

42 minutes ago, Seventh Saint said:

No offence, exactly, but how do I trust you? And if that’s the case, would they mind disclosing the roles? I’m a little annoyed/confused by all the PM action going on, and can hardly be expected to know that you’ve gotten supposedly verified claims from each of them. (In fact, if everyone could be a little more open about what happened in their PMs to clear person X, Y or Z, that would be wonderful.) Besides, even if they are villagers, I believe my analysis still stands. 

I'm on the same page as Sixth here.  I was not privy to any of these giant PM networks that seem to have occurred.  In fact, it would be useful if everyone did note who they have cleared based on PMs.  Although I mostly think so in a 'everyone should do so or no one' manner, since the sum of the knowledge will be far more useful to the village than any partial piece.  People don't have to share why they've cleared someone, but especially since PMs are closed now, it would definitely be useful to get as much knowledge available to the Eliminators as possible.  (if my constant bolding/greening of eliminators is annoying, let me know.  But I am using it to confirm what side I'm referring to...since the overall rules of this game could result in confusion as normal terminology may come to the forefront on occasion.)

Also, tiny, I had a more lengthy post written up earlier in response to your 'why am I fighting so hard to clear Crimsn' question, but the short answer is that we have a number of people utilizing another person's faulty logic to condemn someone who I don't think really deserves it.  And given that it's faulty logic, it's not as useful for gaining information for the village as a normal lynch train would be as if you don't look into it enough, it can seem reasonable.

1 hour ago, Seventh Saint said:

I know this post by Elandera drew a lot of flak from several sources during C1, but I still find suspicious content here that is unmitigated by her later defences and refutations of this post. The vote on Roadwalker seems cast in such a way that is perfect for a distancing Spambot partner—flippant, easily retracted if pressed, and in short something I’d expect a teammate to use as distancing. The vote obviously could be legitimate, but there seems something inherently wrong with the tone here. While I accept Elandera’s later justifications for her suspicions on Ada and Arand, I’m less willing to give her a pass for the Road vote.

Yes, it could have been distancing, but I see several issues with that. Laying a vote on a teammate without making sure the given reasons for said vote would be resolved is a major risk. Especially when that player turned out to be Temptation. Also, this is not outside my realm of normal. Whenever I run into the issue of not finding anything suspicious, especially on D1, I lean toward voting on those who are less- or inactive.

As the turn went on, I left my vote on Road because I felt no need to take it off. They were lurking, but not posting, which I found extremely odd. Especially when all most of the votes were looking for was a simple greetings post. As votes built up against other people, I didn't have any solid enough suspicions to move the vote and was very content with an inactive lynch.

3 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Now you say you have a self protect. Granted just last post you said that you don't typically do immediate role claims when you are brought under suspicion. but you seem to be contradicting the earlier suggestion you made that there were ample redirects. 

There might very well be redirects, but it is true that I only brought up the possibility of redirects to hide my role a little longer. I've already outlasted my previous survival record for a lurcher-type role, and I'd like to see how much longer I can stay alive.

I'm somewhat curious as to how many of the people currently voting for me are doing so just because it's an easy vote. @Kidpen apparently believes that my method of proving my role is infeasible, and I'd like to know whether other people believe that's the case. It's not quite as simple as Rand's plan, nor as conclusive as Fifth's plan, but I believe it has a sufficiently high chance of working that it's not worth killing off a protection role. What does everyone else think? Does anyone have a better plan?

@xinoehp512 has a tendency to bandwagon when evil and abstain from lynches when good, so his motives may have been something other than pure, or perhaps he saw a credible lynch and wanted to punish me for my vote.  

Aman appears to be voting on me to "resolve" a 1-1 situation, but I don't see that as being the case. I am not (anymore) denying that I was attacked and survived via a self-protect, so mine and CadCom's claims are consistent. CadCom is keeping his vote in place until he comes to a conclusion about my plan to prove my role while Rand has probably gone to bed and will use me to demonstrate his own role.

24 minutes ago, Seventh Saint said:

However, so as not to allow votes to escape scrutiny, I’d appreciate it if those who suspect me could give a general summary of what they find suspicious about me.

For me, the thing that sticks out most this cycle is how quick you were to claim that lynching you would be largely futile in response to a single vote by someone who was already antagonistic towards you. I can see this as either a spambot desperate not to lose another member or an eliminator who wants to prove their role any way they can, and in both cases lynching you would be helpful. With your flat extra life and (presumably) only one full time vigilante, it makes more sense to test you with the lynch and me with the kill than vice versa.

Personally, I feel losing an extra life to guarantee Fifth is not spammer is better than letting a potential protection person die. The interaction between CadCom and Crimsn makes a bit more sense as village-village, and my argument for Fifth, if he is an eliminator, being a prime target for conversion means that it is valuable either way to whack off an extra life, just to make him confirmed, less likely to be converted, or a dead spammer. This will also give us a chance to use all our other things to confirm various people, and help narrow down the lynch field a bit. 

2 hours ago, Seventh Saint said:

I think I’ve only got three votes for the moment, counting my own, but I’m perfectly happy with my own vote’s current location. :) 

Curse this mobile inability to delete quotes; I no longer remember why I selected it.

1 hour ago, Crimsn Chanarach said:

There might very well be redirects, but it is true that I only brought up the possibility of redirects to hide my role a little longer. I've already outlasted my previous survival record for a lurcher-type role, and I'd like to see how much longer I can stay alive.

I'm somewhat curious as to how many of the people currently voting for me are doing so just because it's an easy vote. @Kidpen apparently believes that my method of proving my role is infeasible, and I'd like to know whether other people believe that's the case. It's not quite as simple as Rand's plan, nor as conclusive as Fifth's plan, but I believe it has a sufficiently high chance of working that it's not worth killing off a protection role. What does everyone else think? Does anyone have a better plan?

@xinoehp512 has a tendency to bandwagon when evil and abstain from lynches when good, so his motives may have been something other than pure, or perhaps he saw a credible lynch and wanted to punish me for my vote.  

Aman appears to be voting on me to "resolve" a 1-1 situation, but I don't see that as being the case. I am not (anymore) denying that I was attacked and survived via a self-protect, so mine and CadCom's claims are consistent. CadCom is keeping his vote in place until he comes to a conclusion about my plan to prove my role while Rand has probably gone to bed and will use me to demonstrate his own role.

For me, the thing that sticks out most this cycle is how quick you were to claim that lynching you would be largely futile in response to a single vote by someone who was already antagonistic towards you. I can see this as either a spambot desperate not to lose another member or an eliminator who wants to prove their role any way they can, and in both cases lynching you would be helpful. With your flat extra life and (presumably) only one full time vigilante, it makes more sense to test you with the lynch and me with the kill than vice versa.

This behavior seems extremely inconsistent with what an actual doctor would do. A rational villager accused of being an eliminator due to role interactions would usually claim their true role, as their primary concern would not be avoiding being killed by spammers, and would instead be avoiding being killed by the lynch. Furthermore, a doctor role is valuable enough to the village that claiming it can make others back off of a lynch, and it is far more plausible that a doctor would choose to protect themselves than a random redirect. This behavior is far more consistent with a spammer who panicked, created a bad lie, and has only in hindsight thought of a better one.

2 minutes ago, High Priest of Lord Tekiel said:

This behavior seems extremely inconsistent with what an actual doctor would do. A rational villager accused of being an eliminator due to role interactions would usually claim their true role, as their primary concern would not be avoiding being killed by spammers, and would instead be avoiding being killed by the lynch. Furthermore, a doctor role is valuable enough to the village that claiming it can make others back off of a lynch, and it is far more plausible that a doctor would choose to protect themselves than a random redirect. This behavior is far more consistent with a spammer who panicked, created a bad lie, and has only in hindsight thought of a better one.

I didn't immediately claim because CadCom's original statement was vague and didn't even confirm that I had actually been attacked. I wasn't going to reveal my role on the basis of something a PM contact was theoretically going to do, especially as both Babaji and Vashikaran can pierce my defenses. 

4 hours ago, Seventh Saint said:

After Alvron announced his Gods of Luck and Chance, animal cracker purchases rose by 50% in a few short months among SEers.

Perhaps Wilson has retreated to the Shadows, but few forget her feats in days past, and even now she rallies her PR Agents and Heralds to herself, seeking influence anew.

Just because I have a not insubstantial investment in the animal cracker industry doesn't mean I'm using my religion as a way to boost sales!  Wait, that's not what you mean?  Um, er, forget what I just said then.  Yep, I said nothing.  Moving on.

Wilson retreating into the Shadows? hehehehahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Wilson would never do such a thing.  No, Wilson has walked into the Light and is waiting. Waiting for those brave enough to follow her and see the truth.

6 minutes ago, alVoidus said:

Just because I have a not insubstantial investment in the animal cracker industry doesn't mean I'm using my religion as a way to boost sales!  Wait, that's not what you mean?  Um, er, forget what I just said then.  Yep, I said nothing.  Moving on.

Wilson retreating into the Shadows? hehehehahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Wilson would never do such a thing.  No, Wilson has walked into the Light and is waiting. Waiting for those brave enough to follow her and see the truth.

I just noticed that this game is GM'd by an Apostle of Alvron and a Disciple of Wilson. Interesting.

2 minutes ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

as an elephant I take this as a personal attack on my health. Have at thee!

I have fed many of your kind to the flames.  One more won't be much of a problem.

2 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

I just noticed that this game is GM'd by an Apostle of Alvron and a Disciple of Wilson. Interesting.

I can almost feel Rae bristle at the thought of favoritism.  :P  If only her God was as feared/loved as myself or Wilson.

9 minutes ago, alVoidus said:

I have fed many of your kind to the flames.  One more won't be much of a problem.

I can almost feel Rae bristle at the thought of favoritism.  :P  If only her God was as feared/loved as myself or Wilson.

Favourtism? Favouritism, you call it?! Only an apostle of Alvron and a disciple of Wilson would be insipid enough to let this forum become overrun by spambots while they run off to play Skyrim!

1 minute ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Lord Tekiel is our IM, our contact among the moderators. Do you see him helping?

Yes, in fact what I see is Lord Tekiel graciously babysitting two childish blasphemers and letting them clean up their own mess to learn some responsibility.

23 minutes ago, High Priest of Lord Tekiel said:

Favourtism? Favouritism, you call it?! Only an apostle of Alvron and a disciple of Wilson would be insipid enough to let this forum become overrun by spambots while they run off to play Skyrim!

14 minutes ago, High Priest of Lord Tekiel said:

Yes, in fact what I see is Lord Tekiel graciously babysitting two childish blasphemers and letting them clean up their own mess to learn some responsibility.

How r00d. =P I, at least, am perfectly mature. Besides, without our loving guidance, you wouldn't have had the means of banning any Spamsters, anyway~

Just now, xxGaea said:

How r00d. =P I, at least, am perfectly mature. Besides, without our loving guidance, you wouldn't have had the means of banning any Spamsters, anyway~

But how do we know you didn't get Mestiv to code them to get past the bot filters he put in for your own amusement?
Actually, sorry, that's more of a Joe thing to do. But my point stands. 

3 minutes ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

But how do we know you didn't get Mestiv to code them to get past the bot filters he put in for your own amusement?
Actually, sorry, that's more of a Joe thing to do. But my point stands. 

Pffft, that is actually totally something I would do. Y'all don't know me well, but I can be much more trollish than Joe. xD