TUBA - The Underground Bakers' Association

1 minute ago, The_Archivist said:

I swear to keep information about TUBA secret that should be kept secret

I swear to never spike goods

and I swear allegiance to TUBA, and only TUBA, in the Alleyverse RP.

I also swear to protect those who cannot protect themselves.

Hi, and welcome to the Shard and the Alleyverse! I’ll shoot you a PM about joining! :) If you need help finding any threads or have any questions, just say the word, we’re all happy to help. 

8 hours ago, The_Archivist said:

I'm considering making my character a copper compounder, what advantages would that give me?

Actually never mind, i think i finally figured it out.

Sorry, I got here late! Did you find the Index in the characters thread? 

56 minutes ago, The_Archivist said:

Yeah, but it doesn't specify the advantages of each type of compounder. It might be a good idea to add that somewhere, especially since we didn't see most of them in the books.

What do you mean by advantages? 

13 minutes ago, The_Archivist said:

What is better about it compared to normal Feruchemy. Most are fairly obvious, but some are more open to interpretation.

Well, you get more power from storing way less, since you’re burning your metal. Plus you can use the Allomantic ability as well. That’s the same for all Compounding. 

2 hours ago, AonEne said:

Well, you get more power from storing way less, since you’re burning your metal. Plus you can use the Allomantic ability as well. That’s the same for all Compounding. 

I don't think there is any canon benefits for copper compounding.

5 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

I don't think there is any canon benefits for copper compounding.

Well, we haven’t seen it used onscreen, but it presumably works like all Compounding does. 

35 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Well, we haven’t seen it used onscreen, but it presumably works like all Compounding does. 

And what would that mean for memories? Would it make copies? Make them stronger...?

Brandon has said that there is a use, but he's consistently RAFO'd it.

13 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

And what would that mean for memories? Would it make copies? Make them stronger...?

I know, it’s unfortunate :P 

On 05/04/2020 at 3:13 PM, xinoehp512 said:

I would expect it to give the ability to copy the stored memory, so you can take a coppermind, burn it, and obtain two or more copies of it.

Anyway it's time I start to RP with my new characher

----------------------------------------------
It has been fifteen years since the last time NullBlade had been in the Alleycity, it had been... Changed, to say the least. It looked like it had been partially destroyed in a fight between high epics and was still being rebuild. Null didn't now whether to be worried that it probably meant that the great peace had ended or glad that this time their still was a city to rebuild.

Anyway, he needed to find reliable informations about what had happened. He spotted a man on the other side of the road and walked to him

"Hello sir, excuse me but I've been in this city in a long time, do you know what happened to make it so... destroyed?" He said, purposely speaking in the Alleyverse language, Null was not sure whether the Worldspike have any effect on him and it was not the time to test.

"Well, I was not there at that time but from what I heard, the city was attacked by a group known as the "Bureau of Villainy", apparently they had a lot of monsters with them and they tried to destroy the city but all the guild united against them and destroyed them. Also, their chef was beaten in ten minute by a guy people call "The Stranger" -seriously who chose a name like that- And apparently it's impressive from the chief ! Seriously, people are ridiculous when the talk about the DA, some people even say he beat him in one minute !"

Yes, the Stranger beating someone in ten minute was ridiculous: there obviously still was a city after the fight, this man is obviously new to this world, Null would need to ask someone else for informations... Well he intended to become a homless anyway.

"Ok, one last question : does the TUBA still exist and did where are their headquarter currently located?"

"Yes these... bakers are still around. I think their building is this way." Null had rarely heard someone put so much spite in a word, especially the word "baker", everybody loved bakers.

"Well, thanks you mister, although I must say I hope you're a very-well disguised Ghostblood otherwise you might have trouble in this city, hating both DA and TUBA that much. Godbye"

On these words, Nullblade left to the TUBA head quarters.

------------

Nullblade arrived at the TUBA building and entered saying

"Hello, do you have room for one more member?"

@anyone in the hall

About the Worldspike, NullBlade's mind, soul and body are supposed to be immune to investiture when he's burning aluminium so I guess the Worldspike would have no effect on him, not even translating his words, am I right?

@Voidus@Sorana @I think I am here.

Since the effects will mostly be whether @Fatebreaker's secret plan works on Null, I guess I should tag him

Edited by mathiau

I'll let someone else answer that definitively, but regardless, it would probably allow others to understand him. As for whether the Worldspike would affect him at all, you could probably swing it either way - it is essentially the equivalent of the direct act of a shard on a universal scale, so you could probably choose to have it affect him and just handwave it as being far above the level of any other (non-Voidus) power.

Edited by 18th Shard
spelling

18 minutes ago, Soulbinder said:

So I have a question: can my CHARACTER join a guild while I remain neutral? (I ask on this thread because I feel like it would be a good fit for my character.)

The current chief of TUBA (@AonEne) has a character that's considering joining DA so I think you can :)

Of course of two f your characters are in different guild and you get into both of their PM, you'll be expected to hide any secret information of one from the other

1 hour ago, 18th Shard said:

I'll let someone else answer that definitively, but regardless, it would probably allow others to understand him. As for whether the Worldspike would affect him at all, you could probably swing it either way - it is essentially the equivalent of the direct act of a shard on a universal scale, so you could probably choose to have it affect him and just handwave it as being far above the level of any other (non-Voidus) power.

If given the choice I would go for not affected, their do not seems to be any bonus to being affected and not being might have some effect in the @Fatebreaker era. The translation part is not very relevant since the alleyverse language is almost Null's birth tongue.

16 hours ago, Soulbinder said:

So I have a question: can my CHARACTER join a guild while I remain neutral? 

Definitely! 

Ran Modreo, the 26th-best-baker in The Underground Bakers’ Association, heard voices in the main entrance. He considered leaving them be, sure that someone would take care of them, but weighed it against delivering the atium news to even one more person and decided it was time to take a break. He turned down the hall, opened the door at the end, and gave his most welcoming smile to the waiting pair. 

“Hello and welcome, I’m Ran,” he said politely. “Did I hear you both ask to join us? Certainly you can, we’ll take almost anyone. May I know your names?” 

@Soulbinder @mathiau 

2 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Ran Modreo, the 26th-best-baker in The Underground Bakers’ Association, heard voices in the main entrance. He considered leaving them be, sure that someone would take care of them, but weighed it against delivering the atium news to even one more person and decided it was time to take a break. He turned down the hall, opened the door at the end, and gave his most welcoming smile to the waiting pair. 

“Hello and welcome, I’m Ran,” he said politely. “Did I hear you both ask to join us? Certainly you can, we’ll take almost anyone. May I know your names?” 

@Soulbinder @mathiau 

"Hello Ran, I'm NullBlade, or Null for short. Yes me and this little girl asked to join this guild." remembering how epic worked on the reckoners Earth he added "I'm an epic, but from a world without the darkness so you don't have to worry about me turning evil."

9 minutes ago, mathiau said:

"Hello Ran, I'm NullBlade, or Null for short. Yes me and this little girl asked to join this guild." remembering how epic worked on the reckoners Earth he added "I'm an epic, but from a world without the darkness so you don't have to worry about me turning evil."

“Um... little girl?” Zephyr repeated. “I’m legally an adult. Otherwise though, yes, I’d like to join your guild. My name is Zephyr, and I’m a certified chef, trained in Scadrial, Rosharian, Sellish, and some Earthen cuisine.”

1 hour ago, Soulbinder said:

“Um... little girl?” Zephyr repeated. “I’m legally an adult. Otherwise though, yes, I’d like to join your guild. My name is Zephyr, and I’m a certified chef, trained in Scadrial, Rosharian, Sellish, and some Earthen cuisine.”

"Excuse me, I didn't meant to offend you" he was about to add that the 'little' part was about her size and no her age, but he realized it would probably offend her more.

Also I checked the character thread and there is no character sheet for Zephyr aside from the outdated one were she's a compounder so you should do a new one or edit the first one. (Also being a certified cook would probably be at least expert handiwork which cost 25 points)

Edited by mathiau

He nodded at each of them, quietly entering their names into his tablet as they talked to one another. Neither turned up any criminal records, nor were they in any other guilds, so there wouldn’t be much checking to do. Someone else would give them a more in-depth look later, but all that background stuff wasn’t Ran’s job, and it wasn’t about to be. He had enough to do already. “All right, thank you,” he said lightly when there was a break in their conversation. “Do either of you need somewhere to stay?” 

19 minutes ago, AonEne said:

He nodded at each of them, quietly entering their names into his tablet as they talked to one another. Neither turned up any criminal records, nor were they in any other guilds, so there wouldn’t be much checking to do. Someone else would give them a more in-depth look later, but all that background stuff wasn’t Ran’s job, and it wasn’t about to be. He had enough to do already. “All right, thank you,” he said lightly when there was a break in their conversation. “Do either of you need somewhere to stay?” 

“Well... I have a room for the night, but after that, yes.” Zephyr admitted. “Thank you, Ran.”

1 minute ago, Soulbinder said:

“Well... I have a room for the night, but after that, yes.” Zephyr admitted. “Thank you, Ran.”

“No need for thanks, we’re happy to help guild members,” he promised. “You might be surprised how many people take up our offers.”