Long Game 44: Shadows of Elantris Redux

Herowannabe

If Araris ends up being evil and I suspected him, that might be the first time I'm right about his alignment: I can't remember helping lynch elim!Araris before. We don't even know if he was the one targeted, or at least not yet, but I'm going to put my vote down on him until we hear more.

Also, I am informing the thread that someone (apparently with a sense of humor) passed their Derethi Pendant to me last night, so right now I am a convert. I'm planning on holding onto it until we get a claimed Convert whom we can use it on. (No offense, but I trust my own alignment more than I trust any of yours, savvy? :P)

2 hours ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

I like how you use bold for your GM voice.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

Or the Gyorn, as he probably starts with poison and he can't kill.

Either way, Hero is much less of a threat to the elims now.

Oh I am very much still a threat to the Elims! And the Gyorn! And everybody else! I am the almighty GM! Your lives are as playthings in my hands, to do with as I please! Your existence serves no other purpose than to amuse me, and when I AM FINISHED WITH YOU I SHALL GRIND YOUR SOULS BENEATH THE HEEL OF MY BOOT! FEAR ME AND WEEP, FOR THE- 

Oh, wait, judging by the context I'm pretty sure you meant @Amanuensis, not me. Nevermind, as you were. 

Edited by Herowannabe

Now you've done it Pyro. Obviously one of the Elantris secrets is the Hero's role is Ruin, and he will come and just destroy all of us in one night. Or day. Also, when the OP said that a pendant was used, that wouldn't be allowed to mean given right? It means actually used on someone?

Hold on, @TheMightyLopen why would Araris being an elim make me a suspect? I can't read him and other players suggested he was acting odd and I agreed, so I suggested to Aman to kill him. If anything that should make me a bit trusted, because my read was right and I helped catch an elim. (All contingent on Aman actually targeting Araris last night.)

Just now, Kidpen said:

Now you've done it Pyro. Obviously one of the Elantris secrets is the Hero's role is Ruin, and he will come and just destroy all of us in one night. Or day. Also, when the OP said that a pendant was used, that wouldn't be allowed to mean given right? It means actually used on someone?

Someone gave me a Derethi Pendant and it didn't show up, so that answers that.

8 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

It means it was used. Gifted items are not revealed in thread. 

I don't have time to whip up a painting/any RP right now, so I'm just going to say that I inherited Bort's Seon and I've reached out to Aman. He's confirmed that he threw the pendant at Araris. So Araris. Guess you didn't have time to go back under the radar there, huh?:)

Also, sorry for the double post, but since I feel this is additionally relevant and not as an edit and also I don't want discussion to stagnate with votes piled on Araris:

I feel that Elenion is more likely to be village (or at least non-Jeskeri) right now, since Aman gave an option to the thread about who to throw the pendant at. Len almost immediately answered with Araris. If he were Jeskeri, he wouldn't be throwing his own teammate under the bus. It wouldn't have hurt anything to mention someone else, and it would've kept his teammate in the clear for longer. Also wouldn't have really been suspicious to say Joe or Eternum either. Aman had no preference. Also, Len's post and Aman's edit were done at the same minute, so it's rather unlikely that Len saw Aman's edit and said Araris to gain village cred. Far more likely that they both just had the same idea at the same time.

Personally, I think it should be somewhat obvious that this indicates Len is more likely to be a villager, and I find it strange that Lopen almost seems to be trying to cast suspicion on Len for it. Ditto to Pyro for saying that he's more suspicious of Len. If I were going to vote on someone other than Araris right now, I'd probably vote on one of these two, though I'm not sure which. I really don't like the tone in Lopen's post there, but Pyro seemed very interested in figuring out who Aman threw the pendant at. Almost like a Jeskeri concerned for his teammate. Plus, he has a Seon and I believe the Jeskeri started with at least one Seon, if not two. I'm not advocating lynching based on item distribution, especially since we don't know all the original Seon-holders (nor do I advocate all the original Seon holders claim), but it is a consideration for me.

2 minutes ago, little wilson said:

Also, sorry for the double post, but since I feel this is additionally relevant and not as an edit and also I don't want discussion to stagnate with votes piled on Araris:

I feel that Elenion is more likely to be village (or at least non-Jeskeri) right now, since Aman gave an option to the thread about who to throw the pendant at. Len almost immediately answered with Araris. If he were Jeskeri, he wouldn't be throwing his own teammate under the bus. It wouldn't have hurt anything to mention someone else, and it would've kept his teammate in the clear for longer. Also wouldn't have really been suspicious to say Joe or Eternum either. Aman had no preference. Also, Len's post and Aman's edit were done at the same minute, so it's rather unlikely that Len saw Aman's edit and said Araris to gain village cred. Far more likely that they both just had the same idea at the same time.

Personally, I think it should be somewhat obvious that this indicates Len is more likely to be a villager, and I find it strange that Lopen almost seems to be trying to cast suspicion on Len for it. Ditto to Pyro for saying that he's more suspicious of Len. If I were going to vote on someone other than Araris right now, I'd probably vote on one of these two, though I'm not sure which. I really don't like the tone in Lopen's post there, but Pyro seemed very interested in figuring out who Aman threw the pendant at. Almost like a Jeskeri concerned for his teammate. Plus, he has a Seon and I believe the Jeskeri started with at least one Seon, if not two. I'm not advocating lynching based on item distribution, especially since we don't know all the original Seon-holders (nor do I advocate all the original Seon holders claim), but it is a consideration for me.

For the record, I did not see Aman's edit before I posted. I didn't think that there was any confusion about that, but I guess there was. I agree with you up until you say that Pryo is suspicious for being very interested in figuring out who got Pendanted. That's not unexpected: I was very interested myself. The write-up basically said an elim was caught but we didn't know who for certain. Aman made it clear that he was targeting Araris if he could, now doubly confirmed by you (@TheYoungPyromancer can you triple-confirm?). Jeskeri!Pyro would have known that Araris was compromised based on Aman's edit and the Jeskeri not killing him, so he would have had no need to be so interested because he would have known that Aman really did attack Araris. While I'm a bit suspicious of Lopen for the sudden change of tone, I'm actually reading Pyro as very slightly village from this cycle's events.

3 hours ago, Elenion said:

Hold on, @TheMightyLopen why would Araris being an elim make me a suspect? I can't read him and other players suggested he was acting odd and I agreed, so I suggested to Aman to kill him. If anything that should make me a bit trusted, because my read was right and I helped catch an elim. (All contingent on Aman actually targeting Araris last night.)

Someone gave me a Derethi Pendant and it didn't show up, so that answers that.

2 hours ago, little wilson said:

I was actually trying to phrase it in such a way where you couldn't tell what I thought about Len, but apparently it really didn't come out that way. To be clear, I agree with Wilson that it makes Len look more village for exactly the reasons she pointed out, but I was trying to get others thoughts on it to help discussion since we were kind of just waiting to hear confirmation from Aman about Araris and I didn't want my opinion to have any sway over the answers. Considering all 4 of Pyro, Dalinar, Len, and you thought I was saying I thought it was suspicious, looks like I failed. :P

Speaking of which, Araris. Nice work Aman.

I also agree with Len's assessment of Pyro. I would expect the Jeskeri to be watching last Night's thread very closely to see who was picked.

Edit: Here's my feelings on people right now. Elantrians are underlined.

Village: Wilson, Elenion, King Cole, Mraize, Walin(his opening post this Phase sounded village to me), Pyro, Dalinar, Aman
Can't tell: Straw, Joe, Imperial Mint, Seonid, Arinian, Devotary, Drake, Kidpen, Cadmium, Drought, Kynedath
Eliminator: Eternum, Steeldancer, HH

Edited by TheMightyLopen

The evidence was clear. Elysian was guilty, Dio Brando had clearly pointed out why Araris must be evil, according to his unpious ways. But I had one last piece of evidence. While everyone was yelling at Elysian, I snuck up and plucked off a thread that I had spotted on him. And indeed, the thread matched the piece of fabric I had found in the scene of the crime. I checked in my notebook, which had already labeled him as a possible suspect. Hopefully, the ones I had labeled as possible compatriots would reveal their minds during this mob-fest. 

The mob was roaring at Elysian now, but I knew we could not afford to waste a whole day just yelling at him. 
"People! Perhaps now we can try and figure out who his compatriots are! I am suspicious of the fact that Eilen went to Elantris, as he was my second suspicion. I also feel that Fenot might also be eliminator, because I view the lynch on Daoate as being a way to turn suspicion away from Fenot without really stating it. Villagers were absolutely caught up in it, but I name suspicion of these individuals. Alchemist, what do you have to say to these accusations?" @A Joe in the Bush

Edited by Steeldancer
fixing RP names and clarification

6 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

I was actually trying to phrase it in such a way where you couldn't tell what I thought about Len, but apparently it really didn't come out that way. To be clear, I agree with Wilson that it makes Len look more village for exactly the reasons she pointed out, but I was trying to get others thoughts on it to help discussion since we were kind of just waiting to hear confirmation from Aman about Araris and I didn't want my opinion to have any sway over the answers. Considering all 4 of Pyro, Dalinar, Len, and you thought I was saying I thought it was suspicious, looks like I failed. :P

OK, I can see how you would have meant it that way, and not trying to lead the discussion seems like a villager thing to do because it allows us to get reads. (This makes it the second post of your that I've misread. B))

The religions of the world were false. A Korathi priest had apparently tried to kill Elysian with the power of the Jeskeri Mysteries. Elysian himself was a devout member of Shu-Korath, Shu-Dereth, and the Mysteries. He wore a Korathi pendant around his neck, proof enough of his loyalty to that church. A nice man had told him the truth about Lord Jaddeth, and given him a second pendant, although Eysian couldn't seem to find that one anymore. And just the last night he had made a grand sacrifice in the name of Jesker. Yet where were those gods now, as the folk of Arelon hunted for his blood? Jaddeth, Domi, and Jesker, each a pile of hogswash bigger than the last.

Elysian thought frantically of how to escape. He returned to the place where Daoate's corpse still lay in a pool of blood. In the name of religion, the life of one man was nothing. However, if that religion was false, then Elysian was a murderer, and deserved death. He sat in the corner and began to pray, although he didn't know what to. I know that there must be some higher truth. Please, but reveal yourself to me, and I will be your servant to the end of my days. I cannot die a simple orphan and a murderer!

Elysian sat for several minutes in the room, until he began to feel foolish. Perhaps there was no higher power, no way for a worthless life to be redeemed. He stood up to leave, taking one last look at his grisly work. Then, out of the corner of his eye, he noticed blood flowing on the ground underneath the altar, which was strange, since the corpse wasn't very fresh. Elysian stepped closer and saw that a single phrase stood out in bright red against the stone of the chamber. It read: PRAISE THE JA!

Elysian didn't know who this Ja was, but he knew that his prayer had been answered. He needed to return to the pool that had led him to this world, to find the truth. He didn't have any belongings beyond his clothes, so Elysian took a cloak that would conceal his face and set off for the Perpendicularity. Praise the Ja!

14 hours ago, Arraenae said:

"What're you drawing?" someone asked.

ArSuun looked away from his sketchpad. A little girl stared expectantly back at him.

"Oh, just some people practice," he said. "This is of Fenot, a Hrovellian potion seller, if you know him? He got a lot of customers earlier today." He set down his pen and showed her the page.

What ArSuun didn't mention was that Fenot had a habit of talking to himself, and grinned a lot, and held an air of confidence that almost bordered on recklessness. He didn't mention that Fenot had a nose that bent in like so here and hair that went in this direction there. No, that was information ArSuun kept to himself. Even if he was only here to practice his observation skills, there was no need to broadcast that out to the whole wide world.

5acffb210a78b_ScreenShot2018-04-12at5_31_18PM.thumb.png.5f431320624febf4fcc48953b00c6fd3.png

That's beautiful Arraenae. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

The mob was roaring at Elysian now, but I knew we could not afford to waste a whole day just yelling at him. 
"People! Perhaps now we can try and figure out who his compatriots are! I am suspicious of the fact that Eilen went to Elantris, as he was my second suspicion. I also feel that Fenot might also be eliminator, because I view the lynch on Daoate as being a way to turn suspicion away from Fenot without really stating it. Villagers were absolutely caught up in it, but I name suspicion of these individuals. Alchemist, what do you have to say to these accusations?" @A Joe in the Bush

You remember that all of day 1, I was voting for[ Araris], because I thought he was the Gyorn? And when was there attention on me?

5 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Jaddeth, Domi, and Jesker, each a pile of hogswash bigger than the last.

As a current Derethi Convert I am deeply offended. He has blasphemed Jaddeth, for which crime the punishment is death by lynching!

So there are currently four Derethi converts, two of which could be Odivs. Of the initial converts, one of them used their pendant on an unknown player. The pendant's target is one of two possible Odivs if the Gyorn has sworn an Odiv. The second convert supposedly gave their pendant to Elenion. If the Gyorn targeted the person who gave the pendant to Elenion, then there is no Odiv at this time. We don't know anything about the third original convert, but Amanuensis has asked me to tell the thread that the Gyorn converted an Elantrian last night. @little wilson and @TheYoungPyromancer can confirm this.

We should be able to tell whether an Odiv has been selected by the start of the next day turn, unless the Odiv deliberately decides not to convert.