Long Game 43: Under the Banner of Adonalsium

Seonid

1 minute ago, _Stick_ said:

Each world doc has the list of players on that Shardworld, right? So if it didn't have any other name than your own then isn't it safe to assume nobody else but you was there?

Yeah, it seems like Autonomy hopped in right after I left. 

6 hours ago, Seonid said:

TheYoungPyromancer (9): Eternum, Fifth Scholar, Hemalurgic Headshot, Jondesu, livinglegend, MonsterMetroid, Randuir, Steeldancer, Straw
Straw (6): Drake Marshall, Sart, Stick, TheYoungPyromancer, Young Bard, Anonymous
Hemalurgic Headshot (3): Arinian, Elbereth, Magestar

Okay, well, it seems that Sand Lord did not apply their vote, so, if you are on Nalthis, then know that you can (and probably will) be roleblocked tonight.

We also have an Anonymous vote placed in on Straw, which probably came from Ambition:

Investment Action - The Vessel of Ambition cannot invest in another player. Instead, they may use their action during the Day Turn to target a player. That player gains an extra anonymous vote against them in the vote count.

As it is the only way to place an anonymous vote (that I found in my quick read through of the rules)

I'd assume that Ambition is someone who signed off earlier, and didn't see the kinda-but-not-quite last second Pyro lynch, and placed the action for the vote against them earlier in the cycle.

If I'm correct in my assumptions about last Turn's lynch, then this could mean that Ambition is under the control of one of the elim factions.

The Pyro lynch started around mid-cycle, Drought, so I doubt that anyone missed it.

14 minutes ago, Eternum said:

If I'm correct in my assumptions about last Turn's lynch, then this could mean that Ambition is under the control of one of the elim factions.

The Pyro lynch started around mid-cycle, Drought, so I doubt that anyone missed it.

Didn't really get going till the last 8ish hours, if I recall correctly.

I believe as rand says that you are either survival or one of our primary targets... the thing that doesnt make since to me is if you are survival why would you tell us your win con without getting anything in return. 

Edit: @Seoniddoes joe get access to any and all pms relating to the game that orlok had?

Edited by MonsterMetroid

56 minutes ago, Eternum said:

Can you explain this a bit more? I know you said last cycle that you thought both straw and pyro are elims, but I'm not sure how it follows from that that ambition is also an elim.

I don't necessarily disagree with the conclusion. In fact, I mentioned all the way at the start that ambition has investiture that's important to the elims, so it could quite possibly be that the shard is currently held by one. I'm just not sure I see how you take that conclusion from the vote on Straw.

43 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

Do you believe me now?

Let's assume for the moment that you are Survival. Why do you deserve to Survive?

I planned to get Hoid and Khriss to PM me, then rat them out to the village.

Odium:

I can act as an information-network.  I may learn the whereabouts of other Shards, which I can tell you. 

My current plan is to focus on whomever would be able to kill me first.  If the village comes to a consensus on what I should do, I will happily listen to them. 

You ask for people to get in contact with you, then admit that you will betray anyone who does so. You claim that you will listen to the village, but since Survival cannot be lynched, we would never be able to kill you. @TheYoungPyromancer, you don't have to pledge yourself to any one side, indeed you should not help one side exclusively, but if you are going to hinder every other faction, you stray into serial killer territory. 

Nalthis. It had quite the colorful cognitive realm. 

Steeldancer popped up out of Endowments perpendicularity, which was surrounded by the famous Tears of Edgli. Looking at the paper Eobard had given him, it seemed like all three individuals lived in Hallendren. He had actually never visited the Court of God's before. It should be an interesting trip. 

He popped a few steelminds into his mouth, and felt the familiar reserve of power appear in his stomach. Looking at his spren, he asked, "Is this right? I feel like I'm taking a bite out of something that is way too big for me. Powers like that... if others come and get them, where no natural investiture can replicate it, there will be no one to stop them."

Phyl looked at him, her face of vines growing larger. "Listen."

A reminder of an oath. 

"Perhaps I'll consult someone with Fortune. Perhaps they will be able to give me some guidance." And Steel burned steel, releasing the investiture spread through him, and he ran. 

Across the plains of Nalthis. 

3 minutes ago, MonsterMetroid said:

So... I cant read the notes handwriting all the way what does it say?

"[someone] says that sure you can kick me out, Scholz but I got some really sweet info about you that I'm dying to tell can be [something] by stripping them of their [something something] a [something]"

That's all I could decipher. :P

3 hours ago, randuir said:

Can you explain this a bit more? I know you said last cycle that you thought both straw and pyro are elims, but I'm not sure how it follows from that that ambition is also an elim.

I don't necessarily disagree with the conclusion. In fact, I mentioned all the way at the start that ambition has investiture that's important to the elims, so it could quite possibly be that the shard is currently held by one. I'm just not sure I see how you take that conclusion from the vote on Straw.

I mean the anonymous vote on Straw. If one of the elim teams really wanted to lynch Straw, as I theorized last cycle, then said anonymous vote could mean that one of the elim teams has Ambition. 

2 hours ago, Eternum said:

I mean the anonymous vote on Straw. If one of the elim teams really wanted to lynch Straw, as I theorized last cycle, then said anonymous vote could mean that one of the elim teams has Ambition. 

Right, but what makes the ambition holder more of an elim than any of those who voted on Straw the old-fashioned way? I think we can agree that not everyone who voted on Straw could be an elim, so why would ambition be more likely to be an elim than any of the others? 

24 minutes ago, randuir said:

Right, but what makes the ambition holder more of an elim than any of those who voted on Straw the old-fashioned way? I think we can agree that not everyone who voted on Straw could be an elim, so why would ambition be more likely to be an elim than any of the others? 

Keyword: could. I'm not saying Ambition is an elim, I'm saying that we should be careful and assume the worst for now. I really wouldn't like us to be caught off-guard. So I'd rather plan for the worst, in this case Ambtion being an elim, rather than wait and see.

Edited by Eternum
Typo.

4 minutes ago, Eternum said:

Keyword: could. I'm not saying Ambition is an elim, I'm saying that we should be careful and assume the worst for now. I really wouldn't like us to be caught off-guard. So I'd rather plan for the worst, in this case Ambtion being an elim, rather than wait and see.

Fair enough. I thought your statement of ambition being evil was made with more surety then was actually the case.

I don't think ambition's vote manipulation is the biggest threat right now, but if it's being held by an elim then it means that an elim that died could get all of his remaining investiture actions back. Since Odium got broken out N0 there wouldn't be that many kills to go around, but it could be problematic if we manage to lynch Hoid, and he gets turned into a shade, allowing him to make use of any of his remaining investiture. It basically means that once elims start to die, we should keep in mind that they might still get actions to influence what happens in the thread.

7 hours ago, MonsterMetroid said:

I believe as rand says that you are either survival or one of our primary targets... the thing that doesnt make since to me is if you are survival why would you tell us your win con without getting anything in return. 

Edit: @Seoniddoes joe get access to any and all pms relating to the game that orlok had?

Because I want to be nice.  Also because it isn't that important.  I admit I am not playing this game optimally.  I am having fun.

6 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Let's assume for the moment that you are Survival. Why do you deserve to Survive?

You ask for people to get in contact with you, then admit that you will betray anyone who does so. You claim that you will listen to the village, but since Survival cannot be lynched, we would never be able to kill you. @TheYoungPyromancer, you don't have to pledge yourself to any one side, indeed you should not help one side exclusively, but if you are going to hinder every other faction, you stray into serial killer territory. 

I might not.  I am not working with the village because they can threaten me(though you can), I am because I am semi-annoyed Hoid hasn't PMed me, because I have a hard time winning with Hoid, and because I think the village has the advantage.  You can kill me if Odium/Ruin are village, in which case I ask for Endowment to return me.  If Odium is not Village, you just doomed me to die.  My protection would have made it so only my Shard was Shattered,  which is fine, as shattered Survival still counts for my win con.

46 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

I am because I am semi-annoyed Hoid hasn't PMed me, because I have a hard time winning with Hoid, and because I think the village has the advantage. 

Just why exactly are you annoyed at Hoid though? Contacting you would force him to reveal his identity to you, and apparently he should consider you an opponent as you have trouble winning together, so why take that risk of contacting you at all? What would Hoid gain by doing so? And if Hoid has nothing to gain, why are you annoyed that he plays to his win-con?

I'm sorry, Pyro, but I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out your motivations and goals here. I wish you weren't a new players, as otherwise I'd have some previous games to look back on to try and judge what exactly you're playing at here.

In other news, I'm going to repeat the call for @shanerockes to join us again. If Cultivation doesn't have other important thing to do with his/her PM's, could you maybe set me up with a PM with him? That way I could try to encourage him to join us again.

lastly, the only players I haven't mentioned in one way or another are Sart, Elbereth and Drake. Unfortunately it's closing on midnight here, so I won't go over Elbereth's posts yet. I should have time for Drake and Sart though.

Sart

Sart has proposed a couple of plans for solving various parts of the game, which is good and makes me lean village on him. It's noteworthy that he apparently didn't realize you wouldn't get investiture if you take from a shard breaking free, but I don't think that's particularly alignment indicative. There's one thing that stood out to me, but it's relatively minor.

I've still got a grievance with how he proposed blowing up Silverlight, after the thread had already come to the conclusion that it would benefit the Elims more than the village

@Sart, I might have missed it, but I don't think the thread ever reached that conclusion. I myself pointed out that losing silverlight would be a double-edged sword, with advantages for both the elims and the players, for example, and I haven't seen a consensus one way or another.

Overall I'm leaning slightly village on Sart.

Drake Marshall

I'm unsure about Drake. He seems a bit more reactive than proactive in his posts. He provides reads on active people and responses on events in the game, but they seem to be mostly focused on mentioning what has happened, without providing solutions. I'm not sure how alignment indicative this is, as its something that goes for more people than just Drake, but I've also seen quite a few players share plans for solving (parts of) the game.

He mentioned that he's curious about Ruin's blowing up Braize, while before he responded with "I like how you are thinking." to Straw suggesting that course of action for Ruin. I'm not sure what this means, but it makes me wonder if maybe (and this is a fairly unlikely maybe) Drake is Ruin, and made that post as a distancing attempt, forgetting about his earlier response to Straw.

None of this points to him being an elim. I don't have a smoking gun to point to like I did in Timeline-0. However, it does make me somewhat uneasy about Drake. Neutral read.

Edited by randuir

So wait. You’re irritated Hoid hasn’t PMed you. But then you say you just want a PM, which implies Khriss hasn’t contacted you either. Which is it?

As for tonight, we can kill Pyro with two vig kills, or one if Odium attacks, if Pyro is truly Survival. If, however, Pyro is Hoid, they will have a charge of Honor’s Investiture, and could block Odium’s attack. In this case, we’d need Ruin and/or a Dakhor Monk (if one exists, is on the same world, and is willing to hit Pyro) to kill him. However, if Pyro does survive the Night, I suggest we move on to other lynch targets tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, MonsterMetroid said:

I do not. Seonid made Elbereth and I a replacement PM, but i have no clue what Orlok and Elbereth said in it. 

That said, i have finally finished reading the thread. You guys are talkative. I agree that Straw is probably Ruin, and that Pyro is probably Survival. I would still happily lynch/kill him for lack of a better target, since he has not offered a way to help the village.

Yes I have.  I've offered to launder Shards, which you know I won't keep because I am not evil but neutral.

What I get out of this is Odium/Ruin aren't corrupted.

If Honor protected me, I would be extremely grateful and help them fulfill their win con.

If Odium kills me, please resurrect me Endowment.

Edited by TheYoungPyromancer