Long Game 43: Under the Banner of Adonalsium

Seonid

51 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

Yes I have.  I've offered to launder Shards, which you know I won't keep because I am not evil but neutral.

I don't know that. If I was Survival, i would give that offer, and then keep Odium and Ruin. You wouldn't be able to die that way, and could continually spam your day ability to get extra lives to survive the lynch. You would be virtually unkillable, unless folks went to Roshar, converted their investiture, found what world you were on, and double tapped you.

I do not recommend giving Pyro Ruin or Odium.

But, you are right that you did offer a way to help the village. So i will retract my willingness to kill you. 

I would like to leave Straw alive as well, pending further evidence of their guilt 

I can think of several reasons to be on Taldain, Devotary, but I can't think of many that help the village. I've been hiding in Taldain since Day 1 to see who would try to take advantage of its power first. It turns out Devotary went there during the day cycle. If it gets blown up, well, you know who to blame.

Day 3 - To Awaken the Lightning

The phone rang just as Matty was about to leave the office.

He sighed and went back inside to pick up the call.

“Matty Doer, aide to the Deputy Vice Chancellor of SilverPoly speaking,” he said, injecting a peppiness he did not feel into his voice. “How may I help you?”

He listened to the call.

“Thank you for letting us know,” Matty said faintly.

His behind found its way to a swivel chair, where it fell onto the padded seat and back. That was a good thing, because Matty wasn’t sure his legs would’ve been able to support him after hearing the news in that call.

Merciful Domi! he thought, massaging his forehead. Two more escaped Shards! Scholz is going to be so mad.

He glanced at a calendar, a small thing with pretty pictures of a beach on Teod. Matty imagined himself there, sipping pina colada in a beach chair, surfing in the azure waves.

Matty wrenched himself from that vision before the loneliness could overpower him. He’d counted out how much that would cost. Three more months. Three more months of paychecks until he could afford a week-long vacation to somewhere off of Silverlight. He could hold on for that long. Right?

---------------------------

Steeldancer streaked through the plains of Nalthis, a determined look on his face. The wind streamed past Steel’s face, whipping around his hair this way and that. Beside him, Phyl weaved her way through the air, vines dissolving behind her almost as fast as they formed.

If someone had been standing in the plains with him, all they would have seen was a long wake of trampled grass, stretching into the horizon as far as the eye could see.

Steel ran, and ran, and ran. But over so many kilometers, across so many countries, even the thrill of moving so fast wasn’t enough to distract him from his thoughts. He couldn’t let that Eobard to anything to his sister. And yet...

A bead of sweat dripped into his eyes. Steel wiped it off wearily, and kept going.

“You need to rest,” Phyl said worriedly.

“Can’t,” Steel panted. “Need... to reach...Hallandren.”

He pushed aside the burning in his thighs, his calves, his lungs, his whole body. It didn’t matter if he was tired. He’d been tired before. This...this wasn’t so much worse…

Suddenly, the wind changed direction and slammed into Steel. He lost his footing and staggered, his ankle twisting under him. It flared with pain.

Steel fell to the ground, tumbling a few meters from his momentum before coming to a stop. He lay there in the grass, groaning from pain and exhaustion.

“Steel!” Phyl cried as she bobbed to his side. “Oh no, this is bad.”

Steel shook his head feebly at her. “No…” he forced out. “I...I’m fine.” With a grunt, he fumbled in his pockets for spheres. He sucked Stormlight from them in shuddering gasps. Slowly, his pain drained away. The fire in his ankle banked into a dull ache.

Fat drops of rain plopped onto the ground. He glanced upwards, confused. Dark clouds rolled in around him, too fast to be entirely natural.

Whatever. He had a job to do. Steel slowly dragged himself to his feet, standing tall against the rain.

“I -- I don’t think we should do this,” Phyl said again. “This feels wrong.”

“We need to get to Hallandren,” Steel said wearily. He set off in a jog, slowly building up to a sprint.

Rain lashed against him angrily.

Suddenly, Phyl shrieked. “He’s here! He’s here! Dodge!”

Steel threw himself to the side. A heartbeat later, red lightning struck the place he’d just been standing in, leaving a blackened scorch mark. Wisps of smoke rose from it.

Steel gaped at it in shock. “Phyl, what --”

He never got to complete his question. Another bolt of lighting struck him fully in the chest, red as the color of blood.

Phyl screamed as Steel’s lifeless body dropped to the ground.

Odium watched from above with satisfaction.

------------------------

General Announcements - Alright. Whoever was involved in releasing Devotion and Endowment had better turn themselves in immediately, or I'll have the entire student body caned until someone confesses! I'm serious this time. And just so everyone is absolutely clear, I'm sending Enforcement down to arrest the SCLU for operating while under revocation of charter.

- Finn Scholz

Dear Mr. Scholz,

While we appreciate your energy and your efforts in pursuit of stolen University property, we regret to inform you that your request to revoke the charter of the SCLU was denied by the administrative board of Silverlight. As such, your instructions to Enforcement constitute an unlawful use of your authority. This is a warning to cease and desist the use of University Enforcement while pursuing internal matters. Failure to comply will be met with sanctions.

- Arinne Tekiel, Silverlight Legal

Steeldancer was killed! They were a 17th Shard aligned Researcher!

Player List:

1. Young Bard - Jeral
  2. Arinian - Eilen
  3. Eternum - Habrian
  4. Fifth Scholar - Darrel
  5. randuir - Met
  6. Steeldancer - Steeldancer and Eobard Thawne 17th Shard aligned Researcher
  7. Straw - Straw
  8. Jondesu - Quintus
  9. Droughtbringer - Ralar
  10. Devotary of Sponteneity - Reed
  11. livinglegend - Unnamed Character 3
  12. A Joe in the Bush - Locke Tekiel
  13. MonsterMetroid - Willie
  14. Magestar - Moro
  15. Hemalurgic_Headshot - Jiamo
  16. Megasif - Mega
  17. Sart - Sam Taswell
  18. TheYoungPyromancer - Kelsier
  19. _Stick_ - Stick
  20. shanerockes - Philepe De Pedro Von Leiderhuch Johnson III
  21. Drake Marshall - Everen
  22. Elbereth - Elaria
  23. The Sand Lord (Nalthis)
  24. Patji (Scadrial)

Also - please note that my work has elected to move me to the day shift as of Monday, which means that a 1:00 AM rollover time is no longer feasible for me.

The new rollover time will be at 9:00 MST. To accommodate this, this cycle will be extended by about 19 hours, until the new rollover time.

gre_1522033200.png

Interesting. Odium just killed one of the targets that was likely to be Odium. And Ruin did nothing, as far as I can tell. That seems rather odd, but he may well have been roleblocked. It still bothers me though. I’ll have a look through the rules, and see what could have blocked Ruin’s action.

After two days of failed lynches, I’m of a mind not to use this cycle’s lynch on Pyro. Can somebody sum up the reasoning behind the Straw lynch yesterday? I’m curious as to why people were voting for him. I want to look at other targets, obviously, but I’m not sure why so many people wanted him dead last cycle.

Welp, if anyone was hoping Dominion would  be put back, I think you can forget about that. I just got my action redirected towards pyro. As I can't think of any indication I might have given that I had something to kill pyro with, I'm assuming the goal of this was to just mess around with powers to flip to the alternate win-con.

I suspect the same thing goes for odium beginning to kill. What's noteworthy is that Ruin did not blow up another planet. This either suggests that he isn't planning on obtaining the win-con, or that he was on a planet with one other person, and realized that blowing up that planet would be too conspicuous.

4 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

After two days of failed lynches, I’m of a mind not to use this cycle’s lynch on Pyro. Can somebody sum up the reasoning behind the Straw lynch yesterday? I’m curious as to why people were voting for him. I want to look at other targets, obviously, but I’m not sure why so many people wanted him dead last cycle.

Stick summed it up best, I think.

and Straw's rebuttal and stick's response (my own response is two posts above that one).

Edit: because of the actions of Ruin I mentioned above, i wonder if it's a good idea to ask for people to report if they where one a planet with only one other person. This narrows the suspects down, but it does so publicly, which would also help the elims and maybe Odium. However, Ruin does have a kill, so if they want to become hard tot rack, they could kill the guy they shared a planet with first to cover his/her tracks. This is all assuming that the presence of a watcher was Ruin's reason for abstaining from planeticide, which is not guaranteed.

Edited by randuir

3 hours ago, randuir said:

Welp, if anyone was hoping Dominion would be put back, I think you can forget about that. I just got my action redirected towards pyro. As I can't think of any indication I might have given that I had something to kill pyro with, I'm assuming the goal of this was to just mess around with powers to flip to the alternate win-con.

Or they were using it as a crude scanner.  I could see it being used like that.

I was roleblocked.  I don't really care that much.

Why don't you guys trust me?  I swear by Honor I will give them back.  Plus, I wouldn't get Odium and Ruin at the same time.  That would leave me vulnerable to the other one.  Plus, in your theoretical situation, it would be impossible for me to win with either Hoid or Khriss's sudden death, so the village would be highly likely to win.

1 hour ago, Magestar said:

Or they were using it as a crude scanner.  I could see it being used like that.

I guess I can see that, but then why redirect to the fairly obvious target?

Also, two group PM's have been created, called Yellow PM and Submarine PM. Yellow PM contains Arinian, Stick, Randuir, Magestar and Drake Marshall. Submarine PM contains Stick, Elbereth, Shanerockes*, Joe, Devotary and Randuir.

I've got a bit of a theory about these PM's, which I'll share below. Note that this is based on a number of assumptions, so should be taken with a big does of salt.

First the assumptions:

1. Cultivation created these two PM's with a reason, which is not 'because I can'.
  2. Cultivation does not want to make it easy for us to figure out who she is.

From assumption #1 follows that cultivation wants to know what happens in the PM's. The first way to do so would be to just include herself in the PM's. Both myself and stick are included in both PM's, which I think is one person too few for cultivation to have included herself. I think this is the case because of she'd included only one other person in both PM's, it would be easy for that other person to pinpoint her. If I wanted to watch both PM's in person, I'd include at lest two other people in both PM's.

The other option is that she has someone else watch (one of) the PM's. However, unless Cultivation already had a PM with someone they trust a lot(and there is at most one other fully village PM out there apart from Joe/Orlok - Elbereth), the only way for this to be the case would be if cultivation is held by an elim, giving her team-mates to rely upon.

I think we're dealing with the second option. This means that there's likely an elim in each PM. I suspect me and stick had been included in both PM's to act as attractors for suspicion of us being cultivation, so that means the elims would be among the others. If I'm right, there would be one elim among magestar, Drake and Arinian, and another among Elbereth, Shanerockes, Joe and Devotary.

Of course, this isn't a particularly solid theory right now. it's build on a number of assumptions which seem reasonable to me, but there's no guarantee that they are true. As the game progresses it might be worth it to keep an eye on these two lists of people though, especially if other things happen that seem to support the elim!cultivation theory.

That's all I've got to add right now. I'll finish my people-analysis by going over Elbereth's posts soon, and post a vote closer to the end of the day.

Ninja'd by pyro, and I do actually have something to say about that.

1 minute ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

I was roleblocked.  I don't really care that much.

That wasn't my action that got redirected. Given only Ruin's investiture and autonomy's vessel get roleblocks, I assume you are on a planet with an aspect? If you aren't, then that has some interesting consequences.

*who, btw, has mentioned in the PM that his inactivity was caused by a busy last week of school/ hopefully that means he'll be back soon.

5 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

After two days of failed lynches, I’m of a mind not to use this cycle’s lynch on Pyro.

Yeah definitely agree with this. I apoligize for bringing up and pushing the Pyro lynch so far yesterday. I do think we learned some valuable info from it namely that I believe Pyro is indeed who he said he was, and Odium doesnt seem super interested in splintering survival... at least right away. Granted there is a possibility that pyro used preservation to survive but thats not the feeling I get now but the possibility shouldnt be discarded.

In other news I had an awesome RP post (at least I liked it) for last night... that didnt get posted due to some issues but I will be posting it soon so just pretend I did so before turnover haha.

I want to reevaluate a lot of things before I post a vote especially I want to take a look at Straw and HH myself since a lot of people were pushing that way.

1 minute ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

I am on a planet with someone I have confirmed as Autonomy.

Really? thats interesting. The question is would it be better for the thread to know in general (assuming pyro is willing to share) or is it best to keep auto secret for now?

Just now, MonsterMetroid said:

Really? thats interesting. The question is would it be better for the thread to know in general (assuming pyro is willing to share) or is it best to keep auto secret for now?

I think that's something for Autonomy to decide at the moment. If she seems to be acting counter to village interests, that will change, of course.

4 minutes ago, MonsterMetroid said:

I mean, I want to know so that we can kill them and I have a chance at the Shard because knowing people is fun :P

10 minutes ago, MonsterMetroid said:

Hmmm I guess I can agree with rand for now... though if Autonomy makes another aspect I might change my mind. You dont think autonomys win condition is just having an aspect on every planet do you?

If it is then it isn't that big of a problem. Either:

A - They've already lost, because Ruin destroyed a planet

or

B - They can win with the village, as having an aspect of each planet does not seem like an end game state, so I'm not too concerned.

I can think of several reasons to be on Taldain, Devotary, but I can't think of many that help the village. I've been hiding in Taldain since Day 1 to see who would try to take advantage of its power first. It turns out Devotary went there during the day cycle. If it gets blown up, well, you know who to blame.

Almost all of the Investiture actions that target other players require someone to be on the same world as their target. On night 0, I took a charge of Investiture, then went to Roshar day 1 to trade it in, and then since no one else was on Roshar with me I went to Taldain yesterday to be sure that I wouldn't waste my only charge of Investiture.

Endowment, if you are a villager, please Return Steeldancer/today's lynch victim if they are 17th Shard tonight. @Seonid, is there a time limit for Endowment's Shardic ability? How long can a player be dead before they can no longer be Returned?

34 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Almost all of the Investiture actions that target other players require someone to be on the same world as their target. On night 0, I took a charge of Investiture, then went to Roshar day 1 to trade it in, and then since no one else was on Roshar with me I went to Taldain yesterday to be sure that I wouldn't waste my only charge of Investiture.

Endowment, if you are a villager, please Return Steeldancer/today's lynch victim if they are 17th Shard tonight. @Seonid, is there a time limit for Endowment's Shardic ability? How long can a player be dead before they can no longer be Returned?

Ok I lied about not posting I guess but I really want to know why do you want Steeldancer or someone else returned tonight? I figure it might be best to let the people in the dead doc collect knowledge from each other then return. 

Also just curious what charge did you use? most of the investiture that targets other people isn't exactly villager friendly, maybe I am still carrying over suspicions last game but you definitely seem suspicious devotary.