Long Game 43: Under the Banner of Adonalsium

Seonid

6 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

I trust HH.  Autonomy claimed to have scanned him as village.  No, Autonomy is still village, and they claim to wish to work with the village even if they are converted.

And how did autonomy do that? Autonomy didn't get any investiture N0, as they got a Shard instead. Since then, they've been hopping around, making aspects, which mean the haven't gotten investiture since then either. Autonomy itself only gives aspect creation, vote manipulation and roleblocking as powers.

Edited by randuir

1 minute ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

I thought they scanned as a power.  They claimed they had a very good reason for trusting him.  And no, he is not Autonomy.  I know who he is for sure.  It isn't just a claim.

So he is Autonomy, yet he isn’t? This makes no sense. Can you reveal the name of your contact, and why exactly you trust him? I hate resorting to such measures, but this new development is laced in ambiguity and the village needs to know more.

1 minute ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

They claimed they had a very good reason for trusting him.  

What  reason?

For now voting for HH, nothing truly changed from previous cycle so I don't think that I should repeat my reasons.

There's one thing I overlooked, and that is that Autonomy's aspects allow everyone on the aspected world(including autonomy, as this happens at the start of a cycle) to get a bit of autonomy's investiture every cycle. However, we've got autonomy's action all accounted for, namely N0: take autonomy, C1 worldhop and place aspect, C2: worldhop and place aspect.

But that does mean that pyro wasn't roleblocked by autonomy last night, as autonomy had already used the two actions...

I'm going to quickly have to think through some implications.

Edited by randuir

9 minutes ago, randuir said:

There's one thing I overlooked, and that is that Autonomy's aspects allow everyone on the aspected world(including autonomy, as this happens at the start of a cycle) to get a bit of autonomy's investiture every cycle. However, we've got autonomy's action all accounted for, namely N0: take autonomy, C1 worldhop and place aspect, C2: worldhop and place aspect.

But that does mean that pyro wasn't roleblocked by autonomy last night, as autonomy had already used the two actions...

I'm going to quickly have to think through some implications.

Wait @TheYoungPyromancer was roleblocked by Autonomy? I probably missed something?

7 minutes ago, randuir said:

There's one thing I overlooked, and that is that Autonomy's aspects allow everyone on the aspected world to get a bit of autonomy's investiture every cycle. However, we've got autonomy's action all accounted for, namely N0: take autonomy, C1 worldhop and place aspect, C2: worldhop and place aspect.

Vessels get three actions per cycle. I'm pretty sure Autonomy could have used two actions on D2 to worldhop to Scadrial and create an Aspect, then used a Shardic action last night to roleblock Pyromancer.

25 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

I trust HH.  Autonomy claimed to have scanned him as village.  No, Autonomy is still village, and they claim to wish to work with the village even if they are converted.

However, Autonomy wouldn't have had enough actions to roleblock you and scan HH. I'm also not sure what makes you believe that Autonomy is necessarily village, nor what would make Autonomy sure that HH was village.

3 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Vessels get three actions per cycle. I'm pretty sure Autonomy could have used two actions on D2 to worldhop to Scadrial and create an Aspect, then used a Shardic action last night to roleblock Pyromancer.

You're right. I was under the mistaken impression that non-invested got 1 action per cycle, not per half of a cycle. So autonomy would have an action left to roleblock Pyro. Which is a shame, because if this hadn't been the case, I'd just found Hoid.

Edited by randuir

1 minute ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

and gains an extra action

Only one extra action so that's 2 actions. Hmm...

2 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

However, Autonomy wouldn't have had enough actions to roleblock you and scan HH. I'm also not sure what makes you believe that Autonomy is necessarily village, nor what would make Autonomy sure that HH was village.

This

20 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

I thought they scanned as a power.  They claimed they had a very good reason for trusting him.  I just assumed. And no, HH is not Autonomy.  I know who Autonomy is for sure.  It isn't just a claim.

Just now, randuir said:

No, they get one per turn, turn meaning day or night turn if I'm not mistaken (right, @Seonid?). That means Shards get 3, and normal people 2 per cycle.

Vessels: A Vessel holds a Shard of Adonalsium, and survives the first attack made against them during the game (this protection does not apply to the lynch). Each Shard confers a powerful Shardic ability upon the bearer that can be used during the Night Turn, and gains an extra action each Cycle that can be used in either Turn. Shardic abilities may target players on any world, regardless of the location of the Vessel. In addition, during the Day Turn, a Vessel may choose to use an action to invest in a player on the same world as they are. A player that has been invested by a Shard gains a new role until the end of the following Day Turn. A Shard cannot invest in another Vessel. If they attempt to do so, the action will fail, as if it had been roleblocked.

One action that can be used in any turn, one not two for each turn.

Discussion stalls. 

Claims, rumors to return Shards abound,

Confusing many.

Confusion abounding, Shards return to rumored claims,

Stalling discussion.

That’s a bad ketek, and doesn’t really capture my point well, but what I’m trying to say is that the thread and lynch discussion shouldn’t stall from this kind of hearsay-based discussion. While I’d appreciate a speedy resolution to this conundrum, I’d also like to hear a bit from people outside the context of this weird situation that’s sprung up. 

So, @Arinian, @Devotary of Spontaneity, do either of you have thoughts unrelated to the current situation about the lynch?

Edited by Fifth Scholar

Sorry for not posting yet, i wanted to finish taking notes on the previous cycles, but everytime i do that, i get bored 5 pages in. So i'll just talk a bit about this turn for now.

On 3/23/2018 at 2:15 AM, livinglegend said:

Of all shards, Honor is the last in containment? I'd have thought a protection role would have been a higher priority for all three factions. Especially the conversion ones

Eh, with Braize gone, and Preservation in Play, maybe people decided the ratio of kills to protects was fine? Plus, you know, no one had died yet. When there is no evidence of kills happening, there is no pressing need to grab protection.

On 3/23/2018 at 7:32 AM, TheYoungPyromancer said:

Why don't you guys trust me?  I swear by Honor I will give them back.  Plus, I wouldn't get Odium and Ruin at the same time.  That would leave me vulnerable to the other one.  Plus, in your theoretical situation, it would be impossible for me to win with either Hoid or Khriss's sudden death, so the village would be highly likely to win.

21 hours ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

I confirmed Autonomy through logic and got a positive response from the suspect.  Wow.  That sounds kind of creepy...

Turns out Autonomy roleblocked me.  They do not wish to reveal their identity.

@A Joe in the Bush, do you have any other suggestions on how I could help the village?

Why wouldn't you get Ruin and Odium at the same time?

I don't have any suggestions, sorry.

4 hours ago, Straw said:

Well, looks like it’s time to reveal that I’m Preservation. Proof: on D2, I invested in @Magestar. If you guys want further proof, you can decide on someone for me to invest in, and I’ll invest in them. So far, I haven’t gained a unique win condition.

Why Magestar in the first place?

3 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Okay, no. Seriously, why is this happening? Retracting votes from Straw because he claimed a Shard is not a good idea. If you found him suspicious, why does the fact that he holds a Shard make him any less so? Shouldn’t that increase your desire to lynch him, because you want a Shard out of Eliminator hands? I’m not saying Straw should be lynched, but this does not seem like a good reason for removing votes, at all, if you found his behavior off in the first place. Especially considering he claimed Preservation, which means he was probably going for an extra life. Just saying.

And I think I’ll vote Hemalurgic Headshot again. That post was, to put it lightly, odd. Why would elim!Drought have any particular incentive to vote D2, unless a fellow Elim was up for the lynch? I’d argue that villagers have more of a need to vote than Eliminators, because any vote an Elim makes is traceable by villagers, and can be used as evidence later. Whereas villagers’ only contribution at times is the lynch itself, so their main role is to vote for who they find suspect. So on an average cycle, a villager has more incentive to vote than an Eliminator, at least in my view. As further reason to suspect you, you provided next to no evidence for your Arinian vote. And there’s all the points that Elbereth and I bring up about your previous posts. 

@_Stick_, you might have to eat your hat and bowtie :D 

If this was a normal vil vs Elim game, i would declare this post strongly village, and trust Fifth. But, since there are two elim factions, the elims still want other Elims lynched.