Yes, ecth said that scans aren't infallible so.. my apologies to aster i was asleep last night when I tried to lynch him, I still do not think he is good, but yitzi is a good vote. I am worried that Drake is evil and yitzi is some kind of landmine, lynch him and we all die. But, who cares. I have something that will roleblock, however, shockers lenses, which I will be using on yitzi in the hope that that undermines any kind of self-defense. We will have to see what happens. 

:angry: I looked through the thread and my RP was lost.

I've been busy for the past day and wil be buysy the rest of the day today. Ill put a vote on yitzi but it really doesn't matter at this point I think. I should be able to get on late this cycle maybe t do more or in  the night.

Edited by Clanky

That wasn’t the worst part. Twenty—no, thirty Dakhor stood guard at the city gates. They bared their teeth and drew their weapons. “Nice of you to join us,” one said. “We will burn your corpses with the others.” Gunfire rang out from the line of worldhoppers. A few dakhor fell. Silver Feather darted upwards to a rooftop, where he squeezed off the rest of his rounds.

Tossing the now-useless revolver aside, he hopped down onto the spearhead of one of the Dakhor, where he perched insolently. The abomination whipped the spear back and forth, trying to dislodge the bird. Eventually it succeeded, but the bird flew up and landed on it's head, where it held tight. Now berserk with rage, the dakhor let out a howl as it tried to catch the nimble bird.

The bird landed on the head of another monk, facing the opposite direction. The second dakhor paused slightly at the pressure on it's head, before the enraged first dakhor brought it's spear down at the bird with all the strength it had. The roadrunner hopped away. When the blood cleared from it's eyes, it was standing over the corpse of it's fellow and the roadrunner was on the other end of the battlefield, pointing a boomstick at it. BOOM.

“Looks like we’ve searched this whole area,” Eobard said. They had split into groups to hunt the Dakhor; Strider, Eobard, Facemask, and the bird had comprised one group. After looking through their corner of the glowing city, they hadn’t even seen a mouse. “I think we’re clear—“

“Ex-ter-minate. Ex-ter-minate.” A group of what looked like huge metallic salt shakers came around a corner. Silver had bad memories of salt shakers. He sprinted away.

Silver was treading carefully  If I could just get past Mr. Hooded Cloak, it thought, maybe I could pickpocket the Vessel’s body….

Its thoughts trailed off as it saw Aona’s body and the cloaked man. His hood was still down, and he was weeping. As soon as he saw the bird, a look of utter hatred blanketed his face. “If you come one step closer to her, I will kill you so fast you won’t even need a trial.” Then he fell to his knees and sobbed. Poor guy. He looked pretty distraught. Maybe he needed a feel better soon card.

As Silver Feather walked back to the group, he found a pair of glasses lying on the ground. They might be useful.

So Requiem was the doctor. The Wanderer was a traitor. That slimy Vulture Sam was still suspicious. Eobard was dead. Someone needed to give him a decent burial, poor guy. Silver had kind of liked him. ppil was also an evil traitor. Figures. Roadrunner held out the other item he had found on the ground, which appeared to be a can with some kind of opening. When he pressed the opening, this really cool green stuff shot out and coated whatever he pointed it at. Holding the can in his long talons, he spraypainted 51LV3R F347H3R 15 C00L on the wall. This was kind of fun.

(Why? Because who wouldn't want to graffiti Elantris?)

(More than enough)

Edited by Roadwalker

16. Aralis (Araris Valerian) - former head-thumper back from the dead Slight Evil lean.

Yes! I'm evil. Now I can thwack people with impunity! While I'm here, I'll toss my vote on Yitzi. I would like to point out that I have already made a statement that should be pretty alignment indicative, depending on how you judge it. If I was lying about misunderstanding the format of the game, then I'm an elim. If not, then I'm village. Mostly because elims get docs, and thus would know how the game works.

I'll try and come up with at least one other suspicion before the end of the cycle. But I'm feeling kinda blegh, so I'll have to see.

Edited by Araris Valerian

30 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Yes! I'm evil. Now I can thwack people with impunity! While I'm here, I'll toss my vote on Yitzi. I would like to point out that I have already made a statement that should be pretty alignment indicative, depending on how you judge it. If I was lying about misunderstanding the format of the game, then I'm an elim. If not, then I'm village. Mostly because elims get docs, and thus would know how the game works.

I'll try and come up with at least one other suspicion before the end of the cycle. But I'm feeling kinda blegh, so I'll have to see.

Actually, I consider those sorts of statements NAI as a rule, especially when it comes from an experienced player. :P Too easy to go either way. You're not a strong suspicion currently, just stronger than the baseline. :P 

So...I'm back and I'm confused lol

I guess I'll go along with the Doctor's claim, but I have no idea what I said going on really. I'll probably remember to RP later, but I might forget to. Yitzi

I have to remove my vote from Yitzi.  While I know this will make me look suspicious, it is something that I have to do from an RP standpoint.  I cannot lynch my lawyer if I want any chance of successfully suing Cloaky.

Just did a quick scan of the thread. I'm with Drake on this. Yitzi.  Hopefully I can contribute more tomorrow. I've got an intention to try to give my first reads on people. For now:

Laust opened his eyes. A bird running about. A guy smashing some dakhor with a stick. Daleks joining in on the fun. Odium making occasional announcements. What the h*** is going on!? He was in the city, now shiny and bright. But he couldn't do much against these dangerous looking enemies. He swiftly ducked in a side alleyway and jumped on the wall, catching the lip of the building and pulled himself over. Laying down on the roof, Laust closed his eyes again. Only if I had my powers, he thought to himself. As it is now, he was powerless and could only help if there were people already ganging up on someone. He heard a sound. Opening his eyes and looking down at the street to his right, he saw the ones from the pool trying to corner someone who seemed to be one of them.

Ah, now that's something I can help with. Thinking this, he jumps over and heads toward the place where the Wanderer was being attacked.

Apologies all. I've spent the day with El, and so haven't had time to finish looking through the thread.. I intend to do so during the night cycle, before I sleep tonight.

I'm with Aonar on this, and think that there must be some sort of catch. I'm not going to vote on Yitzi tonight. I would like to see a lynch of Drake tomorrow. I can see a play where if there is a catch, such as everyone involved in the lynch of Odium losing a life, a thug eliminator leading the lynch to become a cleared villager, and causing a host of deaths. Unlikely, but I want to see Drake confirmed village.

36 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

Apologies all. I've spent the day with El, and so haven't had time to finish looking through the thread.. I intend to do so during the night cycle, before I sleep tonight.

I'm with Aonar on this, and think that there must be some sort of catch. I'm not going to vote on Yitzi tonight. I would like to see a lynch of Drake tomorrow. I can see a play where if there is a catch, such as everyone involved in the lynch of Odium losing a life, a thug eliminator leading the lynch to become a cleared villager, and causing a host of deaths. Unlikely, but I want to see Drake confirmed village.

Thank you?

Odium is the shard of hatred. he has caused the splintering of multiple other shards. Vessel name: Rayse. Big bad guy. Hoid calls him crafty. In SA timeframe, is bound to Braize, where he gets to torture the heralds. Evil, evil evil guy. Lots of plots and plans. Is (essentially) the guy who causes parshendi to evil. Causes desolations.

Edited by Roadwalker

2 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

Odium is the shard of hatred. he has caused the splintering of multiple other shards. Vessel name: Rayse. Big bad guy. Hoid calls him crafty.

You Rock Road! (does anyone else want ice cream now that I said that? XD) haha thanks tho!

soooooo is this a ploy to kill lots of villagers? Or a ploy by the evils to get us not to vote on Yitzi? :ThonkingButCool:

6 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

You Rock Road! (does anyone else want ice cream now that I said that? XD) haha thanks tho!

soooooo is this a ploy to kill lots of villagers? Or a ploy by the evils to get us not to vote on Yitzi? :ThonkingButCool:

It's highly unlikely to be a plot - I'm merely paranoid. I think Drake can be trusted, but want to verify it regardless. I'm definitely not advocating a lynch of Drake today, though.

(Might want to take your vote off him then, Orlok. Haven't done a vote count yet (plan to edit one into this post in a few minutes), but I'd prefer no vote-manip accidents this turn if things end up close. I agree though that if a major crem-storm goes down because of the Yitzi lynch a Drake lynch regardless of Yitzi's alignment might be viable.)

Also would not be surprised if Yitzi has an extra life if nothing else. 

Likewise, given Stink's suicide by Essence Mark, I feel like Yitzi has abilities relating to the Spiritual Realm, assuming he's Odium. While arbitrary suicide out of stubbornness isn't completely outside the norm for Stink, it feels a little odd given his alignment. :P 

Edit: Votecount!

Yitzi (10/9): Drake, Asterion, Cloud, Alv, Orlok, Brightness, Manukos, Clanky, Araris, Striker, Mega, Roadwalker

Araris (0/1): Orlok (Never retracted.)

Asterion (0/1): Roadwalker (Never retracted.)

Drake (1/0): Orlok

(Second number is if Ecth only takes first unretracted, first is if Ecth takes most recent.)

Edited by Aonar Faileas

Locke Tekiel was rather bemused by the… interesting events that had occurred over the last forty eight hours. He'd seen a great deal in his dozens of lives, but nothing quite this ridiculous. Intentional suicide, single minded automatons, a trial involving Odium... at some point, Locke was going to settle down if he could convince Atiela to stop her constant body-hopping, and perhaps open a legal practice. He'd always been adept at spotting loopholes, and certainly enjoyed the practise of law. Perhaps he'd offer himself to the Hooded Man as a lawyer pro bono. Fighting Odium in court would build him quite the reputation.

He looked at the chaos still surrounding him and sighed. Whatever would Kiireon have thought if she'd known that this was happening during her reign? She'd been distracted by other matters, he supposed, but it was still quite the oversight to miss such chaos. An alternate timeline, or some other kind of invisibility to the people of Sel? Something intriguing was occurring, at the very least. He would stay long enough to investigate a little further and see if he could make anything of the chaos. 

Assuming he wasn't killed yet again in the confusion, at least.

Chapter 4: The Shattering of Odium

Note: The events of this episode do not reflect the canon. Contains minor Elantris spoilers.

Requiem stood atop the mountain shardpool. "Checkmate. Your move."

“COME AND FIND ME, THEN,” said the Dalek in Odium’s voice. Then it exploded.

Requiem dived into the pool as pieces of shrapnel flew overhead. When he resurfaced, the Daleks were gone. He heaved himself back up onto the shore and looked around. Nothing.

“Ambition, I need you as soon as possible,” he spoke to the air. There was no response.

“Ambition? Are you there?”

This time, he heard a faint voice in his mind: “Ba…va…din…”

Bavadin. Requiem kicked himself. Of course Odium had a cohort! And another Shard, no less. Ambition needed his help. He needed to get to Threnody, and he couldn’t do it alone.

-

The cloaked man felled the last of the Dakhor with his fist. As the dust from the battle cleared, he heard approaching footsteps. He turned and saw Requiem. He was wounded and looked exhausted.

“Going somewhere?” he asked Requiem.

“Yes. But first, there’s something I need to ask you. Are you Skai, bearer of Dominion?”

He chuckled. “Very astute of you. I’m impressed. No, I am not Skai. He died long ago. Murdered by Rayse. But you are not far from the truth.

“You see, Dominion was not Splintered right when its twin Devotion was. As Skai watched the woman he loved die and her power scatter, knowing that he would follow soon after, he Invested much of Dominion’s power into one mortal, granting him knowledge and power beyond comprehension. This mortal did not become a Shard, nor even a Sliver. But Skai poured his power, his conscience, into him. He gave this mortal one command, then stepped out to Rayse with his arms open. He was cut down on the spot. The mortal watched. I watched.

“After Skai’s death, Rayse left. I buried him on this planet and built a city around it. Elantris, the city of the gods. It was a foolish and ironic name; it housed only the body of one god and an empty space beside it.

“I was created with one purpose: to reunite him and Aona in the grave. I intend to fulfill that purpose.” His eyes narrowed. “And I also intend to get vengeance on her murderer.”

-

The hooded man, Skai’s Remnant, approached the Wanderer.

“Hello, Odium.”

The Wanderer’s eyes turned red, and the other acolytes backed away.  “I RECOGNIZE THAT VOICE. SKAI? NO, IT CAN’T BE. I KILLED YOU EONS AGO.”

“That you did. Or should I say, you killed most of me. And the part that you left behind doesn’t intend to let that slide.”

“YOU ARE NOT A SHARD. YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER ME.”

“Oh? I beg to differ, ‘my lord’. You are up against the power of not one, but two gods, both of them greater than you will ever be.”

“HEH, YOU ARE A FOOL. YOUR GODS WERE SPLINTERED AND THE POWER LOST THROUGHOUT THE COGNITIVE REALM.”

“Lost? Or simply dispersed, waiting to be called upon? Look around you, Rayse. It is everywhere, surrounding everything. Look at the shining city. Look at the demons we fought. Look at the physical bodies of everyone around you. All born of the dispersed power. Aona and Skai never died; they are always with me!”

“I. KILLED. THEM. AS I WILL NOW KILL YOU AND FINISH WHAT I STARTED MILLENIA AGO.” The Wanderer smiled, red eyes glinting. “I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS.”

The cloaked man removed his hood. “You have no idea.”

-

Heather watched from below as, in the elevated central square of Elantris, Hood squared off against Rayse. Neither appeared to be armed.

She felt a tap from behind. Turning around, she saw Requiem. “We have a problem,” he said. “How fast can you get us to Threnody?”

“Me?” she asked. “Why me? I don’t even know what’s going on here. If you—“

“Please. Take me to Threnody. The fate of this world—no, of all the worlds—depends on it.”

-

Skai’s Remnant and Odium stood ready for battle. Then the entire world changed, and they were surrounded by the mountains of JinDo.

“YOU ARE POWERLESS HERE. OUTSIDE ELANTRIS, YOUR MAGIC IS COMPLETELY IMPOTENT. YOU REALLY ARE A FOOL.”

“No, Rayse, you are the fool. For I am of Dominion, and this entire planet is my dominion.”

Skai’s Remnant sprang into battle. Rayse hastily drew his sword in defense. His unarmed opponent sped up, seemingly dancing, his hands trailing light. A punch went through, hitting Rayse’s shoulder, then another, and another. Bones broke, and Skai’s Remnant pulled his fist back covered in blood. Rayse swung his sword, but it was cut in half by a bladed hand. The sword glowed, fell to the ground, and shattered.

It felt good using ChayShan, the magic of JinDo, again.

Skai’s Remnant spun in for another flurry of blows, and it was clear that his attacks, enhanced by ChayShan, were too much for Rayse. He stumbled backwards and changed the world again.

They were in Rose now, and just as suddenly as the magic had come, it stopped. Rayse easily deflected the next punch and returned it with one of his own, sending Skai’s Remnant flying. He landed on his feet.

As Rayse threw his broken sword aside and unsheathed another, Skai’s Remnant slammed his hand into the ground, Forging it. You are rock, but could once have been magma. A fissure opened in the ground, splitting the earth in two and spreading in Rayse’s direction. He deftly jumped over the fissure before the ground opened beneath him.

“No matter where you take me, my gods are still with me!” Skai’s Remnant shouted.

He Forged again and again, shattering the ground and opening a chasm under Rayse. Off-balance from his last jump, a spray of hot rock hit him, dropping him to the ground. He caught the edge of the ravine which had moments ago been a road and changed the world again.

Dzhamar. Skai’s Remnant lifted a hand, soaked in Rayse’s blood and drew a circle in the sand. His enemy lunged, but was deflected by the invisible ward, the force of his slash directed back at him, disarming him. Skai’s Remnant caught the sword and turned it against him. Rayse threw up a barrier of power and summoned a glowing red dueling blade. Their weapons sparked and clashed.

The scenery changed once again: Elantris. Rayse attacked with all his might, throwing bolt after bolt of red energy. Skai’s Remnant ducked and rolled side to side, dodging behind burning ruins and fallen pillars. He stopped behind one such pillar and began drawing lines in the air.

The pillar exploded, and there was nothing between him and Rayse’s destructive beams except one symbol of light hanging in the air. Aon Ehe. Fire.

Skai’s Remnant slashed his finger across the Aon, adding the final line. A line of fire shot out directly at Rayse, hitting him square in the chest and lifting him across the temple, where he slammed into a pillar and fell to the ground.

Skai’s Remnant walked over to Rayse, who was not getting off the ground, and spat at him. “Pathetic. This is the man who killed Skai and Aona? This is the man who claimed he was omnipotent, who could not be defeated?”

“YOU CANNOT…DEFEAT ME…ALONE……” Rayse croaked.

“And I don’t need to.” He grinned triumphantly. “NOW!

Three people faded into being: Requiem, Heather, and the third a huge figure cloaked in blue energy, floating a few inches above the ground. Lightning crackled around him, and he emanated an aura of pure power. He held his arm out and a giant glowing spear coalesced from the air.

“Farewell.” He spat on Rayse, then twirled the spear and thrust it straight down through Rayse’s heart.

The spear made contact. A great clap of thunder, greater even than the heavens, pierced Elantris.

“GYAAAAAAAAAHH!”  

Rayse’s body shattered like glass, the spear exploding in violent red light.

Then silence.

TO BE CONTINUED within a few hours.

Yitzi2 has died! He has passed to the Cognitive Realm. Here is his autopsy report:

Spoiler

59757cde3ee01_YitziAutopsy.thumb.png.2276c7deb80346c62ef90eb46893932b.png

And here is his will:

Spoiler

Yes, The Wanderer has been temporarily given the persona of Rayse (AKA Odium) for this adventure.

No, that is not all there is to The Wanderer.  Whether you’ll find out more this game depends on whether and when he returns from the Spiritual Realm.  Otherwise, it’ll have to wait for later.

I sincerely hope the game was balanced based on the knowledge that one of the elims was completely unreliable.

Regarding items: I would like to assign them all randomly.

The Physical Realm

5. Lucky Duke (Cloudjumper) - handy with a barrel
7. Vulture Sam (asterion137) - a card hustler
8. Jaspian (StrikerEZ) - talks to a stick
9. BrightnessRadiant as Herself - very confused worldhopper
10. Liz Allan (Sami) - terribly confused Marvel fanatic
11. Ister Mo (Manukos) - likes camping
12. Tautali Laust (Megasif) - valiant Radiant on a journey of self-discovery
14. Dr. C (Clanky) - Rickrolling mad scientist
15. Locke Tekiel (OrlokTsubodai) - I feel like this guy's died before
17. Aran (Aonar Faileas) - the hunter
18. Requiem (Drake Marshall) - Kyner from the future
19. Silver Feather (Roadwalker) - deep in thought
1. Mr, Red Facemask (Alvron) - likes to use commas
2. An Innocent Man (A Joe in the Bush) - definitely harmless
13. Daniyah as Herself - first blackout game!
16. Aralis (Araris Valerian) - former head-thumper back from the dead

The Cognitive Realm

3. Alvron (Straw) - a very confusing guy was Kiin
4. Eobard Thawne (The Flash) - DEFINITELY not an evil speedster was Arelon Villager
6. The Wanderer (Yitzi2) - definitely not Hoid was Odium

The Spiritual Realm

20. ppil (STINK) - had some beef with Phil

gre_1500955200.png

Edited by Ecthelion III