16 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

asterion. How do you "know" that there is a doctor?

You sound so sure right here. I do not think there has been any discussion of a doctor in thread.

The other point, though pretty feeble is why call him a doctor and not a guardian angel or a bodyguard or something? I do not have time to Ctrl-f through all your activity for guardian angel to see what you call it in past games, but I think this is rather incriminating. I know you could assume that there is a doctor, which is the argument you will use, but I see this as something against you. This in addition to you talking about Odium as a role, when that had not been put forward already in-thread. These two stand against you. The argument that is probably the most effective is you "assume" or something. I say you are our best lynch target right now, if I am wrong then we are in pretty much the same position, with a villager or two down, but if my gut and my brain read right...

Please join me in lynching @asterion137, who I believe is our best lynch target right now.

(This may seem like a lot of unfounded stuff, but he is probably the most suspicious, and if my gut were in charge he would already be strung up.)

maybe because the Doctor was in the write up cast as a character? As in, the Doctor from Doctor Who

21 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

“Poor sap. Odium didn’t even bother to do a clean job, or even get the real one.”

Suddenly, lasers shot out of nowhere. The Daleks had waited.

The person ducked behind a building and vanished. “Allons-y!” (Is this the doctor catchphrase? I dont watch it or read it, I just have a friend who does.) Also, I do not see a british accent.

Edited by Roadwalker

If you guys bust my gut read on aster (William the Conqueror anyone?)

My next suspicions are:

Edit: oh okay doctor... So you say you forgot to capitalize?

Edit: I need to go soon, but why do you think doctor who is one of the character?

Suspicions are br and yitzi, who are both too quiet. When they are villagers, they give us lots of nice stuff. (just basically more got.)

Albert Vron and Orlok are pretyty much cleared for me.

Edited by Roadwalker

4 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

If you guys bust my gut read on aster (William the Conqueror anyone?)

My next suspicions are:

Edit: oh okay doctor... So you say you forgot to capitalize?

Edit: I need to go soon, but why do you think doctor who is one of the character?

Suspicions are br and yitzi, who are both too quiet. When they are villagers, they give us lots of nice stuff. (just basically more got.)

Albert Vron and Orlok are pretyty much cleared for me.

Why do you consider Alvron and myself cleared? I'm suspicious of Alv, and am uncertain as to why you'd consider me cleared. Your logic would be interesting to see, to ensure this isn't just "pocketing".

1 hour ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

Why do you consider Alvron and myself cleared? I'm suspicious of Alv, and am uncertain as to why you'd consider me cleared. Your logic would be interesting to see, to ensure this isn't just "pocketing".

I think it's cause we used our Marks last cycle and therefore can't have placed ode Problem with that line of thinking is that we can place two actions each night so long as we didn't use any during the day which would, I'm assuming, include the kill.  I admit that I am currently unsure if an Incorporeal player can place kill orders.

3 minutes ago, Alvron said:

I think it's cause we used our Marks last cycle and therefore can't have placed ode Problem with that line of thinking is that we can place two actions each night so long as we didn't use any during the day which would, I'm assuming, include the kill.  I admit that I am currently unsure if an Incorporeal player can place kill orders.

I used my mark on N0, rather than N1. 

@Alvron, your own thoughts and suspicions?

1 minute ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

I used my mark on N0, rather than N1. 

@Alvron, your own thoughts and suspicions?

Right, it was Araris that didn't use his Mark N0, not you.  Oops.

None at moment really.  I've been a little tied up with RL today.  Am going thread to see what's been said. Give me two hours and I should have some thoughts for you.

And for my next trick! It's time to change things up a little.

6 - Demons Run

Requiem faced the Dakhor, mind racing. Everything was going wrong. The Dakhor fought the Elantrians. This was not a simple physical reality; it represented a much vaster conflict. In the cognitive realm, Rayse was turning the powers of Devotion and Dominion against each other, tearing the two shards apart. Murdering their vessels. Requiem had travelled to the time before Devotion and Dominion had perished. He had travelled to the exact time and place where gods were going to die.

Requiem sidestepped a charging Dakhor, blocking the monster's blow off his forearms. He wore the discarded gauntlets of a dead Arelon soldier, which he had altered. They had acquired the telltale mirror-like surface given by the first reshaping, and they were hard enough to weather the blows of the Dakhor. Otherwise, he was unarmed. He needed to find a way to deal with the Dakhor. The creatures were completely blood-crazed, so probably most forms of distraction were out the window. These creatures were of Dominion... Perhaps that intent could be used against them. Hmm...

His thoughts were interrupted by a suprise arrival. Behind the Dakhor Requiem faced, several people entered the physical realm, heralded by a burst of displacement-induced wind. It was the rest of the group who had remained in the cognitive realm, and the hooded man himself. Hood wore a look of unadulterated rage, and as he landed he delivered the Dakhor a kick that cracked bone. For a moment, the new arrivals held off the Dakhor, fighting them back.

An instant before it happened, Requiem saw something in the shade-world. A movement in the cognitive realm, like a ripple across the surface of a previously calm ocean. Then the dam holding the ocean at bay exploded into a thousand pieces.

The walls lit up all at once, blinding him for a moment. The Elantrians seemed to be rejuvenated, the fires quenched, their bodies healed, and their skin glowing just as brightly as the walls.

And the demons fled. “Follow them!” the cloaked man commanded. Strider and the others ran to the streets in pursuit. “Let’s hunt some Dakhor.”

With that, Cloak started chasing after the fleeing Dakhor, a look of fury still etched across his face.

7- Divine Wrath

There were no Dakhor in sight. It looked, for a moment, like there was peace.
But of course, there was no peace. In the distance, Requiem could hear them:
“Ex-ter-minate! Ex-ter-minate!”

Daleks.
Odium's perfect soldiers, devoid of anything but hatred for everything.
Requiem ran towards the sounds. By the time he reached them, it was too late. Eobard was long dead.

Requiem searched the city to find the others. He found Hood, cradling a woman he didn't recognize. She wasn't breathing.

"Hood... Who is that?" he asked. Hood didn't answer.

The dead woman had a mark tattooed on her arm... Aon Aon. Requiem's eyes widened.

"Is that... Is that Aona?" He asked incredulously. "Shadows... Rayse actually killed her." He bowed his head.

Beneath the surface, he was still trying to analyze the situation. What did it say about Hood that he grieved so strongly for Aona? He would have had to have known Aona before the shattering, and cared deeply for her... Requiem was no expert on the time before the shattering, but only one person came to mind. Could this mysterious hooded man be Skai, vessel of Dominion?

Requiem didn't know the answer. And he didn't think it would be wise to disturb Hood a second time.

Could any of this be stopped? Odium was going to splinter Dominion. And then he was going to travel to Threnody, and splinter Ambition. And then he would desolate Roshar. What's more, Odium already had done those things. History was already written.

Not on my watch.
History could be changed. Time could be rewritten. From a nonlinear, non-subjective viewpoint - time was like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
At least eighty percent of the time, creating a time paradox didn't divide by zero and destroy the universe.

All he needed was a plan to defeat Rayse.

8 - An Ambitious Course

Requiem stood atop the Atad mountains, standing waste-deep in Devotion's shardpool. The first sliver of the sun was just starting to creep over the horizon in the east. The others were still in Elantris as far as he could tell. And the Daleks were still terrorizing the city. It would be good to put a stop to that.

Requiem tapped into the second reshaping. This one was significantly less expensive than the first reshaping, but he still wouldn't have been able to do what he was about to do without some help from Devotion's shardpool. He changed the entire mountain, dramatically altering the way the rock would interact with sound. Because rock and not a pure material, the effects were not permanent. The reshaping would wear off in just a few minutes.

Now, to attract the attention of an evil god of hatred.

Across Elantris, a deep pitched bell sounded, reverberating off every surface, and then slowly fading into the air. It was the exact same knell that rang incessantly in the shade-world on Threnody.

"Daleks!!!" a voice thundered from the mountaintops, amplified beyond natural proportions.
Requiem winced. At this rate, he would give himself hearing damage. Still, he could get a new body if he needed it.

"Daleks!!!" he repeated, "Up here!!!"
For a moment, Requiem heard nothing but the ringing in his ears. Then, scattered across the city, voices.

"I-den-tify yourseelf! I-den-tify yourseelf!!!" The Daleks were lifting off into the air and slowly gathering around the mountain, like a flock of very ugly birds. Requiem soon faced the entire armada of Daleks, suspended in the air surrounding the mountain peak he stood upon.

"You know who I am!!!" Requiem shouted. "I'M THE DOCTOR!!!"

EX-TER-MINATE!!!! EX-TER-MINATE!!!! EX-TER-MINATE!!!!

A wave of death hit Requiem from all sides as the Daleks fired. Requiem died instantly and his body was promptly reduced to ashes.

"...and, hello again!" Requiem said, emerging from the shardpool, unharmed, and for some reason wearing a bowtie. "Miss me?"

Another volley of death lasers converged on Requiem, disintegrating his body.

"You really ought to stop doing that," he said, emerging from the shardpool a second time. This time, the Daleks held their fire.

"And now that's over with... None of you know what to do now. So you're going to phone your leader and ask for help."

The Daleks hovered in front of him silently, considering Requiem's words. Their solitary blue eyes were all trained on him.

Then the lead Dalek's eye turned a deep red, and red lightning crackled around it. Odium's voice emananted from the Dalek.

"YOU." Rayse said. "WHY HAVE YOU COME HERE?"

"I don't suppose you'd be willing to just call it quits and leave right now, would you?"

The Daleks opened fire again, killing Requiem again. He emerged a moment later from the shardpool.

"I assume that was a no. Unsurprising. In that case... I'm here to kill you."

Odium laughed at this. There was something truly disconcerting about a laugh that didn't have a trace of happiness in it. "NOBODY HERE CAN CHALLENGE ME. I HAVE DEFEATED AONA, AND I WILL DEFEAT SKAI. ALL THE THREADS OF THE FUTURE ARE VISIBLE BEFORE ME, AND I SEE NONE OF THEM IN WHICH YOU CAN STOP ME."

"Yes, well. The thing about seeing the future is, there's always the possibility that somebody else can see it better than you. Such as... Ambition."

"AMBITION IS NOT HERE, AND IS NO MATCH FOR MY POWER REGARDLESS."

"Yes, Ambition is not here. Ambition is on Threnody, to be exact."

"SO THAT IS WHERE AMBITION HIDES... THANK YOU, MORTAL. YOU HAVE DONE ME A SERVICE. I WILL BE VISITING THRENODY, ONCE SKAI IS DEAD."

"No, you won't. Thing is-- and please bear with me, because this gets a bit complicated-- I originate from a time in the future where you've already splintered Ambition. The relevant point of that is that my... Condition, is a result of being bound to one of Ambition's splinters.

And with my connection to the now living shard of Ambition, I've just called for backup. Ambition should arrive on Sel soon."

"BY THE TIME AMBITION ARRIVES, DOMINION WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF. AMBITION WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FIGHT ME ALONE."

"Correct! But wait! There's more!

First, I'm standing in the middle of a shardpool! This is the nexus of Devotion's power, and Devotion is very, very cross with you right now.

And second, I've literally been shouting this whole conversation from the mountaintops. And below us, there's a whole city full of people positively seething with the power of Devotion. If all those people verbally consent to it, the power of this shardpool can be unleashed against you. You will be fighting both Devotion and Dominion at once. And before you can gain the upper hand, Ambition will join the fray.

And third, you can't run away from this, because your vessel is stuck in the physical realm right now, infiltrating Hood's party under the alias "Wanderer." I took the liberty of scanning the spiritual DNA of some of the people in our group.

I know that you have other agents infiltrating our group. This won't be over until all your agents are dealt with. But for now...

Checkmate. Your move."

TL;DR:

I'm the Doctor.

I had far, far too much fun revealing that in my RP.

I have two abilities. The first is an ability to scan people's spiritual DNA. This is basically the opposite of what a sheriff role does in a typical mafia game, because I get a guilty result on the Godfather (Odium), but I don't get a guilty result on any of the other mafia if I scan them.

The second ability is a passive power that makes it so that killing me won't do what you want it to do (time lords being able to regenerate and all that). This is why I don't really care about revealing myself.

I decided not to reveal immediately, because suggesting the Yitzi lynch without claiming let me gauge people's reactions. I venture to say that my plan worked in that capacity, because in waiting to reveal, I let Asterion soft-clear themselves by voting on Yitzi. So good job, Asterion. If there are any protective roles (ironically the one called "Doctor" can't protect other players), I recommend they consider protecting Asterion, because they are all but confirmed to be villager.

But at this point, I think I've allowed enough time for information gathering. Plus I'm getting bored. Plus, I'd feel a lot better about this if the vote was closed to the possibility of vote manipulators. Hence, going public.

I nearly revealed my identity on accident, in the early game, by displaying my ignorance of the essence marks. Because Ecthelion never told me what they were. This is why I was watching very carefully to see if anybody else did the same.

And so when Yitzi made his remark about essence marks, I scanned him. And his spiritual DNA is glowing red with the power of Odium.

To Yitzi, I'm kind of sorry about this, because this feels like I got really lucky to find you this early.

So. I hereby declare any discussion on today's lynch to be over.

Please don't let that be the end of all discussion, however. You should just be discussing tomorrow's lynch, not today's.

Edited by Drake Marshall

Well, that's very interesting.

@OrlokTsubodai I have my suspicion for you.  After a very careful read of Drakes posts, I've come to the conclusion that Yitzi is very likely to be evil. :P 

@Drake Marshall Great work.  At least I hope you are who you say you are and aren't just making a sacrifice play to take out a power role for the village.

5 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Right, it was Araris that didn't use his Mark N0, not you.  Oops.

None at moment really.  I've been a little tied up with RL today.  Am going thread to see what's been said. Give me two hours and I should have some thoughts for you.

Of course. I hope everything is ok for you, and look forward to hearing your suspicions as and when you produce them. In light of your response Drake's post (and yes, I have just spent 10 minutes trying to get the shard to cooperate with my deleting the RP in the quote), do you have any other suspicions?

3 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

TL;DR:

I'm the Doctor.

I had far, far too much fun revealing that in my RP.

I have two abilities. The first is an ability to scan people's spiritual DNA. This is basically the opposite of what a sheriff role does in a typical mafia game, because I get a guilty result on the Godfather (Odium), but I don't get a guilty result on any of the other mafia if I scan them.

The second ability is a passive power that makes it so that killing me won't do what you want it to do (time lords being able to regenerate and all that). This is why I don't really care about revealing myself.

I decided not to reveal immediately, because suggesting the Yitzi lynch without claiming let me gauge people's reactions. I venture to say that my plan worked in that capacity, because in waiting to reveal, I let Asterion soft-clear themselves by voting on Yitzi. So good job, Asterion. If there are any protective roles (ironically the one called "Doctor" can't protect other players), I recommend they consider protecting Asterion, because they are all but confirmed to be villager.

But at this point, I think I've allowed enough time for information gathering. Plus I'm getting bored. Plus, I'd feel a lot better about this if the vote was closed to the possibility of vote manipulators. Hence, going public.

I nearly revealed my identity on accident, in the early game, by displaying my ignorance of the essence marks. Because Ecthelion never told me what they were. This is why I was watching very carefully to see if anybody else did the same.

And so when Yitzi made his remark about essence marks, I scanned him. And his spiritual DNA is glowing red with the power of Odium.

To Yitzi, I'm kind of sorry about this, because this feels like I got really lucky to find you this early.

So. I hereby declare any discussion on today's lynch to be over.

Please don't let that be the end of all discussion, however. You should just be discussing tomorrow's lynch, not today's.

Well, congratulations, Drake. Yitzi. I admit to being a little surprised at an unkillable, confirmed good, scanning role being in the game, though, and will make my customary point that I abhor dictatorships, and very much hope you aren't minded to create one.

@Drake Marshall, what would happen if you were lynched? Although your claim is very plausible, and it would be a brave move to bus Odium, if you can regenerate, would we theoretically be able test your claim by lynching you on D3?

3 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

Of course. I hope everything is ok for you, and look forward to hearing your suspicions as and when you produce them. In light of your response Drake's post (and yes, I have just spent 10 minutes trying to get the shard to cooperate with my deleting the RP in the quote), do you have any other suspicions?

Well, congratulations, Drake. Yitzi. I admit to being a little surprised at an unkillable, confirmed good, scanning role being in the game, though, and will make my customary point that I abhor dictatorships, and very much hope you aren't minded to create one.

@Drake Marshall, what would happen if you were lynched? Although your claim is very plausible, and it would be a brave move to bus Odium, if you can regenerate, would we theoretically be able test your claim by lynching you on D3?

could be that the doctor role passes on to another player upon Drake's death like in the Doctor Who show

My gut feels great satisfaction. :P Not voting, although I do support the Yitzi lynch. (It's a blackout game and this was too easy. There's a catch somewhere, and one that I don't plan on discovering the hard way. Y'all are free to do so, though. :P) I'm going to go do some rereading and see what new suspicions we can pull from this. 

10 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

Everything's fine.  I'm just really busy.  Had family pop round unannounced yesterday so am way behind on getting everything done today that I was meant to do yesterday.  

Sami would be my best bet for Yitzi's comrade.  She voted on me using the reasoning that everyone else thought I was evil when the only votes on me were joke ones.  She also took her vote off me once it became clear that I wasn't going to be lynched and decided not to vote so as not to kill someone random.  To me it sounds like an inexperienced elim trying to sound village.

1 minute ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

I will admit that I am basically dictating Yitzi's lynch today. But I have absolutely no intention of dictating anything else in the future. I dislike dictatorships as much as the next guy, and this is definitely a one-time thing.

To your second question, yes, you could lynch me, and it would not constitute a critical blow to the village. But it would still be an inconvenience to me, so I would request that you refrain from lynching me.

If it's any comfort though, I don't anticipate that I will be counterclaimed ever.

12 minutes ago, asterion137 said:

could be that the doctor role passes on to another player upon Drake's death like in the Doctor Who show

There's an idea.  Let's kill Drake and see what happens.  Nothing like a good experiment to enlighten the masses.  After all, Discovery requires Experimentation.

Quick thoughts: 

5. Lucky Duke (Cloudjumper) - handy with a barrel Leaning Good. Hanlon's Razor.
6. The Wanderer (Yitzi2) - definitely not Hoid Pretty obviously Evil, unless there's a disguise role and a gambit by Drake.
7. Vulture Sam (asterion137) - a card hustler  Fairly Neutral. Maybe slight Good lean.
8. Jaspian (StrikerEZ) - talks to a stick Slight Good Lean
9. BrightnessRadiant as Herself - very confused worldhopper Neutral. Hasn't done enough.
10. Liz Allan (Sami) - terribly confused Marvel fanatic  Neutral. Some posts leaning either way, tempted to call Hanlon's Razor again.
11. Ister Mo (Manukos) - likes camping  Slight Good lean.
12. Tautali Laust (Megasif) - valiant Radiant on a journey of self-discovery Very slight Good lean.
14. Dr. C (Clanky) - Rickrolling mad scientist Definite Evil lean.
15. Locke Tekiel (OrlokTsubodai) - I feel like this guy's died before  Slight Good lean.
17. Aran (Aonar Faileas) - the hunter Good, Obviously. :P
18. Requiem (Drake Marshall) - Kyner from the future Probably Good, excepting convoluted gambits.
19. A Bird (Roadwalker) - deep in thought Neutral, maybe slightly leaning Good; caveat that if Evil, elims have scanner, or someone has instantaneous PMs and revealed exact terms of Alignment. (Or GM forsight had them tell the Elims the default Good alignments.)
1. Mr, Red Facemask (Alvron) - likes to use commas Leaning Good.
2. An Innocent Man (A Joe in the Bush) - definitely harmless  Neutral. Oddly lurky. Perhaps slight evil lean because of it.
13. Daniyah as Herself - first blackout game!  See Joe's. Hasn't done enough to say either way.
16. Aralis (Araris Valerian) - former head-thumper back from the dead Slight Evil lean.

Might go over reasoning for these later, might not. Right now, I need to sleep. :P 

Edited by Aonar Faileas

Mmmmm yes yes I am going to be quite lurky in this game as I'm trying to avoid Cosmere spoilers and I have like zero idea of how to do analysis in a blackout game and I'm quite tired of being a primary analysis giver so sorry @Roadwalker Imma let others handle the bulk of this game if I can but I won't be completely inactive or anything..just less giving haha

After this and the MR I'm in I'll be taking a small break from SE for a while and as you may have noticed am already taking it easy now. I like to think that I've done enough analysis in all of my other games to earn me a bit of slack since I'm not usually the one to coast.

In light of Drake's announcement, or should I say the Doctor heh....Yitzi. Well done Doctor...fantastic scanning!

Also, I'm assuming this means that Ecthelion's first tags in the sign ups were also relevant? Something about Lotr and Pirates of the Caribbean and a few others? Do we possibly have Aragorn and Jack Sparrow roles, etc? Hmmm....curious thought.

If. Yitzi is indeed odium (and if odium is an elim role , what a plot twist would it be if that wasnt thr case ) then it is all good, confirmed village role and big bad down .

But theorizing about that would be boring so I can see three other scenarios 

1) drake is outright lying.  unlikely so early in the game 

2)There is a framer type elim role  

3) it is a false positive (due to an item or a role

I' ll look back on the thread for who else has voted ytzi since. They are all soft cleared