Let's list the possibilities: Wilson evil, DC Noble: Voting Wilson is best since we don't want to lose a Noble, even though it doesn't kill her. DC evil, Wilson Noble: Vote DC, obviously. Both Noble: Voting Wilson is best, as that'll mean no deaths. Both evil: impossible.

Let's list the possibilities: Wilson evil, DC Noble: Voting Wilson is best since we don't want to lose a Noble, even though it doesn't kill her. DC evil, Wilson Noble: Vote DC, obviously. Both Noble: Voting Wilson is best, as that'll mean no deaths. Both evil: impossible.

If this were correct, then you would have a point. However, Mailliw's comment earlier about duel rules seems to indicate that the loser dies rather than just taking a kill action. This makes sense thematically, as both participants in a duel would have Shardblades and Shardplate - just some would be broken. My understanding is that no matter what, someone is going to die as a result of this duel. But it can't hurt to ask. Mail, if Wilson has Shardplate and loses in this duel, will she survive?

Lots of good commentary

------

EDIT: Edited for formatting. Oh, also, Seonid, you complained that the duel was declared with a full day left in the cycle, but duels MUST be declared at least 24 hours before the end of the day by the rules. Which makes sense, because some people don't check this thread too often, and declaring a duel invalidates all votes against other people. People need time to realize that a duel was declared and change their vote to one of the targets (or abstain).

Excellent analysis, Nyali, and I agree with most of what you said. Two comments - first, I missed that part about duels. I really need to go back and reread the rules to make sure there's not something else I'm missing. But thanks for the correction. I'm still miffed that we are losing that day of discussion - though Mark has seriously helped us in abating that, and if we continue the way we've been going wemight not be as badly off as I thought as a result - but now I know that it's built into the duel, not part of DC's play. Still frustrated about it, but less so.

The second point is on Burnt - while I agree about the fact that Joe's redirected kill being an evidence in her favor, the problem is that Mail made a mistake, thought she died, and posted her alignment, items, and so on in the thread. He edited it out after he fixed the mistake, but some players saw it. As a result, he posted that he was redoing Burnt's alignment, items, and role. So there's no guarantee that she's the same alignment she was when someone tried to kill her.

The second point is on Burnt - while I agree about the fact that Joe's redirected kill being an evidence in her favor, the problem is that Mail made a mistake, thought she died, and posted her alignment, items, and so on in the thread. He edited it out after he fixed the mistake, but some players saw it. As a result, he posted that he was redoing Burnt's alignment, items, and role. So there's no guarantee that she's the same alignment she was when someone tried to kill her.

Oh, crem, forgot about that =\ That messes up everything I said about her...

Edited by Nyali

The duel is not necessarily to the death. Sorry for the unclear choice of words. Whoever loses is lynched, but Plate protects from two regular attacks, including lynches. If the loser of the duel has Plate, they won't die, but will take a hit on their Plate.

Well that changes things a little bit...I'm in the middle of a lab report, so I don't have enough time to think through this carefully at the moment. When I finish, though, I'll come back and make a decision about changing my vote.

DC, did you get your Shardblade from Joe? If you were Joe's heir, there's a 50% chance you did get it from him. If not, then you haven't used your shardblade all game, right? We've only seen one shardblade kill a night, and didn't Joe say he did those in his deathcry.

EDIT2: No, Lopen, Wilson did not tell me Joe had a Shardblade.

About your first point. I'm not sure that DC has a Blade. Because if he had a Blade previous to this Day, and because of his insistence that Wilson is evil, I'd think he would have attacked her by now, and we haven't seen another Blade attack besides Joe's. So unless you're right that DC got Joe's Shardblade, my guess would be that DC is lying and actually has Plate, and so he doesn't much care if he's lynched(which he doesn't seem to care about at the moment it seems, unless he's just not been online for awhile, and that's why he's been so quiet lately), except that it'll take away 1 protection off his Plate(like Wilson's now, since she was attacked by Trelagist). Also, if he has Joe's Blade, I'm not sure why he would do this Duel either. Because he would have the power to attack Wilson on his own, without forcing a lynch like he's trying to do. Plus...doing a Shard duel like this doesn't seem like a good idea if you have a Blade. Because then, if the GB's have a Soulcaster(like they probably do), you can't use it(unless you're a GB).

That's not exactly what I was asking, but I take it to mean that you weren't aware of Joe having a Blade. My guess would be that he didn't tell anyone actually, because if he did, I'd think he would have mentioned that in his Death Cry, because that person would potentially be a GB. Especially because his attack got redirected as he was killed. And I agree with you about whoever redirected that is most likely a GB, because village Soulcasters should be redirecting role actions, if they redirect anything, and I think it's been made clear that's what they should be doing.

Thank you, Mark, for starting up this vote idea. Even if one of the vigilantes doesn't kill the final decision, the fact that there's at least some discussion going on beyond just this duel is a very good thing. We cannot afford to let discussion stagnate.

My vote goes on Trelagist. To see my reasons, refer to this post. They are unchanged. For a shortened version, basically, I feel like he's using the deathcries to excuse his attack on me, particularly since those same deathcries he points to give no foundation for any of their accusations. For one, none of those players have ever played with me before (except HS, but that was a single game in which I was severely limited on time), so they have no prior knowledge of my normal playstyle (though I suppose I can take all the accusations to mean that my normal playstyle is like an eliminator. Alrighty. Good to know). Additionally, none of them, besides Luna had any item that would give them information, and I would bet all of the items I have in my possession that Luna didn't see anything suspicious. Therefore, they are Nobles who have no more information than we ourselves have. To kill based on those unfounded accusations is just an attempt to shunt the responsibility of killing someone to someone else. "Oh, I didn't realize they were a Noble! Confirmed Nobles were saying they were suspicious!" Sorry. That won't fly here. In fact, it honestly just sounds like an easy way for a Ghostblood to make a kill and not face any repercussions from that kill.

Night 4: The Final Duel

Itachi stood proud in his sunset-shade Shardplate. He marched out of his house, leaving his wife in tears as she begged him to stop. Itachi Uchiha couldn’t be stopped now though. Not for all the spheres in the world would he stop. He was convinced of Brightness Kenara’s guilt, and now she’d pay. No one would stop him this time. This time he was going to storming kill that woman.

Standing in the courtyard of Aladar’s camp, he yelled for Kenara. “Brightlady Kenara! Get out here now!” He drew his sword, mundane steel, not a Shardblade, and pointed it at Kenara. “I declare a duel, here, now, between myself and Brightness Kenara,” he said, hands shaking slightly. Itachi knew that Kenara had had much more experience in killing, even though proper Alethi women didn’t fight. There was something about her, the way she held herself, powerful, that lent itself the air of a killer. She stood, seeming to be surrounded by light, but no longer was it the light of a new day, the light of the morning, but now the light of dusk. Blood-streaked skies and the premonition of darkness. That was the light she exuded now. The Brightness nodded her head and began to prepare herself for the duel.

Brightness Kenara steeled herself for battle. She attempted to calm her fury, but it strove to overcome her senses. Itachi had gone too far. He had now publicized their confrontations and called her out amongst everyone. That would not do.

Kenara stepped into her Shardplate, hers the color of the ocean on a cloudy day, a dusky blue, darkened by the lack of light in the sky. Clouds had drifted over the warcamps, casting a darker shade to the fight. Rumbling was heard from the sky and the most religious and the most superstitious began mumbling about the Stormfather. Some said they even saw his face in the clouds.

A borrowed Shardblade in her hands, Kenara stepped onto the dueling grounds. “Itachi, you have called me out for the last time. I give you this opportunity to recant your accusation.”

“Never, brightness,” Itatchi said. His tangerine Plate provided a perfect contrast to Kenara’s azure.

“Then let this matter be settled now.” Kenara approached the center. “After this, you never sully my name again.”

Her accuser nodded. And thus, the duel of Itatchi Uchiha, Ghoul of the Night, and Brightlady Kenara, Brightness Ascendant begun.

The duel progressed rapidly, Itatchi aggresive, following Flamestance. He quickly made the first hit on Kenara’s Plate. She held her defensive position, taking up Vinestance. Her footwork consistently outmatched his. After the first, blindingly quick, attack, Kenara took the upper hand, parrying each of Itatchi’s strokes. The borrowed Blades clanged faster and faster, each trying to score on the opponent.

Kenara rapidly switched to Stonestance, taking a powerful downward swing with her Blade. Itatchi, caught off guard, stumbled as the Blade slammed into his shoulder. He crumpled to one knee, but rose, his pauldron shattered. He scored only one more hit, decimating Kenara’s left vambrace. That was the last he hit.

The Brightness Kenara retaliated with strong, powerful attacks, slowly breaking pieces of Itatchi’s armor. One by one, they shattered to her Blade.

As the sun set, Kenara backed off the battered Itatchi.

“It’s over. We’re done here.” She walked away, leaving him bruised and weak on the arena ground.

No one was lynched!

Votes:

Itatchi(6): Mayelek, Kenara, Teialan, Loopen, Senna, Stink

Kenara(3): Itatchi, Ebony, Trel

Player List:

• Elbereth: Tintallë-Probably a goddess, definitely a ninja
  • Phattemer: Axies-In denial Noble
  • Master_Elodin: Eobard Thawne-Reverse-Flash Noble
  • DeathClutch: Itachi Uchiha-Some Japanese kid
  • Alvron: Alv-Badchull Halfborn
  • ThatTinyStrawMan: He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named Noble
  • Kynedath: Kayden Ianlynn-Definitely arrogant
  • little wilson: Brightlady Kenara-Looking for body parts. Definitely British.
  • AliasSheep: Kelen Taldar
  • Zas678: Kaythar
  • Twelfthrootoftwo: Teialan
  • Macen: Ace
  • Yafeshan: Geran Noble
  • Mark: Mayelek
  • Kasimir: Karnan-Not Khas. Nope.
  • TheMightyLopen: Loopen-Just a wee bit crazy
  • Seonid: Senna Idian
  • Burnt Spaghetti: Ebony Ghetti
  • Stink
  • Nyali: Brightness Arisia
  • Orlok: Subadon-Probably secretly American Ghostblood
  • TheOnlyJoe: Sani Joslin-Traitor to 'Murica Noble
  • Elkanah: Montnog Spot Thief
  • Trelagist
  • Araris Valerian: Ardel Noble
  • Hellscythe: Hellscythe Noble
  • Luna: Luna Arryn Noble
  • Silver Dragon: Star Thief Noble

gra_1462417200.png

Edited by Mailliw73

This will probably be my final post...Once I die and you all see im good take a good long look at this list

Probably Evil:

Kas

AliasSheep

Elbereth 

Trelagist

Can't be sure:

Alvron

Macen 

Kynedath

Seonid

Twei

Probably Good: 

Wilson

Burnt

Nyali 

Zas

Good:

Deathclutch

This will probably be my final post...Once I die and you all see im good take a good long look at this list

Probably Evil:

Kas

AliasSheep

Elbereth

Trelagist

Can't be sure:

Alvron

Macen

Kynedath

Seonid

Twei

Probably Good:

Wilson

Burnt

Nyali

Zas

Good:

Deathclutch

Can I see why you think I'm evil?

So, I guess whomever has Joe's blade, if you're not GB (~47% chance), kill the lynch target we picked out? In theory, the GBs have a bunch of painrials and know who we picked, so, if the chosen lynch target is GB, they are likely to be protected from a Grandbow, but if the target is noble, they are almost certain not to be protected from Grandbows, so I don't know how good of an idea hitting the target with Grandbows really is. Of course, the GBs know if Joe's blade is in their hands or ours and we don't...

No other blade has been used this game, so we either have a very cautious noble blade wielder, or there's only one blade in the game.

Hmm. Thoughts?

I'd say a cautious wielder, given that there were 28 players to start with. But, that's a guess. Maill's role/item distribution is not something I've had a lot of experience with, and if people are to be believed, Maill is a troll when it comes to such things, we might as well have just one blade in this whole game.

That said, I really hope we have a shard blade wielder, and so, I'm leaning more towards that.

I'd like to say one thing though - I suggest people don't vote I orange during the night as our potential shard wielder might be asleep at turnover (looking at you Brits).

Wait - if you think Wilson is probably good, why did you duel her? 

I'd like an answer to that as well. Very valid point raised by Trelagist.

Wait - if you think Wilson is probably good, why did you duel her? 

Either the points raised after the duel announcement persuaded him, or he's a GB.

TBH, if Trel were a GB I think he might have been more hesitant about using the bow (since it had been redirected and (a) Noble(s) therefore knew he had it).