The Official Thread of Relationships

40 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

Her: Dude, I love the Nintendo Wii menu music.

Me: *sends video of people dancing ridiculously to it*

Reveal hidden contents

Her: That was annoyingly funny. I hated myself for laughing.

She also listens to the Pikachu theme song, as I discovered when we were sharing music.

CAN SHE GET ANY CUTER?

Yesterday I learned the Mii Channel music on guitar. 

It'll rusting stick in your head.

Edited by bleeder

On 2016-11-08 at 6:09 AM, Delightful said:

I've heard to specifically take a date to a scary movie so they'll grab your hand O_o. 

@Erunion I think letting her know how you feel is important, and long term healthier for both of you.   The question of how exactly to do that is hard. Sounds like "I'm always here for you as a friend/(mentor?) but not romantically" is a good way to go given her family history. Brainstorming here, "it's not that you're unattractive or you're not heaps of fun to be around, you're a great friend, but I want us to stay just that. Good friends. Ok?"

type thing? 

Like maybe if you go into I'm much older and authority it might sound like you're making excuses? Or is that just the influence of bad teen romances I can't un-read talking here. 

Ended up with a three pronged attack, but in a super relaxed tone and with smileys. Mentioned that meeting up would seem too much like a date (and that camp counsellors dating campers after camp is super sketchy), made a joke, mentioned how I wouldn't want the girl I'm interested in to think I'm dating someone else (made a reference to said girl so that she would know it was someone I'd known for a while - AKA clearly not her), and then talked about how (as she knows I'm super busy, which I am) I wouldn't be able to commit the 1-2 hours to really chat about books/etc. that she deserved. 

Hopefully she understands, and isn't too hurt or broken hearted :/

Really, I'm hoping and praying that this is a passing crush and that she hasn't really fallen for me. Cuz I know how heartbreak feels, and it is the absolute worst. 

Far, far worse than any physical pain I've ever had to deal with :( 

I question sometimes if i even feel 'love'

I mean, I have the desire for a relationship yet I also chafe at the idea and want to run a mile. My attention span is incredibly short so any company I do keep I usually tire of but I still want the company. I can talk to girls/women easily but struggle immensely to be seen in a romantic manner or as anything more than a brother/close friend (which is fine, as I regard most of my female friends similarly) but it gets a little grating and tiresome after a while. I guess...I just hate feeling lonely even though I know I'm not alone

Or maybe I'm just over thinking and my head needs a little shrinking and I'm just not cut out for basic human interactions

Edited by AnanasSpren

On 13/11/2016 at 1:03 PM, AnanasSpren said:

I guess...I just hate feeling lonely even though I know I'm not alone

Or maybe I'm just over thinking and my head needs a little shrinking and I'm just not cut out for basic human interactions

I hate feeling lonely when I know I'm not alone, at least in my head.

9 minutes ago, Mistrunner said:

I THINK A GUY IS TRYING TO TELL ME HE LIKES ME OVER FACEBOOK CHAT AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND I'M WATCHING THE BEE MOVIE BUT EVERY TIME IT SAYS BEE IT GETS FASTER IN ANOTHER TAB AND NOTHING IN MY LIFE MAKES SENSE HELP

The good news is that the Bee movie should be over in about 7 minutes. I know what you're talking about I saw the link on io9. A guy who will not ask you out on by phone call or in person most likely has real socializing issues and probably isn't worth romantic interest. My two cents at least.

8 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

The good news is that the Bee movie should be over in about 7 minutes. I know what you're talking about I saw the link on io9. A guy who will not ask you out on by phone call or in person most likely has real socializing issues and probably isn't worth romantic interest. My two cents at least.

This is true. He's gone through quite a few crushes in the past couple months so I'm expecting it will quickly pass.

I asked my brother what to do and now he's sending me ways girls have rejected him. Thanks, bro.

Edited by Mistrunner

2 hours ago, Ammanas said:

I don't agree that having socializing issues is disqualifying as boyfriend  material. not everyone has to like phones or have the guts to ask girl out in person.

There's also a difference between asking someone out and testing the waters. He could be fishing to see if you like him, instead of just putting you on the spot in person. 

It's also possible that online is the only way he has to communicate to you  privately. He may not have your number, and likely you met in a group setting (school/etc) where he has no confidence of getting you one on one without arranging to beforehand. 

Still, your response is simple: are you interested in him romantically? If yes, make it obvious.

Are you not interested in him romantically? If yes, make it obvious. :) 

11 minutes ago, Erunion said:

Still, your response is simple: are you interested in him romantically? If yes, make it obvious.

And remember that "obvious for boys" is soooo much different than "obvious for girls" :P

Just now, Mestiv said:

And remember that "obvious for boys" is soooo much different than "obvious for girls" :P

Oh heavens yes. We gentlemen are intelligent, thoughtful, caring creatures. 

We're also incredibly thick about hints. Especially romantic hints. Especially if we're shy or introverted. Especially if we're interested in the girl. It's painful, really. 

(Interestingly enough, I can almost always tell if a girl who I'm NOT interested in is interested in me, but I can never tell if a girl I AM interested in is interested in me. It's really quite odd). 

11 hours ago, Mistrunner said:

I THINK A GUY IS TRYING TO TELL ME HE LIKES ME OVER FACEBOOK CHAT AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND I'M WATCHING THE BEE MOVIE BUT EVERY TIME IT SAYS BEE IT GETS FASTER IN ANOTHER TAB AND NOTHING IN MY LIFE MAKES SENSE HELP

Bee movie thing is good plan. Keep it up.

12 hours ago, Mestiv said:

I don't agree that having socializing issues is disqualifying as boyfriend material. not everyone has to like phones or have the guts to ask girl out in person.

12 hours ago, Erunion said:

There's also a difference between asking someone out and testing the waters. He could be fishing to see if you like him, instead of just putting you on the spot in person. 

It's also possible that online is the only way he has to communicate to you  privately. He may not have your number, and likely you met in a group setting (school/etc) where he has no confidence of getting you one on one without arranging to beforehand. 

12 hours ago, Mestiv said:

11 hours ago, Erunion said:

Oh heavens yes. We gentlemen are intelligent, thoughtful, caring creatures. 

We're also incredibly thick about hints. Especially romantic hints. Especially if we're shy or introverted. Especially if we're interested in the girl. It's painful, really. 

(Interestingly enough, I can almost always tell if a girl who I'm NOT interested in is interested in me, but I can never tell if a girl I AM interested in is interested in me. It's really quite odd). 

Well, see, this particular guy was one I sort of knew from where I lived before moving where I am now, meaning I haven't seen him in over a year and never really talked to him before I moved. So it's a little weird. Besides, I'm not interested in anyone romantically, at least for now- and I'm especially not interested in a long-distance relationship. :wacko:

Ah, you must also remember that I myself am the most oblivious person imaginable and probably wouldn't notice if someone was flirting with me if they hit me over the head with a sign that said "I'M FLIRTING WITH YOU." I understand obvious. :P

I'm hoping it's just a passing crush. He's had about five of those in the past three months, so that's probably what it is.

4 hours ago, bleeder said:

Bee movie thing is good plan. Keep it up.

Okay, good. That strategy's worked so far.

Three months ago I started cuddling with someone I had been friends with for awhile (most of my life) while watching horror game playthroughs. It was kind of weird and nice and we haven't actually talked about it at all yet. 

On 11/23/2016 at 0:00 PM, Darkness Ascendant said:

None of you guys know the amount of messed up shizzle is in that movie do u all?

No. Please explain.

On 11/25/2016 at 10:06 PM, Spoolofwhool said:

Three months ago I started cuddling with someone I had been friends with for awhile (most of my life) while watching horror game playthroughs. It was kind of weird and nice and we haven't actually talked about it at all yet. 

When you say 'started', do you mean it has become a regular thing, or that it was a one time occurrence and you 'started' doing it once? If it's the former, you should probably talk about it. It's a good indication that they're either interested in you or very comfortable with you. Since you have all the context clues, it's up to you to figure out which :P 

If it's the latter, it's probably a bit too late to bring it up. 3 months is probably too long of a time to comment on something like that without it becoming awkward. Then again, (s)he could possibly be stuck in the same situation. Has (s)he indicated any interest in you outside of that?

Edit: I just realized you didn't mention if you were interested in them. It seems like you're unsure. That somewhat complicates the situation :P 

Edited by Bugsy6912

15 hours ago, Mesa the Ookla said:

The movie promoted Bestiality for one part.

sorry

Beestiality.

Oh ye tiny gods, that was wretched

So, guys. There's this guy I go to school with. He's a senior (three years my elder) and he's incredibly musically talented and he's very very gay

And I think he and I are a thing now. Like, a thing

It started three(ish) days ago when we started texting. But we had known each other for a while, and spending a weekend together at All East last weekend was probably helpful to this development. 

So we started talking, and talking. 

Turns out, he's quite into me, and just is bad with words. So we're gonna go out sometime. :D

Image result for and that's all i have to say about that