Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

Y'all cursed me with all the headache talk. I'm pushing a 30 hr one atm and it hasn't been fun at all.

I think I cursed myself as well, cluster last night decided to remind me that drugs only work intermittently and forced me to redefine what a 10 on the pain scale feels like.

I'm sorry!  :(

Yea I'm thinking mine is a rebound. I'm having to take my Norco and Execidrine both. It ll dull for a bit then sneak back up there. Ugh I feel sick to my stomach with all this Med going in every few hrs but the hr long dulls have been all that has kept me sane for about 36 hrs now. It was throbbing so bad last night it woke me multiple times and was causing pain bleed over dreams. There's little worse then having pain dreams cause you literally have 0 relief.

Just keep sticking to the drugs, side effects are awful but the pain is worse. Luckily for me clusters are intermittent so I only get them once or twice a day for a couple hours each. Though unluckily neither opiates or acetaminophen does anything at all to them other than help me not tense every muscle while they happen so I just have to hope that one of the triptans will work and that they don't kill me instead.

Welp, got to spend an hour at urgent care tonight.  James's hip has been hurting him since Tuesday and was just getting worse and worse as the week went on.

One doctor and some x-rays later, he has bursitis with possibly a side of inflamed tendon.  He'll be starting a course of prednisone tomorrow, so that'll be fun.

Word of advice: When someone tells you that they're having a really tough time because the job they were supposed to start is blowing them off and they can't get another interview, telling them that they're lucky that they don't have to wake up early is not helpful or productive in any way.

Driving on interstate earlier and I saw something big dead a few ft off road. 300 ft later I see another huge dead thing. That was a Pitt Bull. It was so obvious someone threw the dead dogs out a vehicle. Dog fighters...

:(

Poor pibble puppies...

Driving on interstate earlier and I saw something big dead a few ft off road. 300 ft later I see another huge dead thing. That was a Pitt Bull. It was so obvious someone threw the dead dogs out a vehicle. Dog fighters...

Dog fighters. :angry: Those are some of the few people who will earn no sympathy whatsoever from me, the sort who I think should be punished painfully and humiliatingly for their crimes. Screw rehab. They don't deserve it. 

I guess my sister made a drawing Twimom found objectionable (don't know what it was, but knowing my sister, it wasn't sexually explicit) and she, to put it in her words, "acted like [her] salvation was on the line."

Can we commence Operation: Get Twisister Out of Twimom's House? <_<

If she wishes to flee to Brazil(not somethimg I would recomend, but I think it is far away enough), I speak english fluently.

If she wishes to flee to Brazil(not somethimg I would recomend, but I think it is far away enough), I speak english fluently.

I think she wants to stay within the US, though not necessarily within the lower 48 (the continental States, excluding Alaska and Hawaii). But if she expresses interest in Brazil, I'll let her know. 

(It actually makes some semblance of sense in context! I'm so proud.)

So does mine! Lettuce sell for a lot these days, and we all know about the Oklahoma offshore accounts right? The huge lettuce conspiracy of 2046? Right? Right? *shambles off muttering to himself*

Dear weight loss,

As much as I appreciate the fact that you're happening and stuff, could you maybe stop subtracting off my hips and focus on my belly for a while?  Seriously, I have tons of belly-pudge for you to work with, and it's ridiculous that my pants are starting to have trouble staying in place when I still have that much belly fat.

Love,

Me.

When I was hired with my current employer, I was told every employee in good standing with the company would get a raise at least once per year. My first year working for them, this proved true. I got a raise 2 months after being hired, when I was transferred to a new team, and sometime before my first year anniversary (I'm not sure when it happened, though I know it was sometime between March and May 2014, since I noticed it in July but I could only see back to the first June paycheck). For the second year, I did not get a raise. For this third year, I didn't get a raise until today.

The first two pay raises were both 50 cents each. I have a friend who got a raise in Feb/Mar 2014 who also got a 50 cents raise. I'm pretty sure that that's their standard raise. Which is a solid pay raise. Not too much, but not too little.

Two months ago, my team lead told us that everyone who hadn't gotten a raise within the last year (ie, me) would get a raise at the end of the first quarter. I was expecting at least a 50 cent raise, if not a full dollar. I wasn't going to count on a full dollar, because even just 50 cents is great. Heck, I don't even need a raise, but it would sure be nice.

They gave me my raise today. It was 13 cents. I feel like I've been slapped in the face and told that the work I've done for the last two years is only worth 13 cents. Who gives a 13 cent raise? I mean, really. That's worse than not even giving a raise. It's an insult. I never thought a raise would feel like an insult, but this totally does.

I wanted to get out of here before. Now I really want to. And this time, I'm absolutely serious about it. Before, I wanted to at least somewhat fix my health issues before I change up my life, but I can't deal with this company anymore. I'm nearly certain they're the reason I have my current health issues.

Fortunately, one of my friends works for a fantastic marketing firm in the Salt Lake area (I'm in the Provo area) and they're hiring. And one of the positions they're hiring for is perfect for me. So I'm fixing up my resume to apply for that position tonight. I suppose my bad day isn't going to end on a bad note, which is probably a good thing. :)

I just spent a while crying on the couch with my wife because I'm terrified about the possibilities with my health issues. I have absolutely no interest in trying to sleep now, and in my bad mood, I typed up a blog post and posted it without checking if I should dial it back. Oh well. If anyone's interested, it's at http://hairynerdchin.wordpress.com

jW

Edited by Jondesu

I just spent a while crying on the couch with my wife because I'm terrified about the possibilities with my health issues. I have absolutely no interest in trying to sleep now, and in my bad mood, I typed up a blog post and posted it without checking if I should dial it back. Oh well. If anyone's interested, it's at http://hairynerdchin.wordpress.com

jW

*hugs*

Thanks! On the bright side, insomnia means I'm getting a lot of grinding done in Asphalt racing. A side note: that's epic on the Apple TV.

jW

*more hugs*

My sister has CFIDS, which in addition to keeping her at a baseline 7-8 on the pain scale constantly, half the doctors on the planet don't even believe her condition exists.  So...you are not alone.  I know that's not much of a comfort, but there do exist support groups out there as a resource.