Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

So kobolds are more or less scaly orcs?

Technically, they're also smaller, tend to be more of a scavenger than a predator, and either significantly more or less intelligent than your average orc.

Can you leave him outside for a minute, run inside, grab water, pay and dash back out?

I could, but I'm afraid someone might steal him. :wacko: I know the chances aren't that high, but I've heard enough stories of pugs (and other small purebreds) stolen from their owners to make me wary of leaving him in the car alone. 

And for dinner I had cold steak, a piece of bread with some jam, and carrots. Still hungry. Still no idea where I'm going to go to buy water. 

I could, but I'm afraid someone might steal him. :wacko: I know the chances aren't that high, but I've heard enough stories of pugs (and other small purebreds) stolen from their owners to make me wary of leaving him in the car alone. 

And for dinner I had cold steak, a piece of bread with some jam, and carrots. Still hungry. Still no idea where I'm going to go to buy water. 

Trust me as someone who knows the territory. People will steal anything out here. :blink:

That sounds like it sucks. :( I'm pretty sure at least some of the convenience stores out here have water in stock.

Trust me as someone who knows the territory. People will steal anything out here. :blink:

That sounds like it sucks. :( I'm pretty sure at least some of the convenience stores out here have water in stock.

That's what I was afraid of. :mellow: 

Yeah, I found a convenience store about 5 minutes away that should sell water. My plan is to just grab the biggest size bottle they have—or a gallon of purified water, if they have it—and refill all the empty bottles I have in my car. Then while I'm out, I think I'll….I don't know, run by McDonald's or something? I feel bad leaving Bruce, but the way everyone treated me when I brought him inside makes me think it'll be better to just leave him at the hotel with the door locked. Because apparently, Texas logic goes something like this: "We'll sell liquor at gas stations and not bat an eye if you hit 100 mph on the freeway, but Harmony forbid you bring a dog into a convenience store!" <_< 

That's what I was afraid of. :mellow:

Yeah, I found a convenience store about 5 minutes away that should sell water. My plan is to just grab the biggest size bottle they have—or a gallon of purified water, if they have it—and refill all the empty bottles I have in my car. Then while I'm out, I think I'll….I don't know, run by McDonald's or something? I feel bad leaving Bruce, but the way everyone treated me when I brought him inside makes me think it'll be better to just leave him at the hotel with the door locked. Because apparently, Texas logic goes something like this: "We'll sell liquor at gas stations and not bat an eye if you hit 100 mph on the freeway, but Harmony forbid you bring a dog into a convenience store!" <_<

Don't get me wrong, I really wish I could tell you you're worried over nothing. But while I was in Waco with the relatives I actually heard one of my cousins tell the story of how his dog got stolen so a guy could sell him for drug money. Your fears are in fact substantiated. :(

Yep, that sounds like Texas logic. <_< Hope you get something decent to eat, though.

Don't get me wrong, I really wish I could tell you you're worried over nothing. But while I was in Waco with the relatives I actually heard one of my cousins tell the story of how his dog got stolen so a guy could sell him for drug money. Your fears are in fact substantiated. :(

Yep, that sounds like Texas logic. <_< Hope you get something decent to eat, though.

That's awful! :( Did….did he ever get the dog back? 

Me too. I'm going to cuddle Bruce for a few more minutes and then head out. 

That's awful! :( Did….did he ever get the dog back? 

Me too. I'm going to cuddle Bruce for a few more minutes and then head out. 

I did not get the impression that he did. :unsure: Drug addiction and drug-related crimes are very big problems out here.

Sounds like a good plan.

Ok! As soon as you cross the state line on the Sabine bridge whatever you do go the exact speed limit, use blinkers etc. that is the patrolled by the Vinton PD and they are famous for stopping out of state cars for the smallest thing and then hammering you on BS. They then say if you pay THEM $/ or give them a favor......(yes that) they ll let ya go. It's been filmed on news before so be careful! Sulphur(where I was born) is the next town and they aren't so bad. West lake is next...they aren't corrupt like Vinton but they are mean and will ticket you so do speed limit etc. Lake Charles is next(yay) and the State PD likes to hide on the downsides of the numerous over passes or in the curves along the way from the tall bridge coming in the LC to the I210 exit about a 7 mile stretch. After that about 9 miles away is town called Iowa. It's 1 exit is patrolled heavily. It's open road after that to the next town of Jennings which isn't pleasant so don't stop there! Next is Lafayette, after is the 14 mile long Basin bridge till you get to Baton Rouge. After that is your new home! So that covers your entire Louisiana drive. If you need gas you want to fill up in Sulphur, LC, Iowa, or Lafayette. Don't stop in Jennings as I said and don't run out of gas on that long bridge.

Copy and save in your notes on phone!

Edited by Briar King

I am such a brat.

I've had this job for months, but these last few days have made me feel awful. I came out if it yesterday in tears because I was convinced I got myself fired.

Today, I spent the last hour of my shift just wanting to cry.

I mean... Storms, I have a job. That's more than some people.

But I keep thinking that I'm now spending my days in there or asleep, and even though I'm doing every hour I can my bank account never seems to get any bigger, and I have no free time these days, and I just start to feel weepy...

I am such a brat.

I've had this job for months, but these last few days have made me feel awful. I came out if it yesterday in tears because I was convinced I got myself fired.

But I keep thinking that I'm now spending my days in there or asleep, and even though I'm doing every hour I can my bank account never seems to get any bigger, and I have no free time these days, and I just start to feel weepy...

It sounds like you need a break. I've felt the same way before, especially while working restaurant jobs during the busy season. One night, when I wound up with a closing shift for the sixth night in a row, a coworker snapped at me and I ran to the bathroom in tears. It wasn't because of anything I'd done; I was just mentally exhausted.

Next time you can--and I mean as soon as you can--take a day off and do something you like. People aren't meant to work constantly. It does horrible things to your mental health.

I am such a brat.

You are not a brat, you are overworked.  Like Twi said, people can't work that long with no breaks without starting to implode.

Depressed on my own birthday...

I think I've reached an all-time low.

*hugs*

I am such a brat.

Yeah, it sounds like a break is in order! Also, you may want to look into strategies for dealing with stress and find out what works for you. This could be tradition making (I go to a vegan restaurant every Wednesday, for example. It's something I can look forward to in the middle of the work week). Breathing techniques. You could take up smoking (this is a joke suggestion, smoking is an expensive solution!)

And stay away from controversy on the interwebz! It's not good for the blood pressure!

I realized I am gonna fail something this semester. No way I can get out of this hole... Time for damage control. Let's see what can I salvage and what will have to go... While my wallet gently weeps

(cause normally university is free and if you're retaking something you gotta pay)

I realized I am gonna fail something this semester. No way I can get out of this hole... Time for damage control. Let's see what can I salvage and what will have to go... While my wallet gently weeps

(cause normally university is free and if you're retaking something you gotta pay)

I know this feeling too well XD Good luck with damage control.

Well, I just applied for interruption of studies, because my hole is also too deep to get out of it. So I kinda understand you. Good luck!

Edited by Pestis the Spider

I figure my plan for the next year is to get a year off to catch up on everything I failed (cause I can't imagine doing a normal year AND retaking the courses I failed last semester). Maybe I could find some job or practices (not sure about the term, it's like a job but for students and they train you). I could earn some money to pay for the courses - not that I am desperate or my parents wouldn't help me, but it certainly would be nice.