Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

3 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Ya'll, can we keep politics out of this thread?  I know some people are upset, but honestly a lot of what you're saying is extremely insulting to a lot of Americans, myself included.  This is not the place for that.

I remove the posts as best as I could. I didn't think it was insulting nor was it meant to be. I would not have commented had others not commented before. So apologies. 

5 minutes ago, maxal said:

I remove the posts as best as I could. I didn't think it was insulting nor was it meant to be. I would not have commented had others not commented before. So apologies. 

Thanks. When everyone seems to be in agreement, I know it's hard to tell things can be insulting to those who believe otherwise.

BTW, to those who are LGBT or are working with those movements, Trump is not remotely anti-LGBT. Pence isn't anti-LGBT in the way he's been accused. The American public has become overwhelmingly pro-LGBT. You're going to continue to see improvements in the way you're treated. Relax.

Somewhat incoherent rant incoming!

Spoiler

So.

The election.

After such a wild fiasco- months of incredulous spectating, debates that dissolved into mudslinging matches, worthy campaigns that shattered into dust- I’m drained.

And now all I see is hatred.

Hatred towards Trump. Towards his supporters. Towards Hillary and hers. Towards people who voted third party and people who didn’t vote at all.

And I hate it.

I hate that the only thing people have drawn from this is that we can never work together. That party lines are walls that can never be broken down. That all we can do in response is hate each other.

I know and love people who voted all sorts of ways. I don’t agree with many of them, but I can’t hate them. Respect is not something so easily earned or lost by a mark on a ballot.

I'm sick and tired of social media telling me how to think.

The important thing, I think, is to scale things down for a moment. The world is less black-and-white than I know I like to think sometimes. There's so much good in this world. It gets drowned out sometimes by bigger, flashier shows of evil, but it's still there.

All this odious noise and mess in the media and in life has left me drained and sad. I wish people would be kind.

Just be kind, everyone.

Please.

tl;dr Mist is tired of politics and really needs a dog.

Edited by Mistrunner

20 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

My bad day: certain parts of the Shard seem turning into Youtube comments sections. This is not what I am normally excited to see when waking up

Yes. Reading all of the political discourse going on here is seriously stressing me out. Which isn't how it should be, especially here.

I think that I got a bit too stressed out and might have lost my mind somewhat.

Apologies to anyone I offended, especially with regards politics. As I said, before and elsewhere... 2016 has not been a good year for me, personally. Kind of worried that talking too much about it will seem like I'm whining for attention...but I think a convergence of things just boiled over, and I snapped a little bit. 

I am currently making my way through the allomantic table to see if there was an upside to that.:P

Sorry everyone. All I can say is, I'll try and do better.

Edited by Quiver

Hey guys! This is the place for hugs, not for politics. So if you need a hug over politics, that's ok (whether it's a celebratory hug or one to console you from despair...).
Otherwise, keep the politics out of this thread! (And out of the Shard too, unless you're in a specific politics-designated zone!)

In the meantime, I am exhausted and working on bug-fixing for a project I've been working constantly on for the last week and a half (I've spent the last 3 days up till sometime between 1 and 3 working on this blasted thing). 
I need a hug. And some sleep. And for this thrice-cursed project to finally work perfectly storm it all! 

2 minutes ago, Erunion said:

Hey guys! This is the place for hugs, not for politics. So if you need a hug over politics, that's ok (whether it's a celebratory hug or one to console you from despair...).
Otherwise, keep the politics out of this thread! (And out of the Shard too, unless you're in a specific politics-designated zone!)

In the meantime, I am exhausted and working on bug-fixing for a project I've been working constantly on for the last week and a half (I've spent the last 3 days up till sometime between 1 and 3 working on this blasted thing). 
I need a hug. And some sleep. And for this thrice-cursed project to finally work perfectly storm it all! 

Everyone knows you haven't spent enough time debugging until your dreams look like a terminal from the Matrix :P

Hope the gods of coding bless you with bug-free code soon.
*hugs*

Just now, Voidus said:

Everyone knows you haven't spent enough time debugging until your dreams look like a terminal from the Matrix :P

Hope the gods of coding bless you with bug-free code soon.
*hugs*

If only it were code - that at least makes more sense (until a truly evil person replaces one of your semi-colons with a greek question mark, anyway....)
I'm designing a digital logic circuit in Proteus. (Designed to control a 3 floor elevator using only hardware and digital logic components, no processors, no memory, no software). 

1 minute ago, Erunion said:

If only it were code - that at least makes more sense (until a truly evil person replaces one of your semi-colons with a greek question mark, anyway....)
I'm designing a digital logic circuit in Proteus. (Designed to control a 3 floor elevator using only hardware and digital logic components, no processors, no memory, no software). 

Ah, well then I'm afraid you're on your own. My moral code keeps me strictly to the field of coding.
(Hardware and logic-circuit fueled dreams are way less fun)

Somewhen around 2 weeks ago 6 little kittens came to our temporary home to wait for a place to live. Four days ago one of them got sick. Now only 3 are still alive. They got Panleukopenia, a very dangerous disease that kills in matter of days and is the most contagious thing I know of. Hopefully the 3 kittens left will survive, as they are feeling good currently. Helping animals is so hard sometimes...

So if I'm lucky, I'm having trouble with acid reflux and that's what's been causing the chest pains I've been having. That's probably the case, but the possibility that it isn't is scary.

In either case, I'm handling my headache, even when it's bad. But I can't handle another major source of pain very well at the same time.

On 09/11/2016 at 6:36 PM, bleeder said:

Like space. Or Cuba. It went to Cuba. Like Tupac. And Prince and Jimi Hendrix. It went to Cuba with Tupac and Prince and Jimi, because none of them are actually dead; instead they all faked their deaths and went to Cuba. Duh

2016, as I have said... trash fire. Giant pile of wet garbage set ablaze.

Do you listen to Dear Hank and John?

I'm gonna drink until I stop caring about my family fighting.

EDIT: Tomorrow is gonna be hell of a day, probably. At least mom went downstairs and called my dad up (he was sleeping on the couch), that's somethin'.
Anyway, my drunkeness progresses. Tomorrow is a holiday though so it's OK. How come I am so reasonable while drunk? I check the spelling of what I write, I prepared water so I don't get hangover... I am always so careful. Even drunk, especially then. Because I always realize I'm drunk and adjust my behaviour. I'm always so in control. I never loose the control. I'm always the reasonable guy.

EDIT2: Oh, I got so drunk.

Edited by Oversleep

45 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

I'm gonna drink until I stop caring about my family fighting.

EDIT: Tomorrow is gonna be hell of a day, probably. At least mom went downstairs and called my dad up (he was sleeping on the couch), that's somethin'.
Anyway, my drunkeness progresses. Tomorrow is a holiday though so it's OK. How come I am so reasonable while drunk? I check the spelling of what I write, I prepared water so I don't get hangover... I am always so careful. Even drunk, especially then. Because I always realize I'm drunk and adjust my behaviour. I'm always so in control. I never loose the control. I'm always the reasonable guy.

EDIT2: Oh, I got so drunk.

You are a very reasonable person. 

What have you drowned your cares in tonight, Oves?

1 minute ago, bleeder said:

You are a very reasonable person. 

What have you drowned your cares in tonight, Oves?

Well, before the fighting began (I presume as the rest of my family was away so I don't know) there was a drink in the plan - whishy + some liquer which name I don't remember + lemon juice + ice. Then when the fighting began... few things happened... I'm not sure I want to share them - I'll decide when I'm sober - so I made myself a classic whisky + cola + ice (shame it was scotch and not burbon - burbon gets along with cola and scotch... not really). Then I went and made myself another glass.

All in all, it's not much - I've drunk much more... but never this quick. Seriously, I'm really drunk. Maybe it's the "Polish trait: +5 to withstanding alcohol". Maybe it's the drinking culture which made me know how to drink. Maybe it's my family which taught me how to behave/live/(can't find a proper word) with alcohol. Anyway I'm in control. One day I should try to lose this control. It's not a bad thing - I can drink a lot and know I'm not gonna mess anything up - but sometimes I want to get rid of that reasonable voice in the back of my head.

New entry. Yay.

Hey Alexander. I have a terrible feeling like a sad feeling but I'm not particularly sad about anything… and I know how these things go. First I'm sad then I'm depressed then I just..  can't handle it anymore..

Aus says it would be selfish. It only hurts those around me. I know that but I don't care. No anymore.

Hey Alex

Hi

What did I miss?

Nothing and everything…? I just can't handle it anymore Alex.

Walk me through it.

This this this SADNESS that I have no control over! How it controls me daily. I'm just done

Think you can try to hold out until next weekend? That way, I’ll have a shot at temporarily removing the sadness. Will probably fail, but still…

You mean our date? Ya lol I can't go to that remember I said my mom doesn't want me being your friend anymore and all that. She thinks I ditched last week cause of you…

She can’t control what happens at school…..

She's trying and I'm not letting her control our friendship so… ya she knows she can't control that but she sure can control my life outside of school.

Wonder if those times I hung out with you late after class was done could technically be considered dates…

I would certainly call them that

Yay for not epically failing already then. :P

Trust me Alexander you're FAR from having failed

I might be able to get out of some of the track stuff. My mom is rarely home before me.

Doesn't matter after tonight Alexander…

Of course it does. You will be there next week.

It's getting to the point where I don't think I will be…

Do you know when you’d make that happen?

Idk. Tonight. This weekend. Don't know yet.

Do you have a specific plan?

You already know my plan. Same as I told you the other Day.

Do I need to call the cops?

No… not yet at least. I'll tell you if you do...

Thank you. How will you recognize it? How will you be able to tell me early enough that something can actually be done?

That's the thing… I can tell you BEFORE I do it if I think I'm ACTUALLY gonna do it. Even then though you might not be able to save me

If you ever decide on a specific time, you tell me immediately. That’s when I call the cops even if you ask me not too.

I know. I will. I swear. The least I might do tonight is cut.

Alright, I trust you.

Why? I don't even trust myself anymore.

I trust you because you’ve been talking to me. Had you truly gone completely silent, I would have far less faith about this.

How scared are you right now? That I might ACTUALLY do it?

7/10. If you knew BOTH when and how, it would be a full 10.

Well I know how and I know when Alexander. I have for months now.

I’m talking about a specific date and time, not a circumstance.

Oh. Well we know I have the whole HOW part covered. I also know it would be between 10:00 pm and 2:00 am either tonight or anytime this weekend

Now you’ve bumped it to an 8. I’m talking to my counselor tomorrow.

Why? So many people say they are gonna talk  to their counselor about me and never do… and you know my mom is just gonna get mad at me when I got home from that. She doesn't believe that I'm suicidal.

Why? I’ve told mine that there’s a girl that Mr. Daly works with, and have already let her take it from there. I’m talking about this additional stuff. Your mom has not received a call yet. It wouldn’t be in her jurisdiction to make such a call, as you’re not one of her students.

Oh… explain please then

Sudano.

Who is your counselor oh ya don't know her. Go on...

It turns out, my counselor has already known for a while that there’s a girl that Mr. Daly talked about with your counselor often.   

She didn’t know any specifics. She does know that Daly and your counselor talk often.

Yay I know they do cause my mom gets calls often from Mrs Shantz (can't spell. She's out school social worker. My cxounselor is Mr Thomas.)

It was Shantz that I meant then.

ya I kinda figured that out.

Gtg mom’s calling me for dinner,

K be back on um 730?  

I’ll try.

Great thx

@Oversleep I hoe that as much as you're in control of yourself while drinking, you're also generally in control of drinking. We Polish people maybe have +5 alcohol resistance, but we don't have addiction immunity. I hope you'll find some other ways to go through all this that don't involve drinking.

@Silverblade5 I honestly hate her mother. It's good she has you. 

3 hours ago, Mestiv said:

@Oversleep I hoe that as much as you're in control of yourself while drinking, you're also generally in control of drinking. We Polish people maybe have +5 alcohol resistance, but we don't have addiction immunity. I hope you'll find some other ways to go through all this that don't involve drinking.

Alcohol is not my go-to in stressful situations or anything like that. Normally I just grit my teeth and go through the rust. It was just since I already was having a drink I kept at it. I'm very well aware of what drinking addiction is and I've never came even remotably close to it. Nothing to worry about here, really.