Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

I am so sick right now, it's miserable :(:( my immune system is very hardy and i usually never get sick but it's 1 AM and i can't sleep cause of how congested i am, i had cough drops and nyquill and everything but i can't breath through my nose and swallowing feels like my throat is being stabbed with needles. and whenever i sneeze it feels like my nose is gonna launch across the room (very painfully).

Sorry for the rant, i know getting sick is normal and i'm being a crybaby but it's just so miserable ahhh

10 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

I am so sick right now, it's miserable :(:( my immune system is very hardy and i usually never get sick but it's 1 AM and i can't sleep cause of how congested i am, i had cough drops and nyquill and everything but i can't breath through my nose and swallowing feels like my throat is being stabbed with needles. and whenever i sneeze it feels like my nose is gonna launch across the room (very painfully).

Sorry for the rant, i know getting sick is normal and i'm being a crybaby but it's just so miserable ahhh

Yeah, I hope you feel better soon! Being badly sick is awful.

55 minutes ago, ImportantQuestions said:

I'm also sick @Szeth's Facepalm. It happens every year. I also couldn't sleep the past couple nights and so when I did sleep I slept in a bad position so now I have back and neck pain. *sarcastic thumbs up* Gotta love it. :( 

*Hugs* I hope you feel better soon! It really stinks to be sick.

1 hour ago, ImportantQuestions said:

I'm also sick @Szeth's Facepalm. It happens every year. I also couldn't sleep the past couple nights and so when I did sleep I slept in a bad position so now I have back and neck pain. *sarcastic thumbs up* Gotta love it. :( 

Awwwww i'm sorry :(

5 minutes ago, AesSedai318 said:

Quadratic formulas hurt my brain. It's just math, but I'd rather read completely wrong cosmere theories all day.

*Gives emotional support* You'll get through it. Sorry you don't understand it. To be entirely fair, x= (-b plus or minus the square root of b^2-4ac) all divided by 2a hurts anyone's brain.

I'm having probably the worst day I've had in a long time. 

First, I had a swim meet. In that swim meet, some of my friends basically just decided that I wasn't allowed to know things and weren't super nice, so that's great. Then I had a ballroom competition. That was super stressful and hard because I had two partners instead of just one, on the very first dance competition of my entire life, so that's not a good combination. Also, you basically have to conceal everything you're feeling (at this point the list is angry, annoyed, struggling, angry, and upset) to look happy while you're dancing, so I did. We won an award as a team, so it must have worked, but concealing it made me feel worse. After that, I had to wait in the car for about 30 minutes total while mom was in a few different stores. Then I start my work and get told that instead of cleaning up just Shadow's (my dog's) poop for the pooper-scooper job, I have to do all the deer poop too. Then my sister put Shadow outside, exactly where she shouldn't be because she's going to eat all the deer poop. I tell her just that and she decides that that is my problem now. Then, when I finally get done with the lawn, after dealing with the puppy, and come inside and I'm about to vacuum, mom tells me that I have to do the rocks too, which we haven't had to do before. Then while I'm feeling all these emotions (see prior list and ignored, plus a couple more without names or something like that), my dad yells at me. So now I'm here. I have pretty much all of my chores to do and it's pretty much 7:30 pm. 

Anybody want to challenge the fact that I've had the worst day at the moment?

Nobody?

Going once, going twice, sold! First prize to me. :( I apparently had the worst day. Yay.

1 hour ago, ImportantQuestions said:

I'm having probably the worst day I've had in a long time. 

First, I had a swim meet. In that swim meet, some of my friends basically just decided that I wasn't allowed to know things and weren't super nice, so that's great. Then I had a ballroom competition. That was super stressful and hard because I had two partners instead of just one, on the very first dance competition of my entire life, so that's not a good combination. Also, you basically have to conceal everything you're feeling (at this point the list is angry, annoyed, struggling, angry, and upset) to look happy while you're dancing, so I did. We won an award as a team, so it must have worked, but concealing it made me feel worse. After that, I had to wait in the car for about 30 minutes total while mom was in a few different stores. Then I start my work and get told that instead of cleaning up just Shadow's (my dog's) poop for the pooper-scooper job, I have to do all the deer poop too. Then my sister put Shadow outside, exactly where she shouldn't be because she's going to eat all the deer poop. I tell her just that and she decides that that is my problem now. Then, when I finally get done with the lawn, after dealing with the puppy, and come inside and I'm about to vacuum, mom tells me that I have to do the rocks too, which we haven't had to do before. Then while I'm feeling all these emotions (see prior list and ignored, plus a couple more without names or something like that), my dad yells at me. So now I'm here. I have pretty much all of my chores to do and it's pretty much 7:30 pm. 

Anybody want to challenge the fact that I've had the worst day at the moment?

Nobody?

Going once, going twice, sold! First prize to me. :( I apparently had the worst day. Yay.

Days like that absolutely stink. A new day's coming, and I sincerely hope it's better--get some sleep, eat a favorite food, and relax as much as you can. It's going to be okay.

12 hours ago, Slowswift said:

eat a favorite food, and relax as much as you can

I'm eating ice cream and reading a book right now. Slowly but surely, the day is getting better. Plus, I can almost go to bed!!!

EDIT: I thought I could almost go to bed instead, there was something else I was supposed to do, that I blew off so I could cuddle with my puppy. Totally worth it!!!

Edited by ImportantQuestions
Did more stuff

On 11/1/2022 at 8:27 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Well my friends gf and them had a nice romantic halloween then i started venting about how frustrating it is to have a girlfriend who's always busy...

ok i can't explain this well myself.

i'll let the text messages do it for me.

Hide contents

img1.thumb.jpeg.9465e381939df3cbc2bc9a098ea50962.jpegimg2.thumb.jpeg.0c79ae307703f317e37dfe1454404025.jpegimg3.thumb.jpeg.d51fd1b66767ca5682925ffa7245b3d8.jpeg

i dunno y'all..

im worried for her, and my friend offered good advice, but i still worry for her.

i love her to death, and i don't want her to burn herself out, you know?

I know I'm a lot late, but I know what you feel. Your friend is right that she doesn't need to smile all the time. It's incredibly hard to see her sad, but you can't "fix" her, and she may feel worse if you do. With regards to therapy, that's not necessary what she needs, if you think she's too busy because she doesn't feel she has a purpose, then help her find a purpose in spending time with you. In addition, I'd suggest you research how you can support a person who's undergoing therapy, because you will make more of a difference than a doctor she doesn't know if you learn what a doctor would learn.

I hope that makes sense, I'm always willing to answer any questions, and I shouldn't be too busy coming up soon.

3 hours ago, Ta'veren Kaladin said:

I know I'm a lot late, but I know what you feel. Your friend is right that she doesn't need to smile all the time. It's incredibly hard to see her sad, but you can't "fix" her, and she may feel worse if you do. With regards to therapy, that's not necessary what she needs, if you think she's too busy because she doesn't feel she has a purpose, then help her find a purpose in spending time with you. In addition, I'd suggest you research how you can support a person who's undergoing therapy, because you will make more of a difference than a doctor she doesn't know if you learn what a doctor would learn.

I hope that makes sense, I'm always willing to answer any questions, and I shouldn't be too busy coming up soon.

I second this. Thank you so much for your input.

On 11/3/2022 at 0:08 AM, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Aaaaaaaaaaah! You‘ve injured me! Aaaaaaaaaaah! *Hugs* I Hope you get better soon. *Hugs*

On 11/5/2022 at 10:04 PM, ImportantQuestions said:

I'm eating ice cream and reading a book right now. Slowly but surely, the day is getting better. Plus, I can almost go to bed!!!

EDIT: I thought I could almost go to bed instead, there was something else I was supposed to do, that I blew off so I could cuddle with my puppy. Totally worth it!!!

Happy to hear it! ^_^

Hey all:

Allow me to share something.

Since February 2018, my digestive system has actively been trying to kill me. Nightly pain, for 4 years.

This past saturday, after getting dinner, my stomach decided to give me some of the worst pain I've experienced in all 4 years. Now, it's my own fault, because I had avocado and bacon, which are both fatty foods, and my galbladder is probably failing which means fatty foods are bad.

But;

I've been in pain for 4 years, and this was the worst out of those 4 years. I was genuinely suicidal. I considered, when I got in the shower, just ending it all to free myself from this pain.

I've never been suicidal before. It was honestly terrifying and I've been slightly depressed since then.

Just thought I'd let y'all know.

5 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hey all:

Allow me to share something.

Since February 2018, my digestive system has actively been trying to kill me. Nightly pain, for 4 years.

This past saturday, after getting dinner, my stomach decided to give me some of the worst pain I've experienced in all 4 years. Now, it's my own fault, because I had avocado and bacon, which are both fatty foods, and my galbladder is probably failing which means fatty foods are bad.

But;

I've been in pain for 4 years, and this was the worst out of those 4 years. I was genuinely suicidal. I considered, when I got in the shower, just ending it all to free myself from this pain.

I've never been suicidal before. It was honestly terrifying and I've been slightly depressed since then.

Just thought I'd let y'all know.

It sucks to feel like that and suicidal thoughts are terrifying. For me the best thing is to go be with a friend, even though I don't want to, because I feel better after talking to someone. It brightens my day and helps me to feel that there is at least one person who cares for me. Eventhough I know that my parents love me, when I'm depressed it is nearly impossible to feel that love.

Have you gotten any help or told anyone about this that can help you?

If you need someone to listen to you or to talk to, my PMs are always open.

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

I've texted three of my friends, but one of them is in Utah, and the other 2 are in Houston so.

Do they live there, or are they on vacation, or what? If they live there, I might know the one in Utah, depending on how old he is. I also probably shouldn't be writing this in the middle of AP human geography, but who really cares? ;) Oh well.

First of all I agree with Wizard even if I don't do that very well myself when I'm in similar situations.

But also I just had a panic attack and I have no idea why and that scares me. And now I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown because of it. And I know I should tell my parents when I get home but they have a tendency to downplay what I'm going through a bit and expect me to be a bit stronger than I am when it comes to these kind of things. And I'm still freaking out a bit and I don't know what to do.

2 minutes ago, ImportantQuestions said:

Do they live there, or are they on vacation, or what? If they live there, I might know the one in Utah, depending on how old he is. I also probably shouldn't be writing this in the middle of AP human geography, but who really cares? ;) Oh well.

She* lives in Utah, not gon say where, the other two live in Houston and I met them at FSY.

I know this doesn't work for everyone, but since you're on here you're likely a reader and typically readers don't hate to write. For me, it helps to write everything down on a paper, then tear it into as many pieces as are physically possible and throw it in a fire. 

It won't actually solve your problems; there's no simple phrase or event that can fix everything, but it does help to put things in perspective. Life always has it's highs and lows. Hold on! If you've read SA, try to remember a certain story Wit told Kaladin. 

I know that it may not be today, it may not be tomorrow, but there will be spots of light. Remember the good and hold on through the bad. I know that sometimes it seems much easier to slay a dragon than it does to fight your own mind the way many people in our day and age have to. Maybe it is, I'm not sure. But hold on. When there's nothing left to try, hold on until you physically cannot keep going.