Random Stuff III

I have to talk about a talk from General Conference.

For those who don't know, General Conference is the biannual meeting of the LDS church that takes place over four two-hour sessions, a Saturday and a Sunday. You can watch it live online or go to a church building where they're broadcasting it by satellite. The prophet, apostles and other called men and women of God speak about important things facing us today.

Well, one of these apostles, Russel M. Nelson, is a heart surgeon who pioneered open heart surgery. He gave a talk about the power of women and in it told possibly the most inspiring story I've ever heard in my life.

This is the link. The story starts at about the 8 minute mark, but the rest is fabulous too, so I'd recommend it all. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2015/10?lang=eng&vid=4531161806001&cid=9

That he could go on after all that and then because of his efforts literally save so many lives just because of a few words from his wife- just- wow.

*hugs everyone in world*

Or at least, you aren't a *good* pancake mix. We could hit you with some flour bombs and fix that though.

Not if the me pancakes can travel back in time and eat you before you make me into pancakes.

Which is going to create the most bizarre time paradox ever...

This sounds like an episode Moffatt would write when he was hungry.

He probably did... He has at least thought of the idea.

Morzathoth you have a literally fatal flaw in your plan.

Pancakes can't eat.

Sorry not sorry.

Also, when did time travel get involved?

Oh, but thats just what they want you to think. Just like how elephants has tricked everyone into thinking that they cant fly or cats have tricked humanity into thinking that we own the planet. We dont, cats do.

Im pretty sure I mentioned it the moment I got the idea.

I really want a Mistcoat, or a Mist tuxedo... Mistborn all kinds of clothing! You just need to sew tassels to everything.

I'm making a mistcloak for Halloween! It's so easy. Just get a sewing pattern for a normal cloak, but then only do the yolk and the hood. Instead of the real body, sew on a bunch a bunch of gray and black ribbons! Ta-da!!

Edit:

I have to talk about a talk from General Conference.

For those who don't know, General Conference is the biannual meeting of the LDS church that takes place over four two-hour sessions, a Saturday and a Sunday. You can watch it live online or go to a church building where they're broadcasting it by satellite. The prophet, apostles and other called men and women of God speak about important things facing us today.

Well, one of these apostles, Russel M. Nelson, is a heart surgeon who pioneered open heart surgery. He gave a talk about the power of women and in it told possibly the most inspiring story I've ever heard in my life.

This is the link. The story starts at about the 8 minute mark, but the rest is fabulous too, so I'd recommend it all. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2015/10?lang=eng&vid=4531161806001&cid=9

That he could go on after all that and then because of his efforts literally save so many lives just because of a few words from his wife- just- wow.

*hugs everyone in world*

I loved that talk!! I also loved the one that said "sometimes little boys just dig holes" and the one that said "'you want me to keep my seatbelt on because you love me!'" And then, of course, I was biased towards Elder Bednar's because he came to our stake this June for stake conference. He said a lot of the same things he said before, actually. Edited by The Honor Spren

Sorry for the double post, but it's been awhile and I'm on a different topic.
Not really a spoiler, just a extremely minor detail for SoS

There is a street in SoS called Tindwyl Promenade. SPOOK NAMED A STREET AFTER HER. 0.0

I just love Brandon's world building touches like this. ^_^

Edited by The Honor Spren

Okay, WOW. My sister, after not washing her hands after using the loo, just popped in my room and said "Germophobe!"

Normally, I'd only be mildly annoyed at this rudeness, but she grabbed my doorknob with her still unwashed hands.

GAAAAHHHH.

Chill. Calm down, go wipe your doorknob with antibacterial antibateria stuff if you must and go do some yoga. Mountain pose... Now prayer pose, down to downward-facing dog... Upward-facing dog...

Or eat a prosciutto and buffalo mozzarella sandwich with a hint of homemade pesto aioli.

I'm making a mistcloak for Halloween! It's so easy. Just get a sewing pattern for a normal cloak, but then only do the yolk and the hood. Instead of the real body, sew on a bunch a bunch of gray and black ribbons! Ta-da!!

Edit:

I loved that talk!! I also loved the one that said "sometimes little boys just dig holes" and the one that said "'you want me to keep my seatbelt on because you love me!'" And then, of course, I was biased towards Elder Bednar's because he came to our stake this June for stake conference. He said a lot of the same things he said before, actually.

Cool! I liked those talks too. Elder Bednar's was beautiful. And our stake had Elder Cook at our stake conference! What are the odds? It isn't often a general authority comes to your very own stake conference!

I have very eclectic tastes. We have a weeklong Thanksgiving break off from school and my first thought when my mom asked me what I wanted to do was "Pride and Prejudice and Lord of the Rings marathons!"

Edited by Mistrunner

I have very eclectic tastes. We have a weeklong Thanksgiving break off from school and my first thought when my mom asked me what I wanted to do was "Pride and Prejudice and Lord of the Rings marathons!"

I like Pride and Prejudice. It's good. I was in a play of it two years ago. . . . One of the servants. But I was essentially the narrator! :)

But you had better like the five hour long one better than the new one. So much better.

Chill. Calm down, go wipe your doorknob with antibacterial antibateria stuff if you must and go do some yoga. Mountain pose... Now prayer pose, down to downward-facing dog... Upward-facing dog...

Or eat a prosciutto and buffalo mozzarella sandwich with a hint of homemade pesto aioli.

Cool! I liked those talks too. Elder Bednar's was beautiful. And our stake had Elder Cook at our stake conference! What are the odds? It isn't often a general authority comes to your very own stake conference!

I actually went to Salt Lake to watch the talks. I only got to go into the actual Conference Center for the Priesthood session.

I found out Brandon Sanderson is doing a youth fireside at my stake nest sunday! NO JOKE!

...I'll find a way to sneak in. I just know I will.

Okay, WOW. My sister, after not washing her hands after using the loo, just popped in my room and said "Germophobe!"

Normally, I'd only be mildly annoyed at this rudeness, but she grabbed my doorknob with her still unwashed hands.

GAAAAHHHH.

Germaphobe not-with-standing, people that don't wash their hands after they've been to the lav are grim. It really irks me, and grosses me out when people do that.

I've never really been a big fan of pancakes (at least, Brit version anyway)

...I'll admit, I've never read/seen Pride and Prejudice, mainly due to lack of interest but I will at some point.

Edited by ParadoxSpren

Storms Kaymyth dont ninja me XD

This plan sounds great.

Im not sure where to post stories myself... (Yes, I will get to my horror shorts thread...) I think it is easier to post it somewhere that is better suited to really long stories, so option number 2?

Bah, I get accused of being a ninja at work, why not here, too?  :D

I like my plan.  It's reasonable, and gives me time to adjust things as needed while still getting it out in a decent timeframe.  Fortunately, my story starts about a decade before Alloy of Law, so I don't have to worry about events getting mucked up, but I do want to try and get as many mechanics and world details right as I can.  Canon-but-not-canon.  ish.

Likewise, there are parts of Arizona that aren't Phoenix, Brandon...like Tucson. :ph34r:

And there is this place called Central/Easter Europe... maybe someday...

I've never eaten the american version of pancakes, but I like our Polish and maybe EuropeAn version :) (our pancakes are flat like tortilla, but sweet and we put different stuff on them)

Like crepes?

I had to google for images as I didn't know that word and yeah, that's exactly them... It seems my English teachers were lying to me about how to talk about this kind of food :P

Surprisingly, Google Translate translates both pancakes and crepes to "naleśniki". So I guess we don't really have a word for pancakes in Polish :)