You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

(More of a 17th Shard thing, but Shard things are Sanderfan things almost by definition.)

When you are exited to realize that your upvotes/posts ratio is 2.14, while Kobold King's is 1.859, meaning that--for the moment at least--you are averaging more upvotes per post than he is. Admittedly, I don't have a large number of posts yet, but still. (Yes, I checked my suspicions with a calculator, although the numbers have probably changed by the time you see them--colors, probably by the time I finish tying, given how fast Kobold King gets upvotes.) 

This one's probably been done already, but I'll go ahead and say it again; Kobold King knows he's a Sanderfan when other people make endless comparisons to him while discussing being Sanderfans.

I've always thought Coulson would make an excellent Returned, but the parallels between him and Kaladin would make for an awesome story!

As for the setting of that story, my only thought is that Kal needs access to stormlight... But seeing Coulson try to remember recruit Kaladin for the Avengers would be amazing too. :D

On topic, you know you're a Sanderfan when you're learning how to program and all your variables are Cosmere names.

"Lift" is a computer science term. Make use of it in your programs  ;)

EDIT: And "Pattern" is a thing also.

EDIT 2: Soulcasting is a thing also.

EDIT 3: And don't forget the Codes

Edited by Xaladin

When your public library has a summer reading challenge for adults and your book list that you've read so far since May 30th is the following:

June 4th: Wool Omnibus, Hugh Howey

June 8th: Shift Omnibus, Hugh Howey

June 11th: Dust, Hugh Howey

June 19th: The White Castle, Orhan Pamuk

(I had gone to Turkey for the first two weeks of June and decided to read something from a local author)

June 20th: Sixth of the Dusk, Brandon Sanderson

June 21st: Shadows for Silence in the Forest of Hell, Brandon Sanderson

June 23rd: Mitosis, Brandon Sanderson

June 30th: Elantris, Brandon Sanderson

July 3rd: The Emperor's Soul, Brandon Sanderson

July 5th: The Moose Belongs to Me, Oliver Jeffers

Yes, a kids book. And it was amazing ;)

July 10th: White Sand, Brandon Sanderson

July 17th: Alloy of Law, Brandon Sanderson

So...out of curiosity, what should I read next from Brandon for my summer reading challenge?! I'm thinking of re-reading Warbreaker or Steelheart next. 

[Edit: formatting]

Edited by Titan Arum

When your public library has a summer reading challenge for adults and your book list that you've read so far since May 30th is the following:

June 4th: Wool Omnibus, Hugh Howey

June 8th: Shift Omnibus, Hugh Howey

June 11th: Dust, Hugh Howey

June 19th: The White Castle, Orhan Pamuk

(I had gone to Turkey for the first two weeks of June and decided to read something from a local author)

June 20th: Sixth of the Dusk, Brandon Sanderson

June 21st: Shadows for Silence in the Forest of Hell, Brandon Sanderson

June 23rd: Mitosis, Brandon Sanderson

June 30th: Elantris, Brandon Sanderson

July 3rd: The Emperor's Soul, Brandon Sanderson

July 5th: The Moose Belongs to Me, Oliver Jeffers

Yes, a kids book. And it was amazing ;)

July 10th: White Sand, Brandon Sanderson

July 17th: Alloy of Law, Brandon Sanderson

So...out of curiosity, what should I read next from Brandon for my summer reading challenge?! I'm thinking of re-reading Warbreaker or Steelheart next. 

[Edit: formatting]

Go through the final empire series and the two stormlight archives books. :P

Go through the final empire series and the two stormlight archives books. :P

I re-read the Mistborn trilogy in May, so it doesn't count towards my summer reading list! And...I'm leaving a re-read of SA out for now since I can't WIN the summer reading contest if I read 1000+ page tomes!

Edited by Titan Arum

I re-read the Mistborn trilogy in May, so it doesn't count towards my summer reading list! And...I'm leaving a re-read of SA out for now since I can't WIN the summer reading contest if I read 1000+ page tomes!

That then leaves Warbreaker, Perfect State, Alloy of Law, Reckoners, Rithmatist, Alcatraz, and his other published short stories (most of which are on his website). After that you'll have read them all (unless you count WoT).

When your reading list is composed more of Sanderson books to reread than books by other authors to read for the first time. (true story)

227eb7d2f82838715d9091ec784e949709fdb7c6

Also, when you have gotten someone new into the Cosmere and they ask you a question and the only reply you can give them without ruining something is ...RAFO

Edited by Iron Eyes

When someone says "splentastic" and you have to correct them. It's "Spren tastic."

When confusion (of any kind) causes you to form the thought in your head with the following words: "That makes no sense." which is soon followed by "You must take this" and "Tell my brother"