You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When you spend an entire thunderstorm trying to calm the kitten down by telling him 'It's ok. The Stormfather may be nuts, but he;s generally friendly'.

I didn't work, and now the kitten has declared war on my toes :(

When you spend 10 hours straight on the 17th Shard catching up to your 2000 or so notifications.

The most I've ever had was after being gone for a full week, and there were 1277 notifications. A close second was after an apparently prolific weekend where I had 1066 notifications.

Edited by Blaze1616

When you have a bad day and you turn to the 17th Shard before talking to your family. Though, to be honest, the 17th Shard is my family. Sorry. I'm in a rather strange mood. It must be the relentless rain. The Weeping has started.  <_<

When this conversation actually happened:

{insert discussion on dental things here}

Me: I am offend!

Cousin: What?

Me: I am very offend!

Cousin: Ok then....

Me: You agree? Bad teeth?

Cousin: No! I've never even paid attention to your teeth

Me: I am offend. 

Cousin: Seriously

Me: No apologize! Boots!

Cousin: Sneakers!

Me: You will apology with boots.

Cousin: I have no idea what you're saying... And I never insulted you.

Cousin: Not intentionally, anyways.

Me: You insult! I will tell all who are to listen! I will say, "[name] is stealer of boots and stealer of vesture!"

Cousin: Um....

Cousin: Right. You do that.

When you try to get more people to read sanderso so you can have conversations like that with them. it's no satisfaction to have it ith someone who does not understand.

When you try to get more people to read sanderso so you can have conversations like that with them. it's no satisfaction to have it ith someone who does not understand.

As I so frequently say, "Ignorant airsick lowlanders"  ;)

When you have a bad day and you turn to the 17th Shard before talking to your family. Though, to be honest, the 17th Shard is my family. Sorry. I'm in a rather strange mood. It must be the relentless rain. The Weeping has started.  <_<

I can name at least five people off the top of my head that are like this.

When this conversation actually happened:

{insert discussion on dental things here}

Me: I am offend!

Cousin: What?

Me: I am very offend!

Cousin: Ok then....

Me: You agree? Bad teeth?

Cousin: No! I've never even paid attention to your teeth

Me: I am offend. 

Cousin: Seriously

Me: No apologize! Boots!

Cousin: Sneakers!

Me: You will apology with boots.

Cousin: I have no idea what you're saying... And I never insulted you.

Cousin: Not intentionally, anyways.

Me: You insult! I will tell all who are to listen! I will say, "[name] is stealer of boots and stealer of vesture!"

Cousin: Um....

Cousin: Right. You do that.

When your family is all completely used to you saying things like this. Everyone knows "I am a stick!" and "I am offend!". They're used to mutters of "airsick lowlanders" or "we mistborn need not make sense". My little sister, a devout avoider of books, also knows "Szeth-son-son-Vallano, Truthless of Shinovar, wore white on the day he was to kill a king".

My siblings and I also get each other's attention by shouting "Child of Tanavast! Child of Honor! Child of one long since departed". When we get really into it we also include the whole "Men ride the storms no longer." "Wait! Why is there so much war? Must we always fight?" "Odium reigns".

You also know you're a Sanderfan when this happens:

Person 1: "That's not fair!"

Person 2: "Life isn't fair."

Me: *in dramatic whisper* "Odium reigns..."

Last night there was an amazingly intense rainstorm in my area. My friend and I were driving home in it. We kept making Roshar and Everstorm jokes the entire time. There was a ton of lightning, sometimes a bolt every three seconds at the best point of the storm. Most of it was behind cloud cover, so it illuminated the clouds. So we talked about Stormlight. Since this was our own little Everstorm we called it the "Odium Rains."

Last night there was an amazingly intense rainstorm in my area. My friend and I were driving home in it. We kept making Roshar and Everstorm jokes the entire time. There was a ton of lightning, sometimes a bolt every three seconds at the best point of the storm. Most of it was behind cloud cover, so it illuminated the clouds. So we talked about Stormlight. Since this was our own little Everstorm we called it the "Odium Rains."

We should totally rename monsoon to 'odium rains'.

Except (I think) it fertilises the soil, but Cultivation Rains doesn't have quite the same ring to it. :P

When you see an article with the headline "Is there a killer squirrel virus?" and your first response is: "No way, they're just Lifeless Squirrels. They didn't become killers from a virus, but a person's Breath. Duh."

This spoiler is a rant about poor journalism. If you do not care, feel free to skip what's inside :)

[rant] That headline is soooo misleading that it's ridiculous. It DOES make it sound like a virus that makes squirrels become crazy killers, similar to the crazy zombie ant fungus. Instead, this article is about a virus transmitted to squirrels from humans, that has killed humans. It would've been way more interesting if the squirrels were actually killers, hence the click-bait headline. Grr, I can't stand news articles like this! There are so many crap "news" websites these days that just make stuff up or mislead. Whatever happened to truly vetted, well-written articles? [/rant]

[Edited to update my rant]

Edited by Titan Arum

That is one of my many excuses for not being a drug addict.

You know you are a Sanderfan when you almost swear (because swearing is bad, don't do it) that you see Tyn somewhere up the canyon, and then the same week you are bummed because you find that all the frequent, about-thrice-daily storms are coming from the south, as far as anyone can tell.

Also, when you find out that the Way of Kings does NOT use the metric system, which is now bugging me really badly.  Like, really badly, read the Geranid chapter in part 3 interludes.  I mean, the entire Vorin system is based on the number 10, isn't it?! :angry: