You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When you almost give up writing because you find out Brandon made the map of Roshar from a fractal. (Can't find a link.)

Seriously, Brandon Sanderson, be a little worse of an author to make us mortals feel less bad. (Not really, stay good.)

When you constantly compare other authors to him and find them lacking.

Here you go, all the credit in world to Veil for figuring it out... I studied Julia sets at one point and still didn't recognize it until I saw Veil's post...

I wish I knew more about math so I could really contribute to this conversation. Like I have no idea what Julia sets and Fatou sets are or whether they have anything at all to do with Roshar, but...

256px--Julia_set_3d_slice_animation.ogg.

Come on. Tell me that doesn't look like Roshar.

Also, I like the sound of "Julia set behaviour is chaotic, while Fatou set behavior is regular/ordered." Sounds a bit like Honor and Cultivation to me.

(By the way, RShara, if you see this, it might be helpful to add the summary to your first post so newcomers to the thread can get caught up.)

Write all your literary essays about Brandon Sanderson books. It's more or less what I did. :ph34r:

I almost did, but then decided it would ruin the books for me.

Also, they are way complex and id have to write like 20 pages to analyse one theme.

Edited by Delightful

Best. Book report. Ever.

Even if it took 20 pages, it would be so fun to write! Example: WoR. 10 pages on Stick.

Words of Radiance: A report: Part 1 of 638

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Contents

1...............A summary of the Stick scene

2...............The meaning of Stick

3...............An in-depth analysis of Stick's species

4...............The history of Stick

5...............Stick and Shallan: A contrast

6...............The metaphysical effects of soulcasting upon Stick

7...............The evolution of Stick

8...............Possible backstory of Stick

9...............Stick compared to regular sticks

10.............A brief conclusion to the "Stick" segment.

You know you're a Sanderfan when your book reports all have ten pages discussing Stick. (Even if it's not a book written by Brandon Sanderson.)

Edited by Evil_Reptile

I wasn't under the opinion Horneaters actually ate chull dung. Rock just dumped it in Sadeas's soup. Because, you know, chull dung. Sadeas deserved it. :P

I was referring to their shells. If you thought I was referring to Sadeas's food, I may have to rescind my earlier comment.

Also, you know you're a Sanderfan when you debate the value of using chull in food. 

I was referring to their shells. If you thought I was referring to Sadeas's food, I may have to rescind my earlier comment.

Also, you know you're a Sanderfan when you debate the value of using chull in food. 

Mostly it was the fact that chull (while incredibly cute [what??? They are!]) happens to be a replacement swear here. Guess that kind of leaked through. :P Though I don't know if Horneaters eat chull either... 

Mostly it was the fact that chull (while incredibly cute [what??? They are!]) happens to be a replacement swear here. Guess that kind of leaked through. :P Though I don't know if Horneaters eat chull either... 

Well, I didn't know that, having only three days experience. Also, I'm beginning to get the feeling that there was something fishy about the cookies I was offered. I distinctly recall there being some mention of Horneaters eating shells. Perhaps not specifically chull shells, but that was implied. (Also, I need to add "Chull" and "Horneater" to the dictionary.)