You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When you stop at every airport bookstore whenever you travel hoping to find a book "vandalized" by Brandon himself.

So far...none have been found, but I bought two of his books at the Seattle airport Monday night anyway because my Kindle was dead and I needed something to read!

"There are no ideals past the first," the Cryptic whispered. "Now, you must speak truths."

Mistrunner took a deep breath. "You want a truth?" she said. "I have no social life."

"Ah... a powerful truth indeed."

Speak again the hallowed oaths:

Books before friends.

17th Shard before the real world.

Release dates before birthdays.

The Knights Awkward must stand again.

I'm joining as well, "I will put the WoB before all else"

When you stop at every airport bookstore whenever you travel hoping to find a book "vandalized" by Brandon himself.

So far...none have been found, but I bought two of his books at the Seattle airport Monday night anyway because my Kindle was dead and I needed something to read!

I believe the official term is Brandalized. :)

When everyone is taking different routes back to the parking lot and someone says "Well, I guess it doesn't matter which way we go; they'll all get us there." your first thought is "But...but...the First Ideal...'Journey before destination'."

Really happened on the way out of a restaurant yesterday.

I actually lol'd. Highfive!

You know you're a sanderfan when you're family is at the dinner table talking about how you're brother had a rock for a best friend when he was 3. And you sit there thinking, "but Kaladin has a Rock for a best friend. . . "

So did Tien (too soon?) Perhaps your brother was seeing Rockspren!!! :o

You know you're a sanderfan whenever you see the word Invest (and derivatives) and you automatically think "What if the internets were invested?" *thehorror* that or

When your paranoia kicks in that the Shards are real and are trying to send you a message and hunt you down (The truth is out there, Stick told me so)

Or when you think Stick from Daredevil is an apprentice of the Supreme Overlord and must be a part of B.A.R.K and B.I.T.E as well as The Chaste

Edited by ParadoxSpren

When you have the following conversation.

Me: you know what crossover I really want to write?

Brother: Coulson and.....?

Me: A Kaladin/Coulson crossover. Think about it. Both love protecting people, Kaladin is broken and thinks he can never protect everyone, Coulson is the protective father figure that encourages and sees the best in everyone, and never gives up on anyone for anything.

*both distracted for a minute*

Me: oh and did you see Brandon's nearly done with the Dalinar flashbacks?!

*pause*

Brother: I want Coulson flashbacks.

*btw I totally want to write that crossover. Which setting would y'all suggest, cause I can't decide.

Edited by Delightful

When you have the following conversation.

Me: you know what crossover I really want to write?

Brother: Coulson and.....?

Me: A Kaladin/Coulson crossover. Think about it. Both love protecting people, Kaladin is broken and thinks he can never protect everyone, Coulson is the protective father figure that encourages and sees the best in everyone, and never gives up on anyone for anything.

*both distracted for a minute*

Me: oh and did you see Brandon's nearly done with the Dalinar flashbacks?!

*pause*

Brother: I want Coulson flashbacks.

*btw I totally want to write that crossover. Which setting would y'all suggest, cause I can't decide.

I've always thought Coulson would make an excellent Returned, but the parallels between him and Kaladin would make for an awesome story!

As for the setting of that story, my only thought is that Kal needs access to stormlight... But seeing Coulson try to remember recruit Kaladin for the Avengers would be amazing too. :D

On topic, you know you're a Sanderfan when you're learning how to program and all your variables are Cosmere names.

I've always thought Coulson would make an excellent Returned, but the parallels between him and Kaladin would make for an awesome story!

As for the setting of that story, my only thought is that Kal needs access to stormlight... But seeing Coulson try to remember recruit Kaladin for the Avengers would be amazing too. :D

On topic, you know you're a Sanderfan when you're learning how to program and all your variables are Cosmere names.

He would be A Magical Returned. :P.

And goodness, what would his name be?

Funnily enough I imagined Kal joining AoS (funnily enough since theres already a Cal) rather than Avengers. I'll have to play around with the ideas a little and see what works.

He would be A Magical Returned. :P.

And goodness, what would his name be?

Funnily enough I imagined Kal joining AoS (funnily enough since theres already a Cal) rather than Avengers. I'll have to play around with the ideas a little and see what works.

AoS would be even better! Haha, I love it already.

...Speaking of Cosmere/AoS crossovers, I once tried to write one where Coulson and crew had to investigate Vivenna and Nightblood. The idea was sound, I think, but the execution? *shakes head* Not so much. :P

By the way, does anyone have any ideas for Coulson's Returned name? Or even what he would be god of?

Edit: I volunteer as high priestess.

Edited by Brightness Random

You know you're a Sanderfan when the most stressful moment of your day is wondering if others will agree with your theory, the most frustrating is no notifications or messages, the saddest is being reminded of a favorite character's death, and the happiest is getting upvoted. You know, I'm starting to wonder if there are virtual rioters who are manipulating my emotions.  :huh:

"virtual riot" is the name of an amazing electronic music artist