The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

12 minutes ago, Zurvanite said:

I talked with coworker the other day (the sweetest little old lady I've ever worked with) and it turns out she's a MASSIVE fantasy book reader. While we were talking about our favorite authors, she mentioned she was moving and couldn't take all her books with her and was going to donate them. Then she asked if I wanted some of them. I of course said yes! I thought it was going to be a small box of about 10 books at most. She comes in two days later with two bags filled to the brim with books. 50 in total. I need a new bookshelf now!

That's amazing!!!!! So lucky! Are you going to read them all?

On 9/21/2023 at 3:38 PM, Nathrangking said:

I'm getting married in less than 3 weeks. I'm both terrified and filled with joy. 

Very belated congratulations! I pray your marriage will be a blessing! The LORD bless you and your spouse and your life together!

5 hours ago, Ixthos said:

Very belated congratulations! I pray your marriage will be a blessing! The LORD bless you and your spouse and your life together!

May it be so. In the current state of things it is not going through go quite as we had planned. Thank God we are safe, but it is scary here.

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

May it be so. In the current state of things it is not going through go quite as we had planned. Thank God we are safe, but it is scary here.

Amen to your safety! I'll be praying for you and yours - I hope you stay safe and this conflict ends soon. The LORD God be with you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2023 at 9:36 PM, Zurvanight said:

I talked with coworker the other day (the sweetest little old lady I've ever worked with) and it turns out she's a MASSIVE fantasy book reader. While we were talking about our favorite authors, she mentioned she was moving and couldn't take all her books with her and was going to donate them. Then she asked if I wanted some of them. I of course said yes! I thought it was going to be a small box of about 10 books at most. She comes in two days later with two bags filled to the brim with books. 50 in total. I need a new bookshelf now!

20231001_211236.thumb.jpg.da4d85ab8970fde7fe258a29eeae861c.jpg

20231001_211305.thumb.jpg.1529b60eddef33b28015c700debb3c79.jpg

20231001_211316.thumb.jpg.10cda31afb6e9e684d69cf839dd99957.jpg

I love your cat. Peeking at those books. Wanting to read them. Peering at the books from the glorious co-worker. Oh how the cat appears to love the books. One might call it a book cat.

Edited by Canada Lover

4 hours ago, Ookla the Wayfarer said:

I just received my chair placement audition results in band. I am now principal trumpet in the top band at my school. Also, my band is one of the best in the county, so hooray for that too! I have been waiting for this moment for literally years.

Lol. Good job. It's not like I've been principle chair in the same band since the beginning of the school year. 😛

4 hours ago, Ookla the Wayfarer said:

I just received my chair placement audition results in band. I am now principal trumpet in the top band at my school. Also, my band is one of the best in the county, so hooray for that too! I have been waiting for this moment for literally years.

Nice! Band is great and that’s really amazing that it’s one of the best.

Spoiler

I’ll even forgive the fact that you’re a trumpet.

10 hours ago, Ookla the foolish said:

Nice! Band is great and that’s really amazing that it’s one of the best.

Reveal hidden contents

I’ll even forgive the fact that you’re a trumpet.

Thank you.

Spoiler

Trumpet is the best instrument, other than piano. No contest.

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Wayfarer said:

Trumpet is the best instrument, other than piano. No contest.

Spoiler

I play trombone, it’s better.

Spoiler

But it that’s beside the point, once again, great job!

Edited by Ookla the foolish