Jump to content

The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!


traceria

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

I JUST FOUND OUT I GOT A PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP TO BYU

LETSSSSS GOOOOOOOOO IM LITERALLY SO EXCITED AND I JUST CANT HIDE IT

150% TUITION BABYYYYYY

LITERALLY FOUR YEARS OF ENDLESS WORK PAYING OFF

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CONGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATSS!!
I'M NOT ENTIRELY SURE WHAT THAT IS, BUT IT SOUNDS AWESOME!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

I JUST FOUND OUT I GOT A PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP TO BYU

LETSSSSS GOOOOOOOOO IM LITERALLY SO EXCITED AND I JUST CANT HIDE IT

150% TUITION BABYYYYYY

LITERALLY FOUR YEARS OF ENDLESS WORK PAYING OFF

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YAHOOO! :D

I got accepted into BYU as well but not with that scholarship.

That's incredible Silhouette!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Shallan Stormblessed said:

CONGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATSS!!
I'M NOT ENTIRELY SURE WHAT THAT IS, BUT IT SOUNDS AWESOME!

NELSON SCHOLARSHIP :DDD

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

YAHOOO! :D

I got accepted into BYU as well but not with that scholarship.

That's incredible Silhouette!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LETS STORMING GO WIZ

IM SO HYPED TO HANG OUT WITH YOU AT SCHOOL

Edited by Shining Silhouette
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

I JUST FOUND OUT I GOT A PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP TO BYU

LETSSSSS GOOOOOOOOO IM LITERALLY SO EXCITED AND I JUST CANT HIDE IT

150% TUITION BABYYYYYY

LITERALLY FOUR YEARS OF ENDLESS WORK PAYING OFF

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What an accomplishment! Well done!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/17/2023 at 6:39 PM, Shining Silhouette said:

I JUST FOUND OUT I GOT A PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP TO BYU

LETSSSSS GOOOOOOOOO IM LITERALLY SO EXCITED AND I JUST CANT HIDE IT

150% TUITION BABYYYYYY

LITERALLY FOUR YEARS OF ENDLESS WORK PAYING OFF

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That's freaking awesome!

Edited by Gregorio
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

I JUST FOUND OUT I GOT A PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP TO BYU

LETSSSSS GOOOOOOOOO IM LITERALLY SO EXCITED AND I JUST CANT HIDE IT

150% TUITION BABYYYYYY

LITERALLY FOUR YEARS OF ENDLESS WORK PAYING OFF

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

 

13 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

YAHOOO! :D

I got accepted into BYU as well but not with that scholarship.

That's incredible Silhouette!

YEAHHHH!!! THATS INSANE!!! 

ENJOY UTAH!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

I JUST FOUND OUT I GOT A PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP TO BYU

LETSSSSS GOOOOOOOOO IM LITERALLY SO EXCITED AND I JUST CANT HIDE IT

150% TUITION BABYYYYYY

LITERALLY FOUR YEARS OF ENDLESS WORK PAYING OFF

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THAT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

I JUST FOUND OUT I GOT A PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP TO BYU

LETSSSSS GOOOOOOOOO IM LITERALLY SO EXCITED AND I JUST CANT HIDE IT

150% TUITION BABYYYYYY

LITERALLY FOUR YEARS OF ENDLESS WORK PAYING OFF

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is INCREDIBLE!!!! We need fun college stories when you get there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, King Joseph said:

I've found a website called Khan Academy to help me get my SAT score up!

It may be a bit irrelevant, but does anyone have tips for the SAT?

I have a couple of tips :P

First of all, just so you know, it really is possible to ace the SAT (or get pretty close) if you fully commit yourself to putting the work in.

Second, practice is key. Taking as many practice tests as you can (there are 10 or so on Khan Academy) really helps get you used to the kinds of questions the test asks. Pattern recognition is especially important for the reading and writing sections because the SAT uses logic there that is sometimes unfamiliar, and once you get used to it you'll understand the test better. Practicing your weaker sections (and your weaker topics) is really important because focusing there is where you can see the biggest improvement in your test score.

Third, when grading your tests, LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES. This is probably the most important. Say you take five practice tests, and on each of them you learn from only half of the questions you get wrong, you're going to see a huge improvement in your score already. Make the mistake on the practice test so you don't make it on the actual test.

Also, sometimes you gotta remember that it's just a test, so don't let yourself get too stressed about it.

You got this!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

I have a couple of tips :P

First of all, just so you know, it really is possible to ace the SAT (or get pretty close) if you fully commit yourself to putting the work in.

Second, practice is key. Taking as many practice tests as you can (there are 10 or so on Khan Academy) really helps get you used to the kinds of questions the test asks. Pattern recognition is especially important for the reading and writing sections because the SAT uses logic there that is sometimes unfamiliar, and once you get used to it you'll understand the test better. Practicing your weaker sections (and your weaker topics) is really important because focusing there is where you can see the biggest improvement in your test score.

Third, when grading your tests, LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES. This is probably the most important. Say you take five practice tests, and on each of them you learn from only half of the questions you get wrong, you're going to see a huge improvement in your score already. Make the mistake on the practice test so you don't make it on the actual test.

Also, sometimes you gotta remember that it's just a test, so don't let yourself get too stressed about it.

You got this!

As always, Silh has great advice. :P:D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

I have a couple of tips :P

First of all, just so you know, it really is possible to ace the SAT (or get pretty close) if you fully commit yourself to putting the work in.

Second, practice is key. Taking as many practice tests as you can (there are 10 or so on Khan Academy) really helps get you used to the kinds of questions the test asks. Pattern recognition is especially important for the reading and writing sections because the SAT uses logic there that is sometimes unfamiliar, and once you get used to it you'll understand the test better. Practicing your weaker sections (and your weaker topics) is really important because focusing there is where you can see the biggest improvement in your test score.

Third, when grading your tests, LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES. This is probably the most important. Say you take five practice tests, and on each of them you learn from only half of the questions you get wrong, you're going to see a huge improvement in your score already. Make the mistake on the practice test so you don't make it on the actual test.

Also, sometimes you gotta remember that it's just a test, so don't let yourself get too stressed about it.

You got this!

Thank you :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I JUST HAD MY HISTORY FINAL (I DETEST HISTORY ITS ONE OF MY WEAKEST SUBJECTS) 

AND IT WENT STORMING AWESOME 

i honestly dont know what marks ill get but it went far better than any of history papers have ever gone and im very proud of how hard i worked 

(Side note- im in tenth and 11th here is considered college. In 11th you have a choice between history and english and i, obviously, will choose english) (THIS MEANS THAT THIS WAS THE LAST HISTORY PAPER I EVER HAD TO GIVE I NEVER HAVE TO LOOK AT A HISTORY TEXTBOOK AGAIN) 

THROWS CONFETTI 

MANIC LAUGHTER

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Cruciatus_heart said:

I JUST HAD MY HISTORY FINAL (I DETEST HISTORY ITS ONE OF MY WEAKEST SUBJECTS) 

AND IT WENT STORMING AWESOME 

i honestly dont know what marks ill get but it went far better than any of history papers have ever gone and im very proud of how hard i worked 

(Side note- im in tenth and 11th here is considered college. In 11th you have a choice between history and english and i, obviously, will choose english) (THIS MEANS THAT THIS WAS THE LAST HISTORY PAPER I EVER HAD TO GIVE I NEVER HAVE TO LOOK AT A HISTORY TEXTBOOK AGAIN) 

THROWS CONFETTI 

MANIC LAUGHTER

YAYYYY!!!!

(also I love your new username btw)

Edited by Cinnamon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Cruciatus_heart said:

I JUST HAD MY HISTORY FINAL (I DETEST HISTORY ITS ONE OF MY WEAKEST SUBJECTS) 

AND IT WENT STORMING AWESOME 

i honestly dont know what marks ill get but it went far better than any of history papers have ever gone and im very proud of how hard i worked 

(Side note- im in tenth and 11th here is considered college. In 11th you have a choice between history and english and i, obviously, will choose english) (THIS MEANS THAT THIS WAS THE LAST HISTORY PAPER I EVER HAD TO GIVE I NEVER HAVE TO LOOK AT A HISTORY TEXTBOOK AGAIN) 

THROWS CONFETTI 

MANIC LAUGHTER

YAYYYYYYY!!!! Good for you!!!!! I'm glad it went well!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had my flute lesson today and my teacher thinks I can take my grade 7 exam after easter holiday!

and I only did grade 6 at christmas-

(and yes i know that’s kinda low levelled but i’m definitely on the younger side of the shard so cut me some slack :P)

(for peoples not familiar with the music exam system, there are 8 grades and you take the grade exams once you’ve prepared a bunch of repertoire, scales, sightreading, aural etc. and the system is devised on the basis that it takes a year for you to go from complete beginner to grade 1, then another year from grade 1-2 etc, but most people take longer than that. so the thing i’m happy about is doing it in 2/3 of an academic year :DD)

so, yay! more intense practice, stress, mock exams, recordings, rehearsals, and fun! (but in all seriousness i’m super excited cause then I can say ‘i’m grade 7’ and I won’t always be the lowest graded person in every orchestra ever lol)

(sorry this is kinda lowkey for the things people share in here and i don’t want to detract from cruciatus_heart’s super super cool achievement (well done by the way!!) but i’m happy :P)

(storms that was a lot of parentheses!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/6/2023 at 7:11 AM, Shadowed said:

I had my flute lesson today and my teacher thinks I can take my grade 7 exam after easter holiday!

and I only did grade 6 at christmas-

(and yes i know that’s kinda low levelled but i’m definitely on the younger side of the shard so cut me some slack :P)

(for peoples not familiar with the music exam system, there are 8 grades and you take the grade exams once you’ve prepared a bunch of repertoire, scales, sightreading, aural etc. and the system is devised on the basis that it takes a year for you to go from complete beginner to grade 1, then another year from grade 1-2 etc, but most people take longer than that. so the thing i’m happy about is doing it in 2/3 of an academic year :DD)

so, yay! more intense practice, stress, mock exams, recordings, rehearsals, and fun! (but in all seriousness i’m super excited cause then I can say ‘i’m grade 7’ and I won’t always be the lowest graded person in every orchestra ever lol)

(sorry this is kinda lowkey for the things people share in here and i don’t want to detract from cruciatus_heart’s super super cool achievement (well done by the way!!) but i’m happy :P)

(storms that was a lot of parentheses!)

Even if it's a bit more lowkey than other things on the thread, it's still awesome, and I'm happy for you!

Also, I have to do a LOT of homework in the next two days before spring break, but right now I feel really nice cus I'm doing some research for a project while one of my favorite movies is playing in the background. So I'm feeling pretty optimistic at the moment 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/7/2023 at 0:11 AM, Shadowed said:

I had my flute lesson today and my teacher thinks I can take my grade 7 exam after easter holiday!

and I only did grade 6 at christmas-

(and yes i know that’s kinda low levelled but i’m definitely on the younger side of the shard so cut me some slack :P)

(for peoples not familiar with the music exam system, there are 8 grades and you take the grade exams once you’ve prepared a bunch of repertoire, scales, sightreading, aural etc. and the system is devised on the basis that it takes a year for you to go from complete beginner to grade 1, then another year from grade 1-2 etc, but most people take longer than that. so the thing i’m happy about is doing it in 2/3 of an academic year :DD)

so, yay! more intense practice, stress, mock exams, recordings, rehearsals, and fun! (but in all seriousness i’m super excited cause then I can say ‘i’m grade 7’ and I won’t always be the lowest graded person in every orchestra ever lol)

(sorry this is kinda lowkey for the things people share in here and i don’t want to detract from cruciatus_heart’s super super cool achievement (well done by the way!!) but i’m happy :P)

(storms that was a lot of parentheses!)

That's amazing, I'm happy for you! And dw this thread is for the smaller things too :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/6/2023 at 2:59 AM, Cruciatus_heart said:

THROWS CONFETTI 

MANIC LAUGHTER

:OOOOOO GOO ELF!! THAT"S AMAZING!!!

On 3/6/2023 at 11:11 AM, Shadowed said:

I had my flute lesson today and my teacher thinks I can take my grade 7 exam after easter holiday!

Good job!! Flute is such a pretty instrument.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

AFTER THE MUSICAL ANNIE YESTERDAY SOMEONE I DON'T KNOW TOLD ME HER SON HAD BEEN DYING FOR AN AUTOGRAPH!!

And then two more kids(these ones were siblings) wanted an autograph! 

Then I signed their posters, and one said to me, "we even have a dog at home"(Oh, I play Sandy the dog in Annie since the directors didn't want to deal with training a real dog) and I didn't know what to say because I don't have a dog, so I just kind of nodded and smiled, then she said, "huggie?" and I hugged her and she was about half my height and she was SO CUTE!!!

This is SO WEIRD!!

I LOVE IT!!

(I'm very humble.)

This is a wonderful experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...