1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

I slept in again.

Hopefully I get some work done this afternoon so I'd feel more in time to poke around here / not go Dingo, but I don't really want to mess with a tie or near-tie that I don't know what's going on. Is it between Archer and Aeoryi for the early SK discussions? Or more similar to me?

I hope this isn't what I'd do at an actual convention, just not talk to anyone :P

Basically, I'm saying I'd rather get lynched for being chaotic then you getting lynched for having IRL stuff and finals I think

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Well that's making it a tied vote. I could vote Aeoryi or RavenJedi, but since I won't be around for the rest of the cycle it makes more sense for Aeoryi.

And why?

2 hours ago, Ookla the Paradigm said:

Turns out I'm busy later

Aeoryi Raveness

Oh... I thought I was tied lol

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Rich said:

Well shoot. 

*proceeds to poke vote The Wandering Wizard as they are the only one left alive who voted for the village execution*

I had this wild theory near the end that Archer and Aeoryi were e/e and I wanted Archer dead over Aeo but I was wrong and shouldn't have listened to my crazy theory.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Raveness said:

I had this wild theory near the end that Archer and Aeoryi were e/e and I wanted Archer dead over Aeo but I was wrong and shouldn't have listened to my crazy theory.

If anything, Ash and I are e/e and I'm trying to shield for ash

But that doesn't work, because why would e!I bus myself to protect archer and look like shielding ash?

Because it was genuine, and ultimately, NAI. 

After all, I am a man of bussing but never of myself (okay maybe sometimes)

Anyways, Aeoryi inner chaos has temporarily concealed itself you can ask me anything now 

Kas: "tbh I'll go sleep."
Kas: "I've been working all night."
Kas: "Besides, how bad can it get—"
Kas:

Spoiler

anp7exkea1t41.png

1. Coffeecat while I process whatever happened.

2. Sorry Neil, reply later - I'm running off less than two hours of sleep for RL reasons. Want to get back when I'm in better shape.

3. @Ashbringer - you're my NKA guy. What do you have for us?

1 hour ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

Araris

I'll get to why later.

I don't think I ever got a response about your comment about Ash last cycle, would still like to hear from you about that.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Rich said:

Well shoot. 

*proceeds to poke vote The Wandering Wizard as they are the only one left alive who voted for the village execution*

*proceeds to fly under the radar*

1 hour ago, Ookla the Rich said:

Well shoot. 

Wait wasn't Araris also alive on that train and you two feel teamed to me, but also that's what archer and Aeo felt like to me.

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Kas: "tbh I'll go sleep."
Kas: "I've been working all night."
Kas: "Besides, how bad can it get—"
Kas:

Reveal hidden contents

anp7exkea1t41.png

1. Coffeecat while I process whatever happened.

2. Sorry Neil, reply later - I'm running off less than two hours of sleep for RL reasons. Want to get back when I'm in better shape.

3. @Ashbringer - you're my NKA guy. What do you have for us?

That meme gives LG90 vibes xD 

Just now, Winnie the Pookla said:

I don't think I ever got a response about your comment about Ash last cycle, would still like to hear from you about that.

*proceeds to fly under the radar*

... you're gonna have to tell me where that comment was btw

Additional:

5 hours ago, Winnie the Pookla said:

Is this because you are more confident that Ash is a villager than that you are yourself? Because usually we exe people based on what we think their alignment is.

Found it.

Basically, I feel really bad about it and would rather I die.

And yes, while I know that I myself am villager (probably) but I have faith that ash is a villager as well, and I want him to continue the game instead of me?

I don't know how to explain it but altogether it was basically "I don't like any of the trains I rather die first"

Shoot this is bad, four innocents fine already. Something has to be done about this... If I only knew what.

For now I'm gonna put a vote on the wandering wizard for now, I'm probably 99% likely gonna change later, but for now I'm putting my vote there for now because they did vote for archer, although that is understandable.

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

... you're gonna have to tell me where that comment was btw

Additional:

Found it.

Basically, I feel really bad about it and would rather I die.

And yes, while I know that I myself am villager (probably) but I have faith that ash is a villager as well, and I want him to continue the game instead of me?

I don't know how to explain it but altogether it was basically "I don't like any of the trains I rather die first"

Alright, I think I see where you're coming from, and how it's kinda a NAI thing.

In response to the folks voting me because of mass raven death, is there an implication that I was trying to save Aeoryi/some other teammate? Or does e!me just really want Archer dead C1?

And bonus food for thought: Why do the elims kill someone voting for Archer in the first place? If one of the Archer votes is elim, that narrows a POE. If the elims wanted a low-info kill, plenty of folks didn't vote.

It may be possible that there are 2+ non-voting elims, and that they would want to avoid narrowing the non-voting POE.

10 minutes ago, Winnie the Pookla said:

And bonus food for thought: Why do the elims kill someone voting for Archer in the first place? If one of the Archer votes is elim, that narrows a POE. If the elims wanted a low-info kill, plenty of folks didn't vote.

Do you believe the kill orders took a potentially-chaotic EoD into account?

Specifically I'm curious whether you hypothesise there was a hasty switch off Archer from someone as EoD went into flux.

3 minutes ago, Winnie the Pookla said:

Alright, I think I see where you're coming from, and how it's kinda a NAI thing.

In response to the folks voting me because of mass raven death, is there an implication that I was trying to save Aeoryi/some other teammate? Or does e!me just really want Archer dead C1?

It may be possible that there are 2+ non-voting elims, and that they would want to avoid narrowing the non-voting POE.

This feels very similar to how you were in MR65 to me. I think we did something similar in it, where we killed someone on a bad train that one or both of us were on thus allowing whoever it was to claim well why me or something...don't know if I'm remembering properly, looking for it now. I do admit I could very well be tunneling but I don't see a better pathway to pursue right now.  

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

Both non-Wizard!Ravens dying C1 is a thing that happened. Don't know what to make of it tbh

They were the lucky ones :(

4 hours ago, neil the beguiled said:

o7. wdym aman's wheelhouse though?

Aman calls himself the King of Fake Roleclaims for a reason. I'd add a PhD in Reaction Tests to his qualifications and am sitting here, sipping my tea and smiling at the thought of potential Elim consternation about who @Amanuensis is going to protect each cycle while they can't push him out in the exe.

Spoiler

rs_1024x759-150817131955-1024-kermit-lip

the way im reading it is its like.  youre an eliminator, you know that everybody else is not an eliminatoir aside from your buddies. but theres also a third party in game. if you see someone comment like that, you dont know their alignment technically, but you arent aligned with them. and here you have raven say archer is probably elim or sk, which at least isnt aligned with archer, but to me i think comes from an eliminators perspective of wanting to weed out a competing faction?

Yeah. This is where I really need to re-read to get a baseline of Ravenclaw again, because, suffice to say, I struggle with where to pitch Ravenclaw tbh. They are actually fairly new here, and while they have made good plays on occasion, I think it's necessary to control for their inexperience. Which, okay, yes, I've said I should do the re-read last cycle, just had some time/energy issues. I'll try to get down to it by tomorrow.

hmmm noted. i dont often subscribe fully to analysis like that as opposed to typical analysis of posting though. fmpov stuff like wagonomics for example can be... easily manipulated by mafia? its always a secondary tool to me, not something id ever fully base a read off of.

I do it on occasion to diversify. My main problem tbh is that I'm a vote analyst by inclination - I'm actively bad with post reads/analysis, which is why I struggle with Aeo in ways you aren't. I use meta as a crutch and have been trying to learn to get better with post reads, tone/vibe reads etc because otherwise I can't really engage with the game until C2 and that's not really ideal for Village.

I don't disagree about manipulated wagonomics FWIW but for me it's just about self-correcting over time and with info to correct false assumptions/projections about the votestate.

i kinda dont wanna be here lol

I implied this but to say it explicitly: part of the 'welcome new to the forum players' schtick is that there's a powerful social convention against killing new and returning players, to let them get back into the community and have fun. So you were never in danger N1 at least.

That's it from me quotewall-wise - I want to do vote analysis and I'm kind of low on energy today due to sleep deprivation so I'm hoping to do less wallposts and more contemporary engagement. Sorry about my wet sock energy. We all have RL :( 

Edited by Kasimir

19 minutes ago, Ookla the Raveness said:

This feels very similar to how you were in MR65 to me. I think we did something similar in it, where we killed someone on a bad train that one or both of us were on thus allowing whoever it was to claim well why me or something...don't know if I'm remembering properly, looking for it now. I do admit I could very well be tunneling but I don't see a better pathway to pursue right now.  

MR 56 was a complete train wreck for the two of us, so I hope you’re not implying I’m an elim trying to replicate it.

22 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Specifically I'm curious whether you hypothesise there was a hasty switch off Archer from someone as EoD went into flux.

That seems about as reasonable of an explanation as anything I can come up with. Might be a bit biased since it makes Cash and I look kinda village. But in reality, an Archer NK just seems odd, he had votes on him all C1, so there was always a risk he’d get switched onto. And he wasn’t widely village read, that I could tell.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Destined said:
  • Archer/Paradigm (4): Araris Valerian/Pookla, Ravenclawjedi42/Participle, TheRavenHasLanded/Ravens, The Wandering Wizard/Raveness
  • JNV (1): Kasimir
  • Aeoryi/Resolute (3): Cash67/Rich, Aeoryi/Resolute, Devotary of Spontaneity
  • The Wandering Wizard (1): Archer/Paradigm
  • Ravenclawjedi42 (2): neil the beguiled, Amanuensis

11/16 votes total. Kind of a meh D1, but that’s partly my fault. Not sure what the mindset for the SK kill was for either Raven, and same for the elims and the other, beyond a low-info shot. Aeo wagon didn’t form to save e!Archer, but maybe could have to save e!Ash, I haven’t looked at the timing and hope someone else will cause I’m lazy 😛 Am slightly tinfoiling Neil since Ravenclaw died. Could see the SK or an elim killing the same person they vote to self-distance. It’s a fun play

Just now, Winnie the Pookla said:

MR 56 was a complete train wreck for the two of us, so I hope you’re not implying I’m an elim trying to replicate it.

That seems about as reasonable of an explanation as anything I can come up with. Might be a bit biased since it makes Cash and I look kinda village. But in reality, an Archer NK just seems odd, he had votes on him all C1, so there was always a risk he’d get switched onto. And he wasn’t widely village read, that I could tell.

No I'm not, cuz yeah it was...

It's more that you tend to kill people on a bad train to prove that, look this was an all village train that went south and people don't suspect you for that...I think. I have memories of you doing it before, but I can't remember the games. 

38 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Didn't want Archer dead +  didn't like your voting for JNV just because Kas did.

Landed did say he wouldn't be shocked if he was killed. Jedi is a stranger kill since people were voting for them. More likely the SK kill.

Jedi is the type of person I would kill ngl 

44 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

11/16 votes total. Kind of a meh D1, but that’s partly my fault. Not sure what the mindset for the SK kill was for either Raven, and same for the elims and the other, beyond a low-info shot. Aeo wagon didn’t form to save e!Archer, but maybe could have to save e!Ash, I haven’t looked at the timing and hope someone else will cause I’m lazy 😛 Am slightly tinfoiling Neil since Ravenclaw died. Could see the SK or an elim killing the same person they vote to self-distance. It’s a fun play

I...

Why am I going all over the place over Aman 😔

@Winnie the Pookla Current Aman read btw?

And yeah I intend to do a full vote analysis but need to save my strength for it as I'm exhausted from the work stuff and the last time I did an extensive vote analysis when this knackered, I MLed Archer and stuff.

Cash is doing a lot of lurking I see. Also feel eh about Silber's vote sensitivity too. Lurked and showed up right after getting voted on.

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I...

Why am I going all over the place over Aman 😔

@Winnie the Pookla Current Aman read btw?

And yeah I intend to do a full vote analysis but need to save my strength for it as I'm exhausted from the work stuff and the last time I did an extensive vote analysis when this knackered, I MLed Archer and stuff.

Cash is doing a lot of lurking I see. Also feel eh about Silber's vote sensitivity too. Lurked and showed up right after getting voted on.

I say we lurch the lurkers

Lynch the lurkers, I meant.

And on the off chance that Aman is true about being a lurcher and claiming D1 uhhh

We don't wanna exe him yet

TKN

Also been doing tons of lurking

1 minute ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

I say we lurch the lurkers

Yes Mr Sanderson sir, okay 🤨

6 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I slep now. Gnight

slep well ThreadPMBro :(

Oh Neil you asked. It's uh, a meme thing that emerged from I think LG91 and MR56 as a combination. PMs were generally locked in LG91 so players used spoiler boxes to send each other PMs and pretended they were extremely private. And it just caught on as a meme. MR56 was blackout and flipless and also no PMs so Aman and I went kayana and turned the thread into our personal PM space and bounced thoughts off each other. So yeah.