Quick Fix Game 69: Dark One: Too Light

Archer

Interesting. I vehemently disagree (:p). It loses bait effect the moment you announce it as such, and you don’t have any control here when votes are locked. 

Hate that the site update doesn’t take me to the latest post when I click on the thread from the subforum? Is that a widespread problem or just me 

3 minutes ago, Stick. said:

Interesting. I vehemently disagree (:p). It loses bait effect the moment you announce it as such, and you don’t have any control here when votes are locked. 

Hate that the site update doesn’t take me to the latest post when I click on the thread from the subforum? Is that a widespread problem or just me 

Well, if things go south I can always unvote myself. I mean, although it loses the bait effect, it makes people actually have to think before voting me, and especially in the case of a day 1 type of thing, generate reasonable suspicions. 

Ingenious if you ask me I've made it one vote easier to elim hammer me haven't I

46 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

Well, if things go south I can always unvote myself. I mean, although it loses the bait effect, it makes people actually have to think before voting me, and especially in the case of a day 1 type of thing, generate reasonable suspicions. 

Ingenious if you ask me I've made it one vote easier to elim hammer me haven't I

Sounds like something mafia would care about :p. Though demonstrably this seems to be something you do across the board as both alignments so I won’t harp on, but the average villager doesn’t care so much about those things 

Yeah, Aeoryi, that post you linked argues two main points: that it discourages others from voting you, and allows you to swing the trains easier if you do get wagoned. The first point is the scummy thing I was mentioning earlier— doing something anti-wincon solely to get village read is bad imo— and the second point is completely inapplicable in a game where your vote is semi-permanent.

Playing anti-wincon = bad

also will note that you made those points as an elim 

Edit: Ignore me the above point is completely false

Edited by Ookla the Destined

1 hour ago, Stick. said:

I think illwei’s read on kas is fine and NAI. 

To be clear, I think it’s fine to tentatively villa lean Kas based on that and that it is NAI for Illwei to do so. 

Will also point out that selfing doesn’t actually give anybody greater influence in swinging wagons because you’re entitled to one vote in any case? The math doesn’t change, and it applies to any wagon you’re on, not just a self wagon. 

41 minutes ago, Stick. said:

Sounds like something mafia would care about 😛. Though demonstrably this seems to be something you do across the board as both alignments so I won’t harp on, but the average villager doesn’t care so much about those things 

You actually read some of my games? (My last elim game was really cringe don't look at that)

40 minutes ago, Ookla the Destined said:

Yeah, Aeoryi, that post you linked argues two main points: that it discourages others from voting you, and allows you to swing the trains easier if you do get wagoned. The first point is the scummy thing I was mentioning earlier— doing something anti-wincon solely to get village read is bad imo— and the second point is completely inapplicable in a game where your vote is semi-permanent.

Playing anti-wincon = bad

also will note that you made those points as an elim 

Edit: Ignore me the above point is completely false

Okay, tbh a thing I just noticed about a thing I always do is make a stupid decision in one post and then try to deal with the aftereffects of it for the rest of the game. I'll put some examples below:

Spoiler

MR65- Mass Claimed C1 in PMs to like, 3 other people, and then did an entire iso on archer because paranoia struck me one moment too late

LG97- Claimed C1 to mat in a PM after he applied some pressure, and then proceeded to do the most random things, including self voting, and not getting investiture at all, despite having an ability that used investiture

MR66- Beagled myself by C1 claiming to Kas, and then absolutely threw the game

LG98a- Claimed in-thread Vanilla C1.

QF69- C1 self voted

Also I will note that as an elim I do indeed happen to be the person who did sorta game-throw in MR66 and maybe that wasn't my brightest moment, but regardless, I'm not the most known for playing with win-con in mind (mat can tell you about that time when I nearly bussed him C1 and then devo C2) so yeah I don't try to get village cred from doing dumb stuff like this even if it ends up working most of the time

As for whether my vote was game throwing or not I would say it is not I just like doing things then seeing what happens.

41 minutes ago, Stick. said:

but the average villager doesn’t care so much about those things

I mean thinking of any kind before you make a permanent vote is always a good thing I personally don't like sheeping but like critical thinking is good

Man that was a scatterbrained reply

Ed1t:

33 minutes ago, Stick. said:

To be clear, I think it’s fine to tentatively villa lean Kas based on that and that it is NAI for Illwei to do so. 

Will also point out that selfing doesn’t actually give anybody greater influence in swinging wagons because you’re entitled to one vote in any case? The math doesn’t change, and it applies to any wagon you’re on, not just a self wagon. 

Sometimes math doesn't math and calculation flys out the window in a post that took 10 seconds to type

Ed2t:

I know this but like, sometimes I don't need a reason why sometimes I just do things without thinking that's the bottom line of this

Edited by Ookla the Resolute
Edi5 num

44 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

You actually read some of my games? (My last elim game was really cringe don't look at that)

i just checked your alignment in the one you linked to mat (town) and i read a couple of arbitrary bits of a recent MR where you+devo were elims and iirc a self vote occurred there 🤠

going to be abusing emojis now probably that we can use them on the shard 

44 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

As for whether my vote was game throwing or not I would say it is not I just like doing things then seeing what happens.

Ok, im interested to hear what youve gathered off it this game - mat and i both reacted to your vote. What have you gauged off our responses? I have thoughts about mat's reaction but id first like to hear what you think

Edit:

im also mildly worried that your playstyle, from what i see, is one im bound to scumread regardless, so im grilling you here a bit to partly get a better grasp of your alignment 

Edited by Stick.

@Ookla of Ravens who do you want to kill today?

10 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

@Ookla the Bald @Ookla the Destined Interested in your thoughts on this vote mechanic. How should it be used? Do you see it as V!leaning or E!leaning?

I am explicitly banning @Stick. from answering because I don't want to hear from demons U_U (Sorry sis)

I'll let you do your thing

full disclosure, I was really hoping to rand elim this game because im not really in the mood to solve so if i exude wet sock energy, this is why

4 hours ago, Kasimir said:

And now for something completely different!

Mat: image.png.fe57314443f18908b24d13607c266266.png?????

what does this one mean again? :p. 

Just now, Stick. said:

@Ookla of Ravens who do you want to kill today?

I'll let you do your thing

full disclosure, I was really hoping to rand elim this game because im not really in the mood to solve so if i exude wet sock energy, this is why

@Kasimir i intend to vote you.

1 minute ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

they were far too fast out of the gate in my opinion. just.. its strange.

I think an elim would hesitate to place an actual vote so early into the cycle, especially onto a player they dont actually intend to kill. This is because their vote is better used elsewhere, in a way that is constructive to their wincon (i.e. to get a ML or to save a teammate/themself). By locking in a useless vote at sod, they risk compromising their wincon. Do you disagree?

6 minutes ago, Stick. said:

😮

😮

Spoiler

3c4f8feb81832ad15dd7c9e3299d1e4e67a8cc71

6 minutes ago, Stick. said:

Do you want to guess before I award you one image.png.5f2932e6b75cce573a77fa912669d8d4.png for no reason other than the fact I want to 👀

5 minutes ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

@Kasimir i intend to vote you.

Cool, tell that to someone who cares 👀

Edited by Kasimir
SO SORRY MEANT SPOILER NOT QUOTE

bastam sighs. This is... too confusing. drull kill. does it matter if they are pacifistic?

I think an elim would hesitate to place an actual vote so early into the cycle, especially onto a player they dont actually intend to kill. This is because their vote is better used elsewhere, in a way that is constructive to their wincon (i.e. to get a ML or to save a teammate/themself). By locking in a useless vote at sod, they risk compromising their wincon. Do you disagree?

not really, but that could also be a strategy.

4 minutes ago, Stick. said:

The counterpoint here is that if I made a mistake, I made a mistake, and while I have my opinions on the odds of E!me not actually doublechecking the rules, they're strictly irrelevant here since this is me we're talking about, and from that perspective, it's possible even if not strictly speaking, equiplausible.

FWIW I see why Illwei took that line of reasoning and why you are sympathetic to it - I'm just provoking Raven here and pushing some Mat buttons because some kels want to watch the world burn 🔥

9 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Do you want to guess before I award you one image.png.5f2932e6b75cce573a77fa912669d8d4.png for no reason other than the fact I want to 👀

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

image.png.5f2932e6b75cce573a77fa912669d8d4.png

6 minutes ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

bastam sighs. This is... too confusing. drull kill. does it matter if they are pacifistic?

what is confusing you? im willing to work with you, and i want to understand your thought process.

i dont think pacifism is a good idea because there are 2 elims and 6 villagers which means we only get two shots at eliminating an elim because their wincon is parity

Edit:

yes i am assuming elim numbers. 1 or 3 makes no sense so it is 2

Edit2:

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

The counterpoint here is that if I made a mistake, I made a mistake, and while I have my opinions on the odds of E!me not actually doublechecking the rules, they're strictly irrelevant here since this is me we're talking about, and from that perspective, it's possible even if not strictly speaking, equiplausible.

FWIW I see why Illwei took that line of reasoning and why you are sympathetic to it - I'm just provoking Raven here and pushing some Mat buttons because some kels want to watch the world burn 🔥

fact of the matter is youd have read the rules if you were mafia :p.

Edited by Stick.

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

blep. well, death and life, we will have both no matter what.

1 minute ago, Stick. said:

Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

image.png.5f2932e6b75cce573a77fa912669d8d4.png

what is confusing you? im willing to work with you, and i want to understand your thought process.

i dont think pacifism is a good idea because there are 2 elims and 6 villagers which means we only get two shots at eliminating an elim because their wincon is parity

Edit:

yes i am assuming elim numbers. 1 or 3 makes no sense so it is 2

it was an rp thingy. im slightly less confused than bastam. anyways, i dont understand how this is supposed to work, like if someone will make a slip.

3 minutes ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

blep. well, death and life, we will have both no matter what.

it was an rp thingy. im slightly less confused than bastam. anyways, i dont understand how this is supposed to work, like if someone will make a slip.

oh sorry is this your first game? if so, you generally just talk to other players and share reads etc, and eventually you will be able to see blatant agenda and/or nonsense takes from members of the elim team, and then you kill them to verify their alignment and work off connections etc.

Just now, Stick. said:

oh sorry is this your first game? if so, you generally just talk to other players and share reads etc, and eventually you will be able to see blatant agenda and/or nonsense takes from members of the elim team, and then you kill them to verify their alignment and work off connections etc.

this is technically my second, but i got eliminated cycle one on take 2

10 minutes ago, Stick. said:

Anyway that symbol (for Mat) was my very mild V read symbol. You can probably guess what tempted me there as we've talked about it before wrt reading Mat but I'm still holding out for certain other things I find more indicative etc.

But also suggest you keep in mind this is Raven's second game - if we don't count the fact LG98 had a do-over, and he just got N1ed in the second run, so would suggest factoring that in when trying to read Raven.

10 minutes ago, Stick. said:

fact of the matter is youd have read the rules if you were mafia :p.

Ngl this game has been a succession of 'did not read the rules' fail from the forgetting about the votes, to the please @ whoever you are voting for, to do not repeatedly use red, to my now discovering for the first time what the Elim wincon is via your post.

But in my defense I dgaf about the Elim wincon I just wanna find Elims and chill ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're not wrong about my being more cautious about the rules if E, but that's a me-statement, and we know how far those go.

Edited to add:

Stick: "SE is a simple game"
Stick: "You generally just talk to other players and share reads etc"
Kas: "And in the end the Elims sweep the Village 😔"

Edited by Kasimir