6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

sure, xino

Xorial's head perked up. Was that a recent recruit he saw?

He sidled over casually. "Hello," he said, extending his hand. "I'm Xorial. What's your name?"

A very long time, with a lot of triple checking :P

(A lot of it is from LG43, which helps a lot. But a good bit is new or changed.)

Glad to have you onboard!

Edited by Ashbringer

I'll take spec doc! too much rules and too much ooa for me rn :P

edit: reading the signups and seeing "(sz)eth" makes me realize, is szeth pronounced sheth?? like in polish?? i never made the connection of sz in szeth being the same as the digraph sz wow

i dont like this

edit 2: oh no im debating joining asjhbl

rollover is at 1am tho

argh

edit 3: ok if i can understand the rules in the next hour i will join maybe

edit 4: ok fine i'll join as Letta Turson, a rosharan gap yar student who decided to intern at Silverlight on a whim.

Something in me wonders if whimsy's wincon is just decided by a rng :P

@Ashbringer in case it doesnt ping you when i edit

Edited by Turtle
changed character descrtiption

LG95 Night Zero: Out of the Breach

“Quickly, Chairman,” Frost said, striding as fast as his human-seeming legs could without seeming too much in a hurry. Lorn Haemtes and two other members of the Research Facility, Sojya and Riwleveh, followed, doing more striding than running. The dragon’s mere appearance was enough to send the campus into a frenzy; the words that he had to say only did more so.

“Shouldn’t we be going faster? Find a Tia plate or something?” Sojya said, red eyes narrowing as she panted along.

“I know what we’ll see,” Frost said plainly. “I just need you to see it, too.”

Lorn shuddered. Frost had some control over the cold, yes, but he somehow doubted that was how he’d picked his name.

They arrived at the Shardic Containment Site a few minutes later, Riwleveh dashing forward to explain to the doorman the basics. The guard quickly began opening the locks and generally getting out of her way.

“So, what are you looking for? Everything was sealed, so…” Sojya’s voice trailed off as the dragon slowly approached one of the Containment Pods. One of the two with extra hazard markers on it, and this one had a lot more.

Odium nearly broke the entire cosmere, yes. But only Autonomy managed to enslave it.

“You’re right, Frost. I don’t believe you,” Lorn said. But he didn’t sound like he believed himself.

“Fill a gem,” Frost said. Lorn walked over, disengaged the many safety protocols, and began gathering. The siphoning had to be done with care, especially for Autonomy. But the gemstone did not blaze with the Light that was filling, it flickered, nearly dying. When the cycle was finished, the gem finally glowed solidly – but a quiet alarm began ringing out in the room.  

“That’s… impossible,” Riwleveh said.

“So I thought it was. But for all my research, I never held the power,” Frost said. “And Bavadin lives. She is the only one alive who’s held one for more than a few moments. More Connected to the Shard of Autonomy than anything else in existence. And clearly, it values that Connection more than your containment procedures.”

Lorn and the researchers stood in silence. Bavadin... Jaimo's havoc with Autonomy was after a few days, maybe a week holding the power. Bavadin held it for millenia. But, she'd died? Right?

Frost simply shook his head.

"So what do we do?" Lorn said.

"Let the alarm of a breach sound. The people deserve that much. I will walk among them to try and stop what is happening, and see if I can deliver something to even the odds. Know there are others, Cephandrius and Khrissala. They seek to enact their plans, and are no friends of ours - but no friends of each other or Bavadin either. You'll need to stop them all." Frost turned to the other 15 containers, glowing with Aons and Yolish symbols, fortifying themselves in the wake of a breach. He tilted his head, and the symbols vanished, the protections quelled.

"You'll need these," the dragon whispered. "Another Sixteen. Or at least, more power than you've been siphoning for your pet projects. The people need to arm themselves."

"We can't just let anyone in here. What if-" Sojya started.

"We don't have a choice," Lorn said simply. "The Wanderer, the Founder, the One of Many Faces... only these can stand against them."

It would have to be enough.

"Lock down the city," Lorn shouted. "We have a Breach."

Autonomy has Breached Containment!

Welcome to LG95!

A few reminders:

• This is a Night Turn, and as such there is no execution and the turn will last only 24 hours.
  • PMs are closed unless opened by an ability, and any ability that opens PMs will have them opened by the GM or coGM over rollover.
  • If you notice any discrepencies in the rules between the signup thread and the Google Doc, let me know!
  • Hoid and Khrissala each have 3 Conversions, and Autonomy can have up to 6 Avatars at one time. We might tune these numbers down a bit, and if we do that should happen before the end of this turn at the latest.
  • The rollover time may end up changing as Aman and I figure out our schedules a bit more.
  • If you have an RP character, let me know! I'm hoping I can incorporate them a bit more.

This turn will end on 10:00 PM PDT / 5:00 AM GMT (+1 Day) on June 6th, in 24 hours. Good luck to all!

Shard Status:

Spoiler
  • Ambition:       CONTAINED
  • Autonomy:     BREACHED
  • Cultivation:    CONTAINED
  • Devotion:       CONTAINED
  • Dominion:      CONTAINED
  • Endowment:  CONTAINED
  • Honor:            CONTAINED
  • Invention:       CONTAINED
  • Mercy:            CONTAINED
  • Odium:           CONTAINED
  • Preservation: CONTAINED
  • Prudence:      CONTAINED
  • Ruin:               CONTAINED
  • Survival:         CONTAINED
  • Whimsy:         CONTAINED
  • Valor:              CONTAINED

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @The Known Novel - Ivam the Mad
  2. @Kasimir - Evgeny Karamazov 
  3. @The Wandering Wizard - The Poet
  4. @Fifth Scholar - Dr. Mattithias Gunther
  5. @Szeth_Pancakes - Liene
  6. @|TJ| - Al
  7. @DeTess - Tessa DeLoren
  8. @Archer - Oliver Cosmos
  9. @JNV - Jai
  10. @xinoehp512 - Xorial
  11. @The Last Fæ -
  12. @DrakeMarshall - Adjunct Professor Uther
  13. @Matrim's Dice - Sir Arren Brockett
  14. @Sart -
  15. @STINK - 
  16. @Elandera - Telan
  17. @Araris Valerian - 
  18. @Drake Inferno - 
  19. @TheAlpha929 - Felt Jr.
  20. @Channelknight Fadran -
  21. @Turtle - Letta Turson

Clarifications:

Spoiler
  • You may only pass one Charge of Investiture or one Shard in a Passing action.
  • Charges of Investiture (whether Autonomy Charges or other Charges) held by Autonomous Players do not count towards the Autonomous Sudden Death Win Condition.
  • Multiple factions can win at the same time if they complete their (Normal or SD) win conditions at the same time. I don't think there's a way to get all 4 main factions to win at the same time, but if you all find one... congratulations?
  • Invention's Investment Ability can be used on Avatars, which will grant Invention an Autonomy Charge.
  • All actions are limited to once per cycle, unless otherwise noted (Autonomy's Shardic, Whimsy's Shardic, and Researcher returning Shards to Containment).
  • Vessel Action and Vessel Shield do not stack. Vessels can "gain" them from other sources, but that only matters if they pass their Shard while they would still have Vessel Action/Vessel Shield from another source.
  • Avatars can exist on the same Shardworld as each other.
  • Shardworlds get a new Doc each time the player list on that Shardworld changes.
  • Avatars and players will be put in the player list for each Shardworld Doc (i.e. you can't pretend you're not there).
  • Shardworld presences are not publicized in thread.
  • Hoid and Khriss's Conversions take place before Shardic Inheritance from Breaching (or other reasons).
  • Consuming Investiture does take actions.
  • Charges of Investiture that are used then Roleblocked are lost, as are Charges of Investiture used on a Roleblocked Shardworld action.
  • Hoid and Khriss do not lose Conversion Charges on Roleblocked or failed conversions.
  • In the event that Hoid and Khriss target the same player for conversion, both conversions fail.
  • The only abilities that contribute to Shardic Breaching are Researcher Siphons, Khriss's double-Siphon, and Hoid's Sabotage.
  • Returned keep the alignment and win condition they died with when they Return.
  • Valor Charges cannot be used on yourself.
  • Worldhopping is only a Day action.
  • Two players using actions to create 1-on-1 PMs with each other will consume both Charges/actions/etc and only create 1 PM.
  • Avatars only count as players for the Autonomous win condition, not for other factions' win conditions.
  • You cannot cut players in half.

Edited by Ashbringer

Huzzah the shard game begins!!

Statistically, in my experience, it usually does seem to be Matrim, yes :P

Hey can anyone guess what shard I want :ph34r:

Due to the player count situation, I am half-convinced some of us should deliberately coordinate to make sure the shards we want actually get 4 people targeting them and breach containment, but I also am pretty against how that narrows down the PoE of who has the shard.

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I'd RP but I'm tired and I just had an exhausting brawl with Lobomon and Agunimon so:

@DrakeMarshall @|TJ| @Fifth Scholar

Yo broskis

Let's make thread PMs :eyes:

Sure :eyes:

Just now, DrakeMarshall said:

Hey can anyone guess what shard I want :ph34r:

Is there a Shard of (sz)ETH

1 minute ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Sure :eyes:

What is your quest? What is your favourite colour? Wanna get a world doc to meme up? :eyes:

23 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

It's Matrim

I don't care if there's no vote this round - it's Matrim

After last game, I fully agree. Matrim.

I'll be doing a bunch of travelling today, so I won't be able to start RPing (or any other major activity) until tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Is there a Shard of (sz)ETH

What is your quest? What is your favourite colour? Wanna get a world doc to meme up? :eyes:

Good question, which shard do you think most embodies crypto :eyes:

My quest is shardic power, my favorite color is this, and the world doc is my oyster. We need to pick which planet to consume with memes though :ph34r:

I'm kind of tempted to say Threnody, just bc it's out of the way and I doubt anyone really cares if we're just vibing there.

Roshar is also very tempting though since we can mine crypto random charges of investiture there. If nothing else, this gives us a sustainable source of betting chips for use in the epic gambling I am totally gonna start.

13 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Good question, which shard do you think most embodies crypto :eyes:

Sadly probably Autonomy from what we've seen in TLM, but this goes into my views on crypto as an ideology.

14 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

My quest is shardic power, my favorite color is this, and the world doc is my oyster. We need to pick which planet to consume with memes though :ph34r:

Legit wanted to ask why your favourite colour looked so Evil then realised it's not red.

14 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I'm kind of tempted to say Threnody, just bc it's out of the way and I doubt anyone really cares if we're just vibing there.

Roshar is also very tempting though since we can mine crypto random charges of investiture there. If nothing else, this gives us a sustainable source of betting chips for use in the epic gambling I am totally gonna start.

I'm cool with either. Roshar has Highstorm raves though, for old times' sake :eyes:

(Hi AG7 crew >:P)

17 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Sadly probably Autonomy from what we've seen in TLM, but this goes into my views on crypto as an ideology.

Tbhhh I think you're right.

Well then, I will simply have to kill Autonomy and take over the Shard :D

Competition on the market is what Autonomy would want :eyes:

And just between the two of us, I have a bit of a score to settle after how the last game went :ph34r:

26 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Legit wanted to ask why your favourite colour looked so Evil then realised it's not red.

Sir this is the color of a desert sunset or a piece of smoked wild salmon, it is not the color of evil they are very different I don't know what to tell you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

29 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I'm cool with either. Roshar has Highstorm raves though, for old times' sake :eyes:

(Hi AG7 crew >:P)

Highstorm raves, you say...

10 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Well then, I will simply have to kill Autonomy and take over the Shard :D

Spoiler

2jkypf.jpg

11 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Sir this is the color of a desert sunset or a piece of smoked wild salmon, it is not the color of evil they are very different I don't know what to tell you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You get your own salmon stay away from mine sir I am not going to warn you twice >:(

11 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Highstorm raves, you say...

Yeah, can't say Highspren techno is really all that great but you can subscribe to some of the Cryptic DJs, they've got better music, and once the Stormlight gets going, everyone's hitting the dance floor :eyes:

Like from a Village-speaking perspective, the Threnody discussion should be something good to apprise the thread of, but at the same time, again, I point to recent games, the Village dgaf anyway so why should I gaf, there is literally no point in spending time and energy analysing when people are going to not care and waste it all anyway, so highstorm raves it is >:)

26 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

You get your own salmon stay away from mine sir I am not going to warn you twice >:(

Sir do I look like a Crocodile to you >:|

If anything I currently have more of a Toucan vibe

28 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Yeah, can't say Highspren techno is really all that great but you can subscribe to some of the Cryptic DJs, they've got better music, and once the Stormlight gets going, everyone's hitting the dance floor :eyes:

Like from a Village-speaking perspective, the Threnody discussion should be something good to apprise the thread of, but at the same time, again, I point to recent games, the Village dgaf anyway so why should I gaf, there is literally no point in spending time and energy analysing when people are going to not care and waste it all anyway, so highstorm raves it is >:)

What kind of music do Cryptic DJs play :eyes:

Sir that is a remarkably anti-village thing for you to say :P I can get behind taking this game easy, though. I for one don't really know how to village in this game but highstorm raves sounds like a perfectly reasonable strategy to me :P