Who would win, the Ultimate Cosmere free for all.

Frustration

Alright, I guess I could make another one. For this build I just went with the ultimate camping style, my goal is to simply wait everyone else out as best as I can, though I am of course obligated to still have a few offensive options in case things get dicy.

Spoiler

Fifth oath Bondsmith, with a shield fabrial like the Sibling had, and a 2nd oath Elsecaller, plus a midnight aetherbound, with bendalloy compounding, 2 larkin, a suppressor fabrial that is set to turn off everyone's powers but my own, and the first heightening, for a total of 999 points

My plan of action is to turn my fabrials on to protect myself, constantly fueling them with my own power, and then teleport my midnight creations out into the world to fight on my behalf, while the Larkins drain investiture from anything powerful enough to overcome my suppression.

On 1/7/2023 at 11:27 AM, Frustration said:

Alright, I got bored again, so I decided to make this.

You have 1,000 points, make the strongest fighter you can, assume everyone is in an arena, and all powers work as normal.

Race - pick one

Hide contents

Human - zero points

Parshendi(include your form) 5 points Froms of power 10 points.

Sighted Horneater - 10 points

Kandra 5 points

Returned - 5 points

Sleepless - 10 points

Siah Aimian - 5 points

Koloss - 5 points

Koloss blooded - 5 points

Powers grab as many as you can afford.

Hide contents

1st heightening - 1 point

2nd heightening - 4 points

3rd heightening - 12 points

4th heightening - 20 points

5th heightening - 40 points

6th heightening - 70 points

7th heightening - 100 points

8th heightening - 200 points

9th heightening - 400 points

10th heightening - 1,000 points

Misting(specify metal) - 12 points

Mistborn - 192 points

Lerasium Mistborn - 300 points

Mistborn powers granted by the Well of Ascension(TLR's strength) - 1000 points

Ferring(specify metal) - 12 points

Feruchemist - 192 points

Hemalurgy - 12 points per spike

Atium spike - 300 points

Lerasium spike - 300 points

Trellium spike - 300 spikes

Bag of Atium - 300 points

Medallions - 12 points per power(specify which, not limited to 4 powers, or to feruchemy)

Primer cubes - 5 points

Non-bondsmith Radiant(specify order)

1st Oath - 25 points

2nd oath - 50 points

3rd oath - 200 points

4th oath 300 points

5th oath - 350 points

Bondsmith(specify spren)

1st oath - 200 points

2nd oath - 250 points

3rd oath - 500 points

4th oath - 800 points

5th oath - 850 points

Fused(specify brand) - 20 points

Boon and Bane(specify both) - rate your own

Modern Fabrial - 10 points

Surge fabrial - 20 points

Dead Shardblade - 12 points

Dead Shardplate - 24 points

Larkin - 5 points

Raysium weapon - 300 points

Elantrian - 200 points

Dakhor - 40 points

Ability to break Aons, and other forns of investiture(requires you to be Dakhor) - 200 points

Forgery - 10 points

Potions - 10 points

Chayshan - 10 points

Jar of purified dor - 300 points

Sandmastery - 10 points

Aetherbound(specify aether) - 24 points

Aviar(specify which) - 12 points

Dawnshard - Quadruple your score

Good luck, and may the strongest win.

Well, this gives me the chance to build my character, Ruin's Kandra (even drew a picture of it here :)).

I'll take the Kandra race with the Blessing of Presence, then add Allomantic pewter, steel, iron, copper, zinc, and chromium, as well as Feruchemical steel, gold, chromium, and duralumin, all through Hemalurgic spikes (Total Points = 125). Each of the spikes is make larger than normal, each being 3-4 times bigger (in total mass, not length) than Steel Inquisitor spikes.

I'll then take the 9th Heightening. I use the up 16,000 Breaths all at once to Awaken my Allomantic power spikes and my Blessing's spikes (2,000 Breaths devoted to each spike) with the Intent to have the Investiture mimic and add to their total power, enhancing all my Allomantic powers hundreds of times over (Total Points = 525). Plus, since my Blessings are now hundreds of times stronger, I am basically immune to being controlled by any non-Shardic Vessel (not to mention the massive intelligence boost). I then store my remaining 4,000 Breaths inside an inanimate object inside my body so that they can't be Leeched or easily detected.

I then craft a huge artificial skeleton, perhaps 12-15 feet tall, somewhat like a Koloss's. The skeleton is made of steel and lined with a thick layer of aluminum. I would shape my body around it, creating an 8 ton humanoid of muscle, with alumnum plating in various places to add additional protection from being who wished to take control of my mind. Plus, I'd hide the "cores" of my limbs inside of aluminum compartments to protect from the worst of Shardblade wounds.

I'll also take a couple dead Shardblades, just because it's mildly amusing (Total Points = 549)

It's also worth mentioning that F-steel increases the speed at which you burn your metals, so my A-pewter would probably be able to be thousands of times more potent than your run-of-the-mill Thug if used properly. And even without Compounding available you could store extra speed and health from your Allomantic pewter Feruchemically, making them more effective (plus, you know, if the pewter is 50-200 times more potent than normal, there's kind of a lot of power to siphon off). Additionally, if the Kandra is as big as a fully grown Koloss or two, they could just swallow pewter ingots by the dozen by shaping their stomach correctly.

Basically, I'd make a giant, super-powerful Allomancer/Feruchemist Kandra with aluminum, three different ways to shield from being controlled, and with a specially crafted body for battle (oh yeah, and they have 4,000 extra Breaths to Awaken with if they need).

P.S., is it unfair to take multiple Heightenings? Cause I think that you'd need more Breaths to actually Awaken the spikes, but I don't have the points to get the full 10th Heightening.

Also, Kandra are pretty powerful just on their own; they basically have the ability to use F-tin, pewter, and gold after some fashion built into their system. They should probably cost more than 5 points.

Fun challenge. Thank you for making it @Frustration :)

2 minutes ago, Trusk'our said:

P.S., is it unfair to take multiple Heightenings? Cause I think that you'd need more Breaths to actually Awaken the spikes, but I don't have the points to get the full 10th Heightening.

The points scale with breath count, if I recall correctly its the same number of points per breath no matter what you do, so you're fine.

3 minutes ago, Trusk'our said:

Fun challenge. Thank you for making it @Frustration :)

Glad you enjoyed it.

8 minutes ago, Frustration said:

The points scale with breath count, if I recall correctly its the same number of points per breath no matter what you do, so you're fine.

I'd probably take the 8th Heightening twice as well just to make sure it's possible to maintain the 9th Heightening required to Awaken non-organic material, plus some extra "oomph" to Invested an already Invested spike (though honestly it's very small in comparison to the Breaths I'm fairly certain), which brings my Total Points to 949.

8 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Glad you enjoyed it.

I liked the excuse to create a Hemalurgic monster than would wipe the floor with basically any non-Shardic entity ;)

Out of curiosity, would you say that supercharged (power of 6,000 Breaths total) Hemallurgic and Allomantic copper plus an aluminum plating would make a Kandra essentially immune to Shardic control? Cause that's kind of a big limiting factor of this build.

Edited by Trusk'our

1 minute ago, Trusk'our said:

Out of curiosity, would you say that supercharged (power of 6,000 Breaths total) Hemallurgic and Allomantic copper plus an aluminum plating would make a Kandra essentially immune to Shardic control? Cause that's kind of a big limiting factor of this build.

I have no idea.

I would say that you probably couldn't use awakened metal for spikes or vice versa, but we have no clue how those two systems would interact.

1 minute ago, Frustration said:

I have no idea.

I would say that you probably couldn't use awakened metal for spikes or vice versa, but we have no clue how those two systems would interact.

Well, we know that you can Awaken a Hemalurgic spike.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/34/#e1803

Lhyonnaes (paraphrased)

Alright, thanks. Last question for me tonight - so, when a Hemalurgic spike steals something, then it's storing Investiture in it, yeah? So could you - could you do something with that Investiture? Like... say I'm on Nalthis, and just theoretically, I use a Hemalurgic spike to steal a lot of Breath - can I use that Investiture to Awaken something? Could I Awaken the spike?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

That... you'd need a lot of Investiture to Awaken a spike.

Lhyonnaes (paraphrased)

Because it's already charged up with something else?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Yeah.

Personally, I think that you could use Awakening to augment your powers granted by Hemalurgy, since it's pretty similar to Compounding; When you Compound, you use the Feruchemical Investiture inside the metal you burn as a "program" for the Investiture you draw from the SR. A similar principle follows with the spikes, as you'd basically shape the Breaths to follow suit with what the Hemalurgic Investiture already does. And all that extra Investiture in the form of Breaths lets you draw more Investiture in the form of Allomancy from the SR, making you a very powerful Allomancer and potential Compounder (since your Allomantic potential is how much power you get out of Compounding).

29 minutes ago, Trusk'our said:

Well, this gives me the chance to build my character, Ruin's Kandra (even drew a picture of it here :)).

Hippity hoppity my aluminum spike removes all of your abilities! :P

That's very out of the box build, very expected of you. Nice one.

12 minutes ago, Trusk'our said:

Personally, I think that you could use Awakening to augment your powers granted by Hemalurgy, since it's pretty similar to Compounding; When you Compound, you use the Feruchemical Investiture inside the metal you burn as a "program" for the Investiture you draw from the SR. A similar principle follows with the spikes, as you'd basically shape the Breaths to follow suit with what the Hemalurgic Investiture already does. And all that extra Investiture in the form of Breaths lets you draw more Investiture in the form of Allomancy from the SR, making you a very powerful Allomancer and potential Compounder (since your Allomantic potential is how much power you get out of Compounding).

I don't think you could do it, because of identity differences. Breaths are keyed to your identity, while the spike (likely even the Kandra Blessings) are keyed to the donor's identity. Probably there are also like a dozen of different reasons why this wouldn't work, but identity is the main one. Just like compounding with Hemalurgy in Era 2.

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

have fun spiking all the spikes granting the abilities :P 

A single aluminum spike removes all powers of the recipient. All of them at once. But I admit, I don't know how would it work in the case of a person who has his powers granted by spikes.

2 minutes ago, alder24 said:

A single aluminum spike removes all powers of the recipient. All of them at once. But I admit, I don't know how would it work in the case of a person who has his powers granted by spikes.

i don't think it works on spikes, if it does, you'd lose a lot of power

Edited by Being of Cacophony

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

i don't think it works on spikes

It depends on how this works. Do you push the spike fully through the person ripping all of his powers away from his spirit web? If yes, then powers granted by spikes should be fine. Do you put the spike in a person, leaving it there, making him unable to use his powers as long as the spike is in him? If yes, then powers granted by spikes would also be blocked.

41 minutes ago, alder24 said:

That's very out of the box build, very expected of you. Nice one.

Thank you! It seemed that half of everyone else just did Fullborn plus a bunch of other miscellaneous ones piled on top :D

Hippity hoppity my aluminum spike removes all of your abilities! :P

Would that work? The spikes aren't technically part of your Spiriteb, they're separate pieces that are hotwired to yours. It would be like trying to use any other spike a power of a person who had a power granted by a Hemalurgic spike. 

Might be one of the few instances where taking a Hemalurgic spike is better than having a regular Metalborn power.

But I don't know, I think that it would be worth asking Brandon about it.

I don't think you could do it, because of identity differences. Breaths are keyed to your identity, while the spike (likely even the Kandra Blessings) are keyed to the donor's identity. Probably there are also like a dozen of different reasons why this wouldn't work, but identity is the main one. Just like compounding with Hemalurgy in Era 2.

Well, you can give Breaths to other people and the Breaths change to the recipient's Identity, so I don't know that Identity would stop it. Plus, standard Hemalurgy deals with confliction Identity but still works, so a Hemalurgic spike with an Identity differing from the bearer should still work.

But, these are definitely points worth looking at and considering. Would actually love to ask Brandon about them. Thanks! :D

Edited by Trusk'our

6 minutes ago, alder24 said:

It depends on how this works. Do you push the spike fully through the person ripping all of his powers away from his spirit web? If yes, then powers granted by spikes should be fine. Do you put the spike in a person, leaving it there, making him unable to use his powers as long as the spike is in him? If yes, then powers granted by spikes would also be blocked.

I agree; if it's the former (which is my personal current interpretation, as that's how all other Hemalurgy we've seen work) then aluminum spikes shouldn't work on Hemalurgically granted powers, but if it's the latter the powers get suppressed either way.

Edit: Just thought of another way to improve the Kanra of Ruin; make some aluminum-lined compartments inside their body. Then, store burnable metals inside. In someone Leeches the Kandra, you can burn the reserves by opening the aluminum compartments and releasing the emergency stores.

Edited by Trusk'our

3 minutes ago, Trusk'our said:

Well, you can give Breaths to other people and the Breaths change to the recipient's Identity, so I don't know that Identity would stop it. Plus, standard Hemalurgy deals with confliction Identity but still works, so a Hemalurgic spike with an Identity differing from the bearer should still work.:D

But in case of regular type 3 Awaken objects, those Breaths are still keyed to your identity. If that's how you're Awakening your spikes, it might not work. If you're creating type 4 sentient spikes, then this "might" work, but you are risking that your soul will get consumed by hungry spikes. Or they all will be talking to you at once all the time. Either way, a pure nightmare.

Just now, alder24 said:

But in case of regular type 3 Awaken objects, those Breaths are still keyed to your identity. If that's how you're Awakening your spikes, it might not work. If you're creating type 4 sentient spikes, then this "might" work, but you are risking that your soul will get consumed by hungry spikes. Or they all will be talking to you at once all the time. Either way, a pure nightmare.

That sounds horrible.

All the downsides of being a parent with none of the benefits.

4 minutes ago, alder24 said:

That's Nightblood specifically though. I don't know that that would be a problem if the spikes have the correct Command, since they'd just be coppying the spikes' original power, not actively trying to "destroy evil".

One very real concern would be that the spikes gain sentience and all try to control you individually, giving you a kind of magical personality-split. I think if you could find a way to get all of the Identities to match yours, maybe that wouldn't be a problem and they'd just act as extensions of yourself, but that's just a guess.

Edited by Trusk'our

11 minutes ago, alder24 said:

i think there was a question on here somewhere about spiking a spike. i guess the important question is, "Do aluminum spikes have a specific place they have to be to work?"

3 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

i think there was a question on here somewhere about spiking a spike. i guess the important question is, "Do aluminum spikes have a specific place they have to be to work?"

I remember that WoB too, but can't find it. For the question, I'm almost sure they have a very specific binding point - like almost everything in Hemalurgy.

3 hours ago, The Known Novel said:

So I can detect Ashbringer, use Illumination and Bendalloy to get time go use Aons for superspeed, probably faster than every other non Elantrian. Then I can fly around and send out Midnight Aethor creatures with illusions go make them hidden or look like me. If anyone comes close while I'm flying I Investiture break and they go splat. They might survive the splat, but I'll be basically unreachable. If I need to go down to finish people off, I can awake sand (seashells) or whatever the floor is made of as long as it's not stone or metal. I also will still have my shardplate and dead blade and invincible shield, so good luck getting close to me. The only things that worry me are dawnshards, and hopefully Aon Tia can remove them into space/the middle of a planet/a star.

I like how it's detecting me, specifically :P

On 1/7/2023 at 9:27 AM, Frustration said:

Alright, I got bored again, so I decided to make this.

You have 1,000 points, make the strongest fighter you can, assume everyone is in an arena, and all powers work as normal.

Race - pick one

Reveal hidden contents

Human - zero points

Parshendi(include your form) 5 points Froms of power 10 points.

Sighted Horneater - 10 points

Kandra 5 points

Returned - 5 points

Sleepless - 10 points

Siah Aimian - 5 points

Koloss - 5 points

Koloss blooded - 5 points

Powers grab as many as you can afford.

Reveal hidden contents

1st heightening - 1 point

2nd heightening - 4 points

3rd heightening - 12 points

4th heightening - 20 points

5th heightening - 40 points

6th heightening - 70 points

7th heightening - 100 points

8th heightening - 200 points

9th heightening - 400 points

10th heightening - 1,000 points

Misting(specify metal) - 12 points

Mistborn - 192 points

Lerasium Mistborn - 300 points

Mistborn powers granted by the Well of Ascension(TLR's strength) - 1000 points

Ferring(specify metal) - 12 points

Feruchemist - 192 points

Hemalurgy - 12 points per spike

Atium spike - 300 points

Lerasium spike - 300 points

Trellium spike - 300 spikes

Bag of Atium - 300 points

Medallions - 12 points per power(specify which, not limited to 4 powers, or to feruchemy)

Primer cubes - 5 points

Non-bondsmith Radiant(specify order)

1st Oath - 25 points

2nd oath - 50 points

3rd oath - 200 points

4th oath 300 points

5th oath - 350 points

Bondsmith(specify spren)

1st oath - 200 points

2nd oath - 250 points

3rd oath - 500 points

4th oath - 800 points

5th oath - 850 points

Fused(specify brand) - 20 points

Boon and Bane(specify both) - rate your own

Modern Fabrial - 10 points

Surge fabrial - 20 points

Dead Shardblade - 12 points

Dead Shardplate - 24 points

Larkin - 5 points

Raysium weapon - 300 points

Elantrian - 200 points

Dakhor - 40 points

Ability to break Aons, and other forns of investiture(requires you to be Dakhor) - 200 points

Forgery - 10 points

Potions - 10 points

Chayshan - 10 points

Jar of purified dor - 300 points

Sandmastery - 10 points

Aetherbound(specify aether) - 24 points

Aviar(specify which) - 12 points

Dawnshard - Quadruple your score

Good luck, and may the strongest win.

What is "potions" in the list of powers

TLR strength. Compound f-gold for healing. Can pretty much fly since every thing has metal with a-steel. If you made a steel bubble like wax yours would be able to deflect just about anything even invested metals so (possibly) shard blades? Compound your investiture constantly and just keep gaining power. Honestly just continuously compound everything you can produce all your attributes ridiculously fast just constantly store them as you use a small amount to keep yourself at peak performance. Experiment to find out how teleporting works. Also make a slow bubble then make your self a speed bubble inside the slow bubble for even more speed related tricks then just compound steel to make it even more ridiculous every one is dead before it starts. The power is ridiculous if any of the characters thought about it before using it in the most basic of ways. Or did you mean just the allomancy?

Edited by Otakurogue

Just now, Otakurogue said:

TLR strength. Compound f-gold for healing. Can pretty much fly since every thing has metal with a-steel. If you made a steel bubble like wax yours would be able to deflect just about anything even invested metals so (possibly) shard blades? Compound your investiture constantly and just keep gaining power. Honestly just continuously compound everything you can produce all your attributes ridiculously fast just constantly store them as you use a small amount to keep yourself at peak performance. Experiment to find out how teleporting works. Also make a slow bubble then make your self a speed bubble inside the slow bubble for even more speed related tricks then just compound steel to make it even more ridiculous every one is dead before it starts. The power is ridiculous if any of the characters thought about it before using it in the most basic of ways.

You can't compound with that option I'm afraid, it only gives you allomancy.

Welcome to the shard.

Then mistborn and feruchemist same thing compound investiture to make yourself that powerful and repeat. 384 points throw in some cubes if you like and honestly compounding investiture could you potentially start making awakened objects? If you stored investiture with that intent? And take two jars of dor to give yourself a nice head start

Edited by Otakurogue
More power