Who would win, the Ultimate Cosmere free for all.

Frustration

Just now, Otakurogue said:

could you potentially start making awakened objects?

Only if you had breath to start with.

1 minute ago, Otakurogue said:

If you stored investiture with that intent?

We aren't sure if you can, there's some debate about it, personally I think you probably could compound breath, but who knows.

18 hours ago, Otakurogue said:

Then mistborn and feruchemist same thing compound investiture to make yourself that powerful and repeat. 384 points throw in some cubes if you like and honestly compounding investiture could you potentially start making awakened objects? If you stored investiture with that intent? And take two jars of dor to give yourself a nice head start

So you're going the "fullestborn" route, I actually planned out how I would beat kandra tlr w/ infinite primers and infinite spikes

• Cadmium grenades - return to sender with sand ribbon or any aether

• Become speed - even a speedy Boi will have problems with getting through my tornado of sand, crystal, plants, lightning, etc. I can throw cadmium grenades, pushing on them with zephyr and/or sand

• +atium - sure you can predict where the attacks will be, but that doesn't mean you can avoid them, you couldn't avoid a boulder soulcast around your head, I also have off brand electrum as a counter

• Spike pull - I grow crystal to hold it, you also need to be close for that, if you try to go towards me by pulling, then you run into a tornado of doom again, plus I just make a crystal wall

• Healing - larkin eats your metalminds while I attack

• Aluminum shielded healing inside body/aluminum bones- at this point, I just try to run down your healing

• Putting it all together and leeching me - we play the slow and painful Aon Tia game, I keep teleporting away, slowly wearing you down, trying to get you to a point where you run out of health or are completely vaporized and I can simply grab the metalminds out of your body

1 hour ago, Aetherbound said:

• Become speed - even a speedy Boi will have problems with getting through my tornado of sand, crystal, plants, lightning, etc. I can throw cadmium grenades, pushing on them with zephyr and/or sand

• +atium - sure you can predict where the attacks will be, but that doesn't mean you can avoid them, you couldn't avoid a boulder soulcast around your head, I also have off brand electrum as a counter

I especially like this combo; with enough ribbons of White Sand and with some Allomantic Atium to better control them, you could make a literal maelstrom of slashing tendrils. Very useful for offense and locomotion.

• Spike pull - I grow crystal to hold it, you also need to be close for that, if you try to go towards me by pulling, then you run into a tornado of doom again, plus I just make a crystal wall

But what if the spikes are deeply embedded inside their body? I'm saying it wouldn't work, just that it may prove somewhat difficult.

• Healing - larkin eats your metalminds while I attack

Definatly useful for countering most Invested healing. Kandra might prove harder to effect though, as they don't rely on Kinetic Investiture to heal (though White Sand Maelstrom might do the trick ;)).

7 minutes ago, Trusk'our said:

I especially like this combo; with enough ribbons of White Sand and with some Allomantic Atium to better control them, you could make a literal maelstrom of slashing tendrils. Very useful for offense and locomotion.

But what if the spikes are deeply embedded inside their body? I'm saying it wouldn't work, just that it may prove somewhat difficult.

Definatly useful for countering most Invested healing. Kandra might prove harder to effect though, as they don't rely on Kinetic Investiture to heal (though White Sand Maelstrom might do the trick ;)).

I think you misunderstood my post, it was about how my character could beat @Otakurogue's character, not how I could beat yours, I don't even have A-iron or Atium, or F-Iron.

Edited by Aetherbound

I think you misunderstood my post, it was about how my character could beat @Otakurogue's character, not how I could beat yours, I don't even have A-iron or Atium, or F-Iron.

I meant it more in general, but I suppose I did end up relating it more to my own :D

Edited by Trusk'our

Sleepless 10

Leecher 22

Larkin 27

Dakhor 67

Aon breaker 267

Raysium weapon 567

Coppercloud aviar 579

4th oath elsecaller 879

Those fused that go in floors 899

F-steel 901

1st oath windrunner 926

1st oath dustbringer 951

1st oath stoneward 976

4 more larkin 996

Boon of 5 sets of larkin shaped dead shardplate, bane of losing my shardblade along with the surges of tension, adhesion, and abrasion 1000

Will add strats later

Edited by Aetherbound
Stupid autocorrect

Compounded steel ferring/misting (24 points)

compounded zinc ferring/misting (24 points)

compounded pewter ferring/misting (24 points)

compounded gold ferring/misting (24 points)

Iron ferring (12 points)

5th oath stormfather bondsmith (850 points)

Roseite Aetherbound (24 points) Aiviar see possibilities of death (12 points)

Siah Aimian (5 points)

first heightening (1 point). 1000 points in total.

Edited by Lightweaver2
Miscalculation

Okay. I won't use the whole 1000 points but on a scale of fun characters I would want to play or see.  

In an attempt to make a fun strong character in as few points as possible. 

Midnight aetherbound 24pt

Kandra with aluminum truebody 5pt 

Medallion with F steel and F bendalloy. 24pt 

That is 53pts for a pretty solid base offering functional immortality that can only be further enhanced with breaths.  

Titrate your heightenings to whatever point value you want to end on. 

For a <500 pt build you could have 9th heightening with this as well. 

Go to Roshar.  Awaken a blade and some light armor for yourself.  Make lifeless larkin for leeching and a pack or more of lifeless whitespines as well. 

With the remaining points if you want to bump all the way to 1000 I would probably toss on lerasium and a bag of atium as well. 

11 hours ago, The Stick said:

Quick question, where is this happening. Are there regional locks on Selish magic?

No limitations on Selish arts:

On 7.01.2023 at 9:51 PM, Frustration said:

AonDor would just work in this scenario

Forgery 10 10

Jar of Dor 300 310

Use Dor to fuel Forgery in Fifth ideal Stormfather Bondsmith. Open Perpendicularity to power

forgery of fifth ideal of every order.

Use Perpendicularity to forge self into Elantrian

Larkin 5 315

Sandmastery 10 325

Returned 5 330

ChayShan (For Dor access) 10 340

Dakhor 40 380

Primer cubes 5 385

Feruchemist and Lerasium Mistborn 492 877

4 spikes. 2 offensive aluminum. Two enhancing duralumin 48 925

Boon/Bane 75 1000. Boon is you burn metals normally when duralumin burning. This means

they are burned at normal rate with increased power. Metals normally burn 4 times as fast.

Another question, do Honorblades have a point cost?

21 hours ago, The Stick said:

Forgery 10 10

Jar of Dor 300 310

Use Dor to fuel Forgery in Fifth ideal Stormfather Bondsmith. Open Perpendicularity to power

That would require far more power than what one jar of Dor could provide.

21 hours ago, The Stick said:

Use Perpendicularity to forge self into Elantrian

You couldn't use a standard Perpendicularity, you would have to strip the investiture of Identity somehow.

22 hours ago, The Stick said:

Another question, do Honorblades have a point cost?

No, if you really want them you can use the same cost as a third ideal Radiant of the same order.

This is my brother’s, he can’t post it.

Radiant 3rd Ideal Stormfather Bondsmith - 500
Radiant 5th Ideal (Lightweaver, but I'm still figuring out what might be best) - 350
Compounded Steel Ferring/Misting - 24
Compounded Gold Ferring/Misting - 24
Compounded Zinc Ferring/Misting - 24
Compounded Weight Ferring/Misting - 24
Leecher Misting - 12
Fast Time Bubble Misting - 12
Forgery - 10
Death Aviar - 12
Siah Amian - 5 points
First heightening - 3 points
Total: 998

On 4/30/2023 at 11:15 AM, Aetherbound said:

Boon of 5 sets of larkin shaped dead shardplate, bane of losing my shardblade along with the surges of tension, adhesion, and abrasion 1000

I’m just wondering, would the shardplate remove the Larkin ability to absorb investiture?

this is really fun, so here's mine. my goals are to be unkillable, able to go anywhere, and then I'll work in as much damage as possible. to start, feruchemist and mistborn. (384)so I have gold compounding. now I can only die if I run out of gold. I also will use steel compounding for a ton of speed, and make bendalloy bubbles. I will also use chromium compounding because INFINITE FORTUNE. now for step 2. 3rd oath skybreaker(+200)(584) so I can go up high as I want and have a shardblade. 2nd oath elsecaller, so no sneaky hiding in Shadesmar. (+50)(634) and my race is sleepless, so I can fit through small places, and in case both my gold and radiant healings fail. nex-im fused(+20)(654) so I can't be easily trapped and for extra speed. raysium weapon(+300)(954) 5th heightening(+40)(994)and a Larkin because adorable(+5)(999)

12 hours ago, witless hoid said:

this is really fun, so here's mine. my goals are to be unkillable, able to go anywhere, and then I'll work in as much damage as possible.

Welcome to the 17th Shard! Hope to see more of your presence here in the future :D

to start, feruchemist and mistborn. (384)so I have gold compounding. now I can only die if I run out of gold. I also will use steel compounding for a ton of speed, and make bendalloy bubbles. I will also use chromium compounding because INFINITE FORTUNE.

One small point I want to mention; technically you don't have infinite Feruchemical attributes, as your Allomantic strength determines how much Feruchemical charge you get per unit of metal burned- you could either choose to constantly have a smaller boost to your attributes via Compounding (just benefiting from burning Feruchemical stores) or store a bunch over a period of time and tap it at a much quicker rate over a shorter period of time.

Still, very powerful.

and a Larkin because adorable(+5)(999)

It's true, they are pretty cute as far as monster-bug-things go :)

Edited by Trusk'our

This was a very fun challenge, I basically gave myself anything I think is fun, (hence the 5 Larkin) but I think this would be a highly formidable combo

Siah Aimian = 5

Elantrian = 200

Aviar(cognitive concealment) = 12

6th awakening = 70

Mistborn = 192

Feruchemist = 192

Jar of purified dor = 300

5 Larkin = 25

total = 996

Edited by theunsoulcastablestick

Human: zero

Forgery: 10

5th ideal bondsmith (nightwatcher): 860

Old magic- perfect understanding of how to use hemalurgy but unable to gain the benefits of hemalurgy or forgery: 890

nicroburst misting: 902

connector ferring: 914

6th heightening: 984

Aviar(cognitive concealment) : 998

This is built around not making me very powerful, but getting a goon or two and using forgery and hemalurgy to make them stupidly powerful

3 hours ago, Spearguy said:

Old magic- perfect understanding of how to use hemalurgy but unable to gain the benefits of hemalurgy or forgery: 890

This is built around not making me very powerful, but getting a goon or two and using forgery and hemalurgy to make them stupidly powerful

Ooooo. I like it!

Haven't seen that strategy yet, though it probably would do well.

1 hour ago, Spearguy said:

Unfortunately in an all around free for all no prep time this build wouldn't do the best, but give me an hour, a few stamps, scrap metal and a loyal minion and I most likley win. 

Well, here is a problem - 4 spikes is the limit after which you don't get any more power, and Shards can control you. With the knowledge from Nightwatcher you would likely be able to put more powers into a single spike, but still you would have to have less than 4 spikes in your minions. Any feruchemist with lots of connection stored can break into Hemalurgist with many spikes, Bondsmith can do the same, emotional Allomancy as well. Half of the people there are Fullborn Bondsmiths so good luck anyway :D 

Spoiler

Dopetruffles

And finally, whether a duralumin compounder could break into a kandra?

Brandon Sanderson

Um... yes, possible, yeah.

WorldCon 76 (Aug. 18, 2018)