Who would win, the Ultimate Cosmere free for all.

Frustration

not necessarily, seemingly inquisitors are in some way resistant to this sort of thing despite the fact that they have loads of spikes, I get the feeling that it's less about the number of spikes and more about how much they affect the soul. With both forgery and better understanding of hemalurgy than the lord ruler, the spikes could be placed in a manner that causes much less damage.

Also what I would be doing is forging someone, spiking them, then after the forgery wears of putting the spike back in, this would probably do much less damage to the spirit web. Also a bondsmith could feasible use the same process they use to fix inanimate objects to help make it so that the soul is less damaged. 

But all in all yes these minions being taken over would be a problem, but the plan B would be to take away the opponents powers.

The first part is a mix of two things, one part is to keep them constantly connected to me, not controlling them against their will because that's a good way to breed resentment in subordinates, the second part is to make it so that without reapplied soulstamps their powers would be massively weakened (and the power required would need a perpendicularity).

As for the second make sure that one of my minions is a speed compounder or a slider, also if I am not mistaken bondsmiths have been shown to slow down time as a side effect. Despite this outspeeding is gonna be a problem for this build. I designed this powerset more from the lens of overall power rather than just combat.

Good response, but seeing  that my character is a Bondsmith and steel compounder, it would give you trouble. I’m not saying mine would win, but saying that yours would probably win overall is an overstatement in my opinion. There is probably a character out there that is especially good against your character.

I feel like that is a big part of this entire thread, there is no one strongest character, yours is a good all rounder good in both an all out brawl and over a longer period of time. While  mine is not good in a fair fight, but in an actual battle with multiple combatants on each side it is much more powerful.

10 hours ago, Spearguy said:

not necessarily, seemingly inquisitors are in some way resistant to this sort of thing despite the fact that they have loads of spikes, I get the feeling that it's less about the number of spikes and more about how much they affect the soul. With both forgery and better understanding of hemalurgy than the lord ruler, the spikes could be placed in a manner that causes much less damage.

Also what I would be doing is forging someone, spiking them, then after the forgery wears of putting the spike back in, this would probably do much less damage to the spirit web. Also a bondsmith could feasible use the same process they use to fix inanimate objects to help make it so that the soul is less damaged. 

But all in all yes these minions being taken over would be a problem, but the plan B would be to take away the opponents powers.

Every spike causes damage, every spike, even the smallest earring Vin had, even a piece of broken sword Spook had, was enough for Ruin to talk to them, pull on their emotions,manipulate them. Vin was able to break through the mental wall of Marsh with Mist-powered soothing and saw through Marsh's eyes - here every Mistborn is also a Radiant, with access to Stormlight, which is the same as Mists, gaseous form of investiture. They can use it to power Allomancy, to break into Inquisitors.  Hemalurgy ALWAYS damages the soul.

You want to Forge them, spike them stealing parts of the Forgery and then spike them again giving them power? That will do even more damage to the spirit web, as donor binding points are not in the same place as recipient points - you will create twice as many holes in their spirit web - with donor holes being smaller, less damaging the soul than recipient, due to Forgery, but it will still damage them. That's a bad idea.

7 hours ago, Spearguy said:

The first part is a mix of two things, one part is to keep them constantly connected to me, not controlling them against their will because that's a good way to breed resentment in subordinates, the second part is to make it so that without reapplied soulstamps their powers would be massively weakened (and the power required would need a perpendicularity).

And that's again bad idea :P Without your direct control (as a Bondsmith you would be able to do that) they are susceptible to Hemalurgic control by others. As explained above, there is a lot of ways of achieving that here. Your control would create another barrier that others would have to overcome, like in case of Vin and Marsh - Vin broke through Marsh's wall, but not Ruin's control. You should control them, that will mitigate most emotional Allomancy thrown at your minions, only the most powerful Bondsmiths and Bondsmiths/Fullborns (and Dawnshards with right powers) would be able to overcome you as well. There is still few of them (like mine) so you would still lose your minions eventually. Of course that's all matters if you gave them 4 or more spikes, or power equivalent to that (however stacking multiple powers into a single spike damages the soul compared to a single power in a single spike).

If your minions require reapplying Soulstamps during a fight, that's the best way to kill them as well - almost all people here took leeching or Larkin, which might be able to leech Forged souls, or at least investiture in the stamp. Just wait for a Soulstamp to wear off, or leech it, and kill them. 

I'm not saying your build is wrong, it's a fun idea, if done right it can be good, you just have to take into account that you have to limit the amount of spikes given to your minions, or keep them under your direct hemalurgic control and find a way for this control to be the strongest on the arena. 

Plus tbf I don't know how minion's spikes should count, I think you should include their price in your list, but that's not my call to make.

On 5/16/2023 at 11:07 AM, witless hoid said:

this is really fun, so here's mine. my goals are to be unkillable, able to go anywhere, and then I'll work in as much damage as possible. to start, feruchemist and mistborn. (384)so I have gold compounding. now I can only die if I run out of gold. I also will use steel compounding for a ton of speed, and make bendalloy bubbles. I will also use chromium compounding because INFINITE FORTUNE. now for step 2. 3rd oath skybreaker(+200)(584) so I can go up high as I want and have a shardblade. 2nd oath elsecaller, so no sneaky hiding in Shadesmar. (+50)(634) and my race is sleepless, so I can fit through small places, and in case both my gold and radiant healings fail. nex-im fused(+20)(654) so I can't be easily trapped and for extra speed. raysium weapon(+300)(954) 5th heightening(+40)(994)and a Larkin because adorable(+5)(999)

Interesting concept to make you unkillable. I would suggest flipping Elsecaller and Skybreaker so 3rd ideal Elsecaller. This would make your Soulcasting much more efficient. Then, you could essentially power Allomancy and Feruchemy with Stormlight. You could Soulcast any metals you need so you never run out of gold.

• 2 weeks later...