Who would win, the Ultimate Cosmere free for all.

Frustration

Just now, Tglassy said:

There is obviously something different going on with her blade.  It’s apparently absorbing color, like what happens when you make a body into a Lifeless.  So it’s absorbing SOMETHING.  

Or severing something.

When you sever a limb with a shardblade it turns grey, so it could just be doing that.

Just now, Frustration said:

Or severing something.

When you sever a limb with a shardblade it turns grey, so it could just be doing that.

But if that’s the case, then it severs the entire body, rather than just where it strikes. It still looks more like Awakening absorbing color to me.  Either way, it’s obviously doing something different than a Rosharan Shardblades. 

1 minute ago, Tglassy said:

But if that’s the case, then it severs the entire body, rather than just where it strikes. It still looks more like Awakening absorbing color to me.  Either way, it’s obviously doing something different than a Rosharan Shardblades. 

Yes, but just being different from Rosharan Shardblades doesn't mean that it is doing whatever Nightblood is.

19 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Yes, but just being different from Rosharan Shardblades doesn't mean that it is doing whatever Nightblood is.

We’re going to have to give a little creative leeway, here, because there’s just so much we don’t know.  So instead of just going back and forth, let’s work together to see what sounds reasonable given what we know.  

My character has the combined powers of a 9th Heightening Awakener and a 3rd Oath Bondsmith to the Nightwatcher, can Forge and has access to some Metalic Arts.  I don’t mind giving up my Hemalurgic Spike if I need to use it to create the weapon, in which case we need to figure out which kind of spike I’d need, and what it could potentially do.  

Any Blade made would have a personality of some kind and be able to cut through anything with little resistance.  That’s normal.  It’s the other abilities we’d need to sus out.  To be honest, Nightblood himself is almost too dangerous, even for a Bondsmith.  He’d tear through any investiture given at a higher rate than could be pulled.  So something similar but not exactly the same would be nice. 

for example, could I make a Blade that destroyed or disrupted Investiture, rather than absorbed it?   Or perhaps something that uses Investiture to do something, such as blasts of power?  Or perhaps it can deflect Investiture?   If I can’t have an actual Nightblood (which I’d argue I could), then what is on the table? 

Edit: And…if it has different abilities depending on what it’s made of…could I…Forge it into different metals? Particularly if I acquired all the different metals before making it, making the Forging as simple as “I picked that metal instead”?

Edited by Tglassy

My actual answer is Lerasium Mistborn + Elantrian + Dawnshard, just going for raw combat ability. However, the dawnshards broke Ashyn somehow in conjunction with the invested arts, so to make things sporting I'm going to not do that.

Human (0 pt) + Lerasium Mistborn (300 pt) + Feruchemist (192 pt) + Elantrian (200 pt) + 4th ideal Lightweaver (300 pt) brings me up to 992 points in total, with 8 possible points remaining. Lerasium Mistborn already means I'm essentially a one-man army, which is them made worse by the fact that I'm also a fullborn capable of compounding every metal. I have photographic memory for Aons from both my Lightweaver resonance (assuming that's not drowned out by having so many powers) and my copperminds, and virtually limitless speed and acuity with which to plan them out and draw them. Aon Dor is one of the single most versatile invested arts that we've seen in the entire cosmere, and should nicely cover most remaining blind spots that the metallic arts don't get to. And then I'm also a 4th ideal lightweaver, which means we're looking at radiant healing, lightweaving, soulcasting, a living blade and plate, and being heavily invested enough to power through certain effects like Urithiru's suppression defenses. A cryptic might also prove helpful at identifying the patterns of Aons, potentially making me better at using those as well.

With my eight remaining points, lets go with primer cubes (5 pt) and, what the heck, First Heightening (1 pt). The former gives me all sorts of extra tricks to use with my metallic arts, and while I don't technically need the latter, being just a little bit more invested can't hurt.

Edit: Actually, if we're going for raw, Cosemere-shattering power, I can do one better than my original plan.

First, I'm a Returned (5 pts)

Then, I acquire a few extra breaths, enough to raise a non-Returned to 2nd heightening (9 pts)

Then I bind a spren and swear the 2nd ideal. (59 pts) Let's say I'm a Dustbringer.

And then I take up a Dawnshard (118 pts)

And then another (236 pts)

And another (472 pts)

And another (944 pts)

I am now in possession of all four primal divine Commands, a pool of raw investiture attuned to a system that thrives on Commands, radiant healing, and two Surges. Assuming I don't disintegrate just by virtue of existing, I am feeling very confident.

Edited by Cocoa

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Frustration said:

I'm going to increase Dawnshards to *4

@Cocoa @alder24 @lacrossedeamon does this change you picks?

Personally I would change to 3rd Oath Bondsmith, Elantrain, Lerasium Mistborn.

well that just limits me to 62.5 misc point allocations if I still want all 4 dawnshards

1 minute ago, Frustration said:

62.5*4 = 250

250*4 = 1,000

If you want all four you only have 3.9 points to allot in other places.

Oh you are saying that all 4 would be a 256 multiplier. I was thinking it would be a 16. Wasn't thinking the dawnshard multiplication compounded on each other just thought they effected the non dawnshard investiture. So 4(4)*investiture rather than 4^4*investiture.

1 minute ago, lacrossedeamon said:

Oh you are saying that all 4 would be a 256 multiplier. I was thinking it would be a 16. Wasn't thinking the dawnshard multiplication compounded on each other just thought they effected the non dawnshard investiture. So 4(4)*investiture rather than 4^4*investiture.

Yep.

Sleepless full-born Fifth oath sky breaker first oath else caller elantrian aether bound (midnight) second heighting for 997 Points 

with being a full born I can compound nicrosil and soul cast literal tons of water and metal with access to the dor I can have almost limitless investiture and can sustain a lot of midnight essence under my control and then being a sleepless with gold healing stormlight healing elantrian healing I’d be unstoppable and if you tried to capture me I could just go into the cognitive realm and escape or transfer my consciousness to a different swarm

Lift does a lot of things in addition to metabolizing food to Lifelight. She can break into the Stormfather’s or Odium’s visions, presumably without the either of them knowing, and she’s seen though Hoid’s disguise at some point per a WoB. That and none of it seems related to what she asked for, which was to stay as she was while the world changed around her.

But just looking at the ability to turn food (or bendalloy compounding) into Lifelight for Surges doesn’t seem too overpowered, though. Could probably do something similar with nicrosil compounding alone. And you still need the metal to burn.

(I’d also note that the more esoteric curse and boons we’ve seen, being Lift and Taravangian (and to a lesser extent Dalinar), are from Cultivation directly and not the Nightwatcher, but when we’re playing with Dawnshards that seems even less relevent…)

On 1/22/2023 at 7:19 PM, Frustration said:

I'm going to increase Dawnshards to *4

@Cocoa @alder24 @lacrossedeamon does this change you picks?

Personally I would change to 3rd Oath Bondsmith, Elantrain, Lerasium Mistborn.

I'll keep my official answer as "1st heightening Human Elantrian Lerasium Fullborn with primer cubes who's bonded a cryptic and sworn the 4th ideal (998 points)," I think. Compounding the dawnshard cost just nerfs my unofficial "here's what I'd do if I were minmaxing to ludicrous extremes" answer XD

So, what if we made this a kind of game where you have to make a build that can beat whatever the last post was?

Honestly @Cocoa's build is rather solid, with powerful offensive and defensive options. To beat that I think I'm going to take Well of Ascension level Allomancy for 1,000 points and try to win off sheer strength.

Spoiler

Stormform Regal: 10

7 spikes: 84/94

Atium spike: 300/394

Dakhor 10/404

Rasdium Weapon 300/704

Elantrian 200/904

Forgery 10/914

100 breaths 2/916

Husked one 20/936

Altered one 20/956

Deepest one 20/976

Primer cube 10/981

Returned 10/986

Dead Plate 24/1000

If that's the case, I'd be a Returned Elantrian Stormform regal with 7 spikes to be mistborn and misting (as defined in your post) using the identity trick to compound (same tinmind as before). Grab an atium spike for Dakhor manipulation. A very similar rasdium/deadblade/ettmetal/fabrial weapon to that which I had before. I have 100 breaths, and forgery. I'm a Husked, Altered, and Deepest one, with dead plate and a primer cube. Dead plate should alter to fit my changing size from FS. I should be able to forge a conection with the plate, especially with access to conection sight and malatium shadows.

I might switch Deepest one to a windrunner/skybreaker squire (though I'd prefer the windrunner). If that's not possible, I'd grab a gravatation fabrial instead.

Edited by IlstrawberrySeed
dropped squiredom.

I still like my answer from before.  I'm a Returned (5) with the 9th Heightening (400), a 3rd Oath Bondsmith bound to the Nightwatcher (300).  I am a Double Steel Twinborn (24) with a Medallion granting both A-Iron and F-Iron (24), and a Hemalurgic Spike granting Duralumin (12).  I can Forge, which should be interesting with my power over Connection.  I also have a full Soulcaster and I ride a Larkin.  And I use my Awakening to Awaken a Nighblood blade.  Not specifically Nightblood, but something on par.  I'm sure combining the abilities of a Bondsmith with a 9th Heightening Awakener who can Awaken on instinct should be enough to do such a thing.  

Near infinite speed from Steel Compounding, Awakened armor with Wakened spiked chains, a Larkin mount, and yeah.  I'm pretty confident in my ability to take on just about anything.