Ideas for Stormlight Archive themed birthday party

A few ideas:

• Drinks colored with food coloring, and light-up coasters underneath if you can find them and the cups are translucent
  • A couple of curries, especially seafood, in spicy/savory and sweet varieties, that can be served with rice or naan bread etc.
  • Small cakes (cupcake sized) shaped and decorated to look like rocks that guests can cut through easily with their "Shardknives"

17 hours ago, Nazh said:

light-eyed feast food options

Here are some ideas for which I can provide recipes and/or links - though most can also be easily searched on Wikipedia or cooking sites

Women's food

• Kabuli Palau
    • A version of Rice Pilaf named after Kabul Afghanistan. Basmati rice (preferably Afghan Rice) is soaked for an hour, then rinsed to remove excess starch before cooking in stock. Then, what sets this apart, raisins are rehydrated in stock, then cooked with carrot and almond slivers in oil and sugar/honey. The rice is put into a dish and topped with the carrot mix and finished in the oven.
  • Qorma
    • Can use any preferred meat, but mutton/lamb is how I learned the dish. It's a type of curry where the meat is seared on high heat, then you add the vegetables, fruit (raisins or dates if desired),a minimum of liquid and yogurt and braise to desired doneness.
  • Mild Tom Kha Gai
    • Thai coconut curry soup. Gai means chicken, and you can make with other proteins (e.g. Shimp is Tom Kha Goong) but the soup is primarily galangal (which you may approximate with ginger), lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and coconut milk.
  • Pumpkin Cookies
    • Moist, slightly sweet pumpkin cookies, with or without additions (nuts, chips, etc.), make a good desert option

Men's Food

• Katsu Curry
    • A Japanese curry that can be made as spicy as you want; typified by a fried cutlet (usually pork or chicken) in a curry sauce (with or without vegetables) and topped as desired (diced hard-boiled egg, or fried garlic are common). Served with rice.
  • Spiced Wings/Nuggets
    • Bone in or boneless; either way you start with a brine that has a citrus with garlic and whatever chili you want (based on desired heat level). After brineing, rinse and cook in the oven until cooked through (can be done a day or two before). On the day of the party you season and deep fry the wings crispy if bone-in - or - bread and fry the nuggets (boneless) (this two-stage cooking lets you fry at a higher temperature to get crispy outsides without worrying about being raw in the center). The boneless version could also be used to make a Chouta if combined with pita/flatbread and a curry sauce.
  • Chili
    • Any version of chili should work, but I suggest layering the spice. First, whatever your hottest chili will be (habanero, serrano, etc) is used in the meat marinade and in the soaking stock for the beans. The second spiciest chili (serrano, jalapeno, etc.) is used to make the chili base (caramelized onion sauteed with garlic, chili, bell pepper, tomato - then pureed smooth). The weakest chili is used in the final product - this should let the heat build the more that is eaten without being so hot as to blow out the palette on the first bite.
  • Mole Brownies
    • Traditional brownie recipe, but the milk is steeped with chilis (type depending on how spicy you want it), and the flour is seasoned with cinnamon, clove (and other mole spices, if desired). Can be baked as cupcakes (or a muffin-top pan) to make individual servings.
Edited by Treamayne
SPAG

At first, only 10 of your friends are allowed over. Then you torture them until one of them breaks and everyone else is allowed in. 

Or for a more realistic idea, you get one person to be your Wit and sit at the door and insult everyone as they come in.

You could always have crab as one of the dishes, although that can be expensive, so that's up to you. 

Make some basic spren! You could use red streamers for anticipation, blue paper leaves for joy, some sort of golden spheres for glory? I think that would also be cute for cake decorating, if you're doing a cake-- an emotion spren themed cake could be really fun!

Do a bridge run relay,  cross a chasm with someone shooting nerf arrows at you. 

Craft fabrials (beads, etc)

Dig gemhearts out of chasmfiends, like the dig kits you can buy ( or mix sand and plaster of paris to DIY) or use jello. 

Spear training session

Something specific to the orders,  like art for lightweavers, balancing rocks for windrunners. 

15 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

You could have people take the Knights Radiant Order quiz, then plan some activity based on that. I don't know how exactly that would work, just a thought.

Truthwatcher is the result I got, thanks for the idea! Might plan something based on that.

Edited by Nazh

These sound fun! Here's a few cheap and simple ideas.

• Skybreaker challenge colored flour/chalk sack war. 
  • Pancake bar with 10  9 different kinds of pancakes or toppings if you (or whomever is cooking) want a simpler food
  • Depending on who you're hosting for, temporary Bridge 4 tattoos could be fun. It can be as simple as making a Bridge 4 glyph stencil and then filling it in with a washable marker or face paint. Just make sure you're using something nontoxic and won't drip into someone's eyes if someone wants one on their forehead.
  • Hijack a fire hydrant and simulate a Highstorm 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 10:38 PM, Sjsharks93 said:

At first, only 10 of your friends are allowed over. Then you torture them until one of them breaks and everyone else is allowed in. 

Or for a more realistic idea, you get one person to be your Wit and sit at the door and insult everyone as they come in.

Holy crap count me in Ive got a voidspren in my 

gemheart also supply left hand gloves and have painting/art contests

Edited by Thirdofstars

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

You've got to go into more detail than that;)

ummm, it was very awesome. Wait. A stranger is wanting information? Online? this is suspicious. very suspicious. Also, I have a real sword, so the Moash pinata was very fun.

Purposefully filled with red kool-aid.

Edited by Nazh

1 hour ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

You've got to go into more detail than that;)

1 hour ago, Nazh said:

ummm, it was very awesome. Wait. A stranger is wanting information? Online? this is suspicious. very suspicious. Also, I have a real sword, so the Moash pinata was very fun.

Purposefully filled with red kool-aid.

I think the point was simply that we were curious which, if any, of the suggestions you employed and if they worked well. Would you suggest others employ the same suggestions?