Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

58 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus chuckles. "I forgot that not everyone met her before. She is the Kaos-avatar thing. She was the giant spider we fought (or at least some of us did) at the Clinic."

X blinked. "That... thing... is named Emma?"

On 3/31/2023 at 2:32 PM, Ati16 said:

Refnet

Ati entered the cavern and looked around. "The question is, what are we going to do next? Even if these people would be willing to fight with us, we don't know where the others are. Do we know where the other pillars are and can we reach the others some way? We have hundreds of people here and many have magical abilities. Maybe someone has some communication ability that would help us contact the others and organize a resistance against Kaos."

@The Bookwyrm, @Nameless*, @Aes Sedai, @InfiniteInsanity

Refnet: Underworld Entrance

The cavern was refreshingly cool compared to the sun-baked stone and sand outside. In the far back of the cavern, there was a deep hole in the ground with a cool wind blowing out of it.

"That hole will lead to the underworld of the planet; the caverns underneath the surface hold an ecosystem that will provide them with enough food. It's a long fall, but the wind keeps you safe.

"As for your question..." Bookwyrm trailed off. "I don't know. But we'll figure something out."

I hope.

On 4/3/2023 at 2:41 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

Refnet

Insa grabbed Bookwyrm's arm. "Kaos is still in me. And I assume in you too. But Emma's connection to me as my sister means no matter what you or anyone does there is still a way for Kaos to affect me. Occasionally it takes control of my magic and I lose control. Remember when I hit you? I have no control. And whatever you did to keep it out of my head won't hold forever. Everything Emma does will only make Kaos stronger. I'm fairly certain that there isn't a way to be far enough away from Kaos." She let go of his arm. "I don't want to hurt anyone. I've caused enough fear for these people. Maybe I shouldn't be here."

@The Bookwyrm

Bookwyrm looked at Insa. A pang of sadness ran through him.

She's had to deal with so much...how does she do it?

He reached out and gently grabbed her hand.

"I know you're scared. And perhaps that fear is warranted. But...do you honestly think we'd just leave you? We need all the help we can get at this point. Everything you can do will help us. If you hurt us, you're forgiven. It's not your fault. We'll just press on like we've always have.

"We need you, Insa. And we aren't going to abandon you. I'm not going to abandon you."

19 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm looked at Insa. A pang of sadness ran through him.

She's had to deal with so much...how does she do it?

He reached out and gently grabbed her hand.

"I know you're scared. And perhaps that fear is warranted. But...do you honestly think we'd just leave you? We need all the help we can get at this point. Everything you can do will help us. If you hurt us, you're forgiven. It's not your fault. We'll just press on like we've always have.

"We need you, Insa. And we aren't going to abandon you. I'm not going to abandon you."

Refnet

Insa pursed her lips. She took a deep breath, holding back tears. 

He was right. She was scared. Very scared. It was bad enough when she thought she would be able to learn to control it. But now that she knew she couldn't it was worse. And knowing what it had caused before definitely didn't help.

He's also right in saying they won't leave you. You know that too. 

"I... I don't think I could forgive myself if I hurt more people. " 

Oh c'mon you have to at least somewhat admit he's right.

"But if you think it's better that I stay then I'll stay for now. "

That works I guess.

"But only if you really truly think it's better. "

Edited by InfiniteInsanity

15 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Refnet

Insa pursed her lips. She took a deep breath, holding back tears. 

He was right. She was scared. Very scary. It was bad enough when she thought she would be able to learn to control it. But now she knew she couldn't it was worse. And knowing what it had caused before definitely didn't help.

He's also right in saying they won't leave you. You know that too. 

"I... I don't think I could forgive myself if I hurt more people. " 

Oh c'mon you have to at least somewhat admit he's right.

"But if you think it's better that I stay then I'll stay for now. "

That works I guess.

"But only if you really truly think it's better. "

Refnet

Rue walked over to Insa. She didn't say anything, but she gave a sad smile and nodded, knowing she couldn't help but wanting to be there anyway.

Refnet: Underworld Entrance

Bookwyrm squeezed Insa's hand one last time and then let go. He started to move forwards.

She has someone with her.

Bookwyrm hesitated and fought to keep confusion from showing on his face.

What?

A being, or at least the presence of one. Someone who speaks to her in the way I speak to you. I can't tell what their nature is, or how strong they are, but...I though you might want to know.

...Thanks, Bookwyrm responded, not knowing what else to say.

Then he smiled at Insa and led the group towards the large hole in the floor of the cavern.

Refnet

Insa watched Bookwyrm walk away. If I left he'd be to busy to notice and I wouldn't physically hurt them.

Girl they'd all freak out. You aren't leaving. I won't let you.

And what would you do about it?

I'm in your head dear. You would feel horrid physically and mentally. Guilt and pain. Besides I have control over your magic too. More so than Kaos. I don't want to do that to you so you are going to stay.

Insa sighed. Fine.

She looked over and saw Rue. "Oh. Hi."

@Edema Ruh

29 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Refnet

Insa watched Bookwyrm walk away. If I left he'd be to busy to notice and I wouldn't physically hurt them.

Girl they'd all freak out. You aren't leaving. I won't let you.

And what would you do about it?

I'm in your head dear. You would feel horrid physically and mentally. Guilt and pain. Besides I have control over your magic too. More so than Kaos. I don't want to do that to you so you are going to stay.

Insa sighed. Fine.

She looked over and saw Rue. "Oh. Hi."

@Edema Ruh

Refnet

"Hey," Rue said quietly.

4 minutes ago, shortcake said:

*ahem* what do i have to do to join? I have.. Skyward problems..

I also just really wanna join a roleplay-

make a character and that's about it. plus you'll have to join a group. I'd recommend making a character that is from the refugees from the clinic and joining with Bookwyrm, Insa, and the others.

7 minutes ago, shortcake said:

*ahem* what do i have to do to join? I have.. Skyward problems..

I also just really wanna join a roleplay-

If you really wanted to you could be Zahra. She's a refugee from the Clinic. She's nine and is really good at read people's emotions through their eyes.

2 minutes ago, shortcake said:

Um... she knows Insa. She knows of Bookwyrm and has seen him. I don't think she knows his name. Everything else is up to you to decide. If I missed anything about her its all on the page before this one. I made her but couldn't figure out how I wanted to use her. I think she'll be better written if you write her. And if you want to change anything about her you can. She's your character now.

8 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"A wizard?" X shook his head. "I didn't even know magic existed until today."

"Oh, well I can't really help you then. Thaidakar probably knew him better anyway."

Platypus resumes pacing.

"So what's our plan? Do we go for the bind points or try to meet up with the rest of the survivors?"

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Shadowed

2 minutes ago, Edema Ruh said:

Refnet

“If there’s anything I can do to help, anything at all, tell me. Please.” Rue said, looking at Insa sadly. How quickly things changed.

@InfiniteInsanity

Refnet

Insa smiled a little. "I'll try to remember that. But I just think I need time to adjust a little." She looked where Bookwyrm had walked off. " Are we supposed to be doing anything? "

9 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Refnet

Insa smiled a little. "I'll try to remember that. But I just think I need time to adjust a little." She looked where Bookwyrm had walked off. " Are we supposed to be doing anything? "

Refnet

“Good question,” Rue said, then turned towards Bookwyrm. “Bookwyrm?”

@The Bookwyrm