Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

???

TAAron was alone, almost.

He didn't really know where he was or what he was doing. He just... waited. For orders, perhaps. He felt nothing.

A voice still whispered inside of him. This is not the end for you. Not yet. He didn't know what it meant, or maybe he chose not to. After all, it wasn't Kaos. It was somehow insubstantial, yet not himself. No matter.

He would continue to wait.

I think he was with Lark (Nameless) going to destroy/corrupt more pillars. He's corrupted, right?

19 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Mysterious Forest

Pain laced through Bookwyrm as the darkness pierced him. The latent corruption in his mind flared, and he shoved it back down.

You are not going to win this.

I know. I have to stall until someone who can comes along.

Come on, Calano...find the Creator's Light...we didn't bring you to that ocean of Light for nothing.

The voice sighed. I'll support you as long as I can. But this endangers both of us to an extreme. Would you betray your friends in such a way? Have them face you as you follow the will of a dark being?

Bookwyrm hesitated, but didn't answer.

"What about Calano?" Bookwyrm asked Emma, staggering as he desperately tried to heal the wounds. Stormlight took longer than normal. So did Gold. The wounds finally closed, but the darkness was not so easily purged. He isolated it with the Light in his mind, vowing to deal with it later. It was only in his body. Not his soul. Yet.

"I performed your marriage," he continued. "I felt the love. The magic wouldn't have worked if it didn't exist. Or did you find some way to fake that which is unfakeable?"

@CalanoCorvus

"It was not faked. It is not gone. He is just misguided and I shall correct this in him."

A sly smile twisted Emma's lips, "but you will be a fine start."

Emma casually raised her palm and blasted Bookwyrm with a stream of Kaos. Designed to pentrate his soul, it wouldn't take long. Then she could go after Calano.

7 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

???

TAAron was alone, almost.

He didn't really know where he was or what he was doing. He just... waited. For orders, perhaps. He felt nothing.

A voice still whispered inside of him. This is not the end for you. Not yet. He didn't know what it meant, or maybe he chose not to. After all, it wasn't Kaos. It was somehow insubstantial, yet not himself. No matter.

He would continue to wait.

Neither were particularly ordered and I can have Emma pull them in once the others arrive, if they come.

Refnet

Insa stood up very quickly. "We need to go to Tal'rin. There are people there and I..." she took a deep breath "I don't think they know that Wizard is dead."

Saar? 

Yes?

Is there any way you could help us get there?

I mean I guess I could.

Great.

"I know a god. They probably aren't the most reliable" I am reliable! "but they have offered a way to get us there. Unless you have any other ideas?"

@Edema Ruh

1 minute ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Refnet

Insa stood up very quickly. "We need to go to Tal'rin. There are people there and I..." she took a deep breath "I don't think they know that Wizard is dead."

Saar? 

Yes?

Is there any way you could help us get there?

I mean I guess I could.

Great.

"I know a god. They probably aren't the most reliable" I am reliable! "but they have offered a way to get us there. Unless you have any other ideas?"

@Edema Ruh

Refnet

“Let’s do that. We haven’t been here long enough for me to make a gateway, so that’s probably our best option.”

44 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"It was not faked. It is not gone. He is just misguided and I shall correct this in him."

A sly smile twisted Emma's lips, "but you will be a fine start."

Emma casually raised her palm and blasted Bookwyrm with a stream of Kaos. Designed to pentrate his soul, it wouldn't take long. Then she could go after Calano.

???

Darkness flooded the world that was Bookwyrm's mind. Memories, mannerisms, connections...swallowed by darkness. The stars continued to wink out, a galaxy snuffed, a universe silenced.

Is there anything you can do? He sent to the void as the wave of fading stars moved towards his soul.

I cannot stop this darkness, the voice responded. It has too much substance. Backed by a force I cannot counter. I do not have access to the Alignment as I might once have...

Bookwyrm accepted the fact within himself.

I can give you one gift.

What?

The power to resist. This darkness is not eternal. You may not be able to resist the commands of Kaos, but when the moment comes, you will be able to stay your blade. Hold yourself back. Save one you love.

Tears would have come to Bookwyrm's eyes, were he aware of his body. Thank you.

It doesn't come from me. You had this power in yourself. I just helped you realize it.

The wave of darkness continued moving, until only the bright star of his soul was left.

I'll see you in another time, my friend.

Bookwyrm, with his last free thought, sent a message to Calano.

Keep going.

Then the shadow passed over him, and his soul took on the purple tinge of Kaos.

@CalanoCorvus

Edited by The Bookwyrm

32 minutes ago, Edema Ruh said:

Refnet

“Let’s do that. We haven’t been here long enough for me to make a gateway, so that’s probably our best option.”

Refnet

Alright Saar. Go ahead.

The world around Insa and Rue rippled and faded to darkness. Then slowly things filled the darkness until it was gone, replaced by Tal'rin.

Tal'rin

Insa looked around. "Hello? Matra?"

@Shadowed (I don't remember who else is here...)

22 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Then the shadow passed over him, and his soul took on the purple tinge of Kaos.

Wait... what does that mean for Insa?

Sea Of Pure Light

Calano heard Bookwyrms voice say Keep going.

Then he felt Bookwyrms soul grow dark.

”No!” He shouted, faltering in his vortex.

He steadied himself, the process stalling.

”Creator.” He said, voice eerily calm.

”If I finish this, will I be able to save him? Will I be able to save them? And stop it?”

That depends. Is that what you wish to happen?

”Yes,” Calano said, “More than anything.”

Continue down the path. Concentrate on your Identity. Concentrate on your Intent.

Calano closed his eyes, concentrating, and felt a deep hum appear all around him. The vortex of light spun faster and faster, and the burning spread upward towards Calanos heart.

@The Bookwyrm

14 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Tal'rin

Tal’rin

“I’m going to go and see if I can spot Insa and Rue when they arrive.” Matra told the others, and tentatively stuck her head out of the trapdoor. Squinting, she could just make out two silhouetted figures on the horizon. Climbing out of the bunker and onto the surface, she waved madly to try and get their attention. “Insa, Rue! We’re over here!”

The others that are here are X, Platypus and Thaidakar.

@InfiniteInsanity @Edema Ruh

2 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

Tal’rin

“I’m going to go and see if I can spot Insa and Rue when they arrive.” Matra told the others, and tentatively stuck her head out of the trapdoor. Squinting, she could just make out two silhouetted figures on the horizon. Climbing out of the bunker and onto the surface, she waved madly to try and get their attention. “Insa, Rue! We’re over here!”

Rue nodded and started walking towards Matra. "Hey."

8 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

Tal’rin

5 minutes ago, Edema Ruh said:

Tal'rin

Insa smiled a little and started to walk over.

"Is there anyone else here?"

6 hours ago, Shadowed said:

Alright. We’re in Tal’rin - you know that ruined place that you, me and Bookwyrm were in a while back? The place with the Ember? We’re camped in an underground bunker, so you two can work on getting here and I’ll explain to X, Platypus and Thaidakar what’s going on. Stay safe.

Matra cut off the mental link and opened her eyes, turning to the others. “Insa and Rue are heading here. They should be able to help us go for the bind point, as well as update us on everything that’s happened.”

@xinoehp512 @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Being of Cacophony @InfiniteInsanity

X exhaled a sigh of relief.

2 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Refnet

Alright Saar. Go ahead.

The world around Insa and Rue rippled and faded to darkness. Then slowly things filled the darkness until it was gone, replaced by Tal'rin.

Tal'rin

2 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Tal'rin

"Hello!" called X, peeking up besides Matra.

10 hours ago, Shadowed said:

Alright. We’re in Tal’rin - you know that ruined place that you, me and Bookwyrm were in a while back? The place with the Ember? We’re camped in an underground bunker, so you two can work on getting here and I’ll explain to X, Platypus and Thaidakar what’s going on. Stay safe.

Matra cut off the mental link and opened her eyes, turning to the others. “Insa and Rue are heading here. They should be able to help us go for the bind point, as well as update us on everything that’s happened.”

@xinoehp512 @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Being of Cacophony @InfiniteInsanity

10 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"That's good. Is there anyone else we could get? Where'd the others go?"

7 hours ago, Shadowed said:

Tal’rin

7 hours ago, Edema Ruh said:

7 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Tal'rin

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

X exhaled a sigh of relief.

"Hello!" called X, peeking up besides Matra.

4 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Tal'rin

"I don't think I've met you before."

Tal'rin

Thaidakar nodded, he'd been absorbed in feeling his powers, he hadn't noticed them all talking. "I... What happened?" He tilted his head, smiling slightly. He felt it swirling through his mind, mocking him. He had to stop just letting time pass by... "Sorry, the powers... it's been interesting."

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Tal'rin

Thaidakar nodded, he'd been absorbed in feeling his powers, he hadn't noticed them all talking. "I... What happened?" He tilted his head, smiling slightly. He felt it swirling through his mind, mocking him. He had to stop just letting time pass by... "Sorry, the powers... it's been interesting."

Ah, you just gotta love in-world excuses for inactivity...

22 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Tal'rin

"Seems like some people got here. I'm not sure what's happening entirely."

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

"Seems like some people got here. I'm not sure what's happening entirely."

Thaidakar's eyes seemed to flash red briefly, but disappeared so soon that one would've thought it was never there, "Hmm... interesting." He pressed his watch absentmindedly, a small sphere of light erupting from it and swirling around in ever changing patterns. Thaid' took in a breath, focusing on the sphere. In and out, in and out... the power can't get him... it will never get him. Thaidakar shook himself on the inside, looking around again, "So... what all happened?"

14 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar's eyes seemed to flash red briefly, but disappeared so soon that one would've thought it was never there, "Hmm... interesting." He pressed his watch absentmindedly, a small sphere of light erupting from it and swirling around in ever changing patterns. Thaid' took in a breath, focusing on the sphere. In and out, in and out... the power can't get him... it will never get him. Thaidakar shook himself on the inside, looking around again, "So... what all happened?"

"A whole lot of talking about whether we should meet up or go for a bind point. We're still undecided."