Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

3 minutes ago, Edema Ruh said:

Tal’rin

“Sounds good to me,” Rue muttered. A moment later, a gateway opened vertically. “That goes to Earth. First place I could think of,” she added with a grimace. “If you want to live, go through now!”

"I'd like to change my answer. ANYWHERE BUT EARTH! They have weird ideas about Platypi there."

900 posts!!!!!!! and a new page!!!!!

Edited by Being of Cacophony

41 minutes ago, Edema Ruh said:

Tal’rin

“Sounds good to me,” Rue muttered. A moment later, a gateway opened vertically. “That goes to Earth. First place I could think of,” she added with a grimace. “If you want to live, go through now!”

38 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I'd like to change my answer. ANYWHERE BUT EARTH! They have weird ideas about Platypi there."

Tal'rin

"Too late. We can go other place from here. But this is our exit." Insa glanced at the storm bubble. The purple had darkened a decent amount. "I'd say we have 5 to 10 minutes before this collapses. I would go through the gateway if I were you." Insa turned and walked through the gateway.

1 hour ago, Edema Ruh said:

Tal’rin

I have an idea to introduce my character, but it needs that earth to be Reckoners earth, is that okay with you?

2 hours ago, Aetherbound said:

Uh...yeah I have no clue, sorry. I think that that might be okay? Maybe? I'd guess it's probably fine, but literally everyone else here knows what they're doing more than I do, so...maybe someone else should answer?

4 hours ago, Aetherbound said:

that should be fine, universes tend to blend together here

4 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Tal'rin

"Too late. We can go other place from here. But this is our exit." Insa glanced at the storm bubble. The purple had darkened a decent amount. "I'd say we have 5 to 10 minutes before this collapses. I would go through the gateway if I were you." Insa turned and walked through the gateway.

Tal'rin

"Fine. But as soon as we can leave, we're leaving, ok?"

Tal’rin

Without hesitation, Matra jumped straight through the gateway and landed on a strange green planet. She didn’t think she’d been here before, but was too rattled to care. “What in the storms was that?”

We love timezones and missing all the action :P 

@InfiniteInsanity @Edema Ruh @xinoehp512 @Being of Cacophony @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

9 hours ago, Shadowed said:

Tal’rin

Without hesitation, Matra jumped straight through the gateway and landed on a strange green planet. She didn’t think she’d been here before, but was too rattled to care. “What in the storms was that?”

@InfiniteInsanity @Edema Ruh @xinoehp512 @Being of Cacophony @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

So much. 

I guess we'll just assume that everyone went through the gateway?

"That," Rue said as she came through, "is just a...minion, for lack of a better word, of the thing we're trying to fight."

Edited by Edema Ruh

Tal’rin

"That," Rue said, "is just a...minion, for lack of a better word, of the thing we're trying to fight."

Thaidakar hasn't come through and you technically didn't either, Eddie :P 

On 4/25/2023 at 7:39 PM, Being of Cacophony said:

"A whole lot of talking about whether we should meet up or go for a bind point. We're still undecided." 

On 4/27/2023 at 7:23 AM, Edema Ruh said:

Tal'rin

"Well?" Rue asked, looking at the group. "Do we have a plan?"

@InfiniteInsanity @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Being of Cacophony @Shadowed @xinoehp512

On 4/27/2023 at 8:49 AM, InfiniteInsanity said:

Tal'rin

Insa shook her head. "I have no plan. But whatever the plan is, it's important for you all to know that Emma killed Wizard, and Bookwyrm is going to do who knows what and might end up corrupted. So next time we see him we need to be careful."

On 4/27/2023 at 9:00 AM, Being of Cacophony said:

Tal'rin

"WHAT?" Platypus stops his pacing. "WIZARD IS DEAD???"

On 4/27/2023 at 9:03 AM, InfiniteInsanity said:

Tal'rin

Insa nodded slowly.

On 4/27/2023 at 9:17 AM, Being of Cacophony said:

Tal'rin

"Excuse me for a minute. I'll be right back, just... stuff," Platypus says in a very obviously restrained voice.

After saying this he sits on the ground and closes his eyes.

22 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The ground behind Cacophony groaned, and a massive Kaos eater erupted from the ground. It stretched out of the ground and reared its head. Roaring it reveal a maw full of writhing tendrils of Kaos.

The (now dark) myterious forest

"No, I don't want to attack now. But can't you feel it?"

Emma gestured around at the air all around. "The Kaos is returning to it's full strength."

22 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Tal'rin

Insa's eyes widened. Saar? Please tell me that there is something I can do?

Make a storm bubble.

A what.

A storm bubble. It's pretty much a small storm cell but a bubble. Just do it.

Dark grey storm clouds formed around the group. Lightning flashed through the clouds keeping the Kaos eater from getting in.

After a few seconds the lighting started to change from yellow to purple.

What does that mean?

Once everything is all a deep purple it'll collapse. Good luck!

I hate you.

"That thing will break through in probably not too long. I don't know what to do after that."

@Being of Cacophony @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Edema Ruh @Shadowed @xinoehp512

21 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

@The Wandering Wizard

Tal'rin

Platypus continues to sit on the ground. Suddenly a high pitched shriek emanates in any unguarded mind. It strikes a chord of primal pain in any mind that it's in, the more chaotic the creature, the stronger. A pattern of cracks in the ground spreads from where Platypus is sitting, then as the shriek abruptly stops, the cracks re-seal and Platypus stands up without opening his eyes.

"Well, now that that's out of my system, what are we..." Platypus breaks off as he opens his eyes. "WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE FORGOTTEN KING IS THAT!!!!!!!!!?"

21 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Tal'rin

"It's.... a... storm bubble? Its temporarily keeping us safe from the giant things outside."

21 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

X's eyes widened. "We need to get out of here."

"I was talking about the GIANT FREAKING... THING!!!!!"

"Agreed. Very much agreed."

Tal'rin

"I don't know. Nor do I have access to a god thing who might have cause they always leave at the most inconvenient times. But yeah we need to get out of here. Can anyone make that happen?"

"Hold that thought, you have access to a god thing some of the time?"

Platypus turns to the beast outside the storm bubble.

"WOULD YOU BE QUIET, I'M TRYING TO HAVE A CONVERSATION?"

Tal'rin

Insa grimaced. "Well first of all we don't exactly get along most of the time. Second she disappears when I could use her the most! Like during death camps or real battles!"

20 hours ago, Edema Ruh said:

Tal’rin

“Oh light. Oh, light. I can make a gateway out of here, unless one of you fools wants to fight that. Where are we going?”

20 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Tal'rin

"Anywhere but here?"

20 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I like that answer!"

20 hours ago, Edema Ruh said:

Tal’rin

20 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

19 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Tal'rin

14 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Tal'rin

"Fine. But as soon as we can leave, we're leaving, ok?"

Tal’rin

2 hours ago, Edema Ruh said:

"That," Rue said as she came through, "is just a...minion, for lack of a better word, of the thing we're trying to fight."

Thaidakar swore loudly, grumbling about idiot plans and arcane powers making distractions. Thaid jumped through the gateway, finally, and said, "Well, that could've gone better. I mean, we didn't just randomly jump through a portal to earth because I forgot to be existing. Alright... I think I may have a way to contact others. I don't know why I didn't think of it before."

1 minute ago, Aetherbound said:

that's probably a good idea.

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar swore loudly, grumbling about idiot plans and arcane powers making distractions. Thaid jumped through the gateway, finally, and said, "Well, that could've gone better. I mean, we didn't just randomly jump through a portal to earth because I forgot to be existing. Alright... I think I may have a way to contact others. I don't know why I didn't think of it before."

"Ok. I don't so... I think we're good with it. Especially if you can contact Calano."

???

Bookwyrm drifted as his new soul stabilized. Or his old soul re-formed. Something.

The darkness tinted his worldview, his powers, his bonds...It was...unpleasant.

Or was it pleasant?

Hard to tell.

He was still within himself when he heard the call of Kaos. He moved to answer, but...

A burst of light.

The Creator.

A small piece of him rejoiced. He shoved that down. Kaos was his master now. And he would quench the Light that now threatened the new darkness.

The (now dark) Mysterious Forest

Bookwyrm appeared in front of Emma and Lark.

"Calano has Ascended," he said. "The Creator is back. What's our plan?"

@Nameless* @The Wandering Wizard

Underground Cavern

Calano sat, slowly regaining his ability to think clearly.

He should feel tired, he’d just been through the hardest thing in his life.

But he felt…

Content. At peace. Even joyful.

And then he remembered why he had gone on this journey to begin with.

And he stood up.

He snapped his fingers, and immediately appeared on Earth, in front of Thaidakar and the others.

“Hello, everyone.” He said, voice slightly layered because of the Light as his soul.

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Edema Ruh @xinoehp512 @Being of Cacophony @InfiniteInsanity

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Underground Cavern

But he felt…

And he stood up.

He snapped his fingers, and immediately appeared on Earth, in front of Thaidakar and the others.

“Hello, everyone.” He said, voice slightly layered because of the Light as his soul.

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Edema Ruh @xinoehp512 @Being of Cacophony @InfiniteInsanity

Thaidakar grinned, "Calano! Does this mean we're taking back the clinic soon?"

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar grinned, "Calano! Does this mean we're taking back the clinic soon?"

Earth

”Among other things, yes. Do you have news for me? I’ve been… predisposed.” Calano said, looking at his hands, which were softly glowing, visible even in the daylight. His whole body glowed.

5 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Underground Cavern

But he felt…

And he stood up.

Platypus jumped up and stumbled back. "C- Calano? Is it actually you? Do you have a plan? Is Wizard actually dead? What happened? Did the ecosystem from the Light survive?" Platypus asks rapidly.

Edited by Being of Cacophony

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Earth

”Among other things, yes. Do you have news for me? I’ve been… predisposed.” Calano said, looking at his hands, which were softly glowing, visible even in the daylight. His whole body glowed.

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus jumped up and stumbled back. "C- Calano? Is it actually you? Do you have a plan? Is Wizard actually dead? What happened? Did the ecosystem from the Light survive?" Platypus asks rapidly.

"It is time, then..." Thaidakar almost laughed. "It's almost over."

6 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Underground Cavern

But he felt…

And he stood up.

Earth

Rue stepped back suspiciously. "Hi."

Earth

”Calano? What… what happened?” She laughed a little as she noticed wisps of Light curling off his skin - not making fun of him, but purely because she was so strained that anything that offered relief was welcome. “It’s like you’re a storming god now, or something.”

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"It is time, then..." Thaidakar almost laughed. "It's almost over."

Earth

Rue stepped back suspiciously. "Hi."

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Since you're here, can we leave Earth now? I don't like it here, they think platypi are mindless. Pretty much anywhere is better than here. Plus if anyone sees us, it'll be bad."

1 hour ago, Shadowed said:

Earth

”Calano? What… what happened?” She laughed a little as she noticed wisps of Light curling off his skin - not making fun of him, but purely because she was so strained that anything that offered relief was welcome. “It’s like you’re a storming god now, or something.”

Calano raised his hands. “Slow down, slow down.”

He turned to Platypus: “Yes, Wizard is dead. I am sorry. I… don’t have a plan right now, that’s sort of why I came here.”

He turned to Thaidakar and Rue, waving a hand in hello at Rue. “Yes,” He said to Thaidakar, “I wield the Pure Light. I am the Creator. It is almost over, we have just one chance to defeat the Kaos forever.”

He turned to (character name of Being of Cacophony), and said, “Yes, we leave soon. Who else is here with you? We must assemble a force, as Kaos has surely chosen a new host now that Emma is dead.”

Finally, he turned to Matra. “Matra, old friend,” He said, “I’ve ascended, I am essentially a god, yes. I’ve woke the personification and embodiment of the Light, of life and creation.”

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

He turned to Platypus: “Yes, Wizard is dead. I am sorry. I… don’t have a plan right now, that’s sort of why I came here.”

He turned to Thaidakar and Rue, waving a hand in hello at Rue. “Yes,” He said to Thaidakar, “I wield the Pure Light. I am the Creator. It is almost over, we have just one chance to defeat the Kaos forever.”

He turned to (character name of Being of Cacophony), and said, “Yes, we leave soon. Who else is here with you? We must assemble a force, as Kaos has surely chosen a new host now that Emma is dead.”

Finally, he turned to Matra. “Matra, old friend,” He said, “I’ve ascended, I am essentially a god, yes. I’ve woke the personification and embodiment of the Light, of life and creation.”

Thaidakar smiled sadly, "The Creator... you always aimed high, friend." Thaidakar checked his watch. "Almost time."

7 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

7 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar smiled sadly, "The Creator... you always aimed high, friend." Thaidakar checked his watch. "Almost time."

maybe I should change my name back to something with Platypus in it. Or stop switching between naming and not naming my characters in posts. Platypus is my only character, I just switched naming to not naming for some reason

"Our group here is Matra, Thaid, X, Rue, Insa, you, and me, unless I'm forgetting someone. Does anyone know where Nameless is? Rue? You were with him most recently to my knowledge. Wait, Emma is dead? Someone we fought at the clinic claimed to be her, but someone also claimed to be Wizard while we were there so..."

Platypus summoned his Blades.

"Either way, my Blades are yours, my liege," Platypus says to Calano, kneeling, swords thrust into the ground. "Your wish is my command."

Calano raised his hands, embarrassed.

”Please,” He said, “There’s no need for that. Dramatics only ever worked for me while… while Emma was alive. Fight by my side, that’s all I need.”

He turned to Thaidakar. “What’d you expect from me? Not any less, I hope.”

“What’s your current plan?” He asked everyone.

13 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano raised his hands, embarrassed.

”Please,” He said, “There’s no need for that. Dramatics only ever worked for me while… while Emma was alive. Fight by my side, that’s all I need.”

He turned to Thaidakar. “What’d you expect from me? Not any less, I hope.”

“What’s your current plan?” He asked everyone.

"Not less, not less. I expected something grand, and that is what it was." Thaidakar smiled softly. 

"The plan was to contact some people, I think."