Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

4 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Earth

"Well, I don't think that Calano is going to want to fight Kaos and all it's minions, so I think it's our job to keep those occupied." Platypus turned to the rest of the group. "Do any of you have weapons that could help? I'm trying to get all this working as much as possible before waking Thaidakar and getting his input."

Earth

Insa walked back over.

"I have all the storm stuff. And when it comes to Bookwyrm I have an... obligation to bring him back. The same way he brought me back."

Holy fridges I leave for a couple hours and there's two new pages :P

26 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Earth

Insa stood up. She looked at Rue.

"Maybe I can do this. Is there any plan so far?"

@Edema Ruh

Earth

Rue gave her a small smile, cringing inwardly. Fool. You aren't helping her. You haven't done anything to help her this whole time. "We need to distract the forces of Kaos, I believe."

12 minutes ago, Edema Ruh said:

Earth

Rue gave her a small smile, cringing inwardly. Fool. You aren't helping her. You haven't done anything to help her this whole time. "We need to distract the forces of Kaos, I believe."

Earth

Insa smiled back. "Thanks for noticing something was wrong. If we want to distract Kaos' forces wouldn't the best way be to cause planned chaos?"

8 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm nodded.

"Though I hardly dare admit it."

"What are you going to do about it?" TAAron seemed interested, though perhaps also somewhat threatening given he was holding two daggers.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist
im so tired

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What are you going to do about it?" TAAron seemed interested, so perhaps also somewhat threatening given he was holding two daggers.

"Wait. Keep moving. That's all I can do, isn't it...pushed forwards through time, taking each moment as it comes..."

He sighed. "It'll all end somehow."

@Nameless*

When are we heading out?

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

"Wait. Keep moving. That's all I can do, isn't it...pushed forwards through time, taking each moment as it comes..."

He sighed. "It'll all end somehow."

@Nameless*

"I... don't know how I want it to end. Well, I do. I want Kaos to win, of course. But I just can't understand why I was fighting. I would dismiss it, but I just... can't."

2 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Earth

"Well, I don't think that Calano is going to want to fight Kaos and all it's minions, so I think it's our job to keep those occupied." Platypus turned to the rest of the group. "Do any of you have weapons that could help? I'm trying to get all this working as much as possible before waking Thaidakar and getting his input."

Earth

Nameless waved his staff vaguely. "I don't see how minions would make a difference. They're either made of Kaos, powered by Kaos, or controlled by Kaos. And it's not like any of us can do anything. Calano's the only one who can permanently do anything against the forces of Kaos."

The (Now Dark) mysterious forest

Lark frowned at Bookwyrm and TAAron. "Sounds like some part of you still struggles against Kaos. It can happen, when people are forcibly turned."

@The Aspiring Archivist @The Bookwyrm

Edited by Nameless*

9 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Earth

Nameless waved his staff vaguely. "I don't see how minions would make a difference. They're either made of Kaos, powered by Kaos, or controlled by Kaos. And it's not like any of us can do anything. Calano's the only one who can permanently do anything against the forces of Kaos."

Lark frowned at Bookwyrm and TAAron. "Sounds like some part of you still struggles against Kaos. It can happen, when people are forcibly turned."

"I guess so..." TAAron sighed. "Can we just go?"

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma reached for Calano and slapped him across the face.

"It is me," whispered a stung Emma. "It is me."

Gently she rested her hand on where she slapped him. "I wish you'd come back to me. I miss you, Calanie. I really do."

@CalanoCorvus

Calano looked back down at Emma.

He looked in her eyes.

They said that eyes were a pathway to the soul, and Calano had looked into Emma’s eyes many, many times.

If anything would say that this being in front of him was Emma, it would be the eyes.

And when he looked into her eyes, he saw just that.

Emma. His wife.

”Emma,” He whispered, “It is you.”

And his heart broke.

13 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano looked back down at Emma.

He looked in her eyes.

They said that eyes were a pathway to the soul, and Calano had looked into Emma’s eyes many, many times.

If anything would say that this being in front of him was Emma, it would be the eyes.

And when he looked into her eyes, he saw just that.

Emma. His wife.

”Emma,” He whispered, “It is you.”

And his heart broke.

Emma wrapped her arms around Calano and pressed her head against his.

"Please, please come with me."

Tears began to roll down her cheeks, true tears as she gazed at Calano and the pain of losing him hit all over again.

"Please come with me. I can't lose you again and if you don't come, I-I can't stop the power. The light in me would be completely gone if I had to do that. Please, just come with me. The Kaos isn't that bad. It cares for it's own. Please."

2 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Earth

Earth

"They'll make a difference. In a battle between gods, the one that is less constantly bothered by the opposing god's minions will usually win. He can do things permanently, but we can stop them from attacking him and harass Kaos."

4 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Earth

"They'll make a difference. In a battle between gods, the one that is less constantly bothered by the opposing god's minions will usually win. He can do things permanently, but we can stop them from attacking him and harass Kaos."

Earth

"And sometimes Kaos gives the 'minions' important tasks. Besides they're our friends. We have to look out for them even if they don't want us too. By keeping them occupied we can make sure they aren't doing things they'll regret too much."

@Nameless*

Edited by InfiniteInsanity

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma wrapped her arms around Calano and pressed her head against his.

"Please, please come with me."

Tears began to roll down her cheeks, true tears as she gazed at Calano and the pain of losing him hit all over again.

"Please come with me. I can't lose you again and if you don't come, I-I can't stop the power. The light in me would be completely gone if I had to do that. Please, just come with me. The Kaos isn't that bad. It cares for it's own. Please."

“Emma,” Calano said, pulling her close and cupping her cheek, ”I’m sorry. I belong to the Light. I’ve fused my Intent with that of the Light. We are one and the same. I can save you from the Kaos, and show you the Light. Just hold on a bit longer.”

Calano paused.

”I thought you were dead,” He said, heartbroken, “It… broke me, what I did, and I’m so tired. Please, resist the Kaos, let me lead you back to the Light.”

”Come home,” He said, looking into her eyes, “Let me help you come home to me. We can run away, leave everything behind. It’ll just be me and you. Please, Emma, this isn’t right, what you’re doing; it’s manipulation, control. The Light let’s you make your own choices.”

Calano began to cry quietly.

”I miss you,” He said, “I miss my wife. I miss your smile and your love and your laughter.”

10 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

“Emma,” Calano said, pulling her close and cupping her cheek, ”I’m sorry. I belong to the Light. I’ve fused my Intent with that of the Light. We are one and the same. I can save you from the Kaos, and show you the Light. Just hold on a bit longer.”

Calano paused.

”I thought you were dead,” He said, heartbroken, “It… broke me, what I did, and I’m so tired. Please, resist the Kaos, let me lead you back to the Light.”

”Come home,” He said, looking into her eyes, “Let me help you come home to me. We can run away, leave everything behind. It’ll just be me and you. Please, Emma, this isn’t right, what you’re doing; it’s manipulation, control. The Light let’s you make your own choices.”

Calano began to cry quietly.

”I miss you,” He said, “I miss my wife. I miss your smile and your love and your laughter.”

"The Kaos is right though," whispered Emma. "It could stop all of what is wrong in the world. It could stop all the pain from the choices of others who use their ability to choose to hurt."

She looked up into his eyes, "Wouldn't it be right to take their choices to harm others? Wouldn't it save so many lives? I'm sorry, but she was right and it's now what I must carry. I'm sorry dear Husband. I'm sorry."

22 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"The Kaos is right though," whispered Emma. "It could stop all of what is wrong in the world. It could stop all the pain from the choices of others who use their ability to choose to hurt."

She looked up into his eyes, "Wouldn't it be right to take their choices to harm others? Wouldn't it save so many lives? I'm sorry, but she was right and it's now what I must carry. I'm sorry dear Husband. I'm sorry."

“Emma,” Calano said, “It was always your choice. It always is. Nothing it says can make your choice for you. Yes, there are people and beings that choose to hurt…”

Calano looked down, at his wife.

”But there are also those,” He said, “Who choose to heal. The way of existence is life and death, harming and healing, light and dark. You have to take the sour with the sweet. Yes, the Kaos would take away the choice of people to hurt other people… but it would also take away people’s choices to help, to heal, and to be human. Emotion would not exist. Sympathy, empathy, gone. Order would reign supreme, but feelings would be scarce.”

Calano looked Emma in the eyes.

”Is that really a future you want?” He asked quietly.

18 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

“Emma,” Calano said, “It was always your choice. It always is. Nothing it says can make your choice for you. Yes, there are people and beings that choose to hurt…”

Calano looked down, at his wife.

”But there are also those,” He said, “Who choose to heal. The way of existence is life and death, harming and healing, light and dark. You have to take the sour with the sweet. Yes, the Kaos would take away the choice of people to hurt other people… but it would also take away people’s choices to help, to heal, and to be human. Emotion would not exist. Sympathy, empathy, gone. Order would reign supreme, but feelings would be scarce.”

Calano looked Emma in the eyes.

”Is that really a future you want?” He asked quietly.

Emma looked away avoiding his eyes.

"It's the only way," she whispered. "It truly is the only way."

Slowly she began to disappear as the realm began to fade, her last words echoing around, "It's the only way."

51 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma looked away avoiding his eyes.

"It's the only way," she whispered. "It truly is the only way."

Slowly she began to disappear as the realm began to fade, her last words echoing around, "It's the only way."

Calano watched as she faded away.

”I will free you,” He said as she finally vanished.

He began to glow himself, reappearing in front of everyone else on earth.

”I’ve spoken with Kaos. With… Emma,” He said, “She is completely under its control. Leave her to me, the rest of you must free Layra, Bookwyrm, Lark, and whoever else you can.”

He looked around at everyone.

“What have you guys discussed?”

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Earth

Insa muttered something under her breath and then spoke so they could hear her. "I've been given instructions to get Bookwyrm back the same way he did for me. Other than that I have no idea."

Calano pinched the bridge of his nose.

Despite being a literal god, he felt lost.

Very lost.

”Do we know where they are? Or like a general area?” Calano asked, and his body began to glow a bit brighter as he searched through realms mentally, looking for Kaos signatures.

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Very lost.

”Do we know where they are? Or like a general area?” Calano asked, and his body began to glow a bit brighter as he searched through realms mentally, looking for Kaos signatures.

Earth

Insa shook her head. "I'm sorry Calano. I haven't been thinking straight for a while. I would have done a lot of this if I had been. Probably."

33 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano watched as she faded away.

”I will free you,” He said as she finally vanished.

He began to glow himself, reappearing in front of everyone else on earth.

”I’ve spoken with Kaos. With… Emma,” He said, “She is completely under its control. Leave her to me, the rest of you must free Layra, Bookwyrm, Lark, and whoever else you can.”

He looked around at everyone.

30 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Earth

Insa muttered something under her breath and then spoke so they could hear her. "I've been given instructions to get Bookwyrm back the same way he did for me. Other than that I have no idea."

14 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Very lost.

9 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Earth

Insa shook her head. "I'm sorry Calano. I haven't been thinking straight for a while. I would have done a lot of this if I had been. Probably."

Earth

"We've talked mostly about how we need to keep Bookwyrm, Layra, TAAron, and the others from bothering you while you fight Kaos." Platypus gestures to the rest of the group. "We don't know if we can eve do anything to them to stop them. We can't hurt them too severely, we can't kill them. They can do all of that to us. Do you have any suggestions for that?"

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

Earth

"We've talked mostly about how we need to keep Bookwyrm, Layra, TAAron, and the others from bothering you while you fight Kaos." Platypus gestures to the rest of the group. "We don't know if we can eve do anything to them to stop them. We can't hurt them too severely, we can't kill them. They can do all of that to us. Do you have any suggestions for that?"

Earth

Insa looked at Platypus. "I just said I could stop Bookwyrm and bring him to our side. Layra isn't a problem. It'll just be Lark and TAAron."