Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

1 minute ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Earth

Insa looked at Platypus. "I just said I could stop Bookwyrm and bring him to our side. Layra isn't a problem. It'll just be Lark and TAAron."

Earth

"Are you sure Layra isn't a problem? Even if you're right, Lark and TAAron are dangerous enough, and they'll likely have more corrupted beings on their side. Is it time to awaken Thaidakar?"

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Earth

"Are you sure Layra isn't a problem? Even if you're right, Lark and TAAron are dangerous enough, and they'll likely have more corrupted beings on their side. Is it time to awaken Thaidakar?"

Earth

"Yes! I'm sure! She's in the dreamscape. She was given a physical body and killed herself! So now I don't know but she's not a physical threat. I'm pretty sure if Layra could have been used I wouldn't have been used as the figurehead for Kaos. Lark, TAAron, and Bookwyrm won't kill unless they have to. Their first priority is to corrupt. We still matter to them." 

1 minute ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Earth

"Yes! I'm sure! She's in the dreamscape. She was given a physical body and killed herself! So now I don't know but she's not a physical threat. I'm pretty sure if Layra could have been used I wouldn't have been used as the figurehead for Kaos. Lark, TAAron, and Bookwyrm won't kill unless they have to. Their first priority is to corrupt. We still matter to them." 

Earth

"Ok. They won't want to kill, but if Kaos orders them to, they probably won't have a choice. It doesn't matter how much they care about us, if they are told to kill us, they will kill us. And this still doesn't solve the problem of Kaos doing things like the tigers at the clinic. We need a way to beat those."

4 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

“What mental weaknesses do we know of with TAAron and Lark?” Calano asked, still searching realm after realm.

Earth

Insa looked down. "Bringing up... Haly would probably have an effect on TAAron. And Lark I have no idea. Calano have you tried looking where... where Emma killed Wizard? I'm pretty sure that's where Bookwyrm went."

13 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Earth

Insa looked down. "Bringing up... Haly would probably have an effect on TAAron. And Lark I have no idea. Calano have you tried looking where... where Emma killed Wizard? I'm pretty sure that's where Bookwyrm went."

Calano paused.

Then closed his eyes, bracing himself to return there, even if in mind.

And then he delved into that realm.

And sensed Kaos. But also, yes, all the Corrupted were there.

He opened his eyes.

”There you are.” He said.

“Everyone,” He said, “I’ve found them. Prepare. Soon, we fight.”

Calano began to glow, his hair and lab coat fluttering softly.

He looked.. godly. Deadly.

The Wrath of a God, even one of Light, would be swift, sure, and sharp.

Calano had lost everything, and gained everything, all his life.

Now it was time to balance everything.

Dark Mysterious Forest

Bookwyrm felt the attention of a god fall upon them.

"He's found us."

He summoned his sword of many forms, it's blue metal glinting with a dark purple energy. He extended his mind and took hold of the space and time around him, preparing to use it as a weapon. Kaos energy filled him, fueling his other forms of magic.

"Get ready."

@Nameless* @The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Dark Mysterious Forest

Bookwyrm felt the attention of a god fall upon them.

"He's found us."

He summoned his sword of many forms, it's blue metal glinting with a dark purple energy. He extended his mind and took hold of the space and time around him, preparing to use it as a weapon. Kaos energy filled him, fueling his other forms of magic.

"Get ready."

@Nameless* @The Aspiring Archivist

"What? Who?" TAAron began to burn his metals.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What? Who?" TAAron began to burn his metals.

Emma reappeared in the dark forest, the darkness glittering around her, and a dangerous light in her eyes.

"Calano, he's ascended and they are coming here. I'll summon the trap once they get close."

A hardness entered her voice, "they wouldn't join with us, so they must die. Corrupt who you can, but it might be impossible to corrupt others. They will try to turn you from my embrace of Kaos, don't let them. They will try to trick you, don't listen to them."

@The Bookwyrm @CalanoCorvus @The Aspiring Archivist

7 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano paused.

Then closed his eyes, bracing himself to return there, even if in mind.

And then he delved into that realm.

And sensed Kaos. But also, yes, all the Corrupted were there.

He opened his eyes.

”There you are.” He said.

“Everyone,” He said, “I’ve found them. Prepare. Soon, we fight.”

Calano began to glow, his hair and lab coat fluttering softly.

He looked.. godly. Deadly.

The Wrath of a God, even one of Light, would be swift, sure, and sharp.

Calano had lost everything, and gained everything, all his life.

Now it was time to balance everything.

Earth

Insa's eyes widened.

"I don't trust myself with sharp things right now. I'll just use the storms."

Oh come on. Just use the swords.

Absolutely not. I'll just... I can't.

"I'm ready whenever."

2 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma reappeared in the dark forest, the darkness glittering around her, and a dangerous light in her eyes.

"Calano, he's ascended and they are coming here. I'll summon the trap once they get close."

A hardness entered her voice, "they wouldn't join with us, so they must die. Corrupt who you can, but it might be impossible to corrupt others. They will try to turn you from my embrace of Kaos, don't let them. They will try to trick you, don't listen to them."

@The Bookwyrm @CalanoCorvus @The Aspiring Archivist

"Understood." TAAron was compelled to obey, but he felt uncertain. "So we wait?"

Earth/Thaidakar's Mind

Thaidakar reached in his own mind for the connection to the Void Outside. He touched it, tugging on the connection. Thaidakar's body to everyone else would blur more. Thaidakar tightened his grip on the connection, reaching out through it to the Void Outside, attempting to manifest his cognitive aspect in the Void Outside. He concentrated, reaching with his entire being. Finally, he managed to get to the Void Outside through the connection.

The Void Outside

In the Void Outside, all was dark. Well, all except for the occasional flicker of power. Oh, and the traveling specks. Also the faint places where one could travel from the Void to the other realms. But, besides those, the Void Outside was completely dark, its only denizens being Soulless and whatever poor person happened to stumble in. There was a quick red flash and a vapory version of Thaidakar appeared in the Void outside.

As soon as he appeared, the attention of at least ten Soulless were on him. Thaidakar made the proper greeting, "I, Soulless Thaidakar, have returned from the inside. I greet you, Soulless of the Void Outside. May the Void grant you protection and give you rest in drifting." 

Ten voices repeated it. The voices varied, but they all had the familiar rhythm of the soulless. Ten forms seemed to shape nearby, of many different species and races. One of them, a sort of snakelike creature, said in an ancient voice, "You have returned to us, Soulless Thaidakar. After all these years... You-"

Another Soulless cut the Snakelike Soulless off. Thaidakar turned, looking at the tall Soulless. She said, "What do you want, Soul-lover. Thaidakar, you never come unless you need something of us. What do you want of us?"

"Hasty," said the Ancient Soulless. "It is not our way to be hasty."

"No, you mean it is not your way to be hasty, Soulless Quwan," said another Soulless. "Others among us are very different. You are only one of the Drifting among many." Drifting was another word they used for themselves.

"Kaos has come." Thaidakar said quietly. The words seemed to echo around them. "Calano, the Creator, needs help to take back the Insanity Clinic."

Silence permeated the group of Soulless, more of them forming nearby to listen better. Finally, the soulless that had cut off Quwan said, "Why should we help the Insanity Clinic. Besides, how do we really know that this Calano is the Creator."

"Let me show you," Thaidakar tapped the ethereal representation of his watch on his wrist. A buzzing came from the gadget, until an image seemed to fly from it, floating direct above Thaidakar. It showed Calano, filled with power, talking to Thaidakar. "The Creator has returned, you Soulless."

Quwan mused, "I see... The Creator calls us..."

"Will you join us?" Thaidakar asked. "It could greatly benefit-"

"It will?" one of them asked. "Tell me, Thaidakar, what reason do we have to help the Creator, much less the Clinic Realm."

"Calano will let us have a more permanent residence in the Clinic," Thaidakar said confidently. Or, Thaidakar would convince Calano do do that.

"What about the other realms, Soulless Thaidakar," asked another Soulless that Thaidakar had seen once or twice around the Void Outside in years long past.

"The Clinic will be a start," Thaidakar said. "With the Creator to help us, we can build more!"

The Soulless mused on that. Finally, one spoke up. "I will join you. I will help the Creator."

And then another said it. 

And another.

And another.

Six of the Soulless, not including Quwan, had joined. Thaidakar listed off their names in his head. Salan, Viren, Katan, Evl, Xaxius and Aelfar.

Excellent!

"And the rest of you won't join?" Thaidakar asked. "Things could be exceedingly better for us with the Creator's help."

"No," Quwan shook his head. "I will not join in the fight."

"I will stay behind," interrupted Salan, one of the Soulless who had joined Thaidakar, "I will spread the word to the other Drifting."

Thaidakar nodded, "Good!"

"Where shall we meet?" asked Aelfar, a brash Soulless, but a good help.

"Earth," said Thaidakar. "Salan, send all the Soulless who agree to Earth. I'll contact you if that need be changed." Salan nodded.

The other Soulless left swiftly and Thaidakar nodded. "The rest of you, besides Salan, come to Earth as soon as possible."

They nodded, "Good. But, remember Thaidakar, you are not our leader."

"Yes. I know and accept that. May the Void Outside grant you rest."

They repeated the last one.

And... Thaidakar began to wake up.

Btw, I hope y'all are alright with me just making a bunch of Soulless lore here.

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood

11 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Six of the Soulless, not including Quwan, had joined. Thaidakar listed off their names in his head. Salan, Viren, Katan, Evl and Aelfar.

um... I don't know if this is intentional, but that's only five Soulless

12 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

“Thaidakar!” Calano said, and put a hand on his shoulder, “Aristotle’s second toe on the right. Wake up, old friend.”

”It’s time.”

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Thaidakar burst awake, his form becoming solid again, "Calano, thank you. There are five Soulless who will join us initially, a few more should come, one more guaranteed." Thaidakar stood up, pacing around. "The war is beginning... have any of you come up with a plan?" Thaidakar asked the group. "The Soulless will be a great asset, however they are not a guaranteed win on our part. Calano being the Creator is fantastic to our chances of winning. Calano, do you think you can make a bunch of troops using your Creator powers?" Thaidakar asked.

2 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

I swear I said five.

I'll add on one.

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar burst awake, his form becoming solid again, "Calano, thank you. There are five Soulless who will join us initially, a few more should come, one more guaranteed." Thaidakar stood up, pacing around. "The war is beginning... have any of you come up with a plan?" Thaidakar asked the group. "The Soulless will be a great asset, however they are not a guaranteed win on our part. Calano being the Creator is fantastic to our chances of winning. Calano, do you think you can make a bunch of troops using your Creator powers?" Thaidakar asked.

Calano considered.

”I’d need a medium,” He said, “My power only extends so far.”

He looked around, wondering what would suffice to form troops to fight literal darkness.

“I could use rocks and moss..” He said, “Create hardy soldiers that can take and dish a hit.”

22 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron nodded. "What can I do?"

Emma smiled, "feel the metal deep in the earth and call it towards the surface. Not all the way up, but just lurking underneath for you to thrust the spikes and chunks into them. The kaos will amplify your powers to make such things light and easy. You won't even need metals to do it when running off of kaos."

She strode off, heading towards Bookwrym and Lark. Their orders rolled off her quicksliver tongue. "Bookwyrm. Lark. I'm going to need both of you to be on the look out for any gods that try to come, except for Calano. I'll deal with him. But I need you to to neutralize any gods that you were once connected to or can sense, once they enter this realm."

Emma turned away from them and left for the center of the small clearing they were in and began to focus her power. The taint of the kaos dripped off her and seeped into the blood of the earth. Ripping it away, casting the chunks into piles around the clearing, creating a barracade around the clearing.

@Nameless* @The Bookwyrm @The Aspiring Archivist

10 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma smiled, "feel the metal deep in the earth and call it towards the surface. Not all the way up, but just lurking underneath for you to thrust the spikes and chunks into them. The kaos will amplify your powers to make such things light and easy. You won't even need metals to do it when running off of kaos."

She strode off, heading towards Bookwrym and Lark. Their orders rolled off her quicksliver tongue. "Bookwyrm. Lark. I'm going to need both of you to be on the look out for any gods that try to come, except for Calano. I'll deal with him. But I need you to to neutralize any gods that you were once connected to or can sense, once they enter this realm."

Emma turned away from them and left for the center of the small clearing they were in and began to focus her power. The taint of the kaos dripped off her and seeped into the blood of the earth. Ripping it away, casting the chunks into piles around the clearing, creating a barracade around the clearing.

@Nameless* @The Bookwyrm @The Aspiring Archivist

"Okay." TAAron began Pulling on traces of metal, bracing himself with pewter against the magnitude of the force. After a moment, he stopped, and addressed Emma. "What would I do if a god was... kind of... a part of me?"

"Okay." TAAron began Pulling on traces of metal, bracing himself with pewter against the magnitude of the force. After a moment, he stopped, and addressed Emma. "What would I do if a god was... kind of... a part of me?"

Emma turned to him, eyes a solid onyx purple. "Is this god corrupted?"

"Well, they're both dead. But sometimes... there are voices..."

Emma chuckled, "we all hear voices. If you hear them, know they'll just get you killed. Mine try to do that to me all the time. Once upon a time, they would have succeded." 

She looked down at her hand and clenched it into a fist, the earth above her head slamming together, "Now the voices will never succed. The Kaos is all, remember that. It can protect you, while the voices just bring pain and death."

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma chuckled, "we all hear voices. If you hear them, know they'll just get you killed. Mine try to do that to me all the time. Once upon a time, they would have succeded." 

She looked down at her hand and clenched it into a fist, the earth above her head slamming together, "Now the voices will never succed. The Kaos is all, remember that. It can protect you, while the voices just bring pain and death."

"The voices don't hurt me. They just-"

He cut off. He heard whispers... there it was, for the first time since being pulled into this forest. The words were different now. This fight might be your only chance. Break free. Escape the Kaos. It was urgent, even frightened.