Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

37 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Refnet

Insa watched Bookwyrm disappear trying to process what he had said and everything that was happening.

She turned to Rue shaking her head. "I can't do this."

@Edema Ruh

Refnet

"I..." Rue started. What was she supposed to say to that? She'd never been any good at this sort of thing. "I know. But we have to try anyway, because if we don't do it, no one will." 

2 hours ago, Edema Ruh said:

Refnet

"I..." Rue started. What was she supposed to say to that? She'd never been any good at this sort of thing. "I know. But we have to try anyway, because if we don't do it, no one will." 

Refnet

"I... but.... I... need..." Insa took a deep breath. "I can't yet. I need a second." She bit her lip trying not to cry. "You go and get started I'll come in a second."

5 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Refnet

"I... but.... I... need..." Insa took a deep breath. "I can't yet. I need a second." She bit her lip trying not to cry. "You go and get started I'll come in a second."

Refnet

Rue hesitated, knowing that leaving Insa alone right now probably wasn’t a good idea. And yet…You can’t help her. You can’t help anyone, not really. You’ve never been able to. “All right. I’ll wait for you at the bottom.” Rue started herding the patients into the hole, until she was the only one left. She nodded at Insa, then jumped.

Refnet

Once Rue left Insa let herself cry. For everything she had lost. Two families.

I thought I had a family. Then they all died. I found my real family by accident. Then Wizard dies and Emma is gone. Was there anything you could have done?

What do you mean?

Could you have saved any of them?

Don't think so. Now come on you have things to do. Get up get going you have to move on.

I don't want to. I don't think I can.

But you have to. You have no choice. You have to finish all this stuff. I have things for you to do once this is done.

I. Can't.

Yes. You. Can. And you will. Your friend is gonna want your help.

Fine.

Insa got up and walked slowly over to the hole and then jumped.

@Edema Ruh

56 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Refnet

Once Rue left Insa let herself cry. For everything she had lost. Two families.

I thought I had a family. Then they all died. I found my real family by accident. Then Wizard dies and Emma is gone. Was there anything you could have done?

What do you mean?

Could you have saved any of them?

Don't think so. Now come on you have things to do. Get up get going you have to move on.

I don't want to. I don't think I can.

But you have to. You have no choice. You have to finish all this stuff. I have things for you to do once this is done.

I. Can't.

Yes. You. Can. And you will. Your friend is gonna want your help.

Fine.

Insa got up and walked slowly over to the hole and then jumped.

@Edema Ruh

Refnet

Rue gave Insa a sad smile that didn't reach her eyes. "I'm not really sure what we do now."

The Islands: The Sanctuary

Telrao sat upon a stone pedestal, surveying the survivors that wandered under the tall trees. Bright sunlight punched through the green canopy, warming her fur. She stretched and stood, padding over to where the Second waited beside a gushing fountain. The Third sat next to him in human form, looking grumpy, and the Fourth, Fifth and Sixth stared at the humans with wide eyes.

"Telrao." The Fourth said, her fur bristling. "What is the meaning of this?" The others, except for the Second, all looked irate.

Telrao regarded them with calm eyes. "I was given permission by the First. The Second knows - he heard as well."

The Third cut her off with a sharp gesture. "Never, I repeat, never has a human placed a foot upon the Islands. And now? Look at them!"

Telrao turned and surveyed the dozens of humans she'd saved. She felt a pang of sadness - she hadn't been able to find Ryn and Hal. The humans walked with wide eyes, some nursing injuries, others being Healed by a few other Therapy Cats.

The Second growled at the Third. "The First told us to save them! The reason our order exists is to help the humans!"

The Fourth's ears flattened against her head as a human stepped past, holding a broken arm and staring at the sky with glassy eyes. "This is a holy place." She murmured, tail flicking. "They taint it and make it more vulnerable to Kaos. You," She glared at Telrao. "Have endangered the Islands and the Order by bringing them here!"

It was my choice, a soft voice said. And this is my realm, Fourth. Do not forget who you serve.

"Y-yes, First." The Fourth stuttered, bowing before the feline-shaped ball of light that appeared in the air between them. A warmth flushed through Telrao, and the Second murmured something as he and the others bowed. Telrao blinked, and suddenly she was surrounded by light.

She felt her irises narrow to slits as she floated, suspended in the glorious, warm light. She sensed a presence behind her and turned slowly. A being, somehow brighter than the light around her, hovered there.

You have done well, my daughter, the First said, purring.

"Thank you, First." Telrao replied, bowing awkwardly. She sighed happily when her paws finally met something solid. She lingered in the approving warmth, then opened her mouth. "First?" The deity landed beside her, form shifting until it revealed a petite Burmese with pure white fur and bright golden eyes.

Yes, my daughter?

Telrao gulped. "Does... does this mean-?" But the First was already shaking her head.

No, my daughter. You cannot return to the Order. You have broken the Oaths.

"But-"

You are reserved for another purpose. A higher purpose. The First smiled. I am proud of you, my Daughter. Very proud.

"I don't understand..." Telrao whispered, her legs folding under her. "What do you-" Suddenly, she felt something go out of her. A hammering loss that shook her to her core. A sudden hollowness that set her ears back. "No."

The First purred comfortingly. Your new calling is something beyond what I can provide for you.

"But- but this means that... no!"

The loss is deep, I know. The First's eyes glistened with tears. I feel it too, my daughter. But you must go to serve this purpose.

"But this means Wizard is DEAD!" She howled, jolting to her feet. The light began to fade all around her, fuzzing in and out of focus. "No! nononono!"

Go with Peace, my Daughter. Walk in the Light always.

For a moment she was back in the Sanctuary, and the Second was staring at her with wide eyes. He reached for her with a paw. "Telrao, wait!" Then he and the Sanctuary were gone, replaced by darkness. And Light.

@The Wandering Wizard

Mysterious Forest Path

Calano couldn’t breathe. He sprinted forwards, every step amplifying his fear of this dark forest. 

He tripped on a weed, and fell to the ground, sliding to a stop.

”Ow..” He groaned, “Ow…”

He lay there for a moment, encompassed by fear, anxiety, and a hollow emptiness where his brother once was.

Wizard… how…

He lay for a moment, then felt a powerful presence enter this realm.

He looked up.

”Bookwyrm?” He whispered.

What was Bookwyrm doing here? And where was he?

On 4/15/2023 at 5:22 PM, Being of Cacophony said:

"Unfortunately, that's what I'm thinking too. I won't be able to do much, I might pass out in combat like I did earlier. And just Thaidakar, Matra, and you, I don't think we can defend one from all the forces of Kaos. With me our odds go up about 1%. Maybe. So did anyone catch where the others were planning to go?"

"No," admitted X.

On 4/21/2023 at 7:47 AM, The Bookwyrm said:

Mysterious Forest

The fragments of the spear dissolved into light.

What are you DOING?!

Something.

Bookwyrm rolled and re-summoned his spear. It appeared out of glittering light back into his hand. 

"Why?!" he asked, standing and pointing the speartip at Emma. "Why would you-"

He cut off.

"You're really gone, aren't you?" he said softly. "Emma is dead. You aren't Emma. You're Kaos."

In response Emma slapped the tip of the spear away with the palm of her hand and blasted him with a barage of dark bullets from the other.

"Yes. I have always been Kaos, Emma was just a front. A lie that had to be sold. Soon the world will be born anew and you will help me make it so."

@The Bookwyrm @The Bookwyrm @The Bookwyrm @THE BOOKWYRM

On 4/21/2023 at 11:24 PM, Telrao said:

The Islands: The Sanctuary

For a moment she was back in the Sanctuary, and the Second was staring at her with wide eyes. He reached for her with a paw. "Telrao, wait!" Then he and the Sanctuary were gone, replaced by darkness. And Light.

@The Wandering Wizard

The hot breath of tiger washed upon her as Wizard appeared. His form was transparent, yet still visible, and he smiled down on Telrao.

"Welcome young one to the halls of the protectors."

@Telrao

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

On 4/21/2023 at 2:53 PM, Edema Ruh said:

Refnet

Rue gave Insa a sad smile that didn't reach her eyes. "I'm not really sure what we do now."

Refnet 

Insa frowned. "I guess we help the people get fully settled. And either we stay here..." Insa thought for a little bit. "I can think of two options. We go find bind points and try to slow Emma down. Or we go try to find Bookwyrm and stop him from whatever probably not well thought through thing he's trying to do."

I vote y'all stay.

4 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Refnet 

Insa frowned. "I guess we help the people get fully settled. And either we stay here..." Insa thought for a little bit. "I can think of two options. We go find bind points and try to slow Emma down. Or we go try to find Bookwyrm and stop him from whatever probably not well thought through thing he's trying to do."

I vote y'all stay.

Refnet

"Could we stop Bookwyrm, or would trying only put him and whoever else he's with in more danger?" Rue hesitated, then sighed. "If destroying the bind points would really slow Emma down, then we should probably do that."

Rue can't hear the voice that's highlighted, right?

2 minutes ago, Edema Ruh said:

Refnet

"Could we stop Bookwyrm, or would trying only put him and whoever else he's with in more danger?" Rue hesitated, then sighed. "If destroying the bind points would really slow Emma down, then we should probably do that."

Right.

Refnet

Insa shook her head. "Destroying them is what Emma is trying to do. We have to defend them. Though I'm not sure where they are. Nor do I know who else might have survived the collapse." 

52 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Refnet

Insa shook her head. "Destroying them is what Emma is trying to do. We have to defend them. Though I'm not sure where they are. Nor do I know who else might have survived the collapse." 

Refnet

"Oh" Rue blew out a puff of air. "What a mess. We might as well stay and help the refugees, but if Emma wins then none of it will matter anyway..." She shook her head, looking pained. "I don't know."

6 minutes ago, Edema Ruh said:

Refnet

"Oh" Rue blew out a puff of air. "What a mess. We might as well stay and help the refugees, but if Emma wins then none of it will matter anyway..." She shook her head, looking pained. "I don't know."

Refnet

Insa frowned. "If I sit here and do nothing much longer I'm gonna break. I can't" You could. It would be best.  "Kaos has taken almost everything from me." Maybe that's for the best.  "I could try contacting people and see if they answer..."

23 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

In response Emma slapped the tip of the spear away with the palm of her hand and blasted him with a barage of dark bullets from the other.

"Yes. I have always been Kaos, Emma was just a front. A lie that had to be sold. Soon the world will be born anew and you will help me make it so."

@The Bookwyrm @The Bookwyrm @The Bookwyrm @THE BOOKWYRM

Mysterious Forest

Pain laced through Bookwyrm as the darkness pierced him. The latent corruption in his mind flared, and he shoved it back down.

You are not going to win this.

I know. I have to stall until someone who can comes along.

Come on, Calano...find the Creator's Light...we didn't bring you to that ocean of Light for nothing.

The voice sighed. I'll support you as long as I can. But this endangers both of us to an extreme. Would you betray your friends in such a way? Have them face you as you follow the will of a dark being?

Bookwyrm hesitated, but didn't answer.

"What about Calano?" Bookwyrm asked Emma, staggering as he desperately tried to heal the wounds. Stormlight took longer than normal. So did Gold. The wounds finally closed, but the darkness was not so easily purged. He isolated it with the Light in his mind, vowing to deal with it later. It was only in his body. Not his soul. Yet.

"I performed your marriage," he continued. "I felt the love. The magic wouldn't have worked if it didn't exist. Or did you find some way to fake that which is unfakeable?"

@CalanoCorvus

Edited by The Bookwyrm

Mysterious Forest Path

Calano stared ahead. He felt… a feeling. Coming from far away. In this realm, but far away.

From Bookwyrm.

Encouragement. Hope. Pride. Assurance.

Calano stood, grunting, and looked around. The forest seemed to be watching him.

He frowned, a burning in his chest beginning to form. He glared at the forest.

”I’m not afraid of you,” He muttered.

He clenched his fists.

”I’m not afraid of you!” He shouted, “I’ve seen death! I’ve tasted it’s sting, looked into it’s eyes! I’ve watched my own love die yet still live, and then kill her and what possessed her!”

He turned to look down the path in front of him.

”I am not afraid! I have power over my mind!” He shouted again.

The burning in his chest crescendoed, and a small portal appeared.

He stepped through, and found himself on a small stone platform, deep underground, surrounded by a sea of Light. The Purest Light he had ever seen.

”Gods above…” He whispered in awe.

”I’ve done it.”

@The Wandering Wizard @The Bookwyrm

2 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Refnet

Insa frowned. "If I sit here and do nothing much longer I'm gonna break. I can't" You could. It would be best.  "Kaos has taken almost everything from me." Maybe that's for the best.  "I could try contacting people and see if they answer..."

Refnet

“Try it,” Rue suggested. “I’m not much for sitting around either. Maybe someone else knows where the pillars are.”

52 minutes ago, Edema Ruh said:

Refnet

“Try it,” Rue suggested. “I’m not much for sitting around either. Maybe someone else knows where the pillars are.”

Refnet

Insa sat down on the ground. She reached out mentally looking for anyone she knew. 

There might not be anyone...

Shut. Up.

No. I don't think so. I don't want to.

I need to focus.

I need you to stay safe through all this so I can take you back to your home.

My home? What home? Right now this is what I need to focus on. It's more important.

Fine, whatever.

Thank you. Insa focused back on trying to find anyone. After a bit of searching, she found Matra.

"I found someone!"

Matra? Are you safe?

@Shadowed

Pool of Pure Light

Calano sat in awe, the burning in his chest steady and sure.

The Creators light… I’ve found it. He thought.

Welcome. A gentle, yet powerful and booming voice said through the silence.

You have journeyed far, and your journey is almost over. Not many make it this far. It is commendable that you have. For this, I congratulate you.

Calano looked around, searching for a source to the voice. “Who are you?” He asked.

A memory. I am but a sliver of the Creator before. This is My Light. And you have journeyed far, and suffered much, and have been deemed worthy for one final trial: The Path of Body.

The Path Of Body will change you. It will prepare you physically for near-omnipotent godhood.

Tears sprang to Calanos eyes. He was at a loss for words.

Step into the Sea. Step into the Sea and be Changed.

Calano stood, then slowly stepped into the sea. The Light was warm, lapping gently against his shins. Then it began to spin, around him, and be absorbed by his body. It burned, but in a slightly comforting way. Still, the burning was distracting, and Calano flinched.

Concentrate. It will make the experience better, it will give you your own personal Connection to the Light, bonded through your Intent.

Calano closed his eyes, concentrating on how far he’d come. And who he was doing this for.

Wizard. Emma. Layra. Bookwyrm, Insa, Telrao, so many more. He had to save them, he had to stop the Kaos. This was the only way to stand against the Dark.

Calano began to rise, slowly absorbing the Sea of Light as he rose on a vortex of Liquid Light, becoming something more than a man.

8 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Refnet

Insa sat down on the ground. She reached out mentally looking for anyone she knew. 

There might not be anyone...

Shut. Up.

No. I don't think so. I don't want to.

I need to focus.

I need you to stay safe through all this so I can take you back to your home.

My home? What home? Right now this is what I need to focus on. It's more important.

Fine, whatever.

Thank you. Insa focused back on trying to find anyone. After a bit of searching, she found Matra.

"I found someone!"

Matra? Are you safe?

@Shadowed

Matra jumped as she felt a mental connection reaching out to her. Insa.

Holding up her hand to the others, she closed her eyes and concentrated. She hadn’t done this for a while.

I’m not sure if ‘safe’ is the right word… but we’re not in immediate danger, no. We were actually planning to meet up with you and the others to try and go for the next bind point - but none of us know where you are.

How’s your end going?

@InfiniteInsanity

6 hours ago, Shadowed said:

Matra jumped as she felt a mental connection reaching out to her. Insa.

Holding up her hand to the others, she closed her eyes and concentrated. She hadn’t done this for a while.

I’m not sure if ‘safe’ is the right word… but we’re not in immediate danger, no. We were actually planning to meet up with you and the others to try and go for the next bind point - but none of us know where you are.

How’s your end going?

@InfiniteInsanity

Refnet

A lot has happened. How about you tell me where you are and I'll find some way get there. Rue too. And then... we'll just tell you and go from there. Sound good?

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Refnet

A lot has happened. How about you tell me where you are and I'll find some way get there. Rue too. And then... we'll just tell you and go from there. Sound good?

Alright. We’re in Tal’rin - you know that ruined place that you, me and Bookwyrm were in a while back? The place with the Ember? We’re camped in an underground bunker, so you two can work on getting here and I’ll explain to X, Platypus and Thaidakar what’s going on. Stay safe.

Matra cut off the mental link and opened her eyes, turning to the others. “Insa and Rue are heading here. They should be able to help us go for the bind point, as well as update us on everything that’s happened.”

@xinoehp512 @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Being of Cacophony @InfiniteInsanity

37 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

Alright. We’re in Tal’rin - you know that ruined place that you, me and Bookwyrm were in a while back? The place with the Ember? We’re camped in an underground bunker, so you two can work on getting here and I’ll explain to X, Platypus and Thaidakar what’s going on. Stay safe.

Matra cut off the mental link and opened her eyes, turning to the others. “Insa and Rue are heading here. They should be able to help us go for the bind point, as well as update us on everything that’s happened.”

@xinoehp512 @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Being of Cacophony @InfiniteInsanity

"That's good. Is there anyone else we could get? Where'd the others go?"

Well, it's been a while. I haven't really done much... I guess I'll be here from now on for when someone needs me in plot.

I don't really know where he ended up, so he's just kind of mentally detached until someone pulls him back.

???

TAAron was alone, almost.

He didn't really know where he was or what he was doing. He just... waited. For orders, perhaps. He felt nothing.

A voice still whispered inside of him. This is not the end for you. Not yet. He didn't know what it meant, or maybe he chose not to. After all, it wasn't Kaos. It was somehow insubstantial, yet not himself. No matter.

He would continue to wait.