Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

1 minute ago, Aes Sedai said:

Would it look like we won to those of us who aren’t corrupted or like she went somewhere else?

Yes it would look kinda like that. And projectiles would fly through the fiery onxy tornado to each other, maybe leading you all to think she isn't done. :eyes:

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Aes Sedai @InfiniteInsanity @Being of Cacophony

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

13 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma is faster than Wizard :P

She can be fast, but that matters less. His Blade was already swinging since he started the lock, I just haven't posted to say so. And even if the others think they won, Platypus probably wouldn't as he was right there and watched her disappear. But maybe not.

Edited by Being of Cacophony

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Okay, is there something else Rue should try to kill then? Or something that should attack her? Or I can just pretend not to exist :D

@The Wandering Wizard

Edited by Aes Sedai

42 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He stood, dazed, looking down at the whole in his chest. Why... What will happen? He felt compelled to do as the voice asked. It seemed right, but he was still confused. Why had he tried to kill himself before? To avoid this? There wasn't anything wrong with this.

I will be one step closer to being free and you all will have another Kaos artifact.

She can be fast, but that matters less. His Blade was already swinging since he started the lock, I just haven't posted to say so. And even if the others think they won, Platypus probably wouldn't as he was right there and watched her disappear. But maybe not.

A tornado of flame exploded from her chest, wouldn't that throw him backwards?

@Being of Cacophony

7 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

A tornado of flame exploded from her chest, wouldn't that throw him backwards?

@Being of Cacophony

maybe? He was leaning forward so much that he would get burned and thrown 1 or 2 meters, not thrown super far. He's also much heavier than he looks. And his Blade would protect him to an extent because it basically absorbs and neutralizes energy (any kind of energy, Kaos or otherwise) and some solids. So it would absorb some fire and some of the force. that's why it repelled Bookwyrm's blade back when The Shrai met him. It recognized his blade as something it couldn't absorb and tried to repel it. If you really want him thrown backward, I can come up with an excuse though. Or rework the Blade's mechanics so it does a slightly different thing.

Edited by Being of Cacophony

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

maybe? He was leaning forward so much that he would get burned and thrown 1 or 2 meters, not thrown super far. He's also much heavier than he looks. And his Blade would protect him to an extent because it basically absorbs and neutralizes energy (any kind of energy, Kaos or otherwise) and some solids. So it would absorb some fire and some of the force. that's why it repelled Bookwyrm's blade back when The Shrai met him. It recognized his blade as something it couldn't absorb and tried to repel it. If you really want him thrown backward, I can come up with an excuse though. Or rework the Blade's mechanics so it does a slightly different thing.

It would have repelled him because the Kaos can't be absorbed unless it's corrupting Kaos, then it LOVES to be absorbed. 

okay. What I was saying is that the Blade would trick the Kaos into being absorbed by thinking it could corrupt the blade and then neutralize it. If that doesn't work, he would have gotten thrown 6-7 meters, but still not to far because the Blade would release the neutralized energy to counter the Kaos energy. It hadn't absorbed too much energy and it gave some of the energy to him so he could fight as much as he did, but it would still be quite a bit because of the stored energy from a long time ago. It does diminish as it stays longer, but there is still quite a bit.

Clinic: Roof

Telrao saw the Avatar of Kaos turn to the pillar, and felt a wave of nauseating Kaos flow over her, but not touch her.

"NOW!" She shouted, bounding forward. The Second began to run also. Lyna, Hav, and the rest of the Squad broke out of the shield and began blasting at the being of Kaos.

@The Wandering Wizard @Shadowed @xinoehp512

9 minutes ago, Telrao said:

Telrao saw the Avatar of Kaos turn to the pillar, and felt a wave of nauseating Kaos flow over her, but not touch her.

"NOW!" She shouted, bounding forward. The Second began to run also. Lyna, Hav, and the rest of the Squad broke out of the shield and began blasting at the being of Kaos.

X followed close behind in his shield-tunnel, defending the attackers as best as he could. The battle was so loud- but he had to stay focused. He could almost hear the pillar screaming out in pain, feel it in the depths of his soul.

He moved ever closer.

5 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The thrill of the battle pulsed through Emma as the beam's burns, the sword strikes at her, the lightning flung her way, and the spiritual beam of energy. Time slowed down for her but her arms did not.

Her sickle swung against the pressure of the blade and a second one joined the deadlock. The sickles began to darken, a purlish flame begining to run up them. 

The beams would be a problem, but they had sent multiple at her, enough that perhaps she could just. Yes, yes, she could do that.

A fire beings to burn in her heart and begins to steadily burn outwards. The onyx tornado explodes outwards, blistering fire spitting outwards.

And now that she was disguised, Emma disappered, her grin leaving last of all.

Quietly she appeared behind the pillar of light and she sunk her hands into it. Whisps of onxy fire began bleeding into the pillar from her hands, finishing what was started.

@Being of Cacophony @The Bookwyrm @InfiniteInsanity @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @That1Cellist @UnfortunatelyNamed @Ati16 @Telrao @Shadowed @xinoehp512 @Shining Silhouette

Insa watched as Emma disappeared. And then a wave of dizziness and exhaustion washed over her. She walked a little ways off and sat down. 

Insa looked around. The roof had become quite a chaotic mess. She looked around taking everything in. It took her a bit to see Emma standing behind the pillar. Oh scud. She tried to stand up but she just got dizzier.

Bookwyrm. Emma's at the pillar. I'm too tired to get up but we can't let her finish corrupting the pillar. It could bring down the whole clinic.

@The Bookwyrm

7 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

X followed close behind in his shield-tunnel, defending the attackers as best as he could. The battle was so loud- but he had to stay focused. He could almost hear the pillar screaming out in pain, feel it in the depths of his soul.

He moved ever closer.

Matra’s very soul stung with the corruption and death that permeated the air. Following X, protected by his shields, she slunk closer to the being that had been Emma. Her power reserves were stoked high inside her, and if she could just find an opening…

She could Burst.

@xinoehp512

12 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa watched as Emma disappeared. And then a wave of dizziness and exhaustion washed over her. She walked a little ways off and sat down. 

Insa looked around. The roof had become quite a chaotic mess. She looked around taking everything in. It took her a bit to see Emma standing behind the pillar. Oh scud. She tried to stand up but she just got dizzier.

Bookwyrm. Emma's at the pillar. I'm too tired to get up but we can't let her finish corrupting the pillar. It could bring down the whole clinic.

@The Bookwyrm

The pillar...

Bookwyrm turned and looked to the glowing pillar of light. He could see tendrils of darkness slowly creeping across it.

He flipped his spear staff around so that the speartip faced behind him and the carved staff portion faced forward. He channeled magic into the staff, and it began to glow with blue light. Bookwyrm ran towards the pillar, and as he ran, released his magic. An arc of distorted space rippled through the air, a gravity wave designed to throw Emma away from the pillar.

He didn't expect it to work. But it would at least get her attention.

@The Wandering Wizard

15 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

That sounded... good. That sounded right. Why was I fighting you?

Because you didn't know the peace that only I can give you. The joy from knowing that you will never hurt again, that there will never be sorrow again. Now go help my champion, my child.

13 hours ago, Telrao said:

Casually Emma waved her hand, tendrils of Kaos blasted forth. Splitting into many little beams of corruption. They struck at the group to the left and Emma watched as the corruption struck.

@Telrao @Shadowed @xinoehp512

24 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

The pillar...

Bookwyrm turned and looked to the glowing pillar of light. He could see tendrils of darkness slowly creeping across it.

He flipped his spear staff around so that the speartip faced behind him and the carved staff portion faced forward. He channeled magic into the staff, and it began to glow with blue light. Bookwyrm ran towards the pillar, and as he ran, released his magic. An arc of distorted space rippled through the air, a gravity wave designed to throw Emma away from the pillar.

He didn't expect it to work. But it would at least get her attention.

@The Wandering Wizard

The wave slammed into Emma and she skidded to the left, but her grip on the pillar steadied her. 

She hissed at Bookwyrm, "I can feel it in your mind, what you have done for her. Ssoon sshe will be mine again and you with her. You can feel it can't you? The corruption in your veinss, sspreading through you. Purging the taint of the light from you. I will see you again, Bringer of the Stars."

The gradient of the pillar changes from grey to black, purplish flecks appear in the stone, cracks trailing up the stone.

40 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Because you didn't know the peace that only I can give you. The joy from knowing that you will never hurt again, that there will never be sorrow again. Now go help my champion, my child.

Casually Emma waved her hand, tendrils of Kaos blasted forth. Splitting into many little beams of corruption. They struck at the group to the left and Emma watched as the corruption struck.

The wave slammed into Emma and she skidded to the left, but her grip on the pillar steadied her. 

She hissed at Bookwyrm, "I can feel it in your mind, what you have done for her. Ssoon sshe will be mine again and you with her. You can feel it can't you? The corruption in your veinss, sspreading through you. Purging the taint of the light from you. I will see you again, Bringer of the Stars."

The gradient of the pillar changes from grey to black, purplish flecks appear in the stone, cracks trailing up the stone.

Oddly, TAAron seemed to hesitate for a moment. But then he downed another vial of metals and Pushed himself over to the pillars, ready to defend. He approached he group fighting Emma, hoping none were aware of the corruption.

I'm not entirely sure what's going on or who's there.

The Kaos in his mind thrumed and ordered him to burn Duralumin, Pewter, and Steel.

The sticky wetness of liquid Kaos pooled behind him and enveloped his chest, granting him new armor. The Kaos bled directly into him, intermingling with his life energy.

@The Aspiring Archivist

The thrill of the battle pulsed through Emma as the beam's burns, the sword strikes at her, the lightning flung her way, and the spiritual beam of energy. Time slowed down for her but her arms did not.

Her sickle swung against the pressure of the blade and a second one joined the deadlock. The sickles began to darken, a purlish flame begining to run up them. 

The beams would be a problem, but they had sent multiple at her, enough that perhaps she could just. Yes, yes, she could do that.

A fire beings to burn in her heart and begins to steadily burn outwards. The onyx tornado explodes outwards, blistering fire spitting outwards.

And now that she was disguised, Emma disappered, her grin leaving last of all.

Quietly she appeared behind the pillar of light and she sunk her hands into it. Whisps of onxy fire began bleeding into the pillar from her hands, finishing what was started.

@Being of Cacophony @The Bookwyrm @InfiniteInsanity @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @That1Cellist @UnfortunatelyNamed @Ati16 @Telrao @Shadowed @xinoehp512 @Shining Silhouette

Thaidakar summoned a fire in front of him, it deflected the blistering Kaos fire. Thaidakar then blasted Emma with beams of kool-aid red energy, trying to get her away from the pillar.

The Clinic: Roof

Perhaps, Bookwyrm said mentally as he drew closer. But it doesn't matter. I'm playing the long game here, Kaos. Just because I can't see the light at one point doesn't mean it doesn't exist, and it doesn't mean it won't ever exist again.

I'm willing to step into the darkness because I know there will be light again.

46 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron landed by Bookwyrm and approached him. "What are you doing?" he asked, slipping a few coins into his hand.

@The Bookwyrm @The Wandering Wizard

"Emma is corrupting the Clinic's Pillar," Bookwyrm said. "But...I don't know if we can do anything about it..."

17 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

The Clinic: Roof

"Emma is corrupting the Clinic's Pillar," Bookwyrm said. "But...I don't know if we can do anything about it..."

TAAron paused. "Good." He brought the coins up to Bookwyrm's chest and Pushed hard, sending both flying in opposite directions and digging the small bits of metal into Bookwyrm's body.

I don't imagine this would be fatal, but it would cut and hurt a lot.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

X shielded the group, blocking the tendrils in mid-air.