Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

52 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Thanks." Slowly black cracks appeared throughout the lobby, forming holes into nothing. "Light, we need to move! Rue, Ati, you're with me. Insa, you go with Bookwyrm. We'll evacuate all the patients that we can, then meet up afterwards. Do you know how to get to Earth? We can rendezvous there."

@The Bookwyrm @Ati16 @InfiniteInsanity

Clinic: Lobby

"Alright, but you'll have to lead the way, because I'm fairly new here and don't know where the other patients are.", Ati said, slamming his axe into another Kaos tiger.

5 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Mysterious Forest Path

"That's not for you to know," growled the figure. 

A pair of staffs appeared in his hands. 

"All you need to know is that you are coming to me."

If he doesn't have weapons on him, all he can summon would be his weapon of choice. But he wouldn't be able to change it. Currently that's all that the figure is letting him access.

Mysterious Forest Path

Calano tried, and successfully summoned, a single Lightsword.

"I will not be doing any such thing," Calano said, raising his Sword, "I will fight if I have to. I must make it through."

4 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

The cracks are the absence of reality, so no. That would be like trying to drink from an empty cup.

4 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

He saw X, "Hey... you were in the office before, right?"

"Yeah," replied X. "But I don't... I'm not in charge or anything..."

5 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The cracks are the absence of reality, so no. That would be like trying to drink from an empty cup.

i see. ok.

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

X slumped, feeling the tide of fury inside him dissipate. In its place, he just felt... exhausted. He saw someone run up to the rapidly expanding cracks. "Hey," he called. "Step back. We need to get out of here."

Clinic: Roof

After the Blade fails to absorb energy, Platypus prepares to send energy into the cracks. He stops, however, when he hears a voice.

"Ok. What are your suggestions?"

11 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark drew another Aon, and in a flash of light he appeared inside the bubble of light, right behind Telrao. He slashed his blade at her neck.

The blade hit the small bubble of light and was rebuffed, small pieces of Light sticking to the dark blade, causing the Kaos to split into the Light of the Raven and Darkness.

Telrao flinched but continued to draw, eventually ending with a intricate Aon Omi linked with an Aon Kii. She paused for only a moment, allowing the Second to place his paw on the Aon. Then she completed it, sending out a wave of soft light - which caused any who felt it to feel a wave of calm and peace wash over them, washing away any negative emotions. But if one was guilty, they would instead feel a wave of pure pain.

On 3/3/2023 at 0:10 PM, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Thanks." Slowly black cracks appeared throughout the lobby, forming holes into nothing. "Light, we need to move! Rue, Ati, you're with me. Insa, you go with Bookwyrm. We'll evacuate all the patients that we can, then meet up afterwards. Do you know how to get to Earth? We can rendezvous there."

@The Bookwyrm @Ati16 @InfiniteInsanity

"Wait, Earth?! That's...what...I mean - Earth?!"

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Wait, Earth?! That's...what...I mean - Earth?!"

“I… take it you don’t know how to get there?” Nameless opened a gateway to an empty plain somewhere in Greenland. “Does that help?” He ran off, tying the gateway open behind him. “Right. Rue, Ati, I can sense a large concentration of Kaos’s forces near the cafeteria. I think there’s some survivors there.” 

@Aes Sedai @Ati16

Lark screamed in pain, tossing his sword aside before it exploded and falling to his knees. The connection between him and Telrao snapped as he lost concentration, the flames of Kaos around him sputtering weakly.

@Telrao

3 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

“I… take it you don’t know how to get there?” Nameless opened a gateway to an empty plain somewhere in Greenland. “Does that help?” He ran off, tying the gateway open behind him. “Right. Rue, Ati, I can sense a large concentration of Kaos’s forces near the cafeteria. I think there’s some survivors there.” 

@Aes Sedai @Ati16

Rue followed, muttering something rather vulgar about Earth under her breath.

Edited by Aes Sedai

1 hour ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"No, I know how to get there...It's just...It's Earth. A generally non-magic world that has way too many dimensional versions of it. I didn't even realize it was connected to the Clinic's multiverse....Which version of Earth is this, anyway?"

Earth...It's been a long time...

Edited by The Bookwyrm

13 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"No, I know how to get there...It's just...It's Earth. A generally non-magic world that has way too many dimensional versions of it. I didn't even realize it was connected to the Clinic's multiverse....Which version of Earth is this, anyway?"

Earth...It's been a long time...

Insa rolled her eyes. "Which ever one that is I guess. Now come on let's move we don't have time." 

Edited by InfiniteInsanity

On 3/3/2023 at 4:16 PM, Being of Cacophony said:

After the Blade fails to absorb energy, Platypus prepares to send energy into the cracks. He stops, however, when he hears a voice.

"Ok. What are your suggestions?"

20 hours ago, Telrao said:

The blade hit the small bubble of light and was rebuffed, small pieces of Light sticking to the dark blade, causing the Kaos to split into the Light of the Raven and Darkness.

Telrao flinched but continued to draw, eventually ending with a intricate Aon Omi linked with an Aon Kii. She paused for only a moment, allowing the Second to place his paw on the Aon. Then she completed it, sending out a wave of soft light - which caused any who felt it to feel a wave of calm and peace wash over them, washing away any negative emotions. But if one was guilty, they would instead feel a wave of pure pain.

The ground shakes as the sky begins to fall apart.

"I don't know!" X called. "Anywhere but here!"

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Shadowed

i absolutely love that we've normalized all the crazy of every other magical universe that the mere thought of going to normal old earth is absolutely mind bogglingly crazy for our characters.

and yet here we are.

on earth.

behind a screen.

shaping worlds.

4 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark screamed in pain, tossing his sword aside before it exploded and falling to his knees. The connection between him and Telrao snapped as he lost concentration, the flames of Kaos around him sputtering weakly.

Telrao's ears went back as she saw Lark in pain. She hated causing pain, and hurting others. The Second breathed in a long breath, letting the wave of calm wash over him.

"Lark!" Telrao shouted, deactivating the Aon Edo bubble, but remaining prepared to run. "There is a way! A way to end the pain!" She stumbled as a massive tremor shook the Clinic, but she remained balanced. "Accept your failure! Accept your hurt! Fight against the Corruption! You are worthy!"

@UnfortunatelyNamed

Clinic: Cafeteria

Nameless rounded a corner running at full speed, then abruptly pulled to a stop. Before him lay the entrance to the cafeteria, filled with a horde of countless Kaos tigers and other monstrosities. above their heads, he could see what appeared to be a group of survivors fighting for their lives. There didn't look to be many left. Around him and the others the cracks in reality were widening, the clinic's reality collapsing back into nothing. "Creator shelter us." He breathed, frozen for a moment in horror.

@Aes Sedai @Ati16 

Lark struggled to his feet, face rigid with agony. "I... cannot." He extended his hand jerkily, and a new Kaos blade appeared. "This is the only path I can take. The only path that will allow me to reach my goals."

@Telrao

The Clinic: Roof

The Second bared his teeth. "Arguing with him is futile, Telrao. He has made his choice."

Telrao studied Lark with compassionate eyes. "A hypocrite is a man who is changing. Anyone can change. There is always a better path."

She took a deep breath and stepped closer to Lark, drawing another Aon Omi. A powerful wave of soft light flowed over Lark, pulling at his anger, his hatred, his fear - trying to fill his heart with the peace of forgiveness.

"If you pursue this path, it will only end in death. Including your own, Lark." Telrao said, taking yet another step closer to that Kaos blade. "This way, nobody wins. Do you truly want that?"

@UnfortunatelyNamed

11 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Nameless rounded a corner running at full speed, then abruptly pulled to a stop. Before him lay the entrance to the cafeteria, filled with a horde of countless Kaos tigers and other monstrosities. above their heads, he could see what appeared to be a group of survivors fighting for their lives. There didn't look to be many left. Around him and the others the cracks in reality were widening, the clinic's reality collapsing back into nothing. "Creator shelter us." He breathed, frozen for a moment in horror.

@Aes Sedai @Ati16 

“Light,” Rue breathed. “I haven’t seen a fight this size since the Last Battle.”

Lark wavered, Blade falling to rest against the splintering roof. "I do not want death. But me serving Kaos will not bring death. Not those that are unnecessary, at least. Please Telrao. Do not come any closer. Run while you still can."

@Telrao 

"This is worse... worse than the chickens." Nameless looked to Rue helplessly. "What do we do?"

@Aes Sedai

The Clinic: Roof

Telrao stepped closer, letting Light flow from her and gently touch Lark. "A friend does not run from one who needs help." She replied, placing a paw on his boot and looking upwards into his eyes. The sounds of the battlefield seemed to fade away, replaced with a serene whiteness. "I am here to help you, friend. There is still hope for you."

The floor trembled, and the Second gritted his teeth as he braced himself. He growled softly and kept a close watch on Lark, prepared to protect Telrao.

@UnfortunatelyNamed

48 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"This is worse... worse than the chickens." Nameless looked to Rue helplessly. "What do we do?"

@Aes Sedai

Rue shook her head. “I have no idea. I doubt compulsion would work on them, and even if it does, I can’t do so many at once. I have the Flame of Tar Valon, but still…” she trailed off. “The staff. Should we find out if it’s really worth all the trouble we went through to get it?”

3 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

@Aes Sedai @Ati16 

Ati gasped in horror looking at the forces of Kaos surrounding the small group of desperate patients. "We have to get to them before the cracks get too wide."

2 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

@Aes Sedai

"I have a sphere filled with purified Dor that would give me incredible power for a minute or so...", Ati said thoughtfully. "I might be able to distract the Kaos forces for a short time."

@UnfortunatelyNamed, @Aes Sedai

Now this is what happens when you live in the opposite timezone to most of the sharders. 

1 hour ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark met Telrao's eyes, Kaos retreating to reveal a face that was white as bone. "I have made. My. Choice. Mine. This is the only way to save you all."

Telrao flinched at that pure white face. I... can still save him...

It is too late for him, Telrao. She felt the First say, he has made his choice.

Telrao slowly backed away from Lark. "Please..." she whispered softly, her voice almost lost in the clamour of battle. The Second took her by the ruff and pulled her away from the psychiatrist, and Telrao stumbled as the Clinic shook again. Her eyes widened.

"If we don't do something, the Clinic is going to break down completely." The Second said gruffly.

The Clinic's balance is almost completely fractured. There is no time left - this realm belongs to Kaos. Her Avatar has destroyed the Pillar, and soon reality itself will rip this place apart. The First said, her presence like a beam of sunshine on the Therapy Cat's souls. I give you both permission to transport innocents to the Islands. 

Telrao nodded solemnly, then quickly scribbled another Aon Ehe to blast several Kaos Tigers.