Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

4 hours ago, Telrao said:

Telrao studied the new shield and poked it with a paw. Nodding, she turned towards the others.

"So what do we do?" Lyna asked, grunting and sitting up. Hav put a protective hand on her shoulder, his reflective visor up. He grunted.

"We need to get to that Pillar." The Second said, "It allows Kaos to have direct influence on the people here. A little like a direct line to this dimension." He growled softly. "And that... being over there is the Avatar of Kaos. Those threads are strong."

Telrao nodded. "With our combined abilities, we should be able to at least break one of those threads. But..." she glanced towards the Second, and an unspoken word passed between them. If we have to die, we will. "It will be difficult. And may leave you all exposed. I can infuse you all with protective Light - it will reinforce your souls against Kaos' power." 

Telrao breathed out, and a flood of light left her mouth, entering the chests of all those around her. She closed her eyes, and when she opened them, they were a bright blue, no longer a radiant white. "There." She whispered.

She looked up and slow-blinked at X and Matra. "You two have any ideas?"

@xinoehp512 @Shadowed

X took a deep breath. "We should get close to the pillar." The lines on his skin pulsed in synchronicity with his words, as if in agreement. "If we shield, we should be able to get there without being stopped."

@Telrao @Shadowed

2 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

A stream of silk slams into the coin and onto TAAron, carrying the corrupting touch of the Kaos. The silk barely halted the coin.

"NO!" TAAron fell to his knees, then collapsed to the floor, shivering. He felt the Kaos overwhelming him, but he couldn't bring himself to care anymore. He let it take his mind.

What now?

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

What now?

Well most go into a comma and when they wake up they are fully corrupted, but this one was different. Well most have been different. Emma just prefered to knock them out by holding on and overwhelming them with corruption, thus unconciousness. 

Main thing is that he is Kaos alligned and he can not betray that, if he recieves a order from the Kaos he can't go against it. And his view of Kaos would be positive instead of what it was before.

It kinda reverses all that was there before, replacing the light with darkness instead.

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Okay. I am gonna do a bit of last-minute resistance, though.

This would kill him, except if he goes full Kaos in time he'll burn pewter to save himself.

This is wrong, TAAron thought. This is so, so wrong. I have to stop this. But he didn't move. He couldn't get himself to. He burned iron again, Pulling wish Duralumin on the last coin. He lurched to the side as it slammed into him and went through his chest. He didn't really notice the pain as he fell. Good.

His vision began to darken.

12 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Two more arms raised and blasted raw Kaos at Thaidakar. An aura began to warp the air around her, churning malice into the air. 

A stream of silk slams into the coin and onto TAAron, carrying the corrupting touch of the Kaos. The silk barely halted the coin.

Two of Emma's sickles engage Platypus in combat. Her blades twirling and glowing with a eerie purple light.

"I don't want to, but if you all don't cooperate..."

Insa shot four sparks directing them all towards Emma. "If we die I doubt many of us will come back like Calano and Wizard did."

Edited by InfiniteInsanity

17 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Two more arms raised and blasted raw Kaos at Thaidakar. An aura began to warp the air around her, churning malice into the air. 

Two of Emma's sickles engage Platypus in combat. Her blades twirling and glowing with a eerie purple light.

"I don't want to, but if you all don't cooperate..."

Thaidakar gritted his teeth, yelling as he pushed more energy from the dark entity and manifested it into reality infront of him in beams. Thaidakar activated his watch too, blasting that beam as well as the other two.

13 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Clinic: Roof

"Emma! You're better than this! You can be good!" Platypus parries a slash. "I believe in you. Wizard and Calano can help you! Can you at least try?!"

Platypus suddenly stops one of his Blade's swirling strokes and matches into a deadlock with her. Twisting he sword slightly, he locks his hilt with her sickle's guard [or handle if she doesn't have one] and tries to throw the sickle out of her hand.

to avoid that, she'd either have to go into an unnatural position and probably break a bone (which she could probably do) or push her other sickle into his Blade which would leave her open to an attack. Or I guess she could attack him, but that would be hard as he was a good swordsman before Wizard taught him, he just didn't know Stances.

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

to avoid that, she'd either have to go into an unnatural position and probably break a bone (which she could probably do) or push her other sickle into his Blade which would leave her open to an attack. Or I guess she could attack him, but that would be hard as he was a good swordsman before Wizard taught him, he just didn't know Stances.

Emma is better than Wizard, she beat him every time they dueled, I think he'll be in for a surprise of what she can and can't do :P

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

Emma is better than Wizard, she beat him every time they dueled, I think he'll be in for a surprise of what she can and can't do :P 

yeah, I know. What I was saying is that the position she is in now is a tactic Platypus invented to attack foes stronger than himself. But if you think there is another way out of it, go for it. I was just saying that he is capable of defending himself while keeping pressure on her blade. He is a little over-confident though. He hasn't had much experience with avatars for gods and their super-human capabilites.

14 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Did you see my thing?

Emma just sort of has to finish corrupting him and then he can save himself from dying with pewter

@The Wandering Wizard

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

7 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

X took a deep breath. "We should get close to the pillar." The lines on his skin pulsed in synchronicity with his words, as if in agreement. "If we shield, we should be able to get there without being stopped."

@Telrao @Shadowed

“Let’s do it.” Matra set her jaw. 

“It will be dangerous… but we have your shields, and I think Telrao’s Light might have given me enough power for another Burst of energy, if we need.”

A grim smile graced her face. “Let’s go beat the scud out of those K-demons and rescue the clinic! Coming, X, Telrao?”

@xinoehp512 @Telrao

Mysterious Forest Path

Calano ran, his body filled with fear.

Fear of the highest order.

The most fear he'd ever felt in his life. Piercing, bone chilling, blood curdling terror.

The Whispers sounded like they were drawing closer, closer and closer.

The howling had turned into snarls. The snarls were slowly turning into something else.

Or, Calano was hallucinating that. Perhaps they were just snarls and Calano was so, so terrified, he thought he heard something else.

He thought he heard his wife, crying for help.

@The Wandering Wizard

14 hours ago, Shadowed said:

“It will be dangerous… but we have your shields, and I think Telrao’s Light might have given me enough power for another Burst of energy, if we need.”

A grim smile graced her face. “Let’s go beat the scud out of those K-demons and rescue the clinic! Coming, X, Telrao?”

Telrao nodded solemnly, sharing a long look with the Second. "We are ready." She said softly, carefully stoking the Light within. The Second nodded, checking the Connections again and frowning.

"We need to move quickly," He said, seeing the invisible lines of deep violet energy grow thicker. "Kaos is growing stronger."

Lyna stood shakily, then tugged on her helmet. "My squad is ready to come out firing, of you people need a diversion." She gripped Hav's hand and gave them a ferocious, eager grin. "We have enough Light to resist Corruption for at least a short while."

Ryn, Vic and Grel nodded, checking their guns yet again, visors reflecting the fading light of the shield. "Just say the word, Telrao." Hav said, flicking down his visor. "We're ready."

@Shadowed @xinoehp512

On 2/24/2023 at 4:55 PM, Telrao said:

Telrao nodded solemnly, sharing a long look with the Second. "We are ready." She said softly, carefully stoking the Light within. The Second nodded, checking the Connections again and frowning.

"We need to move quickly," He said, seeing the invisible lines of deep violet energy grow thicker. "Kaos is growing stronger."

Lyna stood shakily, then tugged on her helmet. "My squad is ready to come out firing, of you people need a diversion." She gripped Hav's hand and gave them a ferocious, eager grin. "We have enough Light to resist Corruption for at least a short while."

Ryn, Vic and Grel nodded, checking their guns yet again, visors reflecting the fading light of the shield. "Just say the word, Telrao." Hav said, flicking down his visor. "We're ready."

@Shadowed @xinoehp512

On 2/24/2023 at 2:44 AM, Shadowed said:

@xinoehp512 @Telrao

X nodded, taking a deep breath and closing his eyes. When he opened them again, they were gray.

He raised his hands, projecting shields around the group, ready to move forwards towards the pillar.

@Shadowed @Telrao

Edited by xinoehp512

Ati had been filling his metalminds, for about half an hour now. His physical attributes had just ran out when the tigers melted and he had gone into a hiding place to fill his metalminds. The rational thing to do was to escape, but he couldn't bring himself to do that. Not again. He grabbed his battle axe, tapped speed and joined the fight.

On 2/23/2023 at 8:41 PM, The Aspiring Archivist said:

This is wrong, TAAron thought. This is so, so wrong. I have to stop this. But he didn't move. He couldn't get himself to. He burned iron again, Pulling wish Duralumin on the last coin. He lurched to the side as it slammed into him and went through his chest. He didn't really notice the pain as he fell. Good.

His vision began to darken.

The Kaos in his mind thrumed and ordered him to burn Duralumin, Pewter, and Steel.

The sticky wetness of liquid Kaos pooled behind him and enveloped his chest, granting him new armor. The Kaos bled directly into him, intermingling with his life energy.

@The Aspiring Archivist

On 2/23/2023 at 8:48 PM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar gritted his teeth, yelling as he pushed more energy from the dark entity and manifested it into reality infront of him in beams. Thaidakar activated his watch too, blasting that beam as well as the other two.

On 2/23/2023 at 8:42 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa shot four sparks directing them all towards Emma. "If we die I doubt many of us will come back like Calano and Wizard did."

On 2/25/2023 at 1:05 PM, Aes Sedai said:

"Hmm, that seemed...effective," Rue said. She channeled into the staff again.

@UnfortunatelyNamed @The Wandering Wizard

On 2/23/2023 at 8:51 PM, Being of Cacophony said:

Clinic: Roof

"Emma! You're better than this! You can be good!" Platypus parries a slash. "I believe in you. Wizard and Calano can help you! Can you at least try?!"

Platypus suddenly stops one of his Blade's swirling strokes and matches into a deadlock with her. Twisting he sword slightly, he locks his hilt with her sickle's guard [or handle if she doesn't have one] and tries to throw the sickle out of her hand.

The thrill of the battle pulsed through Emma as the beam's burns, the sword strikes at her, the lightning flung her way, and the spiritual beam of energy. Time slowed down for her but her arms did not.

Her sickle swung against the pressure of the blade and a second one joined the deadlock. The sickles began to darken, a purlish flame begining to run up them. 

The beams would be a problem, but they had sent multiple at her, enough that perhaps she could just. Yes, yes, she could do that.

A fire beings to burn in her heart and begins to steadily burn outwards. The onyx tornado explodes outwards, blistering fire spitting outwards.

And now that she was disguised, Emma disappered, her grin leaving last of all.

Quietly she appeared behind the pillar of light and she sunk her hands into it. Whisps of onxy fire began bleeding into the pillar from her hands, finishing what was started.

@Being of Cacophony @The Bookwyrm @InfiniteInsanity @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @That1Cellist @UnfortunatelyNamed @Ati16 @Telrao @Shadowed @xinoehp512 @Shining Silhouette

6 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The Kaos in his mind thrumed and ordered him to burn Duralumin, Pewter, and Steel.

The sticky wetness of liquid Kaos pooled behind him and enveloped his chest, granting him new armor. The Kaos bled directly into him, intermingling with his life energy.

@The Aspiring Archivist

The thrill of the battle pulsed through Emma as the beam's burns, the sword strikes at her, the lightning flung her way, and the spiritual beam of energy. Time slowed down for her but her arms did not.

Her sickle swung against the pressure of the blade and a second one joined the deadlock. The sickles began to darken, a purlish flame begining to run up them. 

The beams would be a problem, but they had sent multiple at her, enough that perhaps she could just. Yes, yes, she could do that.

A fire beings to burn in her heart and begins to steadily burn outwards. The onyx tornado explodes outwards, blistering fire spitting outwards.

Quietly she appeared behind the pillar of light and she sunk her hands into it. Whisps of onxy fire began bleeding into the pillar from her hands, finishing what was started.

@Being of Cacophony @The Bookwyrm @InfiniteInsanity @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @That1Cellist @UnfortunatelyNamed @Ati16 @Telrao @Shadowed @xinoehp512 @Shining Silhouette

"No... no... no... we've lost. I couldn't save them. I didn't help at all. That's all I am. A weak, helpless bunnyrabbit. I am not ferocious." Shark didn't even know what to do anymore. He stared blankly, not noticing or caring about anything around him. "I'm sorry." he whispered over and over.

Edited by That1Cellist

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Overwhelmed but still, unfortunately, alive, TAAron collapsed.

I guess Kaos can give him orders now.

43 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

@The Aspiring Archivist

Pushed back against his will by Emma's sheer strength, he swings at her midsection with his other blade, still twisting his Blade, feeling it start to give way under the onslaught. I must win this fight!

The purplish flame would be repelled when it meets the Blade until it overcomes the Blade's strength, which could happen, but it wouldn't be fast.

42 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Overwhelmed but still, unfortunately, alive, TAAron collapsed.

Protect Emma, rest for now, but you must help protect Emma while she corrupts the pillar, it will not be long now before the deed is done.

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

Pushed back against his will by Emma's sheer strength, he swings at her midsection with his other blade, still twisting his Blade, feeling it start to give way under the onslaught. I must win this fight!

Did you notice that Emma isn't there anymore? :P

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

Protect Emma, rest for now, but you must help protect Emma while she corrupts the pillar, it will not be long now before the deed is done.

He stood, dazed, looking down at the whole in his chest. Why... What will happen? He felt compelled to do as the voice asked. It seemed right, but he was still confused. Why had he tried to kill himself before? To avoid this? There wasn't anything wrong with this.

Just now, Being of Cacophony said:

uh... Well, i read that. I was putting my response before she disappeared as Platypus has insane reaction time when boosted and enraged as he is now, but if that doesn't work, that post didn't need to happen :P 

Emma is faster than Wizard :P