Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron paused. "Good." He brought the coins up to Bookwyrm's chest and Pushed hard, sending both flying in opposite directions and digging the small bits of metal into Bookwyrm's body.

Bookwyrm grimaced in pain and flew through the air. He flared steel and pushed the coins out of his body, then healed with Stormlight.

TAAron too, he thought. What is it all coming to? 

Bookwyrm stepped forward, shifting space around him and teleporting behind where TAAron had landed. Bookwyrm grabbed TAAron's shoulder and poured Stormlight into him, Lashing him gravitationally to the ground several times to keep him from moving.

3 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm grimaced in pain and flew through the air. He flared steel and pushed the coins out of his body, then healed with Stormlight.

TAAron too, he thought. What is it all coming to? 

Bookwyrm stepped forward, shifting space around him and teleporting behind where TAAron had landed. Bookwyrm grabbed TAAron's shoulder and poured Stormlight into him, Lashing him gravitationally to the ground several times to keep him from moving.

TAAron burned pewter to keep himself upright. "Why do you fight this?"

On 2/24/2023 at 5:28 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Mysterious Forest Path

Calano ran, his body filled with fear.

Fear of the highest order.

The most fear he'd ever felt in his life. Piercing, bone chilling, blood curdling terror.

The Whispers sounded like they were drawing closer, closer and closer.

The howling had turned into snarls. The snarls were slowly turning into something else.

Or, Calano was hallucinating that. Perhaps they were just snarls and Calano was so, so terrified, he thought he heard something else.

He thought he heard his wife, crying for help.

@The Wandering Wizard

@The Wandering Wizard

8 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Casually Emma waved her hand, tendrils of Kaos blasted forth. Splitting into many little beams of corruption. They struck at the group to the left and Emma watched as the corruption struck.

Lol jokes on Emma the First already planned for this HA! :P 

5 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

X shielded the group, blocking the tendrils in mid-air.

Telrao watched as the tendrils of kaos zipped through the air, slamming into X's shields. Her lips curled back in a snarl. "Second!" She shouted. "Connection goes both ways!"

"Got it!" The Second yelled back over the crash of grinding metal and gunshots. They stopped together and knelt, Telrao scribbling on the ground, the Second with his paw on the lines. "There!" Together, they lifted their paws and sent a shaft of pure Light towards Emma.

@The Wandering Wizard

14 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron burned pewter to keep himself upright. "Why do you fight this?"

The Clinic: Roof

Bookwyrm smiled. "Isn't it obvious? You knew the answer once, too. You still do, in fact. Kaos has made you think you've forgotten.

"If I ever do embrace darkness, it's because of the simple fact that in the dark I can see the light clearer."

3 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm smiled. "Isn't it obvious? You knew the answer once, too. You still do, in fact. Kaos has made you think you've forgotten.

"If I ever do embrace darkness, it's because of the simple fact that in the dark I can see the light clearer."

"No. You're wrong." TAAron took a staggering step toward him, straining against the Lashings.

20 hours ago, Telrao said:

Telrao watched as the tendrils of kaos zipped through the air, slamming into X's shields. Her lips curled back in a snarl. "Second!" She shouted. "Connection goes both ways!"

"Got it!" The Second yelled back over the crash of grinding metal and gunshots. They stopped together and knelt, Telrao scribbling on the ground, the Second with his paw on the lines. "There!" Together, they lifted their paws and sent a shaft of pure Light towards Emma.

@The Wandering Wizard

The light slams into a wall of shadows and is halted. 

Lark steps through that wall, pale face wreathed in the power of Kaos. “I am afraid that I cannot allow this resistance to continue. For your own good, you shall accept Kaos.”

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed
Removed extra space

On 3/1/2023 at 9:59 AM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar summoned a fire in front of him, it deflected the blistering Kaos fire. Thaidakar then blasted Emma with beams of kool-aid red energy, trying to get her away from the pillar.

A crackling beam of lightning meets the kool-aid and a few trendrils jag around the kool-aid, blasting into Thaidakar.

On 3/1/2023 at 10:07 AM, The Bookwyrm said:

Perhaps, Bookwyrm said mentally as he drew closer. But it doesn't matter. I'm playing the long game here, Kaos. Just because I can't see the light at one point doesn't mean it doesn't exist, and it doesn't mean it won't ever exist again.

I'm willing to step into the darkness because I know there will be light again.

"Emma is corrupting the Clinic's Pillar," Bookwyrm said. "But...I don't know if we can do anything about it..."

Your sight lies, not even the Kaos knows exactly what will happen. We have been set up for success, but it is up to us to secure it. I'm afraid you're out of time.

On 3/1/2023 at 11:01 AM, xinoehp512 said:

X shielded the group, blocking the tendrils in mid-air.

21 hours ago, Telrao said:

@The Wandering Wizard

The tendrils' connection to Emma snaps and they mix with the light, unbound, unfettered.

So what do you think would happen? I'm thinking that an explosion of some sort would occur, most likely at least.

@Telrao

On 2/24/2023 at 5:28 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

Mysterious Forest Path

Calano ran, his body filled with fear.

Fear of the highest order.

The most fear he'd ever felt in his life. Piercing, bone chilling, blood curdling terror.

The Whispers sounded like they were drawing closer, closer and closer.

The howling had turned into snarls. The snarls were slowly turning into something else.

Or, Calano was hallucinating that. Perhaps they were just snarls and Calano was so, so terrified, he thought he heard something else.

He thought he heard his wife, crying for help.

@The Wandering Wizard

A pair of red eyes appeared infront of Calano and a hooded figure stepped out of the underbrush.

"Why hello there," chuckled the voice. "I've been looking forward to meeting you."

On 2/23/2023 at 8:30 PM, The Wandering Wizard said:

Mysterious Forest Path

Wizard wandered through the woods. Silently pading, listening for his own inner demons.

A familiar snarl behind him sends his heart skyrocketing.

It had begun and she was here.

She was here and it all could be over.

He ran, running away from the exit, trying to keep her away from Calano.

He had to succeed or everything ended here!

The Creator would never be remade and it would all be Kaos or Death!

Wizard ran, tugging on the feelings of the being that was chasing him.

Convincing her to continue to follow him.

Wizard ran as a tiger until he could run no more. A solid wall of of stone appeared in front of him, no matter what direction he turned in. And soon he was boxed in by walls.

"Well this is it," muttered Wizard to himself. "This is my end and Calano will have to continue alone. I've done what I can, I've lived a good life. Perhaps it's time to finally sheathe the sword."

The being of Kaos came ever closer and Wizard calmed, soon he could finally rest.

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

25 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark steps through that wall, pale face He  in the power of Kaos. “I am afraid that I cannot allow this resistance to continue. For your own good, you shall accept Kaos.”

On 3/1/2023 at 1:42 AM, Shadowed said:

Matra’s very soul stung with the corruption and death that permeated the air. Following X, protected by his shields, she slunk closer to the being that had been Emma. Her power reserves were stoked high inside her, and if she could just find an opening…

She could Burst.

@xinoehp512

X conjured a wall in front of Lark's face. He took a deep breath, the lines on his skin pulsing in sync with the fading light of the pillar. It called to him.

Around him, people of all shapes and sizes fought and fell to darkness. He could hear their screams, muted as they were through the grey. Just as the Kaos was infecting the pillar, it was infecting this place, and the people who lived here. Their pain hammered at his thoughts, threatening to shatter his concentration and leave him vulnerable. He pushed it away.

I just need to get to the pillar, he thought. If I can do that, I can protect it. 

As the thought crossed his mind, he realized it was true. How it could be true, he had no idea, but it was incontrovertible. He could save the Clinic. He could save everyone. All he needed to do was get to the pillar.

He turned to Matra. He couldn't speak, but there was more than one way to communicate. He looked towards Emma and Lark, then back to her, gaze questioning.

@Shadowed

Edited by xinoehp512

2 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark steps through that wall, pale face wreathed in the power of Kaos. “I am afraid that I cannot allow this resistance to continue. For your own good, you shall accept Kaos.”

"Lark!" Telrao shouted. "I know you're still in there! You have to fight it!"

She pushed forward, the Second stepping behind her. "You are worthy, Lark! You are part of the Clinic - and a friend! Don't let this corruption steal who you are!"

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The tendrils' connection to Emma snaps and they mix with the light, unbound, unfettered.

Gimme to storming explosion! There are not nearly enough of those! :P 

The Light rejected the Corruption, curling back and exploding with a blast of pure white light. If the small pieces of Light touched anyone, it would immediately be absorbed and be diluted in the power of their soul.

26 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I don't have to believe it. It just makes sense."

"'Makes sense?' You've been blinded. You can't see truth now. What makes sense for you in your case does not reflect the reality that you can't see.

"But I promise you: We'll make sure you'll be able to see the light again."

Bookwyrm vanished.

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Your sight lies, not even the Kaos knows exactly what will happen. We have been set up for success, but it is up to us to secure it. I'm afraid you're out of time.

Then Kaos is more blind than I thought. Comes with relying on Darkness for sight instead of Light, I suppose.

Bookwyrm teleported to where Emma was and swung his spear in a downward arc towards her, it's speartip wreathed in light and flame.

Edited by The Bookwyrm

11 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"'Makes sense?' You've been blinded. You can't see truth now. What makes sense for you in your case does not reflect the reality that you can't see.

Bookwyrm vanished.

Then Kaos is more blind than I thought. Comes with relying on Darkness for sight instead of Light, I suppose.

Bookwyrm teleported to where Emma was and swung his spear in a downward arc towards her, it's speartip wreathed in light and flame.

How long do the lashings last? He'd run out of Stormlight in not too long

1 hour ago, Telrao said:

She pushed forward, the Second stepping behind her. "You are worthy, Lark! You are part of the Clinic - and a friend! Don't let this corruption steal who you are!"

Lark sneered. “Still in there? You’re right, of course. I’m still me.” He spread his arms, and a massive burst of Kaos flame launched outwards toward the gathered group. “Which is why I ask you to join me. The Kaos will cure all things. Surely you, a therapy cat, can understand the appeal.”

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

3 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

A pair of red eyes appeared in front of Calano and a hooded figure stepped out of the underbrush.

"Why hello there," chuckled the voice. "I've been looking forward to meeting you."

Mysterious Forest Path

Calano froze, skidding to a stop.

"Who are you?" He asked, voice hoarse, "And why should I not run you through where you stand?"

3 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark sneered. “Still in there? You’re right, of course. I’m still me.” He spread his arms, and a massive burst of Kaos flame launched outwards toward the gathered group. “Which is why I ask you to join me. The Kaos will cure all things. Surely you, a therapy cat, can understand the appeal.”

Telrao took another step, baring her teeth at the Kaos that flowed around her, but not touching her fur. "Kaos? Cure? It stifles. It changes. It corrupts. It does not heal, Lark. It breaks."

The Second stood by Telrao's side, his bright eyes shining. "Do you, human," He said, "Truly believe, in the depths of your soul, that darkness is the path to freedom? That this is the way to true joy? Tell me..." He asked, seeing the thread of Connection stretching from Lark to the Pillar. "How does it feel to be bound?"

Just now, Telrao said:

Telrao took another step, baring her teeth at the Kaos that flowed around her, but not touching her fur. "Kaos? Cure? It stifles. It changes. It corrupts. It does not heal, Lark. It breaks."

The Second stood by Telrao's side, his bright eyes shining. "Do you, human," He said, "Truly believe, in the depths of your soul, that darkness is the path to freedom? That this is the way to true joy? Tell me..." He asked, seeing the thread of Connection stretching from Lark to the Pillar. "How does it feel to be bound?"

Lark shook his head. "You rationalize so readily, but you are the ones who are bound. Bound by your foolish ideas of morality. Don't you see how the Kaos will better things? No more endless struggle between light and darkness, tearing souls and worlds apart. Finally, we will have peace."

5 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark shook his head. "You rationalize so readily, but you are the ones who are bound. Bound by your foolish ideas of morality. Don't you see how the Kaos will better things? No more endless struggle between light and darkness, tearing souls and worlds apart. Finally, we will have peace."

"And what are we giving up?" Telrao asked. "Kaos is longer what it was. Kaos is darkness now, Lark. What once was good is now evil. Worlds will be destroyed, innocent people murdered. You, Lark, once worked for something more. When you fought, you fought for freedom, for choice. Look around you!"

She pointed to the battlefield, where Kaos Tigers roamed and people screamed as they feel under Kaos' influence. "Do you believe this is right? That blood and oppression is the path we should take?"

Just now, Telrao said:

"And what are we giving up?" Telrao asked. "Kaos is longer what it was. Kaos is darkness now, Lark. What once was good is now evil. Worlds will be destroyed, innocent people murdered. You, Lark, once worked for something more. When you fought, you fought for freedom, for choice. Look around you!"

She pointed to the battlefield, where Kaos Tigers roamed and people screamed as they feel under Kaos' influence. "Do you believe this is right? That blood and oppression is the path we should take?"

Lark looked around the battlefield and laughed. "You think this is bad? This is nothing. The ends justify the means. I've done worse in pursuit of less. Or do you not remember that time I took over the clinic?" He stepped forwards, a Shardblade made of shadows appearing in his hand. "But enough of this. I will not be swayed by your arguments, and you're too blind to see the truth of mine. There's only one way this will end."

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark looked around the battlefield and laughed. "You think this is bad? This is nothing. The ends justify the means. I've done worse in pursuit of less. Or do you not remember that time I took over the clinic?" He stepped forwards, a Shardblade made of shadows appearing in his hand. "But enough of this. I will not be swayed by your arguments, and you're too blind to see the truth of mine. There's only one way this will end."

Telrao breathed deeply and closed her eyes. When she opened them, they shone with a bright white light. "Lark," she said softly. "There is another way."

The Second placed a paw on her shoulder and shook his head. It is time to end this. He thought to her. He will not listen while Kaos is within him.

I know... she replied, readying her Light. But there is another way. Are you ready?

The Second nodded, and the two stood side by side.

5 hours ago, Telrao said:

The Light rejected the Corruption, curling back and exploding with a blast of pure white light. If the small pieces of Light touched anyone, it would immediately be absorbed and be diluted in the power of their soul.

The Kaos rejected the light as well, it split into shards of pure darkness and the Raven's grey light.

5 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm vanished.

The Clinic: Roof - Pillar

The spear slammed into a shield of Kaos around Emma. Only a small portion appeared, appearing as a portion of solid onyx stone infront of the spear.

It is not, it just knows that the future is a fickle thing, it is never set because all of our actions change it. Do you think Insa could live with you striking down her sister?

The pillar crackles splintering into a thousand tiny shards of onyx. A thick stream of darkness bursts from the pillar and sinks into Emma.

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood @The Bookwyrm @Telrao @Shadowed @xinoehp512 @That1Cellist @The Aspiring Archivist @UnfortunatelyNamed @Ati16 @Shining Silhouette @InfiniteInsanity @Being of Cacophony

It's too late now. You all failed.

Emma reaches into the pillar and pulls out a strange weapon. Both ends have wicked scythe blades on the end. Symbols on the staff blaze to life as Emma grasps it and she grins. 

She already knew what to do, it had been in her mind for a while.

The staff slammed into the ground and a tremor ran through out the whole clinic. 

Emma voice rang through out the whole clinic, having taken over the speakers through out the clinic.

"You can chase after me and possibly catch me, but you will condemn the people of the clinic to die. I will ensure of it, my armies are continuing their work down below, their work of death. You can stop them, or you can stop me. Which will you choose?"

4 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Mysterious Forest Path

Calano froze, skidding to a stop.

"Who are you?" He asked, voice hoarse, "And why should I not run you through where you stand?"

Mysterious Forest Path

"Because I am a big fan of your's Calano. I've been waiting to meet you for a long time." A forked grin appeared under the hood. "You've cheated me many times, but this time you will stay in my grasp."

2 hours ago, The last Fae in the Woods said:

... Hi ...

May I join? ...

Yes! You may join if you want! We just use quote boxes to talk OOC(Out of Character) around here.

Do you have any idea for a character, just a name and maybe a backstory. Or you can put it in the insanity clinic chat, which I will add you to if you want to join. 

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

5 minutes ago, Telrao said:

Telrao breathed deeply and closed her eyes. When she opened them, they shone with a bright white light. "Lark," she said softly. "There is another way."

The Second placed a paw on her shoulder and shook his head. It is time to end this. He thought to her. He will not listen while Kaos is within him.

I know... she replied, readying her Light. But there is another way. Are you ready?

The Second nodded, and the two stood side by side.

Lark leaped forward, striking towards the Second with his dark Blade.