Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

2 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"I'm afraid that you're wrong about that, I've never had a choice," clicked Emma.

The metal pooled around Emma and she hissed at it.

"Go, go and catch the falling fool!"

Burbling the metal raced off, sliding across the floor and heading towards the falling TAAron. 

It shifted, the metal forming a slide to catch TAAron and redirect his momentum towards Emma.

"Never enough, never! Not til all of you are corrupted. Then it will be enough."

TAAron Pushed to the side to avoid hitting the slide. "Release him!"

4 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"I'm afraid that you're wrong about that, I've never had a choice," clicked Emma.

Burbling the metal raced off, sliding across the floor and heading towards the falling TAAron. 

It shifted, the metal forming a slide to catch TAAron and redirect his momentum towards Emma.

"Never enough, never! Not til all of you are corrupted. Then it will be enough."

Insa frowned. "Would you actually be able to live knowing that you caused any of our deaths?"

"That's a lie... You always have a choice. You can either give in, or do your best to fight..." Thaidakar stood up straighter. "I will not be corrupted by your foolish god..." He blasted the tendrils with the crimson flames. Thaidakar blasted more beams of energy at Emma. If they hit, Emma would be thrown back.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

As the energy infused his shields, X felt the mouth of the dragon lift away from him, being forced ever further open.

X followed Matra, keeping his eyes and his focus on the shields inside the dragon's body as they continued to expand.

@The Wandering Wizard

The dragon's roar turned to a whine as it furiously whipped its head back and forth. It hacked trying to get the indigestible food out and away. A higher pitched whine began to eminate from its chest as it felt fear.

Just now, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa frowned. "Would you actually be able to live knowing that you caused any of our deaths?"

A hint to true fear entered Emma's voice as she clicked. 

"No I couldn't, which is why I corrupt, never kill. You don't want to be around when it instructs me to kill instead."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron Pushed to the side to avoid hitting the slide. "Release him!"

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"That's a lie... You always have a choice. You can either give in, or do your best to fight..." Thaidakar stood up straighter. "I will not be corrupted by your foolish god..." He blasted the tendrils with the crimson flames. Thaidakar blasted more beams of energy at Emma. If they hit, Emma would be thrown back.

Emma disappeared before Thaidakar's bolt struck.

She appeared behind TAAron and she whispered in his ear, "You are a fool to think you could outplay me. You will all be mine in the end."

Unleashing a stream of silk into a parachute, Emma carefully lowers herself and TAAron to the ground, corrupting him all the way.

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

The dragon's roar turned to a whine as it furiously whipped its head back and forth. It hacked trying to get the indigestible food out and away. A higher pitched whine began to eminate from its chest as it felt fear.

"No I couldn't, which is why I corrupt, never kill. You don't want to be around when it instructs me to kill instead."

She appeared behind TAAron and she whispered in his ear, "You are a fool to think you could outplay me. You will all be mine in the end."

Unleashing a stream of silk into a parachute, Emma carefully lowers herself and TAAron to the ground, corrupting him all the way.

"Emma this is stupid. Just stop. I got away from it. So can you I know it. It may be temporary but at least I'm not hurting the people I care about."

18 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The corruption would take more effort than normal, by the way.

So if he is corrupted, now it's just the in-between process until he's actually taken?

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

3 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The shields are still sticking the dragon's head in place.

X closed his eyes, pouring power into his shields, holding them firm as they expanded.

@The Wandering Wizard

Edited by xinoehp512

7 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

Clinic: Roof

Rue nodded sharply and channeled into the staff, trying to direct it towards the spider. 

@The Wandering Wizard

A blast of brilliant white light shot from the end of the staff, burning a hole through Emma's web as it sped towards her and TAAron.

On 2/17/2023 at 10:14 AM, The Wandering Wizard said:

TAAron slashed out with his blade, Pushing away from her and continuing to fall. Just a couple seconds and it's over.

@The Wandering Wizard

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

On 17/02/2023 at 6:18 PM, xinoehp512 said:

X closed his eyes, pouring power into his shields, holding them firm as they expanded.

@The Wandering Wizard

Matra nodded to herself. This is good.

No posts for almost 2 days? Are y’all feeling okay? :P 

I’m joking obviously it’s totally fine, I know you’re busy people and have lives outside of the shard, I was just commenting on it because it’s highly unusual :P 

Just now, Shadowed said:

No posts for almost 2 days? Are y’all feeling okay? :P 

I’m joking obviously it’s totally fine, I know you’re busy people and have lives outside of the shard, I was just commenting on it because it’s highly unusual :P 

Yeah been busy, might get to it tomorrow.

Feeling better now after last night.

On 17/02/2023 at 6:40 PM, Shadowed said:

Matra rushed out of the dragon’s open mouth, beckoning for X to do the same. She ran up to where a feline figure was drawing Aons on the ground. “Telrao?”

@Telrao @xinoehp512

The Clinic: The Roof

Telrao glanced up and smiled at X and Matra. "Well done, humans." She said, her eyes glowing brightly with a white light. She padded towards them, then closed her eyes and touched both of them in turn, infusing them with some of the power thrumming inside of her. The two felt a warm glow flood through their veins, before it settled cosily around their souls.

"This power," She said, "will help protect you against corruption. It will not be used to power your abilities," She purred and smiled at Matra. "You already have Light for that."

Just then, two humans in combat gear limped over, followed by three more dragging a young man between them. "Telrao!" Hav said, laying Lyna gently on the ground. She groaned and curled up into a ball, whispering. "She breathed in black smoke... and I..."

"Ma'am!" Vic said, shoving Edmund [@Shining Silhouette] in front of her. "We found this person hanging around, the battlefield. Who-"

"Just a moment. Everyone get close." Telrao said as she began to draw an Aon Edo on the ground. A bubble made of white light sprung up around them, preventing the K-tigers from attacking anyone. She turned to the Second, then gestured to Lyna. "What do you think?"

The Second padded to Lyna and lay a paw on her forehead, inhaling sharply as he saw a dark thread connecting Lyna to the partially korrupted pillar. "She's... been infected by Kaos." He said softly. He prodded at the thread and found that it gave a little. "But only weakly. She should be fine if we infuse her now..."

Without another word, Telrao placed her paw against Lyna's chest and released a burst of power. "There." She said, backing away a little. Lyna coughed and sputtered, then sat up. 

"Woah!" She exclaimed. "What the storms was that?" She rubbed her head, then groaned. "Scud, my head hurts."

Telrao smiled at Lyna, then drew a small Aon Omi. It released a muted light that, when it touched anyone, released a calm feeling, negating any fear or anger. Lyna sighed and lay her head back onto the ground. Telrao then turned to Edmund.

"And who are you?" She asked.

@Shadowed @xinoehp512

Edited by Telrao

On 2/17/2023 at 8:21 AM, The Wandering Wizard said:

The liquid metal still raced towards Emma, pooling into her armor. Symbols blaze into blackness all over her armor and her mandibles twist into a grimace.

Emma grasps Thaidakar's hand and a violent roiling darkness begins to pour into him. 

Two of Emma's other arms lash out with her invisible thread. Whipping it into his legs to entangle them with the sticky substance.

Mysterious Forest Path

Wizard's tail lashed against the ground, the only visible sign of his anguish.

"We must pass through here to reach the next trial and yes, we both must enter alone. The forest will ensure that we do not meet up until we are out of the forest."

Mysterious Forest Path

"When does it begin?" Calano asked, looking up at the foliage.

He was so.. tired. And now he was expected to run?? From his past, his nightmares?

He didn't know if he was ready.

On 2/17/2023 at 11:14 AM, The Wandering Wizard said:

Thaidakar cursed, looking around.

sorry, y'all, there's been a bit going on for me.

On 2/17/2023 at 0:16 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

"Emma this is stupid. Just stop. I got away from it. So can you I know it. It may be temporary but at least I'm not hurting the people I care about."

"You all aren't people that care about me. You left me when you all knew the darkness was strongest. She has never left me, you know her and that she will never leave you too."

On 2/17/2023 at 4:41 PM, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

A blast of brilliant white light shot from the end of the staff, burning a hole through Emma's web as it sped towards her and TAAron.

Emma hissed as her scythes swung and cut her silk parachute away as the white light blazed through it.

On 2/17/2023 at 5:56 PM, The Aspiring Archivist said:

TAAron slashed out with his blade, Pushing away from her and continuing to fall. Just a couple seconds and it's over.

@The Wandering Wizard

"TAAron," called Haly's voice. "TAAron wake up!"

Not actually haly but the Kaos since his has been recently touched by Kaos, she can do some funky things :P

And yes, the Kaos is a she.

@The Aspiring Archivist @That1Cellist @UnfortunatelyNamed @Aes Sedai @InfiniteInsanity @The Bookwyrm @Thaidakar the Ghostblood @Telrao

On 2/17/2023 at 0:18 PM, xinoehp512 said:

@The Wandering Wizard

On 2/19/2023 at 0:19 PM, Shadowed said:

Matra nodded to herself. This is good.

The dragon groaned as it tried to shake its head. The bones began to creak ominously outwards.

@xinoehp512 @Shadowed

On 2/20/2023 at 10:21 AM, CalanoCorvus said:

Mysterious Forest Path

"When does it begin?" Calano asked, looking up at the foliage.

He was so.. tired. And now he was expected to run?? From his past, his nightmares?

He didn't know if he was ready.

Mysterious Forest Path

"It starts now. See you o-"

Wizard began to fade from Calano's view, his last words cutting off as he disappeared fully.

Wizard shook his body, flinging off the water and he started walking on the path for the second time.

@CalanoCorvus

"TAAron," called Haly's voice. "TAAron wake up!"

TAAron whipped his head around in the air, looking for the source of the voice. He Pushed himself higher to look...

No, fool, it's a lie. He let himself drop again, wishing he could end it faster. Unfortunately, he had dropped his dagger.